Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Juli IMOM

Shadow Girl APOPT Pet Rescue

79 posts in this topic

Shadow Girl is such a beautiful, friendly girl -- she is well worth the money needed for this surgery!! Please help us raise the funds to get her second surgery -- I have never seen a pup fight this hard for life!!

Hi! I'm Shadows Foster Mommy! She is a fantastic little bundle of fur. She has come leaps and bounds, but she still needs her surgery so that she can leap and bound. She is full of personality despite her handicaps. Thank you so much for all of your help and donations! We are so encouraged to think that she is being given yet another chance. I was moved to tears to see how people care about her and want to help! Trust me she is worth it.

For Shadow,

Meredith

Meredith,

So glad you have taken Shadow in. Sounds like she has had a rough life and is so young! It also sounds like she is a fighter, and I will keep her in my prayers and hope she is funded quickly and that her procedure goes well. Give her lots of kisses from me and Mollie.

:hugs: and more :hugs:

Gail & Mollie

C'mon ANGELS, how can you resist that sweet little face!

Shadow Girl is scheduled for her first surgery this week. Please help her get the funds for her second surgery. She is such a sweet, happy girl who needs another chance. She can get through this with your help!

Thank you for your support.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue Volunteer

When I got word the other night about this wee one's plite I sent her story to friends. I know a few people donated and I hope the total is raised for the second surgery. I'm so sorry Shadow Girl has to go through this though. After donating all we can do is pray and pray I will!

((((A BIG HUG)))) to Shadow!

Denise and the Gang

Oh, what a sweet little thing! I am so happy that Shadow Girl is on her way to feeling so much better. The obstacles she has already undertaken have had to have made her one strong little girl. Hoping for the very best for your little girl and sending hugs and positive healing vibes her way.

Ruby Mae & Melanie

Hi,

What an adorable puppy dog! She's blessed to have you as her Mommy!

I am hoping that the surgery goes well.

Cheers,

Sherene

Thank you to everyone for your support and well wishes. Shadow Girl is scheduled for her first surgery on Monday. With your help, we can get Shadow Girl through this.

Thank you again.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

Thanks for all the great thoughts and wishes for Shadow Girl. She has her first surgery Monday, thanks to all of you wonderful people at IMOM. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We are all working really hard to raise money for her and we thank Erica for being the ADOPT volunteer who is working hard with IMOM to raise money for this surgery. We have requested before and after pix's to post for all of you (from her foster mommy) so please keep checking these logs for more info! Remember...Shadow Girl is up for adoption!! Her foster mommy is sooo worried about her and busy loving her...she keeps forgetting to take the pixs!! We love that she is in such good hands!

Thanks sooo much to all of you!

Amanda

ADOPT Volunteer

Sending lots of hugs and well wishes that everything goes well on Monday.

We are all pulling for you Shadow and will be here waiting for an update.

HUGS to you.

Hi all - just wanted to let you know that Shadow Girl is doing well and is getting ready for her 2nd surgery on Monday. They are going to try to close her wounds (caused by skin necrosis secondary to vasculitis) by doing a skin flap surgery. For those of you who may not have read all about her yet - she is a puppy that was rescued from a "free puppy" advertisement, who then broke with Parvo. She fought hard to survive the parvo, only to develop vasculitis. A large section of her skin on her body then started dying and had to be surgically removed. She has been brave through all this and is a fighter. She is also your typical puppy wanting to run and play, puppy bite, and steal shoes whenever she can. =) However, because her skin is so tight on the one side, it has pulled her body into a bit of a curve, so she runs a little bit lop-sided. She desperately needs this surgery to try to correct this and also close the wound up.

We appreciate so much all of you who have been able to donate to help this sweet puppy, and also thank those of you who send good thoughts, and are keeping her in your prayers.

If you would like an update on Monday after her surgery - please watch here and/or our website at www.adoptpetrescue.org

Thanks! She is such a sweetheart - we can't give up her now.

Tanya - Foster Coordinator for ADOPT Pet Rescue

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Hi all - just to clarify my statement about Monday being Shadow Girl's 2nd surgery .......this will be her 2nd surgery overall (the 1st was on August 27 to remove the dead skin). This will be her FIRST surgery though to REPAIR the wound. Hope to get some new pictures of her posted soon so you all can see how cute she is.

Thank you for your support of Shadow Girl!

Tanya - Foster Coordinator ADOPT Pet Rescue

www.adoptpetrescue.org

Hello Everyone!

Please keep watching this thread of e-mails. Lynne, our treasurer, is going to send updates of what Shadow Girl has had done so far and the updates on how much ADOPT has spent already on this poor girl! Also, we hope to have some new pixs soon! Keep checking for new info!

Have a wonderful day,

Amanda

ADOPT Volunteer

The vet is having hard time finding the correct size skin expander. They will now do a flap surgery instead. Shadow may need two flap surgeries but that can't be determined until after her first flap surgery. IMOM has raised a little more than enough funds for the first flap surgery. Since we do not know if a second surgery is needed, we are going to stop asking for donations for Shadow Girl at this time and move her thread to All Funds Raised. If it is determined the Rescue needs help with the second flap surgery we will move her back to the General Fundraising section.

Thank you everyone who has helped make sure Shadow Girl can receive her first surgery on Monday. We at IMOM wish her well.

Juli

Thank you for your generous contributions to help Shadow Girl. Hopefully, the surgery she is having next week will be the only one she needs.

Pam

ADOPT Pet Rescue

Please keep Shadow Girl in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow as she undergoes her Flap Surgery. Shadow's foster mom took these recent pictures. She is such a sweet puppy.

Thank you for all of your support.

Erica

[attachmentid=5042]

post-2320-1192385174_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erica- A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

Please keep Shadow Girl in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow as she undergoes her Flap Surgery. Shadow's foster mom took these recent pictures. She is such a sweet puppy.

Thank you for all of your support.

Erica

[attachmentid=5042]

[attachmentid=5044]

post-2320-1192385400_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erica- A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

Oh she is just the sweetest baby. I will be praying that all goes well for Shadow Girl tomorrow. Who would not love her and want to adopt her. I would just love to hold her but I am a little too far to do that. I will be looking in tomorrow to see how things are going.

Take care and God bless you

Wow, this sweetie is so amazing. she's a fighter and i can't wait till her story is in the happy endings section. :pp_animal_568:

Great News! Shadow Girl is out of surgery and in recovery. The vet says she did very well and she will need to stay in the hospital for a couple of days for rest and observation. No other news yet on the next step but we are hoping for the best.

Thank you for your support and well wishes.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue :spot

As Erica mentioned, Shadow Girl is out of her first surgery and recovering well. Thank you to everyone here for your kind thoughts and wishes for our Shadow Girl. We're so relieved to have this great network supporting us through everything. We couldn't do it without you! Hopefully she will find her forever home soon.

We'll keep you updated and have new pictures soon!

So glad to hear her surgery went well. So much to go through at such a young age! Poor, precious little girl. Give her lots of love from Mollie and me!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

Sign in to follow this