Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jacki IMOM

Zoom Manly

981 posts in this topic

:pp_animal_103:

Hi all ....hope everyone is doing ok! The cold weather and snow has finally arrived here ... not that much snow yet, but it's been really cold. Miss Zoom

likes it to a point and then looks at me with the .....Why are we out here freezing

look?

Ms. Zoom seems to be doing ok ....no major problems and she's been eating

regularly pretty much so am happy about that. Have found I guess a diet she &

vet likes and last checkup her levels were good so am just not "messing when it's

not broke"!

That's really all for now ......hugs to you all, especially Zoom's sponsors .....hope

life is being kind and good, and Zoom & I send positive thoughts to you all!

:hugs:

Susan & Zoom

PS - my friend who had to put her dog down over holidays - has found another

Westie pup. Is picking him up in a few weeks from breeders! Am so happy

for her!

Hi Everyone -- nothing much new here, but I was able to get on computer

so thought I'd check in this morning!

Zoom seems to be doing well - eating well and being her mischievious self!

After what I went through with her last year, I love coming home to her

toys all over the house ....and especially her greeting me at the door with

her carrying one in her mouth!

Both of us are not crazy about this cold weather, but no complaining ...we haven't

had much snow and we had 50/60's in January! I prefer this to hot, humid days

in the summer...but I'd love to have the 50/60's back!

Hope you are all well ....thank you IMOM and Zoom's sponsors for helping me

with Zoom's supplies and needs. Bless you all!

Hugs to all you .... until next time,

Susan & Zoom

hi Susan and Zoom! so glad to hear that Miss Zoom is doing okay.. they sure are cute when they show up with toys in their mouths... though I am always glad that Mugs is an indoor kitty, so it is always toys in his mouth :) Mugs says hello from one "zoomer" to another!!

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!! Hope you all are having a special

day and have someone or something in your life to hug today and have hug you

back. I know I'm enjoying my Zoom hugs! I realized today is a year ago I almost lost Zoom to Diabetes after which vet #l mistreated her. My goodness ...

most of '06 for Zoom & I was a "blur"! I look at her today and am so grateful she is still here with me and this Valentine's Day she's having one of her favorites for dinner and a new great big red soft squeaky toy for her to celebrate with!

She's still having problems with accidents though ...not all over the place ...just when she needs to go, it's right away. I leave piddle pads for her in my kitchen and sometimes she doesn't make it. So Vet wants to recheck her again and also

I'm afraid we're still not out of the woods with her bacterial infection on her skin(I had been told this could be difficult to get rid of!) ..

Noticed some flaking ...wasn't sure, as I've let her hair grow really long now with cold weather, but under her chin after I washed last week there's this whole section that looked inflamed and she didn't want me touching it. At first, I thought it was maybe leftover dogfood that I missed on her chin after dinner time; but after I washed her ...it was like glue and she didn't want me pulling at it, & since I wasn't sure if I should be since underneath it looked really red ...that's when I called the vet. Am waiting to get approval for

appt. from committee so I can bring her in to be rechecked again. Her estimate is for $300-$350 and I don't know if that includes medicines costs ...I know I told them to consider that and include it, but I believe he has to exam her again first.

Anyway, that's what's been going on. And today, we're really getting walloped with the snow and cold so am keeping my fingers crossed for the ride home .....

am glad I was able to get on computer though!

Well, again, thanks IMOM and sponsors, angels and caring hearts out there ......

can't tell you how much I appreciate you caring about Zoom. She sends you all

great big Zoom Hugs for Valentine's Day!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Until next time,

BIG HUGS & LOVE,

Susan & Zoom

Zoom's account at present only has $275 and I believe that Zoom's sponsorships were halted because she had money not being used in her account ....I guess

I'll ask Renee my advisor where we go from here.

Hi Susan, catching up on Zoom and sure hope that things are okay for your sweet puppy...her Valentine's Day sounds just about perfect with her favorite dinner and her favorite toy and her most favorite person in the world :)

Hi all!! This will be quick as I've had a heck of a time getting time on my "free

computer" I use to post to IMOM. They've been breaking down and problems with

people taking parts leaving them inoperable. This is my third try this week and I

literally sat and waited for two hours for person before me to be finished so I could post! (He wasn't thrilled about that...but I knew I'd never get computer time if I left. I hope in '07 I am able to get a computer I can use from home....had a few almosts...hand-me-downs...but never came about. I've also been having difficulty with walking and wasn't sure if I could make it back again tonite.

Zoom has gotten her approval on estimate to be rechecked at Vets....I plan to

bring her in next week and will let you all know how it goes. Thank you Zoom

sponsors!!!! :thanks3:

Thanks Kay ...as always ....for your gracious message ....I love hearing from you

all!

Sooo, until next time -

Susan & Zoom

This will be a real quick post. Nothing new on Zoom ....we had to reschedule

her vet appt. for today as I've been really sick ......bad back problems and have

difficulty walking at this point.

My doctor's appt. cancelled out Zoom's today, but have her rescheduled for next

Thursday at vets and hopefully will be able to make it. My back is so bad I cannot walk without help of 2 canes right now.....and believe me this is an improvement from last weekend.

So keep Zoom & I in your prayers and will let you know how she doing .....almost

didn't make it to computer today!

My best to all of you and furry ones!

Susan & Zoom

Was able to get some computer time tonight (I can hardly wait till I have my own

someday!) and just wanted to say hi from Zoom & I.

Zoom goes to vets this Thursday....if I can still "hobble"....so I'll be glad to have

her rechecked again.

My back is still not great ...thank goodness I have an office chair with wheels at home....it's been a lifesaver. That and two canes I still have used previously ....all's being put to good use. And my precious Zoom is being wonderful throughout this ....how she adjusts.....she teaches me so much about life!

Anyway, keep us in your prayers and will let you know what happens. Hope all's good with you all and your cherished furry ones!

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan, glad to hear that you are doing a bit better - and I agree with you, thank goodness for chairs with wheels...our furry ones do teach us so much, and they do such a good job of adjusting to life, much better than I do, that is for sure. Will be thinking of Zoom on Thursday and hoping that the vet visit goes okay....

:heart::heart::heart:

Hi all - just checking in to let you know what's going on.

Zoom & I made it to the Vets last Thursday for her recheck. She's still having problems with the bacterial infection......she's back on antibiotics in her eyes and

also taking them orally once a day. He didn't think she needed the medicated shampoo again....but will be on antibiotics orally for the next four weeks. I don't

believe how quickly this thing can spread .....she doesn't have it in her ears like last time .... although it's on the outside of her ears. She's just never really kicked this thing completely since she was hospitalized and I hope this time they

keep her on antibiotics for a round longer ....most of what I've read up on this ...is

that the pet needs to be treated at least 6 weeks or longer. I can see the difference in her eyes within a day after I start treating with the antibiotics ...they look so much clearer. Also, gave me drops for her left eye which is too dry ....& they help her produce more tears.

He didn't raise her insulin ....took blood work which I don't have results of yet - one of which was to test her cortisol level for Cushings .....we are back to that again.... I don't think she has it .....but she's put on 2lbs since last summer & is

looking pouchy because of it ....but she was sooooo thin after not eating for so long.

He also wants me to do a bg curve on her at home .......am hoping I can do it

this weekend. I have things scheduled all week and am playing catch-up since I

had to cancel things because I've been unable to get around. (Am much better in

that dept. but still need "my little wheels" to get to "my big wheels" and 2 canes to

walk a limited distance. But this is an improvement! So am thinking positive and

will just take a bit more time to heal and am hoping my tests don't come back with

anything "new"!!)

So that's about it for Zoom & I. Zoom's really being such a good pooch .....she was so good at the Vets ..... and he did not have to sedate her as he thought. Of

course, when she's at home....she knows exactly what she can get away with ...with me.....she's really so sick of being poked, prodded, pills, needles....but

God bless her...she comes over and sits on my lap when I call her for her medicine. She also has been aware of my hobbling around (more than usual!) and somehow animals just know when something's wrong. She truly is a blessing in my life. And so is IMOM and her sponsors......thank you so much for helping me

get her back to the Vets .......I couldn't be doing this without you all there!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Well that's about all for now ....hope you and your furry ones are doing ok.

Till next time,

GREAT BIG HUGS!

Susan & Zoom

Oh Susan, that is such a nice post. I really do hope things get better for both you and Zoom soon!

IPB Image

May Your Day Be Filled With Luck and Blessings!! Thankfully we have angels!!

:heart:

Martha Jane, Baila, and Crew

Hi Susan, gosh I hope ur back is improving everyday. Back pain can just stop u in ur tracks!!

I too hope Zoom's vet has him do a longer course of antibiotics--it can be hard getting rid of bacterial infections.

Zoom is such a brave pupper coming to u for meds, even though she has gone thru so much. What a trooper!!!!

Give her a hug!

Hi all! Thank you all for your posts this week ....Martha Jane, etc. that was such

a beautiful reply for St. Pat's ...wish I knew how to do that on a computer! Maybe

when I finally get one of my own! And thanks, Cindy, etc. .....agree with you on

the antibiotics for Zoom. I think that was the problem from the beginning of her bacterial infection ....she was not treated long enough and then I had to switch vets. Everything I've read about pyoderma ....it can be very difficult to get rid of.

It really upsets me as she didn't have this till her last round in hospital and now it's just a pain to kick.

Antibiotics seem to help her eyes but he only has me giving that for a week and we're through .... although they look better, she's still scratching at them. Am still

putting "tear meds" in her left eye only 2x a day for a month, and then lx a day

indefinitely.

I still think she's drinking too much water and we had 2 minor episodes of throwing up.....which brings back terrifying memories to me, but thank goodness

after meds she was ok. And back to eating......which brought another fun thing

this week.....she's been on at least 3 of those dog foods that have been recalled!!

I called vet today asking what was safe for her to eat as I couldn't believe the number of foods....good brands ....that were on that list. Left message as I also

wanted to get results of bloodwork from visit (I wasn't able to bg this week...plan

this weekend)....but I would think if something was wrong they would have called.

Consider it a blessing that the bloodwork was done while she was on "recalled"

foods..... . The angels are watching over Zoom! Will let you know results when

I get them...... otherwise, Zoom continues to "growl" a med-time & fuss ....but still

sits in my lap - on a pillow of course - and lets me get things done. Then sits there waiting for her "earned" hugs & kisses .&...tummy rubs!!!!

My back is better .....still can't walk unassisted but did not have to roll out in my

office chair to the car tonite to get here, but am still using the canes. But....as to

where this was - even a week ago - I'm like roadrunner!!!! Just keep Zoom & I in your prayers!

Well, that's about all for now ....again, thank you sponsors and IMOM & angels for

caring about Zoom. You are in my heart with wishes of good thoughts ...always!

Until next time,

Susan & Zoom

:minichien2::rose:

Hello people out there in imom & internet land! How are you all doing? Zoom & I

are hanging in there.

My chat with Zoom's vet for followup now has her back on additional antiobiotics

for her eyes and another antibiotic for her ear which started to get infected again

on the inside as both had been before. He agreed this time we'll leave her on these for longer and see how it goes. What I didn't think of when I talked with him is why this infection "increased" even though she's also on oral antibiotics this time again for bacterial infection ....I would have thought this would have prevented this. Her skin is looking better ...eyes too, as long as she's on original

antibiotics again....hopefully this longer treatment will help. His explanation was

this happens because of the diabetes which makes them more open to these types

of infections. ??? I recently noticed an improvement in her urinary "urgency"

problem and I don't know whether that's because of oral antibiotics (she was to have been tested for urinary tract infection but found out wasn't) or is because of

1/2 unit increase in insulin is kicking in. Am almost afraid to say an improvement

as when I do, something else always happens to this poor thing. But lets think

positive!!! :unsure:

Anyway, that's all that's "new" ....oh, yes, I've graduated to using one cane with

walking ....but grateful I'm improving.....just wish it was faster!

Thank you all for being there for Zoom & I ....Imom, sponsors, and all angels and

caring hearts out there .....please know I am so grateful for all the help.

:thanks3:

Soooo, until next time....always in my prayers - always in my heart,

Susan & Zoom

Hi everbody! Hope all's well with all of you & furry ones!

Zoom 's bacterial infection doesn't seem to be responding to her antibiotic this

time. Bathed her yesterday and as soon as I dried her and combed her out ...she

looked like she has a bad case of dandruff.....which is what she looked like several weeks ago. Strange, because it looked better until I bathed her ....unless

bathing her I loosens everything...... if it were permanently warmer out I'd trim her coat down, but we just had snow last week and although there has been some mild days, it still gets quite cold at night ...and today is pretty nippy! So I have to call vet, also now her other ear is looking pink... I don't understand....but will keep you posted.

Not much else new here ....trying to catch up on things from last month or so when had to cancel everything ...plus getting ready for Easter this Sunday. I love

smelling the hyacinth!

So until next time.....everyone have a HAPPY EASTER ....HAPPY SPRING!

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan, doing some catch up -- and am very sorry to hear how bad your back problems have been and poor Zoom's eyes and ears -- I sure hope the increased antibiotic dosage helps - shall be keeping fingers, toes, eyes, paws, and anything else we can think of crossed that things clear up for your sweet girl.

Glad about the timing of the bloodwork, though -- this food recall has been so frightening. So far my cats' food has not been on the list, but it seems new things get added every other day. I did take anything with wheat gluten out of the pantry, though -- just in case.

I am anxiously awaiting the blooming of my lilac bush - it's one of my favorite times of the year. We've been having some very nice days, and it's so nice to open the windows and let some fresh air in.

I hope you have a very happy Easter!

Edited by Kay

Thanks Kay for your kind post ....... things here have been one big game of catch-up since my back went out ...actually I think it left the country.... I've had chronic problems with it since injuring it in my late 20's and then sustaining another injury in early 90's ....it just can be unpredictable, as careful as I am.

Anyway, I'm down to using only one cane but still in alot of pain and was supposed

to do volunteer work for Easter Sunday driving Senior Citizens to a luncheon but

had to cancel which I hated but I think I made the right decision ....Zoom & I shared a relaxing day at home & I made her & I a special dinner and kept icepacks on my back most of the day!

I know the thing with the pet food recall is really scary....think I'll take your tip of

eliminating the wheat gluten too. I know Zoom would love it to just eat human food..... but I hope they don't recall anymore because each time I kind of hold my breath.....I'm sure it's the same for everyone.

Zoom's finished her oral antibiotics for bacterial infection ...... and I really can't notice any difference in her skin .....it is really pronounced after I wash her. She looks like she has a bad case of dandruff! Her eyes I'm still using the meds on...but she still scratches at them...which I thought the meds were suppose to eliminate that, but they look better! I think once the weather gets warmer and I

can trim down her coat this will be easier to manage......which hopefully the warm

weather will be here soon enough.

Also, received Zoom's insulin & syringes recently so thank you sponsors & IMOM

for your help with that .... Angels :Angel15::Angel15: thank you so much for

the helping hand! I couldn't be doing this for Zoom without your help! :thanks3:

Well, I hope you all had a Happy Passover and Happy Easter and will keep you

posted as to how Zoom's doing. Until next time,

Susan & Zoom

Sounds like your Easter was very nice -- and I'm sure Zoom was happy to have you with her. I think you made the right decision about not volunteering. You and Zoom both deserve some rest. I sure hope that her infection clears up soon - it sure has wanted to persist no matter what you do. hoping that the warmer weather helps...

I don't believe I just "lost" a nice long post for you all .... it's so frustrating!!!

Zoom & I are doing ok I guess. Thanks Kay for your post! Yes, as my back started going "in reverse" as I made Easter dinner ....it confirmed I was not up to

volunteering quite yet. I do enjoy doing that as I have no family, so holidays I like to do what I can to celebrate the day! Zoom of course gives me "poodle guilt"

as I leave ...although sometimes I can take her with me. She's especially great

with seniors....I've brought her to nursing homes to visit friends and staff have

asked me to bring her back. She loves the attention, and it's amazing

how she will gravitate to former pet owners in need of a hug & doggie smooch!!

Zoom Hugs given freely all over the place!

So Zoom & I had a nice, but quiet day ...and she enjoyed her "doggie Easter basket" with her baby Easter Rabbit toy....I really wish I had a digital camera so I could send you all some pictures of her.

Anyway, that's about all for now....hoping next week it will still not be raining here

in the Northeast... hope all of you and furry ones are doing well. Until next time -

Susan & Zoom

PS - special thoughts and prayers to those having anything to do with the sadness

that recently happened in Virgina. I got Zoom in Virginia ...beautiful place

and great people .... a special place in my heart for you!

Oh, I didn't know Miss Zoom was from Virginia...we've been here since '89. I bet she was adorable with her basket and her rabbit toy. I hope you guys are getting better weather and that you are getting some relief from your back.

:spot

Hi all! Well this will be a brief post ....this is the 3rd computer I've been on ...first

two broke ....this one 's not doing so great.

Zoom & I are doing okay....am still concerned about bacterial infection ....she doesn't seem to be able to shake it completely. Noticed today around her mouth is

starting again.....seems like once she's off antibiotics it returns. Poor thing, it's been one thing after another ....but her temperment is wonderful, although she has had it with my "inspections, medicine,. etc!" ......it's all followed up with lots of hugs & kisses which I know she expects....and would get irregardless!

Yes, Kay, my Zoom is from Virginia. I actually fell in love with the place when I

went to pick her up ... it was a small town on the border of Virginia & Tenn. ...what a beautiful place....could not believe the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mts....only spent a few days there unfortunatly and wanted to go back....In fact,

I did try for awhile to get a place to live there but it didn't work out....so guess it's

not meant to be. But I still have my "wild child country dog" that's brought me much happiness.

My back's better too....still delicate, but compared to where I was the last two

months ....I count my blessings. Am looking for another medical opinion at this point......this lady will not give up!

