Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Sheeba Jones

92 posts in this topic

I want to recap what Sheeba needs.

  • $24 more for Vaccine #2
  • $660 for Vaccine #3
  • $1478 - $1936 for radiation
Thanks so much!

Juli

Juli,

Thanks so much for carrying the torch for us while we 've been busy dealing with this fire issue in San Diego. The fire was in the path of aou bhouse for a while but that has changed and we are no longer in danger. We've been busy packing and unpacking,I hope they get a hold on this thing soon. Over 1000 homes lost in 3 days and the number will surely rise since they still don't have all of the fires under control yet.

Thanks again for all of the hard work, God bless you,

Sheeba and Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was posted in the wrong section by Roger and Sheeba:

My dad Roger is a little tired from all of the excitement with the fire in San Diego so I'm going to update you all while he is resting.

I went to see another specialist on Monday and he seems to think chemotherapy will work best for me because my cancer is in such a advanced stage. I look and feel pretty normal right now, but I know if I don't get the help I need that will change soon. He wants to go after the tumors that are in my lungs and he thinks chemo just may do the trick. He says I will need 3 to 4 treatments about 1 every three weeks. They run approx 950.00 per treatment. If anyone can help me out, no matter how big or small, it will be greatly appreciated.

We've been pretty busy in San Diego this week. I've never seen anything like these fires before. Our home was in the path of the Harris/San Miguel fire for a while, we even got a voluntary evacuation order at one point. Luckily the winds shifted and took our home out of danger and were safe. Roger was busy packing,loading up the car and watching the news and the fire(we could actually see the fire from our house when it was about 2 miles away) then we got the all clear for our area and he had to unpack. So he's resting and I'm writing. Does anyone have any info they can share about chemo how effective it is? Are there any dangers I should be aware of?I don't know much about it and I'm a little nervous about the idea. I'm gonna go wake up Roger because It's almost time for my dinner and I'm kind of hungry. I'll talk to you folks later. Keep the letters coming

Love,

Sheeba

Note: IMOM does not have an estimate or an agreement to work with IMOM for the 2nd vet. IMOM will let you all know when and if we are fundraising for the chemotherapy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger and Sheeba,

We just want to let you know our hearts and prayers are with you. Hang in there and know that your angels are watching over you.

Blessings,

Mike & Mike's Mom (Joanna)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheeba,

It was good to hear from you. Nice of you to let your dad sleep. Those fires are pretty scary. Just wanted to check in and let you know that Jack and I are thinking of you and your dad and sending good healing thoughts your way. Hope you can get your papers in soon so you can start getting better. I have a friend Duchess who is taking chemo and she is doing very well. :biggrin:

Husky hugs :dogsled: and lots of love

Debbie and Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roger and Sheeba. Just wanted to check in and see how things are going with you guys. We hope all is well.

Daisy just started doing chemo using the VELCAP protocol. Her oncologist said that is the most aggressive/effective for lymphoma, which Daisy unfortunately has.

Daisy had her 1st treatment 5 weeks ago and 24 hours after the treatment, her lymphnodes were no longer visible to the naked eye. Yeah! :) Daisy is scheduled for her 4th treatment this Friday but so far, so good. :banana:

What protocol do they want to use for Sheeba? I'm optimistic that with chemo, radiation and the vaccines, Sheeba will be with you for a long time!

Glad you guys are out of harm's way re: those awful fires!

Sending you lots of big hugs and little doggie kisses!

Michelle, Daisy and Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking in to see how Sheeba is today? What's happening on the veterinary front? Any more info? Take care

Lots of Love and Husky hugs, :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking in to see how Sheeba is today? What's happening on the veterinary front? Any more info? Take care

Lots of Love and Husky hugs, :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

I hope you two are feeling okay today, I heard about those fires ,you guys lucked out. Hopefully you two will continue to have good luck and Sheeba will tough this out. I saw something on the board saying imom needed something from the vet before they could start funding for sheeba again? I hope they get it soon so the angels can help her. Tumors in the lungs are no good.....I hope Sheeba gets help quickly so you two can have many more happy times together.....

Brandy & Audrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Roger and Sheeba,

You are on my heart and in my prayers that the tow of you will remain safe and out of harms way with all of the fires going on around you and that your home will be spared. I haven't been able to spend too much time at the computer, but Have been thinking of you and praying. I also hope that you will be able to find a way to help Sheeba;s tumors.

HUGS,

Kathy, Puddin and Angel Lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Roger & Sheeba...

We're just checking in on you and VERY thankful you are out of harms way with the fires. Now, Sheeba, you just have to concentrate on getting better. You're both in our hearts and prayers.

Blessings,

Mike & Mike's Mom (Joanna)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sending prayers that you are still out of harm's way. I know those fires have been erratic. Love to Sheeba, your sweet baby!

Love Debbie and Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sending prayers that you are still out of harm's way. I know those fires have been erratic. Love to Sheeba, your sweet baby!

Love Debbie and Jack

Right there with Debbie, we hope you are doing okay....

Brandy & Audrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roger -

Just got caught up on Sheebas' and your situation. I am so sorry for what you both are going through. It doesn't help that your lives have been threatened by the fires. I live in Los Angeles so I am most familiar with that situation.

Have you gotten the paperwork yet from the vet for IMOM? I certainly hope they move on that so we can get busy raising the funds that Sheeba needs for her chemo.

I will check later for an update. I hope you both are doing okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sending lots of prayers to sweet Sheba. It is so sad when our furry-ones become ill, they are so innocent and don't deserve to be in pain.

Sheeba please hang in there, we are all pulling for you..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Roger,

Just letting you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you and Sheeba are safe. Wish we knew how you were doing. Those fires have destroyed so much and devastated so many.

