Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 5

1,005 posts in this topic

:banana:NO SEIZURE ACTIVITY OF ANY KIND DURING THE NIGHT!!! :banana:

Justice is doing great!!! He even looks different--his expression and eyes!

He got up abt 5AM and needed to go outside--but with all the fluids, etc yesterday, I am not surprised.

During the Hospital staff mtg he did a couple yips and went back to sleep, and I knew most likely he needed to go pee. But he never did it again-just slept or would wake awhile and just lick my hand that was on his paw or head much of the time. Niki hoped he just peed in his bed becuz she didn't want to take a chance with his IV infiltrating with his walking (he is a very hard stick). Well after taking all the blankets off him (he had been shivering becuz he was cold with all the fluids and meds), almost 11 hours--I was surprised he was all toasty warm--and no pee in the bed. I took him outside at the hospital as soon as he was unplugged. He peed longer then a GSD, Mal and Rottie would together after drinking lots of water. lol.

So, anyway, it didn't surprise me he woke during the night. Scared me for a second though!!

Tuckie also had a good night!

I think Justice will make it through to 7:30PM and get past the 24 hours.

What I will be most happy abt is if he makes it thru another night--then I will feel he is OK.

Lynette, Paula, Tracy, Diane--ohhh I am so hoping that after 7:30PM, Justice will have jumped back on the train--the icecream IS looking good!!!!

Thanks u guys!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Hi Gail, it's nice to see u again. Well u sure know the rollercoaster rides we go through with our special needs kids!! Yes, u are right--it is ften one day at a time. I am praying those days start growing--for my boys...and Moillie!!! :heart:

Hi Cynthia--no need at all to apologize abt thinking David was my husband!!!

I'm glad u also spoke to the other kids in ICU. I was being a bit silly in some ways with walking up and down the cages, like they were my team and I was giving a pep talk. Certainly kept all eyes on me--but my words were sincere--that's for sure!! I hope u also had good dreams last night!!! :heart:

Thanks again so much for all the support!! Tonight at 7:30pm is important as far as the neurologist goes (since it's 24 hours and will be considered a success)--that's important for me too--but tmw AM--that would really be important to me that he gets there with no seizures!!!!

Thanks so much angels!!!!

I'm so glad you all got thru yesterday, I'm sorry I wasn't here to cheer you on and let you know that I'm worrying too. Got on Monday night and the stupid computer was acting up and rather than throwing the laptop thru the window, or my new tv I figured I'd just shut it off. I'm so sorry I did now.

What a roller coaster ride, I'm so hoping that this will end Justice's cycle and we can get back to long long long ice cream trains.

Hi Deb, we have a frost advisory for tonight!!! They say it may hit between the mid and high 30's!!

I wore a sweatshirt all day today--I LOVE sweatshirt weather!!!

I imagine the furnace will end up coming on sometime during the night here.

Oh the boys (well all 5 puppers) love being near the fireplace. I sometimes worry abt Tuck becuz he gets sooo close, and I pick him up and he is SO HOT!! We have 2 gas fireplaces. One is in the small living room, more like a parlor. It's where we all go when we lose power in the Winter. The fireplace can keep all 4 humans and 5 puppers warm. The other gas fireplace (used to be wood) is in the family room. It may even be on now. LOL. The pups love being near that warmth!!

Is urs gas or wood? How do u keep the kitties away from the fire--just with a screen??

I'm so sorry Tigger was hurt. I hope he doesn't get an abscess. If u can, clean it up a bit. I used peroxide on Tuck's tail when he had puncture wounds. I'm glad u can take him to the vet Monday, with a puncture wound there can be a lot of bacteria, and Tigs may need an antibiotic.

hugs to u and the kids!

I didn't get any frost over the weekend but it was 32 degrees yesterday morning. I am so not ready for this yet. i have a gas fireplace its open but it has a wire frame in front of it.[attachmentid=4778] Are my kids spoiled or what

Here is one with it running. There is a grate in front it throws off so much heat that I haven't had a problem with anyone getting too close. Of course I didn't have Tyson last winter. [attachmentid=4779]

I just see that you posted a seizure free night. Yipeee :banana::banana: I'm so happy. Big hugs to you and both boys Cindy. I hope that means there are more quiet and restful nights and loads of ice cream trains.

post-417-1190214856_thumb.jpg

post-417-1190214950_thumb.jpg

NO SEIZURE ACTIVITY OF ANY KIND DURING THE NIGHT!!!

WooHoo!!! What great news compared to the many GM's that have been occuring every nite!!! Justice will make it to 7:30...I just know it.

Tuckie also had a good night!

:bravo: YAY !!! I am so happy to read this ! What great news! We'll keep Justice in our thoughts all day with 7:30 (and tomm morning) being the new goal!! You can do it Justice !! (And Tuck, stay on the train for your mama - she doesn't need both of you feeling icky at once!)

:wbd3:

Michelle & Syd

Happy dance! Happy dance! Happppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dance!!!! :happydance:

Such wonderful news to read. WOW!!!! Totally made my day.

Cindy, it was great to talk with you yesterday. Talk about sweet -- you are a dear!

I'll be checking in later today to make sure Justice makes it past 7:30. I am sending positive thoughts!

Hugs to all of you.

YEAH!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Cindy, I am SO happy to hear that!! Cody and I want Justice to jump back on the train so badly!! That's so great that he even looks different. I'm hoping that this hospitalization will make all the difference for him.

I'm glad to hear that Tuckie had a good night too! :banana:

Here - Cody and I think all of you deserve a bunch of ice cream :icecream5:

I'm keeping the good thoughts coming.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

He peed longer then a GSD, Mal and Rottie would together after drinking lots of water. lol.

Ok Cindy, two things.... what is a (a tortie in CRF that ) and a GSD?

:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

:bone:

:claphands::claphands:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:bravo:

:happydance:

:pp_animal_564:

:waycool:

:roll:

That's out of the way, as I am creating a river here with joy for you and the boys.

I am sooooooooo happy.. i'll be checking back after 7:30 pm to hear that Justice was seizure free for 24 hours!!

love you,

Cynthia

ps: I would have put more emoticons on but there weren't any more approipriate ones!

Edited by Sequia

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: !

SO GLAD TO READ THAT JUSTICE DID WELL!

Now, let's keep that little one on the right tracks, so to speak....HUGS, Judy

Cindy,

I can't tell you how happy I was to see your post! I was sitting in my office and could hardly contain myself, but had to wait until I came home to post. Can't imagine how you must be feeling! Hurray for the boys! That train is boarding and soon both Tucker and Justice will be fighting over who gets to be conductor! I feel like dancing! Maybe Ruby Mae and I will do a little happy dance for the boys.

Thanks for the info on the Frontline. I put it on her this morning and so far so good. No reaction that I can see. Kiss those boys for me please and you sit back relax, have a cocktail if you partake and have a nice quiet evening, you deserve it.

Melanie and her flea bitten princess, Ruby Mae :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

It's 7:26 and I'm waiting for that ice cream cone.... :cool026:

Please boys, don't let us down..... :turtle:

(It really is 7:26), even here in Jersey, but we're still stuck in traffic....

Edited by CatPaws

Tuckie is at TWO DAY'S!!!! :banana:

============T :icecream2::turtle: ===========

AND...

Justice is at ONE DAY!!!! :motimonkey:

============J :1icecream::turtle: ============

We have trains!!!!!!!!!!!

Be back soon to write more!!

Thanks angels!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL--it is quite wonderful isn't it!!!! :cool026:

You have to tell Coot and the other kitties too! Give them big hugs...and a huge one for u!!!!

Hi Deb, no worries u weren't here yesterday!! U have been with us helping us through all along!!!

I LOVE the boys pics-awww so comfortable and cozy. Thanks for posting. Hugs to u and the kids

Hi Lynette--u called it--he made it to 7:30PM!!! yay!!! hugs to u and the kids!

Hi Michelle, thanks for the good thoughts!! TMW AM is our last big obstacle right now--I know he can do it!!!!! hugs to Syd and Brits

Hi Tracy, it's amazing--he honestly looks different. Maybe he isn't so stressed and tired like he has been. Of course he is tired--but in a different way. I saw Cody hasn't chucked since Monday--ohhh Cody I hope u are still chuck-less!!!! What great news that would be!!! Hugs to u both...and KFC!

Hi Cynthia, oh thanks for the "river" of joy. I am going around here just picking up each pupper and telling them how good Justice is doing..and that he's gonna be OK. I know him making thru the night tonight is very important--but I am just loving this moment right now--24 hours after the propofol--seizure free!!! :cool026: Hugs

Oh P.S. CRF is Chronic Renal Failure and GSD is German Shepherd Dog :biggrin:

Hi Juli---thanks...I have a message from the boys--"we're coming Callie!"

hugs to u, CAT and C!!!!

Hi Judy, I am so happy, I hope they both will be on track for awhile--if not we will deal with it..but Justice--no more GM's PULEEZE!! hugs to the u and kids!

Hi Melanie, ohhh please do a happy dance with Ruby Mae tonight--I will think abt that --and just smile!!!! I'm glad so far the Frontline has been OK.

The boys loved their kisses from Auntie Melanie!

hugs to u and Ms Licious!!

Hi Paula, still stuck in traffic??? Man ur rush hour is worse then Columbus--usually by 6:30pm it's not too bad! Wait...how can u be stuck in traffic, and on the puter?? Text to ur phone that goes to ur computer?--But if that was the case, how could u bring IMOM up on ur phone?? A computer in the car?? Ohhh sounds better then being bored stuck in traffic!!Thanks for being such a great cheerleader!! Hugs

Mari called a couple hours ago becuz she and the neuro were wondering how Justice was doing. I told her he made it thru last night--the first night in a few weeks with absolutely NO seizure activity of any sort. They want me to update in the AM again even though the 24 hour mark is considered a success. The neuro too feels if Justice can get thru tonight it will be very important. Last night may have just been becuz of the effects still with the propofol...but not breaking thru during the night tonight...that would be important!

He even wants him to go to agility tmw (if I think he is up to it) becuz of equipment he earlier said would be good for his neurons.

I will try and post before leaving for agility in the AM--if I don't have a chance, I will post when we get home after 2:30PM. But I'll try to get on before we leave.

Thanks so much angels!

Hi Cindy,

Oh my gosh, I am so happy to see a train for Justice again!!! :banana::happydance: That train is WAY overdue pulling into the station! :) Whoo hoo!!! Definitely cause for a wiggle-butt dance :motimonkey: And Tuckie too - wow, it's been a while since we saw parallel trains. I am so happy for you 3!

I hope that Justice gets to go to agility tomorrow. That would be wonderful.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

I don't mind being stuck in traffic.... as long as it's for a train of ice cream cones.

(the little clock said it was 6:26, but it was really 7:26... the excuse for being late is "stuck in traffic")

I'm hoping we add another cone to each train today, so I'm adding an extra

Terp to pull the long, long train I pray we get.

:turtle2::turtle2:

Edited by CatPaws

real quick before we take off--

NO SEIZURES DURING THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be back on later.

Oh, Marty if u are reading this-emails not going thru this AM--grrrrrr.

Thanks Tracy and Paula!!!!!!!!

Thanks angels

This is exactly what I wanted to see this AM...

Let's keep BOTH those boys chugging along... :banana: ...HUGS, Judy

This is such great news Keep them IPB Image going boys.

Hope agility went well. Big hugs to you and both the boys

Now I can breath easier.

Hope Justice has a good agility workout.

Looking forward to very long trains for Coot to conduct!!!

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, AGAIN!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

:pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

Woo Wooooooooo!!!!!

:pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

[attachmentid=4780]

post-1586-1190304188.jpg

Aw thanks guys for all the wonderful responses to Justice making it through the night. It is awesome he made it, and awesome u guys care so much.

I wish I was as happy as I was earlier.

No seizures (I hope), but I am worried abt a few things with Justice. Sorry it's taken me so long to post. I have been having a hard time holding it together for some reason.

I took Justice to agility, and on the way down out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw Justice jerk a couple times. Traffic was bad and it took me a minute to really be able to look at him. He was laying there sleeping, and all seemed well--and may very well have been fine. Anyway, when I took him into agility we set the jump bars at 4" (instead of 8" and sometimes 12"). When he would do jumps he kept scraping one foot on the bar--every time--he always easily clears 8" and even the 12". Then when I would have him "back-up" which he does easily and pretty straight back--he kept going off to the side. We also noticed he had what looked like a grimace on one side of his face.

I have no idea if the jerking was a seizure I missed (or maybe it wasn't even jerking I saw, and was just nothing), or if something is brewing in his brain and he is going to have some seizure activity--or is this some residual from all the seizures...or something else.

I called Mari, and relayed all that happened. I had no idea if any of the things would have been noticed if he had not been to agility. If he had been home, maybe none of the weird things would have been noticed (except his one leg turning in at times). Maybe he was just really tired. I didn't know.

So she put me on hold and spoke with Dr Fenner. She came back and said he didn't want to change anything now--that if he breaks through do what I have been doing, but he wants to have a "face to face" with me becuz he has been thinking a lot abt Justice and doing some reading (not sure if he meant the seizure logs), and he wants to make changes with his protocol. I asked Mari if that meant changes with his seizure meds, or what I do when he has a seizure? She didn't know.

I have no idea why that scares and upsets me. I mean if Justice starts seizuring again-he needs a change, I know that. But THE NEURO wants to see me "face to face"-that has NEVER happened --it's going to be something drastic for sure becuz he would not have me come in and pay for an appt unless I was the one asking to see him--NEVER. If he is just increasing his meds, Mari would have just told me that.

I know it's not helping Justice or me to worry abt those dreaded "what if's"--or rather "what is he going to do?". But that "face to face" request concerns me. He is sooo careful with my money, and I even wonder if that is one reason he kept putting off the propofol. He would not have me come in (with Justice too of course) for something that could be talked abt over the phone.

Plus what the hell was that at agility--I thought he was having a stroke or something. Mari did say that since those symptoms (the grimace) weren't still happening-the neuro wasn't too worried abt it.

Just too much...

I was so happy...

Well it is good news that as far as I know, neither boy has had a seizure!!

Oh, gee they are close enough--

Tuck is at THREE DAY'S!!!

=============T :icecream3::turtle: ==============

Justice is at TWO DAY'S!!

============= :icecream2::turtle:===============

Thanks so much everyone for so much support!!

Thanks angels!

Oh Cindy before I say anything I send you a big long hug as long as you need it. :hugs: If you need to cry, it's ok cause well I have a big pool to fill!

Now....... take a deep breath................................................ again............................ ok

Living in fear of the "what ifs" can do real damage to your health. You and I both know that will not help you or the boys. Cast all your anxiety on God because He cares for you (ll Peter 5:7).

I have no idea why that scares and upsets me.

You are scared of the unknown. We all are. You were right not to second guess your insights cause mother knows best. However, you could go on for hours saying "oh it might be this or might be that".

Whatever the neuro tells you when you see him, will be dealt with. If it was an emergency I am sure he would have gotten you to the hospital right away... so I am asuming it is not life threatening. His reading that he has been doing could be research and foudn another way of treating things. Medicine is constantly changing the way we treat things.

We are all here supporting you and love you. You will not got through this alone. (I just wish I was with you right now in person.)

Most of all, God will get you through this and Justice as well. I ask that He give you His peace and wrap His love around you.

I know how hard it is not to think the worst of things. Is there anyone that can go with you or even take you to the neuro? Just to be there for moral support? Gee, where is it that you live? Hmmm how far of a drive from Ontario would it be?

I love you girl..... just keep leaning and you will be ok along with Justice and Tucker.

Cynthia