Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 5

1,005 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I just heard from Cindy.

Poor Justice had a GM last night, and another one when they got to the hospital. And he was having some very strange neurological problems.

He was hooked up at about 8:45, and is now in his bagel bed sleeping.

Cindy will be with him all day watching him, but isn't sure just how late Niki will be there tonight.

Hopefully this will give his little brain a good rest and stop this cycle.

Thanks angels.

Thanks for the update, Marty. Darn--I was hoping that Justice wouldn't have any last night. Good thoughts coming for relief for both Justice and Cindy.

Celia

Oh Cindy,

I'm sorry Justice is having such a hard time. Keeping him (and you and Tuck too) in my thoughts today.

I've got some great doggy t-shirts here at work - just let me know the size (lbs) and I'll send you some.

:hugs:

Thank you Marty for the update.

Cindy, please know that everyone here at the zoo has all paws crossed for Justice - and we are sending along lots of extra hugs for you and Tuckie too.

We're praying for good news.

<<<HUGS>>>

Vicky

I just checked in with Cindy and she said that Justice finally seems to be resting comfortably. It took him a very long time to relax but he is sacked out now in his bagel bed.

Cindy said that Niki will probably be there until 6:30 or 7:00 tonight, and they are of course going to stay there as long as they can. So it may be late tonight before Cindy is able to get on the forum to post.

You will no doubt be getting updates from other folks during the day. I'm going to check in with Cindy later this evening and I'll post with an update if you haven't already had one recently.

I'm glad that Justice is finally able to get some rest. Hope Cindy can too, but it's hard at the hospital. She's prob. wishing for the first mother-son propofol drip.

Thanks for the updates, Marty and Laurie.

Thank you for the update Laurie. I was hoping that Justice was relaxed a lot earlier. I have an epi schnauzer too so I know first hand that it's not easy to stop the post-ictal pacing. They may have had a harder time calming him since he had the GM there this morning.

I'm keeping that little munchkin in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll be checking here periodically too for updates.

Marty

Marty and Laurie,

Thank you for the updates. Cindy and Justice have been in my thoughts all day. I'm glad that Justice is finally able to rest comfortably. I hope for a restful and uneventful remainder of the day. I can only imagine how worried and stressed Cindy must be. Cindy, I am with you and Justice in spirit

Tracy and Cody (Cody says "me too, Auntie Cindy) :heart::stripekitty:

Wow. Just unbelievable. I hope this gives sustained peace to Cindy, Justice and Tuckie.

And Cindy-you don't have to respond to each post-I know you like to, but wanted to give you the out since there are so many!!!!

Thanks for the updates Martie and Laurie. Cindy said she might call me with an update and I've been waiting. Good to know Justice is finally resting.

Juli

I just checked in with Cindy again and she said they are winding down and hope to be leaving the vet in the next 15 minutes or so. Sounds like things were pretty peaceful overall once Justice managed to settle in after a rough morning.

She said that Justice was pretty mellow all day except for some barking during a staff meeting. I think it's just that he had something very important to say. I hope they were listening!

She also said that Tucker has been having a really good day -- running around and playing. That's great news!

I know Cindy is going to be very tired once they get home, but I'm hoping she feels up to checking in quickly to let us know she and Justice are safely back home again.

HI Cindy and boys,

Sorry to hear it's been such a rough few days. I hope the day in the vets office was a success. Did you talk the vet into giving you anything to help you sleep too? smile. I'm sure you're exhausted. The boys and I are hoping you have a restful few days. We're going a bit crazy trying to get back into the school routine. I'm tired by the end of the day. The boys are doing well though.

splight, Sunny and Buddy

Cindy,

You and the boys have been on my mind all day. I hope my good thoughts danced around in Justice' dreams while he rested at the hospital. Hopefully, you were able to relax a little as well. Looking forward to hearing about how things went.

Ruby Mae & Melanie

You guys are the BEST!!! Both boys were on my lap while I was reading all the posts--I read each one to them and told them how much their aunties love them, and how many were pulling so hard for them. Tuckie understands when Justice needs extra attention--but was pleased I think that his name was mentioned often too. LOL.

Justice is doing fine. He is napping. It's been a couple weeks since he has not had ANY seizure activity during the night--I sure am hoping tonight is the first!!

Tuckie was doing fine today--phew!! He had lots of distractions and people around him.

Marty and Laurie, thanks so much for posting. I had intended to give another update to Juli inbetween Laurie's--but it got a little crazy there--not with Justice, but the cat's and dogs all seemed to think it was a full moon or something.

At one point everything just needed to be really quiet becuz of a dog panicking and becoming aggressive (he had just been fine, and had even earlier walked by me and stopped for pets). So anyway I couldn't leave Justice, and didn't want to be talking on the phone.

I just marvel at what the staff goes through so often with the animals they care for.

I did have some good company from a kitty that reminded me a bit of Bleys (they had coloring marked as 'tuxedo'), a tortie in CRF that belongs to a staff person--and attacked every staff person that got near-they couldn't even get close to the cage without it growling--but thankfully he liked me and I think enjoyed our visits. Also anyother kitty who was getting a dental and LOVED being pet thru the cage--he would roll on his back and want u to scritch his tummy. OMG he was soooo cute-but he was ummm fluffy--he weighed more then Justice! An Australian Shepherd was below Justice and ohhh he was a sweetie. So we had lots of company--very entertaining.

OK, I really need some sleep--and thankfully I wasn't caught-- I can't believe I am telling u guys... but, I stood in front of the cages and gave a "pep talk" (this was before the aggressive dog came). If u could have heard me (and thankfully no one did) talking to them as though they were a football team on game day.

Hey...I was bored and slap happy--what can I say?? LOL.

I told Laurie the ONE good thing abt all this is we got to talk a couple times!! She is as sweet on the phone as she is on the forum!

Jean, I think I will take that advive and not answer each person personally. But I hope each one of u knows how much ur posts meant.

Without going back and checking I did want to respond quickly to just a couple things I remember--I did indeed stand up lots and stretched and walked where I could still see Justice--gosh it's hard to just sit!!

I think Cynthia mentioned my "husband"--don't I wish I had one!!LOL. But I understand where u got that idea since u aren't aware that I live with a married couple--and David (Carol's husband) is the boys "daddy"--since he is the only male in the house. But if u didn't know that--u came to a conclusion I would have come to if the roles were reversed. The boys sure love their daddy!!

Again, all ur thoughst, prayers, energy, healing thoughts--everything just mean so much. I couldn't believe how many posts were here worried and yet hopeful for little Justice.

Now we wait...

If he gets past 7:30pm tmw night with no grand mals--it will be considered a success. He *may* break thru with some mild partails or CP's since he has been seizuring so much--but it's OK. They just don't want GM's. I happen not to want ANY seizure activity!!

Ohhhh if only I open my eyes in the AM without any seizure activity and no butt meds during the night!!!! Now that will be something!!!

Tuckie is velcro pup with his mommy. Justice fell fast asleep on David's lap.

I don't remember the time right now--but I am sure tucjk has made it to ONE DAY!!!

==============T :1icecream::turtle: =================

We love u guys for all ur caring and support of the boys--and me too!!!

Thanks so much angels!!

If he gets past 7:30pm tmw night with no grand mals--it will be considered a success.

Cindy - I want this more than anything and I will be keeping him close to my heart and a constant in my thoughts.

I hope you all get some uninterrupted sleep tonight!!!

Hi Cindy,

Ogh, I'm so glad you and little Justice are home safe. You 2 have been on my mind all day - and Tuckie too, because I can't think of one of you guys without thinking of all 3 of you. I'm glad Tuck had a good day.

LOL about the pep talk! I'll bet you gave them a good one :)

If he gets past 7:30pm tmw night with no grand mals--it will be considered a success.

Oh, Cody and I want that so badly for you!! We are hoping with all of our might that tomorrow night, you'll say that he made it!! :banana::icecream2:

I hope you all have a quiet and restful night.

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Cindy, Tucker & Justice,

It has been embarassingly long since I have stopped in to say hello and see how the boys are doing. My gosh, talk about a roller coaster ride! I hope it slows down and the little fellas get back on track and doing good on a daily basis, although I know it is sometimes just one day at a time, and it can be so hard. I hope you are hanging in okay, and am glad that today the guys are having good days.

Gail & Mollie

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry that I assumed that David was your husband. Please accept my appologies. I know I hate it when people assume I have a husband just because I have a child.

I had a good chuckle when you gave your pep talk! i too had spoken to some of the pets at the OPVMC when CJ was in the ICU. Heck, who says that they didn't understand what you were saying?

I really do hope that you 3 slept right through the night with nothing to report but good dreams.

Cynthia

I told Laurie the ONE good thing abt all this is we got to talk a couple times!! She is as sweet on the phone as she is on the forum!

I will second that!!!

Checking on the boys - guess it's still too early for an update.

Keeping fingers and paws crossed...

Be back later.