Kathy, Puddin and Angel Lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Roger,

Just letting you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you and Sheeba are safe. Wish we knew how you were doing. Those fires have destroyed so much and devastated so many.

Kathy, Puddin and Angel Lucky

Checking in on Roger and Sheeba, again we hope you are safe and staying out of harms way. We hope to hear from you and Sheeba soon, tell her to hang in there.

Sending lots of love and hugs to the both of you.... :hugs::heart:

Brandy & Audrey :hugs::heart::hugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard from Roger ? ? Has he had to evacuate ?

I sure hope that Roger and Sheeba are safe and hope to hear from them soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone heard from Roger ? ? Has he had to evacuate ?

I sure hope that Roger and Sheeba are safe and hope to hear from them soon!

Hi Michelle and everyone,

I found Roger's latest update on Sheeba. It was in a different part of the forum. Here it is, copied and pasted:

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to let all of you guys and gals know that I'm doing O.K. I'm taking a new medicine called elgen-25. It's a new trial study medicine that has'nt been approved yet but I say it's worth a try. With my condition, I need as many irons in the fire as possible. I'm still trying to get my chemo started while there's still time. I still feel pretty good. My appetite is hearty, I still like to play, and go for rides in the car. I think time is still on my side because I don't feel or act like someone who has cancer.

My alst vet said I was going to take a turn for the worst in 3 to 4 weeks. That was 3 weeks ago last Saturday. I'm just a little concerned with the tumors that are growing on my throat, and the ones that are just forming inside of my lungs. That is why the chemo is so important. The treatments are a little expensive though. I'm gonna need 4 to 5 sessions and they run about 950.00 a piece. I know that's alot of dough. It's more than I have right now. If any of you can help me out, that would be great. No one person needs to bear the whole burden. If everyone gives what is in there heart, I'm sure we can raise these funds, so dig deep you guys and help me out with this one so I can spend this Christmas with my dad, Roger and my sidekick Ace.

Gotta go for now and thanks for all of the support!

Sheeba :pp_animal_568:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to add: I have spoken to the office manager at Sheeba's vet's office. His account of what Sheeba needs next differs from what Roger is reporting that the vets have told him.

The office manager says radiation is first priority, while Roger has said that chemo must be done first. I have told both Roger and the office manager that we really cannot resume fundraising for Sheeba until everyone is in agreement on what treatment must happen next.

Tracy/IMOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger & Sheeba,

Whatever treatment may be necessary first... our hearts and prayers are with you.

Blessings,

Mike & Mike's Mom (Joanna)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG So poor Sheeba is waiting. :huh: Can we talk directly to the vet??? :unsure: I think time is of the essence! I am praying this is resolved before it is too late to help! :closedeyes:

Love to Sheeba and Roger :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the update on Sheeba brings tears and a heavy heart. Cancer makes me fighting mad(to put it nicely.) Sheeba, you and Roger are on my heart and in my prayers. Don't forget that one day at a time with Sheeba, but get things sorted out with the vet, so you are all on the same page and can get going fighting the cancer while there is still time!

HUGS

Kathy, Puddin, Angel Lucky and Zeus

:catwatching:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger & Sheeba,

Whatever treatment may be necessary first... our hearts and prayers are with you.

Blessings,

Mike & Mike's Mom (Joanna)

Mike & Mike's Mom (Joanna)

You have no idea how valuable your prayers and warm hearts are to us during these times. They mean so much that you can't put a price tag on them. Reading your letters gives us the strength to get through each day. Sheeba certainly appreciates them, and so do I.

God bless you,

Sheeba and Roger :dogsled:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are things going with the vet situation. Hoping you have been able to resolve the mix up so Sheeba can get help. We are praying for you and hoping things get moving soon.

Love and Husky hugs from Jack :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG So poor Sheeba is waiting. :huh: Can we talk directly to the vet??? :unsure: I think time is of the essence! I am praying this is resolved before it is too late to help! :closedeyes:

Love to Sheeba and Roger :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

Debbie and Jack,

It's amazing . I never thought that total strangers, I mean people that i have never met and unfortunately because of our locations and circumstances probally will

never have the pleasure of doing so, could be so supportive and show such concern, sometimes even more than my own family and the ones living under the same roof with you.

To answer your question about speaking to the vet, I spoke directly to the office manager yesterday and told him what the doctor said during the consult 8 days ago, (he was off the day of that visit) I'm sure that it's just an admin or communication error of some sort, but he assurred me that the doctor was putting together whatever documentation is needed to get the ball rolling.

The delays and the response time does get pretty frustrating at times, especially since time is so critical at this point, but I just try to keep my head up and not get discouraged. I've got to stay focused on getting Sheeba well and be strong. I tell you, between the 2 of us, Sheeba has certainly been the strongest. If you took 1 look at her, you'd never even know what she has. She makes me look like a whimp sometimes.

I'm confident this will be resolved sometime today, but please, keep your prayers coming.

Thanks, Sheeba and Roger :spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the update on Sheeba brings tears and a heavy heart. Cancer makes me fighting mad(to put it nicely.) Sheeba, you and Roger are on my heart and in my prayers. Don't forget that one day at a time with Sheeba, but get things sorted out with the vet, so you are all on the same page and can get going fighting the cancer while there is still time!

HUGS

Kathy, Puddin, Angel Lucky and Zeus

:catwatching:

Kathy, Puddin, Angel Lucky and Zeus,

You're absolutely right about getting on the same page, and I've spoken to the other parties involved,IMOM and the office manager and stated my case. The office manager assured me I'd have some results by today.So we'll see what happens. I don't want to upset or pressure anyone to the point that it causes things to move even slower.

Gog Bless You,

Roger and Sheeba :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites