Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Cindy/IMOM

Benya Marcello

241 posts in this topic

Hi Cynthia,

I would like to say that Benya is doing very well and I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately, I have been going through tough times which makes it hard to update the forum and all you wonderful supporters. Please forgive me, I will try my best to keep you updated.

Love R & B

Ralph, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through tough times right now. Please know that you have many friends here who can be a really great supportive team. We're here for both you and dear Benya!

Sorry to hear you are having tough times. It is just hard NOT to get attached to all the furkids here!

Please know that you are in my thoughts and I hope that God willing, Benya will be terrific and things will brighten for you.

Cynthia

Celia,

Benya will be transferring over to the DPF for ongoing sponsorship, pending receipt of our DPF application and an estimate for future care. Happily, his vet supports home testing so we're sending a meter so Benya can be tested at home. Leslie will be taking care of Benya going forward.

Cynthia,

You'll be pleased to know that thanks to Ralph and Benya, we now have a Canadian vet who is happy to work with IMOM. :banana:

Cindy/IMOM

To Cynthia: One hopes that when applicants stick around it is to be supportive and helpful to new applicants, esp. an older gentleman who is trying to learn the Internet and how to care for a diabetic cat.

To Ralph: We're very happy to hear that Benya is responding well to the insulin shots. :) Once you get your glucometer and test strips, give a yell if you need help. We'll look for you and Benya over in the Sponsored Cases section if you get accepted for IMOM sponsorship.

Cynthia,

You'll be pleased to know that thanks to Ralph and Benya, we now have a Canadian vet who is happy to work with IMOM. :banana:

Cindy/IMOM

I am so please to hear that!!! :cool026:

What province? You have no idea how happy that makes me!

Cynthia

Happily, his vet supports home testing so we're sending a meter so Benya can be tested at home.

Sweet!!! That's gonna save you many trips to the vet, Ralph.

I hope Benya continues to do well under your loving care.

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this but Benya is an interesting name. Where does it come from?

Smootchies to your LBK (little black kat). I have 6 LBK's (in addition to 4 more non LBK's) and they all send purrs and blinks to sweet Benya.

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this but Benya is an interesting name. Where does it come from?

Never mind Ralph - I just went back thru your thread and see that Debs already asked that question.

So... do you call him Ben or Benny for short? Or is it always his proper name? I have all kinds of nicknames for my cats. Sometimes I call them all out before I get the right one. LOL

aww Ralph, I'm so glad that Benya is home and doing wonderful. That makes my heart feel good.

I keep seeing "R&B" and thinking Rhythm and Blues ;)

Ralph, I must applaud your fortitude, and I'm so glad Benya is getting the help he needs to stick around and feel good!

Edited by CatPaws

I am happy to report that Benya's case has been accepted by the Diabetic Pet Fund for ongoing care :banana: . We are waiting for a little more info from his vet before we can arrive at a sponsorship amount. In the meantime, Benya does have available funds left in his account from our previous fundraising efforts. We have also mailed a new meter kit from our donated supplies off to Ralph so he can monitor Benya's BG levels at home.

I'm sure Ralph will be checking in with an update soon. We will be moving Benya's thread to the diabetic section of the website, so if he's not here when next you visit, be sure to check the diabetic PINs.

Thanks to all who are keeping Benya in their thoughts!

Leslie :whitekitty:

IMOM DPF

Sorry to hear you are having tough times. It is just hard NOT to get attached to all the furkids here!

Please know that you are in my thoughts and I hope that God willing, Benya will be terrific and things will brighten for you.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

I want to thank you for being so supportive of Benya and myself and really appreciate all you have sad and done.

Please keep in touch I need your encouragement.

Ralph & Benya

Sweet!!! That's gonna save you many trips to the vet, Ralph.

I hope Benya continues to do well under your loving care.

Smootchies to your LBK (little black kat). I have 6 LBK's (in addition to 4 more non LBK's) and they all send purrs and blinks to sweet Benya.

Hi Lynette,

Thank you for your kind words and helpful support we both appreciate it.

Benya's name was chosen after his father which is of Ukrainian origin.

I am sure Benya sends you purrs and blinks

Ralph & Benya

Benya's case has been accepted for monthly diabetic care. I am going to move his thread to the Diabetic Pet section of our forum. Leslie is Benya's new caseworker.

Juli

Benya's case has been accepted for monthly diabetic care. I am going to move his thread to the Diabetic Pet section of our forum. Leslie is Benya's new caseworker.

Juli

Thanks, Juli!

I just edited Cindy's very first post about Benya to reflect the fact that we are now seeking sponsorship for Benya. I'm afraid it may be overlooked though, since it is three pages back, so I am also going to post the same info here:

Diagnosis: Diabetes

Amount needed per month: $225

Neutered: Yes

Volunteer case worker: Leslie

Benya is an 11 year old LBK (little black kat) newly diagnosed with diabetes. Benya was originally accepted as an emergency case because he needed hospitalization due to seriously unregulated diabetes. IMOM pledged $500 and our wonderful angels came through with the balance needed to get Benya the emergency treatment he needed.

Benya is home now and feeling much better, but his dad, who is on permanent disability, needs help with Benya's ongoing needs. Benya's dad loves him very much, saying "Benya is the only family I have in the world, and I am the only family he has." To read more about this special kitty, please visit his PIN page: http://www.imom.org/pin/dpf/benya-marcello.htm.

If Benya's story touches your heart and you'd like to make a donation, you can do so at http://www.imom.org/donation/online.htm. Please indicate that your donation is for DPF - Benya Marcello. No amount is too small, and one-time donations as well as monthly sponsorships are very much appreciated. Hopefully as Benya's diabetes becomes regulated his monthly costs will drop, but for now his vet (who has been very responsive about providing IMOM with information) wants to keep close tabs on him.

If you do make a donation to Benya, please consider making a token donation to our Operating Fund as well so that we can continue to cover our website and administrative expenses.

Thank you to all who have already donated to Benya, to those who are considering a donation, and to all who are keeping Benya and Ralph, his dad, in their thoughts.

Leslie

IMOM DPF

Hi,

Am just now meeting your sweet little Benya and am so glad that you have been funded! Success stories on here is what helps me make it through the days! Hugs and kisses to your little guy!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

Hi,

Am just now meeting your sweet little Benya and am so glad that you have been funded! Success stories on here is what helps me make it through the days! Hugs and kisses to your little guy!

Gail & Mollie

Hi Gail & Mollie,

Thank you for your support and caring of my little fur ball, we both send you hugs and kisses.

Sincerely, Ralph & Benya

Ralph is having a little trouble navigating the forum. He posted this message elsewhere so I am moving it for him.

IMOM DPF

:catwatching:

I am Ralph, the proud owner of Benya the black cat and new family members of IMOM, we are kindly asking all IMOM sponsors or prospective sponsors to consider funding Benya that is in need of monthly sponsorship of $225 dollars a month. Benya will need monthly glucose monitoring, insulin, syringes and an array of other medical procedures for his diabetic condition. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the vet bill due to personal health issues which makes me feel useless and stressed out that I can't help my best friend and family member Benya. IMOM and its sponsors have been in my corner since the beginning of Benya's illness and they have created miracles for Benya. We are depending on IMOM sponsors and volunteers to help us once again, we have faith in our new family members and could not ask for a better support network. Please find it in your hearts and support or sponsor my little critter.

Love Benya & Ralph, :catwatching:

Dear IMOM,

I would like to update the forum about benya's progress within the last few weeks. Benya's energy level has dramatically jumped by 80% and his appetite has returned back to normal. It is unbelievable how a drop of insulin has improved Benya's health from the inside- out demonstrating a shiny black fur and bright green eyes. Benya's hind legs were also weakened from the diabetes but now are slowly getting stronger from the muscle increase. Benya's appearance and character has finally come back to daddy with those early morning waky, waky's and those late evening meow, meows that are just music to my ears.The difference in Benya's health has made my life much brighter and I am positive it has made Benya's much more fulfilling.

IMOM sponsors, the volunteers and everyone involved are true miracle workers and I am pretty sure they have created thousands of miracles. All I can say is that both Benya and I love and send hugs and kisses to our supporters and volunteers that have been so gracious and helpful throughout this stressful period. I also want to thank Leslie for being an awesome person and having patience with the lack of my computer skills. thank you.

Sincerely Ralph & Benya

Aww, thanks Ralph! I think you're doing a great job. And what better place to learn computer skills than here?

I am so glad to hear that Benya is getting back to his old self. That made my day! And then to make my whole month, Juli, our treasurer, has informed me that Benya is already sponsored for $125!!! :banana::banana::banana: I think that is a record! We are seeking a total of $225 in sponsorship so we are off to a great start - over half way there already! Our donors are so wonderful, and I just wanted to say thanks for helping Benya and Ralph enjoy many, many more happy moments together - that miracle Ralph is talking about!

Edited by Leslie IMOM

Aww, thanks Ralph! I think you're doing a great job. And what better place to learn computer skills than here?

I am so glad to hear that Benya is getting back to his old self. That made my day! And then to make my whole month, Juli, our treasurer, has informed me that Benya is already sponsored for $125!!! :banana::banana::banana: I think that is a record! We are seeking a total of $225 in sponsorship so we are off to a great start - over half way there already! Our donors are so wonderful, and I just wanted to say thanks for helping Benya and Ralph enjoy many, many more happy moments together - that miracle Ralph is talking about!

IMOM supporters and sponsors have been true life savers through out Benya's emergency treatment and now for his ongoing monthly donations. I am so content to see caring people having great interest in helping and supporting the most important family member in my life. In regards to try and say thank you to all the donater's would not even be sufficient enough. What I am trying to say is how do you thank someone after they have saved your family members life?. All I can say is that IMOM sponsors and volunteers are angels from heaven. Once again I will say thank you for all your donations, support and love for Benya because without your support we would be in a terrible situation.

Love Ralph & Benya

IMOM supporters and sponsors have been true life savers through out Benya's emergency treatment and now for his ongoing monthly donations. I am so content to see caring people having great interest in helping and supporting the most important family member in my life. In regards to try and say thank you to all the donater's would not even be sufficient enough. What I am trying to say is how do you thank someone after they have saved your family members life?. All I can say is that IMOM sponsors and volunteers are angels from heaven. Once again I will say thank you for all your donations, support and love for Benya because without your support we would be in a terrible situation.

Love Ralph & Benya

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

So glad to hear such good news about Benya!

Gail & Mollie

Hi Gail & Mollie,

I really do thank you for supporting and following Benya's progress. It is caring people like you that can make the difference in our world.

Thank you,

Ralph & Benya

Hi Ralph,

I haven't posted here for awhile, but I keep checking on how things are going. I am so glad the Benya is feeling better. I bet you are feeling better along with him just knowing that he is better!

Benya is such a catchy name that I am always thinking of him! I love the name. It is so ........ musical! :cool026:

[attachmentid=5087]

Cynthia and Angel CJ

post-2010-1192752756_thumb.jpg

Hi Ralph,

I haven't posted here for awhile, but I keep checking on how things are going. I am so glad the Benya is feeling better. I bet you are feeling better along with him just knowing that he is better!

Benya is such a catchy name that I am always thinking of him! I love the name. It is so ........ musical! :cool026:

[attachmentid=5087]

Cynthia and Angel CJ

Hi Cynthia and Angel,

Thank you for supporting Benya and our mission for a new and healthy kick start.

We are both feeling great at the present time and pray for better times ahead. Knowing that we have such a great support network such as yourselves, is a blessing for both of us.

One last thing, I named Benya like his father, it is a great name, thank you!

Sincerely Ralph & Benya,

Sign in to follow this