Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Cindy/IMOM

Benya Marcello

241 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Diabetes

Amount needed per month: $165

Neutered: Yes

Volunteer case worker: Leslie

Benya is an 11 year old LBK (little black kat) newly diagnosed with diabetes. Benya was originally accepted as an emergency case because he needed hospitalization due to seriously unregulated diabetes. IMOM pledged $500 and our wonderful angels came through with the balance needed to get Benya the emergency treatment he needed. (This thread was moved from our emergency forum, so the posts under this one begin at the time of Benya's hospitalization.)

Benya is home now and feeling much better, but his dad, who is on permanent disability, needs help with Benya's ongoing needs. Benya's dad loves him very much, saying "Benya is the only family I have in the world, and I am the only family he has." To read more about this special kitty, please visit his PIN page: http://www.imom.org/pin/dpf/benya-marcello.htm.

If Benya's story touches your heart and you'd like to make a donation, you can do so at http://www.imom.org/donation/online.htm. Please indicate that your donation is for DPF - Benya Marcello. No amount is too small, and one-time donations as well as monthly sponsorships are very much appreciated. Hopefully as Benya's diabetes becomes regulated his monthly costs will drop, but for now his vet (who has been very responsive about providing IMOM with information) wants to keep close tabs on him.

If you do make a donation to Benya, please consider making a token donation to our Operating Fund as well so that we can continue to cover our website and administrative expenses.

Thank you to all who have already donated to Benya, to those who are considering a donation, and to all who are keeping Benya and Ralph, his dad, in their thoughts.

Leslie :whitekitty:

IMOM DPF

Edited by Leslie IMOM

Thanking all of the monthly donors to IMOM for the assistance that has been offered to Benya up to this point.

Angels - please think of Benya if you are planning to donate today. We need to raise $573 so he can continue his treatment and get his diabetes regulated.

Hang in there Benya - LBK's are real special and I know the Angels won't let you down.

A donation is on its way in honor of my favorite LBK, The Awesome Cooper Beatty!!!

Celia

Why thank you Aunt Celia. You are my favorite Aunt Celia! I was just coming to update Benya's thread with the funds raised so far. Your post made me and my mom smile.

We do have some good news: Benya has $323 in donations so far. Since our goal is $548, we have $225 more to raise for another LBK!

Cooper :eight: for Benya :felineicon:

Update: Benya has $423 in donations so far. Since our goal is $548, we have $125 more to raise for another LBK!

Cooper :ten:

A CHALLENGE

For Sweet Ben GA of the Green Eyes, I did this challenge so will repeat it for Benya. We need $225, I'll match the first $115 so we can get things rolling! Let's go angels!

Kitty

Geez, that was fast!!! I didn't even get it posted! I'll do the $125 and save the challenge for another baby! $125 on its way!

Kitty

Welcome to IMOM Benya and dad. You certainly found the right place when you came upon IMOM. I have only been here a couple of weeks, but have found that the people that visit, live, are addicted to, stop by, are a remarkable bunch. Looks like you are going to hit AFR at lightning speed. Way to go Angels!

Melanie & Miss Ruby Mae :pp_animal_568:

WooHoo - you guys are awesome. I feel so proud to be a part of IMOM!!!

Can you imagine how happy and relieved Benya's dad is going to be when he is able to check Benyas' thread? I am so happy for him!!!

IMOM rocks!!!

Hi Benya's Dad!! Slight Correction: Benya was the only family you had--- looks like you can add IMOM to your family now.

Glad your baby is getting the help needed.

:five: Junebug and my Mommy

A CHALLENGE

For Sweet Ben GA of the Green Eyes, I did this challenge so will repeat it for Benya. We need $225, I'll match the first $115 so we can get things rolling! Let's go angels!

Kitty

Thank You, very much Kitty you don't understand how grateful I am, God bless You for your help.

Why thank you Aunt Celia. You are my favorite Aunt Celia! I was just coming to update Benya's thread with the funds raised so far. Your post made me and my mom smile.

We do have some good news: Benya has $323 in donations so far. Since our goal is $548, we have $225 more to raise for another LBK!

Cooper :eight: for Benya :felineicon:

Dear Aunt Celia, I am so grateful for your help, and support with my Benya, I really hope you are loved by your critters, because you are one awesome person. God bless You. I hope I can help you in the future.

Hi Benya's Dad!! Slight Correction: Benya was the only family you had--- looks like you can add IMOM to your family now.

Glad your baby is getting the help needed.

:five: Junebug and my Mommy

Absolutely, I really cannot believe the support I have been getting for my critter, I love IMOM and all the supporters involved.

Welcome to IMOM Benya and dad. You certainly found the right place when you came upon IMOM. I have only been here a couple of weeks, but have found that the people that visit, live, are addicted to, stop by, are a remarkable bunch. Looks like you are going to hit AFR at lightning speed. Way to go Angels!

Melanie & Miss Ruby Mae :pp_animal_568:

Thank You for your support, Melanie & Ruby Mae, I can't believe the response for my kitty has been dynamite.

Welcome Benya and dad. I was so glad to see the funds have been raised so fast. Miracles and magic happen here. What a handsome boy Benya is. How did you come by his name? Does he do anything special to wake you up in the morning? My kitty Tyson thinks that when I crawl in bed its time for snuggling and he lays by me and gives me kisses on my nose. I never plan on falling right to sleep when I get into bed with him around. My Kali is finally coming to for a good night pet. Can't wait to hear more about Benya.

Wow that was fast !!!

:catwatching:

So glad Benya has enough for treatment !

Michelle & Sydney

Wow, awesome! IMOMers are the best!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!! :happydance:

Ralph, how is Benya doing? Have you been to see him? I bet he is lonely, but when he comes home he should be feeling so much better!

Looking forward to hearing more about Benya.

Welcome Benya and dad. I was so glad to see the funds have been raised so fast. Miracles and magic happen here. What a handsome boy Benya is. How did you come by his name? Does he do anything special to wake you up in the morning? My kitty Tyson thinks that when I crawl in bed its time for snuggling and he lays by me and gives me kisses on my nose. I never plan on falling right to sleep when I get into bed with him around. My Kali is finally coming to for a good night pet. Can't wait to hear more about Benya.

Hello, everyone and thank you for your support and warm welcome, Benya's name comes from his fathers given name, derived from the Ukrainian origins.

Benya loves to jump into bed at any given moment and tickle my face with his whiskers, while purring by my side.

Lately, I have been feeling lonely but at the same time I feel a great sense of relief that Benya is getting the treatment he deserves.

I would like to thank your family for following Benya's story and may God bless you all.

Wow that was fast !!!

:catwatching:

So glad Benya has enough for treatment !

Michelle & Sydney

Thank You, for your support, we need more caring people like your selves in this world.

Wow, awesome! IMOMers are the best!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!! :happydance:

Ralph, how is Benya doing? Have you been to see him? I bet he is lonely, but when he comes home he should be feeling so much better!

Looking forward to hearing more about Benya.

Hello Leslie, I did visit Benya and it seems that he is adjusting very well with the initial treatment. He does seem a little depressed at the moment but I am sure he feels better and by the brighter color of his eyes,he seems much better already.

I would like to say" from the bottom of my heart to all the members at IMOM and the supporters", I could never have done this by my self and I love you all for helping Benya and his dad. God bless you all and thank you for everything.

Love: Ralph & Benya Marcello

Sign in to follow this