Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jacki IMOM

Zoom Manly

981 posts in this topic

This topic was moved from our old forum on 7/15/06

**Begin copy and paste**

Zoom Manly, a 6 1/2 year old poodle, is IMOM's latest diabetic dog in need.

Unfortunatley, while we have been processing Zoom's sponsor application, Zoom has had to be hospitalized with complications from her recent diabetes diagnosis.

Zoom's caretaker, Susan, is on a fixed income and is unable to afford the expense of Zoom's hospitalization and ongoing treatment expenses. The DPF has already pledged $300 towards the current estimate of $519 and $978 and we're hoping IMOM's generous angels can help Zoom and Susan with this crisis.

For more information on Zoom, please visit her PIN page at: www.imom.org/pin/dpf/zoom-manly.htm

(Donations for this Pet in Need should be designated: "DPF – Zoom Manly" to ensure your money goes to the proper account.)

Please help Susan and Zoom if you can!

Renee H.

IMOM Diabetic Pet Fund

**End copy and paste**

To read the rest of the posts on the old forum click here

This topic was moved from our old forum on 7/15/06

**Begin copy and paste**

Zoom Manly, a 6 1/2 year old poodle, is IMOM's latest diabetic dog in need.

Unfortunatley, while we have been processing Zoom's sponsor application, Zoom has had to be hospitalized with complications from her recent diabetes diagnosis.

Zoom's caretaker, Susan, is on a fixed income and is unable to afford the expense of Zoom's hospitalization and ongoing treatment expenses. The DPF has already pledged $300 towards the current estimate of $519 and $978 and we're hoping IMOM's generous angels can help Zoom and Susan with this crisis.

For more information on Zoom, please visit her PIN page at: www.imom.org/pin/dpf/zoom-manly.htm

(Donations for this Pet in Need should be designated: "DPF – Zoom Manly" to ensure your money goes to the proper account.)

Please help Susan and Zoom if you can!

Renee H.

IMOM Diabetic Pet Fund

**End copy and paste**

To read the rest of the posts on the old forum click here

:pp_animal_103:

Hi everyone - hope this post "works" - I am terrible with computers so here goes.

Have been under the weather myself lately, but "Zoom" is coming along. Her bacterial infection is getting better but is still there; same with eyes, but it seems to have cleared up in her ear although she scratches at it now & then. She still taking her antibiotics and medicated baths. ....and does her " pretend growl" & fusses when she sees any meds now, but as soon as it's over I start praising her & hugging & kissing her, she relaxes.

In fact, she recently started a new thing with this; when she doing her fussing and pretend growl - after I give her the meds - she starts " this routine" when I stop hugging and kissing her. I started laughing first time she did this so I continued to hug and kiss her ...Zoom stoppped her"growling"....as soon as I stopped kissing & hugging her...she started again. She forgot the original reason she was doing this, but realized it works for extra hugs & kissses! I literally sat there stopping & starting with this and she'd go on with this "routine" as long I'd keep it up ...or usually until I just can't stop laughing. She really a character!

She's scheduled to go in next week for a bg curve - and vet will also check her bacterial infection while there. I don't understand what "more" they learn from doing this in hospital when it's what I've done for her at home - but they wanted to do it. I know Zoom's not going to be thrilled. Went there tonight to pick up her meds and Zoom now recognizes the roads from a mile away & started squealing. ..

again, I couldn't believe it; but there are alot of open fields & pastures & farmland before the school, and several times I've stopped with her at the fields (owned by

Tufts & you're allowed to have dogs there) and let her have her exercise (& me too!) and she just loved it. I couldn't believe tonight when she started getting all excited when she saw them, but unfortunately due to lightning storms we were having couldn't stop. She did not understand this at all! :pp_animal_151:

Anyway, that's about all for now - will let you know what the vet says next week.

I hope this will help regulating her. Thank you sponsors, donors, and imom staff for being there for Zoom...I soooooo appreciate all of you!

Until next time,

:hugs:

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan, glad to hear that Zoom's infections are finally starting to clear up, even if it is slowly. I hope the curve goes okay next week -- keep us posted! Isn't she a clever puppy - figuring out "growls" for hugs! Sending hugs to your special girl!

:wbd3::hugs::hugs::spot

Hi all! Just to let you know Zoom did not go in for her bg curve & recheck for her

bacterial infection. For some reason there seems to be problems with Imom receiving fax from this vet for estimate for visit...I'm not sure what the problem is, but hopefully will straighten out soon. Am glad it wasn't something urgent and I'm hope we find out where the confusion is.

But in the meantime, Zoom's still doing her "routine" ....has been a little fussy eating a few times and resorted to hand feeding but all went well. Otherwise, her

toys ...or "her babies" are spread throughout the house......it's so good to see that again!!!! She just loves to cuddle with them and whenever she's given a new one takes it with her everywhere until it wears off a little....even out with me to get the

mail, out for her walk to piddle, ...she just loves her babies!! When she was in the hospital I'd bring some "to visit" with her but couldn't leave them because they'd be lost. Did bring her a few disposable ones with my scent ... to help her.

Well, I hope you all are doing well with your "babies" and life is being good to you.

Sponsors, donors, and IMOM staff you are permanently in my prayers. :heart:

Until next time,

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan,

I'm glad that Zoom is doing her usual routine and is playing with her babies again. That sounds so cute - how she'll take a new one with her, even out to piddle

:):walkdog:

I hope Zoom's next visit goes well.

Tracy :heart::pp_animal_568:

:wbd3:

Hi Susan,

I'm glad that Zoom is doing her usual routine and is playing with her babies again. That sounds so cute - how she'll take a new one with her, even out to piddle

:):walkdog:

I hope Zoom's next visit goes well.

Tracy :heart::pp_animal_568:

:pp_animal_103: quote name='zoom mom' date='Aug 4 2006, 07:50 PM' post='4378']

Hi everyone. Again, I hope I'm doing this posting correctly! Thanks Kay and Tracy for your kind posts for Zoom ...it's so nice to have feedback.

Well, Zoom's appt. for bg curve & recheck on her infection had to be cancelled as there was a mix-up with IMOM receiving estimate from Tufts. It's been back and forth the last two weeks and Zoom was going to see another vet at Tufts for future treatment but now they are not going to be there for 6 weeks. So I won't know what the situation is until next week. After Zoom is regulated (which I feel she is close to that now, but I am new to all this), and when her bacterial infection is completely healed, am trying to find a vet in my area for routine followup care that will also include emergency care if necessary. I couldn't find anyone who did that back during the winter when Zoom was so ill ....but will start a new search again.

How difficult has it been for others to get vets to accept working with IMOM & 3rd

party billing?. I know Tufts is still not thrilled with it...any feedback?

Zoom seems to be doing well - her skin is still having problems but she's been taking her antibiotics still, but her appetite has been good and her "babies" are still all over the place so that's a good sign...it's like having a toddler that never grows up isn't it? I love it!

Found it difficult to get computer time this week - I guess with the heat more people were seeking the indoors for airconditioning ...with heat index, it hit l05 here. Took three days/trys to get computer time finally tonite.

Anyway, that's really about all for now - will let you know update on Zoom's recheck/&bg. Thanks sponsors, donors, and all caring hearts out there ...please know it's much appreciated by Zoom and her grateful "mother"!

Lots of Hugs,

Susan & Zoom

:pp_animal_103: quote name='zoom mom' date='Aug 4 2006, 07:50 PM' post='4378']

Hi everyone. Again, I hope I'm doing this posting correctly! Thanks Kay and Tracy for your kind posts for Zoom ...it's so nice to have feedback.

Well, Zoom's appt. for bg curve & recheck on her infection had to be cancelled as there was a mix-up with IMOM receiving estimate from Tufts. It's been back and forth the last two weeks and Zoom was going to see another vet at Tufts for future treatment but now they are not going to be there for 6 weeks. So I won't know what the situation is until next week. After Zoom is regulated (which I feel she is close to that now, but I am new to all this), and when her bacterial infection is completely healed, am trying to find a vet in my area for routine followup care that will also include emergency care if necessary. I couldn't find anyone who did that back during the winter when Zoom was so ill ....but will start a new search again.

How difficult has it been for others to get vets to accept working with IMOM & 3rd

party billing?. I know Tufts is still not thrilled with it...any feedback?

Zoom seems to be doing well - her skin is still having problems but she's been taking her antibiotics still, but her appetite has been good and her "babies" are still all over the place so that's a good sign...it's like having a toddler that never grows up isn't it? I love it!

Found it difficult to get computer time this week - I guess with the heat more people were seeking the indoors for airconditioning ...with heat index, it hit l05 here. Took three days/trys to get computer time finally tonite.

Anyway, that's really about all for now - will let you know update on Zoom's recheck/&bg. Thanks sponsors, donors, and all caring hearts out there ...please know it's much appreciated by Zoom and her grateful "mother"!

Lots of Hugs,

Susan & Zoom

:pp_animal_103

Hi all! Just a quick note to say hello! Zoom is doing ok - waiting to get estimate/

approval for Zoom's next visit. I hope we get it straightened out soon as I really want her bacterial infection rechecked. Vet she was to see - who put in estimate is in different department for 6 weeks so I hope we can resolve things.

Zoom's been eating well and continues to "growl" when it's time for her shots - and still "works it" for more hugs & kisses! Like I need any encouragement to do so ...she's such a love! Anyway, thank you sponsors and will let you know how things go.

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan,

Just checking in on you and Zoom. Hoping that the estimate / approval stuff has all been worked out and that her bacterial infection is clearing up. The stories of her with her toys are darling. She sounds like quite the character.

Thank You IMOM and Angels for helping Zoom!

Martha Jane and Baila

Edited by Baila

:wbd3::hugs::beagle:

Hi all! Thank you Martha Jane & Baila for your posts. Glad people are enjoying the stories of Zoom. Yes, she is quite a character and it's so good to see her acting her mischievious self again!

We have not had any luck with getting approval for vet visit yet - vet faxed three estimates - IMOM wasn't receiving them and last I heard did get last 2, but last one vet itemized procedures and put total amount, but did not itemize cost for each procedure, so I am trying to get a 4th fax from the vet; unfortunately she is in a different dept. for next 6 weeks and I'm not sure if she will do this again - otherwise - I have to start all over with a new doctor explaining imom to them and Tufts is not too thrilled with 3rd party billing as it is. I would at least like to finish treatment with having Zoom regulated with them and have them complete treatment for bacterial infection. Then if I have to, go to another vet for regular checkups. Problem is where I live there aren't any vets that do emergency care that are regular vets ...so if Zoom gets sick again ...they'd refer me back to Tufts for treatment. At least there aren't any I know of and I looked when Zoom was so ill.

Anyway, Zoom seems to be doing ok .... the bacterial infection is clearing up but is still there and she still scratches at her eyes and ears occasionally - not like she was. I think she should be rechecked before anything else again at this point.

But she's eating, altho still has her finicky moments and will eat if hand fed ....and she's still "growling" at syringe and other meds ....but does come to sit in my lap for me to give them to her, so go figure.... she "knows" they are helping! And she can still manage to instill "guilt" with her little poodle eyes when she can't go with me somewhere.....but I'm so grateful to still have her. And she really makes me laugh alot. So thank you all for caring so much about Zoom, Thank YOU sponsors, donors, imom crew, and all caring hearts - Zoom and I bless you everyday for helping her. I wish her pictures were up on her page ...sent them in months ago while fundraising, but I know imom has their hands full so I'm sure you'll see them soon enough. I just want you to see "my baby" especially after all the kindness!

That's it for now - so until next time,

:hugs::hugs:

Susan & Zoom

I can't believe I lost my post to you all just now that I spent almost an hour writing, ....I hate when that happens ..I was proofing it and it just "disappeared" !

So here goes again! Zoom seems to be doing great. She still has her bacterial infection but it has cleared up alot and she continues to take meds for that.

She's not too thrilled at medicine time and now "growls" at both the syringe and the eyedropper filled with antibiotics, but will come and sit in my lap while I give them to her. I think she realizes even though she puts up a fuss ....she is rewarded with extra hugs & kisses, and alot of praise afterwards. ... and THAT,

SHE LOVES! And if I throw in some tummy-rubs too, she forgets ...at least until next time!

Glad you all enjoyed the tales of "her babies"/toys - she's really quite something with them. Neighbors of mine get a kick out of her too: I was going out get my mail and neighbors were moving from another floor to mine - where the mailboxes are - and Zoom had gotten a new toy and as usual would not leave the house without it. Neighbors stopped to chat and when they were going saw the toy on the floor and thought it was their daughter's and it had fallen out of one of the boxes. (Zoom put it down because of course she had to also greet the neighbors!) I laughed and said no it's the dog's "baby" - and I told them what she does. They just laughed and the women said:"my goodness, it's just like a little child - my daughter does the same thing!"

Anyway, Zoom's vet should be back after Labor Day I think, so I'm hoping to get her rechecked now in September. (I can't believe that is this week already!) Again, I thank all of Zoom's sponsors for making that possible and hope all of you,

and donors, and imom staff, and those following Zoom's progress know how much

I appreciate your help and caring hearts! :heart::heart::heart:

Until next time,

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan,

Rats, about losing the post. I'm glad Zoom is doing so well. She is so funny with her babies :)

I hope she keeps doing well and that her infection goes away completely.

Tracy :heart:

Thanks Tracy for your post - Zoom seems to be doing ok. I look forward to getting her rechecked this month as still have concerns on bacterial infection and am now out of meds for it so really needs to be looked at . Hope to speak with vet

re: resubmitting request for appt. again as I believe she returns this month.

Otherwise, I pray it doesn't start spreading again without meds. Zoom is eating ok altho a little fussy and today has had "the runs" a few times - from what ??? --

hopefully this will be gone by tomorrow.

Nothing really much new - look forward to a nice weekend - have a great Labor Day Weekend everyone. Sponsors, donors, and imom staff and all concerned for Zoom - thanks for being there!

Susan & Zoom

Hi All! Hope all is okay with everyone - Zoom is doing ok. Her appetite has been

really good lately - although she still has her fussy moments where I've had to

hand feed her, but so far so good. I got her recent supplies of syringes & insulin -

I was getting worried as I was almost completely out of syringes. Thank you

angels at IMOM for the helping hand.

Zoom still "growls" at the site of the syringe now - but at the same time will hop

into my lap where I've placed a pillow, and "her highness" sits there "protesting"

her medicine. It's so funny - and "she knows" it's helping her - otherwise she hide

under the bed (her "hideout") in times of stress & naughtiness ...like when the

vacum cleaner comes out! Anyway, thank you sponsors, imom, and donors for

help with her needs.

Today, 9/ll ... kind of a peculiar day, my heart and prayers go out to anyone who

had a loss on that day.

Another, thing I wanted to thank Cindi/Jennysmom for thinking of Zoom when she

left imom. I couldn't post to your old site once you resigned from imom and really

am sorry you had a misunderstanding. Didn't know where else to contact you ...

miss your posts and news of Jenny ....I hope it's okay I do this, for I wanted to

thank you for your kind heart and still thinking of Zoom when you were so upset.

I keep you all in my prayers ....godspeed.

That's about all for now - hope everyone is ok and four-legged family members

are okay too. Till next time,

Susan & Zoom

Hi all!

Just a quick note to let you know Zoom is doing well - her bacterial infection seems

to be clearing up well but am concerned as she still scratches at her ears and eyes.

Well I hope this will be sorted out soon at the vets.

Otherwise, Zoom's been eating well - ocasional fussiness - but eating and I think

enjoying the cooler weather. I even put a light t-shirt on her the other night it was

so cool out - just in case, but I love the Autumn - my favorite season!

Anyway, hope all your furry ones and other loved ones are doing well and that all

the imom angels, Zoom's sponsors, donors, and caring hearts are well also. You

are in my good thoughts always! :heart::heart::heart:

Until next time,

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan, I just wanted to come by and check on Zoom -- so glad the infection is better and that she is generally eating okay. I hope the cooler weather might help. Hugs to Zoom!!!

:spot

Hi all - hope everyone is okay. Things here with Zoom are going pretty well -

her appetite remains good, still fussy moments when resorting to hand feeding is

is necessary - but I think she does that sometimes for attention! She knows which

buttons to push with me. I was helping out with a special project at Church last

Sunday - and she wouldn't eat before I left. And of course this was in the am and

I had to give her her shot! So I finally got her to eat hand feeding, and as she

proceeded to eat well, - moved the plate up on to a towel on the couch where she

was sitting next to me, looked at her and said okay (because as long as I was

hand feeding her - she was fine!). WELL, you know what happened ..... she

just looked at me, looked at the plate, looked at me .....and so forth! I swear she

just knew cause I was all dressed by this time, ready to leave, she "knew" I

wouldn't leave her until she ate. I got enough in her for her shot and left her

with her kibble if she got hungry. She certainly knows what to do - uses what

I call her "pathetic poodle eyes" to really get to you! But I love her - pranks

and all! :biggrin:

Zoom's still dealing with her bacterial infection - hope to have her for a recheck

at the vets soon. Thank you Zoom's sponsors and imom people - would not

be possible without you. :aktion033:

Hope all of you are well and furry ones too - Kay thanks for the post - it's nice

to hear from you! Well, until next time -

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan, so sorry to hear that the bacterial infection is still causing problems and that you can get into the vet soon (well, Zoom into the vet, not you :) )

I love the story of Zoom on the couch and the hand-feeding -- now this dog doesn't have her mom wrapped around her little paws now, does she....

(((Hugs))) to you both.

Hi everyone - hope you all are okay and furry ones are doing well too.

Zoom is doing well - enjoying the Indian Summer we're having - warm but

not too hot. Has been getting her running around time at a local town square we

have and it's so funny she's actually getting to recognize the roads to it too (as she used to where we lived before!) and I can't drive by her "favorite places" -

where she can live up to her namesake without her starting to cry in the car and fuss she wants to get out! This summer I'd walk her at this local square which is a small downtown section a few miles from where I live - I'd stop with her usually on the way home from somewhere and let her run around on her stretchy leash

and this summer - on the next street over, the town had free concerts in an old

unused firehouse with local musicians and you could go in and sit down or they had tables set up on the sidewalks and you didn't have to buy anything - in fact -

they permitted you to bring food, sodas, etc. if you wanted while you were there.

Anyway, after walking Zoom in the park, I'd go over to see what was going on

and had Zoom sitting on my lap while "we" sat at a sidewalk table. Zoom just

sat there - like this was normal - person in charge said it was ok, so we enjoyed

a nice walk and a concert on the weekends when I could. Well, summer's over -

now I can't drive near the neighborhood without Zoom thinking we're going out.

I just started to laugh with her in the car as I was driving this week and I realized

she knew where she was and why she was fussing. She did settle for a stop at

the park before we came home.....she'll have to settle for the radio for her "concert" on the way home. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's the latest on Zoom - Tufts didn't answer imom's request for more

complete estimate for Zoom's visit(nor mine);thank goodness this has not become urgent. If this is not cleared up soon, am "vet shopping for Zoom!

Thank you sponsors for being there - bless you all Zoom's angels! Zoom hugs

to you all!!

Until next time,

Susan & Zoom

Just a quick note to say hi to everyone. Hope you all had a great Columbus

Day weekend.

Zoom & I are enjoying the "Indian Summer" weather we're having. Starting to

get a little nippy at nite - I've been putting a light sweater on Zoom at night

for our jaunts out! She loves her outfits!

Nothing much else new for now - hope all of you are ok and furry ones are doing

well!

Till next time,

Susan & Zoom

Hi everyone!

Hope all you and the furry ones are doing ok!

Zoom & I have just been enjoying the last of the mild weather here in the Northeast. Had an event to go to yesterday which was a drive from here and

the leaves and colors were so pretty. I hope to get in another drive soon along

with Zoom before all the trees are bare.

Zoom's doing well! She's been eating and so far no problems. Still not thrilled

when it's time for her meds and growls and fusses when she sees the syringe now.

But still gets in my lap and lets me give her the shot. Am soooooo grateful that's

all the fussing she does - she must realize she feels better afterwards!

Anyway, nothing much new. Thank you angels & imom for being there - hope all

is well.

Susan & Zoom

Hi everyone - how are you all doing? Zoom is doing pretty well. She's been

eating - only some fussing - but thank goodness nothing that's gone on for

too long. :aktion033:

She's having such a good time playing in the leaves now - as they fall off the

trees. She'll just bark and roll around and chase after them - if it's windy.

It's so good to see her play like that - especially after the year she's had -

it's really such a miracle. I've thought of that now with the holiday season

just a few weeks away - I feel so lucky to still have Zoom! Thank you sponsors

and imom angels! :thanks3:

I hope all your furry ones are okay too - good thoughts to you all!

Till next time,

Susan & Zoom

Hi Susan and Zoom,

Sounds like good news!! :banana: I'm glad Zoom is doing so well and enjoying the leaves. I hope she continues to do well, and that her eating issue never goes beyond just a little fussiness. :minichien2:

Tracy :stripekitty: