Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Cindy/IMOM

Benya Marcello

241 posts in this topic

YAY!!!! :banana::banana: THANK YOU angels for getting Benya funded so quickly!! :)

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Tracy, you are a great person and I would like to thank you for helping me get Benya's funds together. I cannot believe the support ,Benya has been getting, thanks to you and IMOM and all the supporters involved. God Bless you all and thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Love: Ralph & Benya Marcello,

Hi

I am thrilled that Benya got help so quickly.

You might want to check out the diabetic cats website as well. I know that you will both be fine as soon as you get the diabetes under control.

Good luck

Kathy

Geez, that was fast!!! I didn't even get it posted! I'll do the $125 and save the challenge for another baby! $125 on its way!

Kitty

Kitty, you are a sweet,sweet person, you have made me and Benya so very happy and we both send you kisses. thank you Soooooo much.

Love: Ralph & Benya

Hi

I am thrilled that Benya got help so quickly.

You might want to check out the diabetic cats website as well. I know that you will both be fine as soon as you get the diabetes under control.

Good luck

Kathy

Thanks for that advice, I will check that website and I would like to simply say you people are awesome!

Hi Ralph --

We cat lovers are happy to see Benya getting treatment for his diabetes. To follow up on Kathy's suggestion, the website about feline diabetes is found here. There are very good articles for beginners that explain what diabetes is, the different kinds of insulin, and how to test your cat's blood sugar at home. I had to learn how to home-test when one of my cats became diabetic and this site, plus some IMOM friends, were very helpful. Cats are all about routine, and it's really not scary once you get into the routine with your cat. Home-testing is a great tool because a cat's blood sugar fluctuates day to day, just like a human's does, and you don't want to give the cat more insulin than he needs and have him "bottom out." (As a general rule, blood glucose that's high is better than too low.) Most cats don't mind the testing or the shots because they seem to understand that it makes them feel better. :whitekitty:

Anyway, I just really wanted to encourage you that when Benya comes home from the hospital you CAN become a pro at treating his diabetes. Thank you for not giving up on him when he got this diagnosis, as some pet owners do.

Tracy, you are a great person and I would like to thank you for helping me get Benya's funds together. I cannot believe the support ,Benya has been getting, thanks to you and IMOM and all the supporters involved. God Bless you all and thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

Love: Ralph & Benya Marcello,

You are welcome, Ralph :) We are happy we get to help you and Benya. I've cared for 2 diabetic kitties and I know how frightening it can be at first. I look forward to the day when Benya comes back home to you. It sounds like he's already starting to feel better, which is great news!

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Ralph --

We cat lovers are happy to see Benya getting treatment for his diabetes. To follow up on Kathy's suggestion, the website about feline diabetes is found here. There are very good articles for beginners that explain what diabetes is, the different kinds of insulin, and how to test your cat's blood sugar at home. I had to learn how to home-test when one of my cats became diabetic and this site, plus some IMOM friends, were very helpful. Cats are all about routine, and it's really not scary once you get into the routine with your cat. Home-testing is a great tool because a cat's blood sugar fluctuates day to day, just like a human's does, and you don't want to give the cat more insulin than he needs and have him "bottom out." (As a general rule, blood glucose that's high is better than too low.) Most cats don't mind the testing or the shots because they seem to understand that it makes them feel better. :whitekitty:

Anyway, I just really wanted to encourage you that when Benya comes home from the hospital you CAN become a pro at treating his diabetes. Thank you for not giving up on him when he got this diagnosis, as some pet owners do.

Hello IMOMERS, I thank all you lovely, lovely, people and I will follow cathy's suggestion about feline diabetes.

The people I have met on this great sight are one of a kind and when I say kind it is litterly. All I can say is that giving up is not an option at IMOMS and I love you all for the wonderful support you have given Benya

ThankYou very much, Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Did your vet say when Benya would be able to come home?

I had a diabetic kitty too. Her name was Button. You can see her picture in my signature below. I learned a lot when Button was diagnosed from the Feline Diabetes Message Board. I think others gave you the link to the Board.

I also have a very special black kitty. He and I want Benya to feel good and come back home.

Juli and Cooper :eight:

I'm so glad Benya seems to be doing better. Don't worry when he gets home, between the diabetes boards and the people here you'll become an expert in no time. I too want to thank you for not giving up on Benya. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Ralph,

It has been very difficult for me to come the the life threatening emergencies. I lost my beautiful shih tzu, CJ, to cancer on the 5th of this month. Without IMOM, I would never of had the chance to try all that could be done to save his life. Even though he is now at the bridge IMOM members have been a great support to me. I have 2 cats (and my son!) that I am very grateful for.

I am glad to hear that Benya is on the road to recovery. You have come to the best place you could possibly find. Take care of that sweet kitty of yours.

Cynthia (angel CJ)

I hope sweet Benya is okay and will be able to come home soon. It is so hard to be separated from the furbabies we love so much so I am rooting for everything to be back to normal soon.

Love and prayers

Benya & Dad,

So glad to hear that you got the funding necessary to get the little man treatment. He is going to feel so much better and that will certainly lift your spirits. IMOM is great isn't it? Ruby Mae and I send our very best to you and your special little guy.

Melanie

It has been a ery long time since Benya's parent has posted. Has Benya been moved to another location? How is Benya doing?

Cynthia

Just checking on Benya. Does anyone have news?

We received the invoice from the vet, and a note that Benya went home. Leslie has written him, and hopefully we'll hear something back.

Thanks for checking,

Cindy/IMOM

Hi Ralph,

Did your vet say when Benya would be able to come home?

I had a diabetic kitty too. Her name was Button. You can see her picture in my signature below. I learned a lot when Button was diagnosed from the Feline Diabetes Message Board. I think others gave you the link to the Board.

I also have a very special black kitty. He and I want Benya to feel good and come back home.

Juli and Cooper :eight:

Hi Juli and cooper, I want to thank you for your great support and interest with Benya's health. Benya has been home and doing great,back to his old self, thanks to all you IMOMERS out there.

Ralph, I do hope we get more than doing ok at home. I am so glad that Benya is doign well but we here (and I am sure I speak for the rest of IMOMs family) that we want to continue to hear how Benya is doing. Please don't just leave it at that.

Cynthia

Hi Ralph -

Benya has been home and doing great,back to his old self

This is great news!!! So are you giving him insulin and doing the home monitoring thing? Is he pretty much regulated now? Please keep us informed. We would love to see some pics if you are able to do that.

Please give Benya some scritches from me and my kitties send him some head butts and blinks.

I hope sweet Benya is okay and will be able to come home soon. It is so hard to be separated from the furbabies we love so much so I am rooting for everything to be back to normal soon.

Love and prayers

I thank you very much for caring and supporting Benya with his recovery, this critter is the most affectionate and loving furbaby one can ever ask for.

Sincerely, Benya & Ralph

We received the invoice from the vet, and a note that Benya went home. Leslie has written him, and hopefully we'll hear something back.

Thanks for checking,

Cindy/IMOM

Hi Cindy,

I hope you got the message from Leslie about my situation. Benya is back home and doing much better thanks to yourself and all the IMOM supporters. He is responding well to the insulin and eating and drinking normally. Benya's energy has increased dramatically and his eyes are noticeably greener.

Like I have said many times, I cannot thank you and IMOM supporters enough for saving Benya. Benya & Ralph send you much love and thanks and please forgive me for the delay in response to your message.

Sincerely. Ralph & Benya

Hi Ralph -

This is great news!!! So are you giving him insulin and doing the home monitoring thing? Is he pretty much regulated now? Please keep us informed. We would love to see some pics if you are able to do that.

Please give Benya some scritches from me and my kitties send him some head butts and blinks.

Hi Lynette,

Yes I am administering the insulin myself but unfortunately I cannot do the home monitoring procedure until I get the proper equipment. I will bring Benya to the vet for monitoring in the meanwhile.

I appreciate your support and hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Ralph & Benya

Ralph, I do hope we get more than doing ok at home. I am so glad that Benya is doign well but we here (and I am sure I speak for the rest of IMOMs family) that we want to continue to hear how Benya is doing. Please don't just leave it at that.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

I will keep you posted about Benya but please forgive me for being so vague with Benya's outcome, I am trying to catch up with the forum updates.

Thank you so much Ralph & Benya

It has been a ery long time since Benya's parent has posted. Has Benya been moved to another location? How is Benya doing?

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

I would like to say that Benya is doing very well and I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately, I have been going through tough times which makes it hard to update the forum and all you wonderful supporters. Please forgive me, I will try my best to keep you updated.

Love R & B

Benya & Dad,

So glad to hear that you got the funding necessary to get the little man treatment. He is going to feel so much better and that will certainly lift your spirits. IMOM is great isn't it? Ruby Mae and I send our very best to you and your special little guy.

Melanie

Thank you Melanie,

I am sure Benya would appreciate your support because I cannot thank you enough for supporting my critter. Yes,IMOM is great and so are you.

Love R & B

I am so glad that Benya is doign well but we here (and I am sure I speak for the rest of IMOMs family) that we want to continue to hear how Benya is doing

No ma'am, you don't. If you want to be rude to someone, do it in your own name, do not include the rest of us in it.

That having been said, Ralph, please give Mr. Gorgeous Green Eyes a big hug and tell him I'm glad he's feeling better. Will you be needing assistance with his diabetic needs in the future?

Sign in to follow this