Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Juli IMOM

Shadow Girl APOPT Pet Rescue

79 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Skin necrosis secondary to vasculitis

Estimated total needed: First surgery - $829. IMOM is pledging $500 therefore we need to raise $329. Second surgery 10-14 days later - $1108.

Spayed/Neutered?: Not yet, delayed due to condition

Caseworker: Juli

IPB Image

Shadow has had a rough start in life. She was surrendered to ADOPT Pet Rescue, fought off parvo and is dealing with skin necrosis and vasculitis. Due to her severe protein loss, Shadow Girl's skin became edematous and then necrotic. The dead skin was removed by a veterinary surgeon, but the area was so large the incision could not be closed. Shadow Girl is currently being treated with bandaging until a skin graft can be attempted.

Surgery #1 is to place a skin expander. This must be done in order to harvest new skin. Surgery #2 would take place 10-14 days following surgery #1 and would use the new skin growth to create a skin flap to cover the wound. The vet is offering us a 25 percent discount! He also says immediate attention is required and the patient requires surgery ASAP.

ADOPT Pet Rescue write:

URGENT: Shadow Girl is one lucky girl but she is not out of the woods yet. She is presently recovering from Parvo but unfortunately also had complications which resulted in portions of her skin dying along her trunk. She has had one surgery already to remove the dead patches of skin. Shadow Girl is now in desperate need of a skin graft, as her skin is not growing back in a way that will allow her movement in her right forearm, specifically at her shoulder. This has been very expensive and will continue to be for a while yet, so we are desperate for donations to help pay her large medical bills. She is such a sweet puppy and has stayed strong through all of this. Her sweet spirit and spunk have inspired us all to do what we can to get her through this. Won't you help this cute little 5 lb ball of determination? No donation is too small - please help.

Donations for Shadow Girl can be made at www.imom.org/donation and should be marked "GF - Shadow Girl ADOPT Pet Rescue.

Thank you,

Juli Beatty

Treasurer, IMOM

Angels, this beautiful and brave little girl really needs our help. We just need to raise $329 for her first surgery, which needs to happen as soon as possible. We'll then have another 10-14 days to raise the balance of $1108.

But first steps first. Can you please make a donation of any size to help us raise $329? There is no amount too small.

Thank you for helping this lovely girl.

This poor sweet girl needs our help as soon as possible to get her wounds closed. How can one resist that sweet face? I pledge to donate the $329 needed for her to get her first surgery.

I have seen IMOM in action before, I know we can raise the additional funds for her second surgeryin 10-14 days.

Virginia

What a sweet little girl. First donation on its way. Not much but its a start. She looks so unhappy, I hope we can get her fixed up soon.

What a sweet face. Shadow Girl's rescue has been working hard to find funding for her treatment. They've spent a lot already to see her thru Parvo and they need our help to get this little girl fixed up. Thank you angels!!

Tracy/IMOM :heart::stripekitty:

Did I read that right? She's got a pledge to get her first surgery already?!?!? WOW! :D

YAY!

What kind of puppy is she? Other than tiny cute?

I pledge to donate the $329 needed for her to get her first surgery.

Virginia

Thank you Virginia!

Shadow Girl has enough funds for her first surgery. I'll be back in just a bit to update how much we have for her second surgery.

Thanks again. Shadow sends everyone little kisses...I would bet.

Juli

Isn't she cute?!? On the A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue website, they say she is a lab/cocker mix. I'd love to see what she looks like full-grown.

She's ADORABLE!!!!! Wonder what they Beatty girls would think of her? I think Cooper would like her as long as she left his flies alone. ;)

doG, this little girl is stinkin cute!!! I want a dog!!!

Thank you Virginia, for pledging the amount needed to insert her skin expanders! You are truly an Angel.

And thank you Debs and every one else who have pledged monies for her second surgery.

Let's keep up the momentum Angels - we alredy know she needs $1108 for her second surgery...just waiting on Coop to tally what we have already that can be put towards that.

This is a life threatening emergency Angels - let's stay on this one!!!

Ok, Shadow has $464 in donations, plus $500 IMOM pledge. This is enough for her first surgery, the skin expanders. That will leave $135 for the second surgery. We still need to raise $973 for the second surgery. Thanks everyone!!!

Coop :cooper:

Wonder what they Beatty girls would think of her? I think Cooper would like her as long as she left his flies alone.

The Beatty girls would probably freak out as they aren't used to dogs. But she'd fit in here as she is beautiful -- a requirement to be a Beatty girl. Yep, Coop would say come on in but let me take care of the flies.

I want a dog!!!

Me too, Lynette. My neighbor has a cocker and her granddog is a lab. Both really great dogs. What a cool combo Shadow Girl is.

Let's hope he isn't too busy. He's a boy on a continous mission.

It's afternoon nap time. We won't see Coop until dinner time. Zzzzzzzzzz

Whoo hoo!! :banana: Thank you angels for ensuring Shadow Girl gets her first surgery ASAP and is on the way to securing funds for the 2nd. :cool026:

And thank you, Cooper, for counting all the donations :cooper:

Whoo hoo!! :banana: Thank you angels for ensuring Shadow Girl gets her first surgery ASAP and is on the way to securing funds for the 2nd. :cool026:

And thank you, Cooper, for counting all the donations :cooper:

Thank you so much everyone for your generous contributions to help save Shadow Girl.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

Did I read that right? She's got a pledge to get her first surgery already?!?!? WOW! :D

YAY!

She is a Lab/Cocker mix. She came to the group with her sister.. owner surrender through a Free Puppy ad when she was 2 months old. She got sick just a few days later.

Thank you so much for your help.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

This poor sweet girl needs our help as soon as possible to get her wounds closed. How can one resist that sweet face? I pledge to donate the $329 needed for her to get her first surgery.

I have seen IMOM in action before, I know we can raise the additional funds for her second surgeryin 10-14 days.

Virginia

Virginia- Thank you so much for your generous donation. Shadow Girl sends you kisses!

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

OMG what a beautiful face, it looks like she is looking up at all of her Angels and saying Thank You for saving me, not once but twice[attachmentid=4982].

Angels, we have seen miracles happen over and over again at IMOM and it appears another miracle is about to happen.

Please make a donation to Shadow so she can get all fixed up and start to enjoy being a puppy. She has suffered so much in her short life.

post-25-1191885467_thumb.jpg

Oh she is so adorable and look at that face ? What angel can say no to that beautiful girl ??? I know I couldn't if I had the funds !!

:hugs:

Thanks to your efforts, Shadow Girl is able to get her first surgery. However, she still needs the funds for surgery #2. This sweet little girl has been through so much and she is on her way to recovery. Please help us find the funds to complete her second surgery. She is a fighter, but she needs your help, too!

Shadow Girl sends hugs and kisses.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T.

Pet Rescue

$848 gets Shadow Girl to All Funds Raised.

Donations are being accepted right now: www.imom.org/donation

Juli and :cooper:

This is very early picture of Shadow Girl with her sister on the day they were rescued. She got sick later that week. Please help Shadow Girl get through her second surgery so she can go back to being a happy, healthy baby girl.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

[attachmentid=4984]

post-2320-1191967605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erica- A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

Thank you for all you are doing for Shadow Girl. Thanks to all your special thoughts she is getting the first surgery. Remember she is up for adoption and she is a really sweet girl! You can find more info about her at www.adoptpetrescue.org!

Thanks again for everything,

Amanda

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue Volunteer

Thank you to everyone for all of your donations and kind thoughts for Shadow Girl. We wouldn't be able to do it without your help, and are so grateful. Shadow Girl is raising a paw up to all of you!

~Lynne

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

www.adoptpetrescue.org

I sent a small donation for this darling puppy. Please help this baby get all the funds needed for her second operation. I pray all the money will come in quickly so this baby can get all fixed up and find a loving forever home. She deserves a life full of joy and love. Please help her.

Love and prayers. God bless you for what you do for the animals.

I sent a small donation for this darling puppy. Please help this baby get all the funds needed for her second operation. I pray all the money will come in quickly so this baby can get all fixed up and find a loving forever home. She deserves a life full of joy and love. Please help her.

Love and prayers. God bless you for what you do for the animals.

Thank you so much for your donation Lori.

We appreciate your support.

Erica

A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue Volunteer

Edited by Erica- A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue

Sign in to follow this