Well I hope all of you and furry family members are doing well ...you're all in my

thoughts.....and again, thank you Zoom's sponsors.....I "tell Zoom about you all"

all the time! So until next time,

BIG HUGS,

Susan & Zoom

Susan, I don't know if you remember me or not but I have posted to Zoom's thread before.

I want to let you know that I read your posts and wish I had more to "talk" with you and Zoom. I apologize for that but I want to let you know that I think you're a TERRIFIC Mom. Your love for Zoom shows through and through.

I will try to do alittle better posting because I know it means alot...Keep up the good working caring for your little buddy...Judy

I'm glad to read that your back if better...there's not alot worse than a sore back

Hi all, how are you doing? Thanks Judy for your great and kind post .... it touched my heart! I often wonder if people are actually reading them as I only get

a few regular replys ... which Zoom & I cherish. I'm so glad you are able to get a

"sense" of Zoom & I ....I try to share what I can .....and yes, I absolutely adore

Zoom! She's "my baby" ....and she "knows" it and can be quite a litttle character.

I'm so grateful to have her in my life and that she's survived this last year with her health problems and is still handling them with grace. I don't know if my attitude would be as good as hers after all she's been through this last year and is

still being poked and prodded. She certainly does not like "medicine time" ....she

sees the syringes and starts fussing, yet she'll come and sit in my lap, on her pillow of course, after she finishes eating and she knows what's coming next as

she sees the syringe. I hate doing it everytime, but realize she could always run and hide ...(which she does when it's grooming time!) so I'm lucky she must realize these shots & medicine are making her feel better!

So thanks for posting Judy; I know I never know what I'm going to say until I sit

down at the keyboard. And I often feel I don't have much to share as I don't have family or children and am now longer working due to health problems (which even though it's been years now, I worked since my teens...I don't think I'll ever get used to it!) My back is better....it's a chronic thing from injuries to it ...am always in pain from it, but this last bout was really frightening. Again, it makes one grateful for what you had before, even though that was hobbling around!

Anyway, Zoom seems to be doing okay ....still having problems with bacterial infection ...she does not like me fussing & inspecting things at this point. But she's been eating well, hasn't thrown up in awhile, so am keeping my fingers crossed we

have a calm summer!

That's about all for now, thank you all out there for caring about Zoom ...especially her sponsors & IMOM staff :heart::heart::heart: .... I really

couldn't be doing this without your kind hearts!

Until next time,

Susan & Zoom

Hi everyone ..... I can't believe it happened to me again.....after typing for 45 minutes I lost my post as I was about to send it! I hate when that happens!

Hope you all and furry family members are okay. Zoom is doing ok.....we've had

summer-like weather the last few days (today 87!) & humid but it's supposed to be more comfortable this weekend. Zoom & I do not care for the hot & humid

weather ...... Zoom's so funny, when we go out she'll start panting and give me a

look ...of ok, let's go back to the fan!

As soon as the milder weather is here a little longer I will trim her coat down for

summer....which I hope will help clear up her bacterial infection!

Nothing much else new, my back's better but not great ..... am grateful to be out

of my rolling chair!

So until next time, hope life's being good to you.

Susan & Zoom

Hi, Susan!

I haven't posted on Zoom's thread before, but I fell in love with her the first time I read your description of how she got her name...so I peek in frequently to see how she's doing. And I've been thinking about this bacterial infection in her skin. (Being a nurse, I'm always trying to figure out medical things...) Has the vet done a "C&S" (Culture and Sensitivity) to see just what bacteria she's got, and what antibiotics it would respond to? Seems like she's been on a lot of meds, with rather poor results. That sounds to me like she's not getting the right antibiotics. I would think (though I'm a human nurse, not a veterinary one!) that they ought to be able to do a skin scraping and run a culture to determine what would work best. Granted, the C&S would be an added expense - but it might be cheaper in the long run, than to keep trying one antibiotic after another...? And the biggest benefit, of course, would be to get her over this infection once and for all! Poor little thing must be uncofortable with the infection going on for so long. You might also want to ask about giving her some probiotics (yogurt is a good, cheap source, as long as it's got active cultures) in case she's got some yeastie beasties growing as a result of so many antibiotics. My guys always get yogurt when they get antibiotics, and they love it - but of course, with Zoom being diabetic, you don't want to go changing things in her diet without the vet's blessing...

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to let you know that Zoom has another fan out here, even though I've only been a lurker on her thread so far. I love reading your updates about her - your love for her is truly heartwarming. Thank you for taking such good care of her!

All the best,

Roberta and the NJ pack :collie: (Wish we had an emoticon for a tricolor collie! Guess this will have to do; it's as close as I can find to Chance saying Hi to Zoom...)