Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Cindy/IMOM

Benya Marcello

241 posts in this topic

Hi Ralph,

Sorry about the problems with your vet. I didn't have any problems getting my vet to work with IMOM. I really don't feel it's all that much extra work for them. They just fax the bill to IMOM and the bill is paid pretty quickly. You still need to have access to a vet that works with IMOM because Benya is going to need periodic testing and a vet is not going to give you lots of refills without Benya being seen and tested. Good luck to you. Is there another vet nearby you could switch to?

:hugs:

Lora & Mr. Wiggles :pp_animal_564:

Hello IMOM Community,

Firstly, Benya & I would like to thank all the support we have been getting from IMOM recipients and volunteers. It is such a great feeling to know there are people helping and supporting each other in many ways that it just makes going through hard times much easier.

Benya is doing very well and I still have enough insulin and syringes to last me for another week. Our case worker Leslie, has come through for us once again influencing our vet to supply insulin and syringes one more time until I find another vet that would be willing to work with IMOM.

I have been looking for a new vet and may have some luck in a few days for an answer. In the meantime I may try and talk to my present vet and influence him to keep working with Benya because it was just a misunderstanding between us that could have been avoided.

I will keep everyone posted on our search for a new vet.

Sincerely Ralph & Benya, :catwatching:

Hi Ralph,

Sorry about the problems with your vet. I didn't have any problems getting my vet to work with IMOM. I really don't feel it's all that much extra work for them. They just fax the bill to IMOM and the bill is paid pretty quickly. You still need to have access to a vet that works with IMOM because Benya is going to need periodic testing and a vet is not going to give you lots of refills without Benya being seen and tested. Good luck to you. Is there another vet nearby you could switch to?

Hello Lora & Mr. Wiggles,

Benya and I would like to thank you for supporting us through our difficult ordeal but I have enough confidence that we will find a new vet very soon. We hope Mr. Wiggles is doing well and back to his playful self.

Sincerely Ralph & Benya,

Ralph, do you have a case worker you have contacted. I think that is the best thing to do. Can you get another vet to work with IMOM. I sure hope everything works out for you both.

Love and big Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

Hello Debbie & Jack,

Thank you for your support and yes I am looking for another vet but in the meantime I will be getting insulin and syringes from my present vet with help from my case worker talking the vet into one more order.

I hope you and Jack are doing very well and enjoying the weather.

Sincerly Ralph & Benya, :catwatching:

Leave it to the IMOM angels to get things done. So glad Leslie was able to get the insulin for Benya. Isn't IMOM just terrific! Thank you volunteers and sponsors for taking such good care of Ralph and Benya. You are angels!

Hello IMOM Community,

Firstly, I would like to say thank you to Leslie for getting our insulin and syringes from our previous vet.

We have been waiting for a response from our future vet i am not sure whehter they have contacted IMOM or not but I did fax all IMOM introductions to them and explained to them that we are already members of IMOM. Hopefully they will respond soon otherwise we will have to seek other vets in our surrounding area.

My Landlord has been a great help with seeking another vet, although she has a child she still drives me to all near by vets I am very lucky to have a landlord like this although, she did say she is doing it for Benya. Regardless, she is welcomed to helping with this fustrating venture.

Ralph & Benya,

Leave it to the IMOM angels to get things done. So glad Leslie was able to get the insulin for Benya. Isn't IMOM just terrific! Thank you volunteers and sponsors for taking such good care of Ralph and Benya. You are angels!

Hello Lora & Mr.wiggles,

Thank you so much for such kind words and support you have been giving Benya and I we both hope nothing but the best for both you lovely creatures.

Hugs & Kisses to all

Ralph & Benya,

Hello Lori & Mr. Wiggles,

How is Mr. Wiggles making out? Benya & I would really like to know and of course yourself. We both appreciate your kind words and support you and Mr. Wiggles have been giving us.

Hugs & Kisses Ralph & Benya, :catwatching:

Hello IMOM Community, :catwatching:

It has been a great week for Benya and I since we did finally get another vet on board to work with IMOM. It is great relief to finally get Benya his monthly check ups and to know a professional is taking good care of my kitty. It hasn't been easy the last couple of month's while looking for another vet but being positive and having help from IMOM pays off eventually.

Benya has been doing very well he loves his summer strolls into the backyard, grazes on some grass and chases birds that is his whole routine after his long naps. It seems like summer is his time of year he is so vibrant and energetic unlike winter months when he hasn't anything to do.

We would like to thank Leslie for helping us find another vet and everybody at IMOM for making all this possible.

Sincerely Ralph & Benya, :cool026:

Hello IMOM Community, :cool026:

Benya and I would like to thank Leslie our caseworker and everyone involved in the process of obtaining another vet to treat Benya. It hasn't been easy but IMOM made it much easier for myself to persuade our new vet to work with our policies. As I said many times before IMOM create miracles time and time again and I cannot thank them enough.

I am sure Benya is excited to visit our new vet although, he hates the travel but I think he will get over it once they get him back on track. Benya would also like to thank Leslie and everyone at IMOM for working diligently to find him a vet. He has been doing very well these last few weeks grazing, chasing birds, and enjoying the warm weather. Benya's appetite has been very good and his blood glucose has been normal after giving him my home test. It may be slightly different when the vet checks his glucose level because they have more precise techniques.

I will let everyone know how our vet visit goes hopefully all is well but I am very optimistic.

Sincerely Ralph & Benya, :catwatching:

Hi Ralph & Benya,

I'm so glad Benya is doing so well and you have found a new vet. I just love reading the posts and hearing that the furkids are well. When is Benya's appointment with the new vet? I'm praying things go well and you like the new vet. Keep us informed on how Benya's visit goes.

Hi Ralph & Benya,

I'm so glad Benya is doing so well and you have found a new vet. I just love reading the posts and hearing that the furkids are well. When is Benya's appointment with the new vet? I'm praying things go well and you like the new vet. Keep us informed on how Benya's visit goes.

Hello Lora & Mr. Wiggles,

Benya's appointment is this Wendsday at 4:00pm and Benya and I would like to thank you for praying and caring for my Benya. I will keep you informed and i really hope all is well with you and your furball.

hugs & Kisses:

Ralph & Benya, :catwatching:

Hello IMOM Community, :cool026:

Benya & I would like to thank everyone from the diabetic fund for helping with our monthly expenses and also thank all our sponsors that have been a critical part of Benya's life. We are so grateful to have people like you on our side and appreciate your generous contributions towards the cost of Benya's vet bill. There are no words to describe the gratitude I have for everyone involved but I know that you will be rewarded from the man upstairs.

God bless to all.

Ralph & Benya, :catwatching:

Hello IMOM Community,

Benya and I have finally found a vet willing to work with IMOM the ironic thing is that Benya actually likes this particular vet. There are parts of the body that Benya would never permit someone to touch and Brenda the vet had no problem touching him and getting her test samples for the laboratory. Benya seems to be very tranquil while waiting for the vet when in most similar situations I would have to contain him until the vet appears. It seems that we found the appropriate animal Hospital for Benya which takes a great deal of stress off of him when being examined.

Unfortunately, Benya's blood glucose level seemed to be very high and one of his kidneys is not performing as it should because his diabetes isn't properly regulated. The vet suggested I give Benya 3 units of insulin instead of 2.5 and it should be administered every 12 hours not 9 as our previous vet had instructed. Brenda would also like to give Benya subcutaneous fluid three days in a roll and take x-rays of Benya's kidney. I am terrified for my Benya to undergo all these procedures but if I want him better and back home quickly I have no choice but to get it done. :magicmoon:

I have been praying everyday for Benya to get better and not have any major complications after having his tests completed. Although, I pray for him and all other sick critters of the world my focus is strictly on Benya's condition because I cannot bare if something happens to him.

I would really like to thank everyone at IMOM for helping me pay for these procedures otherwise I would not have any hope in caring for Benya. Caseworkers, sponsors, volunteers are our angels and should never be forgotten for all the good they have done for others and still doing for us.

Benya & I send all you wonderful people hugs and kisses and plenty of love.

God Bless You Ralph & Benya, :catwatching:

Hello IMOM Community, :felineicon:

As a member or a past member of IMOM's association there are a few issues I would like to share with all IMOM members. In the last few weeks or so I have been put under scrutiny about my financial affairs. I have followed IMOM's annual policy in regard of my financial review which I agree it should be done to make sure our donors are helping the pets in dire need. However, I am disappointed in the manner my review was put forward it is as if I am a criminal and I am trying to hide money that I don't have. My disability payments have decreased dramatically to $284.00 biweekly which leaves me very little to live. The ironic fascination that I had more money in my bank account than I should have had makes me a terrible person. If it were not for my mom and ex-wife, Benya and I would starve to death they have loaned me money for necessaries because I don't have much of a life to begin with. Another woman I love and has helped me through my upheaval times is my Landlord accepting a fraction of the rent I use to pay her and letting me use most of her utilities at no charge are all these people committing a crime or am I trying to hide something, I cannot show you any other bank accounts because there are none what I provided were my three last statements and four last pay stubs I was not instructed to show money borrowed from family members all I can say is that you cannot take blood from a stone.

The only one suffering in this whole ordeal is Benya which I love very much he hasn't anything to do with this conspiracy and neither do I. It would be a cruel and unjust action to terminate Benya's funding for a simple misunderstanding that could have been avoided in a more sensible manner. There is no reason for me to hide or engage in falsifying matters. If you feel Benya's treatments should be terminated that would be okay because we would not have to go through any more stress and the man upstairs will be the one to judge at the end.

Benya & I would like to thank you for helping us through some difficult times and giving me Benya up until now.

Thank you :catwatching:

The decision to close Benya's case was made by the committee after review of the case. It was a pleasure working with Ralph and Benya and we wish them both well.

Leslie :whitekitty:

IMOM DPF

Sign in to follow this