Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Ruby Mae Orman

196 posts in this topic

I do plan to stay around, but am kind of unhappy that Ruby is now in a forum that states (in the heading) that in most cases the pet is moved there because the owner did not follow IMOM policy. We followed it to the letter. As a matter of fact, my following it so closely is why we are here. Ruby will be a PIN again especially if this new vet is not interested in working with IMOM. I will then have to go back to the original doctor that provided all the info to IMOM.

I was hesitant to go to this second vet in the first place as she is just a general surgeon and the one that actually took xrays and recommended the surgery is a board certified ortho surgeon. I now wish I had not because the drive was very hard on Ruby and the seriousness of her condition has now been watered down. Do not misunderstand, I would be in heavan if Ruby did not need surgery, but I live with her and see her wince and her legs give out under her weight so I know she will. We will reapply and start all over forcing her to wait even longer for funding.

Everyone at IMOM is great and caring, but it takes time to raise funds and if we are honest it would certainly take more than one month to raise enough to fully fund Ruby. If she were allowed to continue we would at least have something in her fund at the end of the one month study period. Now, we will start again and she will suffer further decline while we do. I do not want to appear ungrateful I just think that the gun was jumped here without allowing for clarification from either vet. There are a lot of pets in need here and mine was one and hopefully, once I can get the doctor on the phone, will be again.

Good Morning...

I hope you have read the explanation of things...it's a GOOD THING...

Ruby Mae will still be considered to be an IMOM PIN again IF she needs the surgery.

You have done a TERRIFIC JOB posting...VERY GOOD INDEED.

Plus, you have found a TERRIFIC VET who really seems to care about Ruby Mae and her situation...

All the way around, things are GOOD...

If you need IMOM again you will be a PRO...you won't have all the confusion and stress that you had when you were first applying...

All of this amounts to a wonderful situation.

Please stay around the forum...you can still post on Ruby's thread...we want to know how she and you are doing...PLEASE...Judy

There's just no other forum that fits her right now.

Consider this her FEMA trailer on the net-and IMOM is much better at getting people out of that kind of situation than the US Govt!!!

Also, editing-

It took me a couple of months prior to each of Mariele's surgeries to get her schedule, my schedule, and my payments ready to go, and it really didn't bother her that much. Of course you feel bad, but each time I was better prepared.

And I have a poor foster dog who needs an FHO surgery but I have a senior dog with a staph infection, so I am holding off on that-and feel bad-but with the supplements, she actually seems to be doing fairly well.

I do highly recommend posting on Orthodogs.

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAA

Ortho Dogs is the best...they work in conjunction with IMOM so with two great organizations helping Ruby Mae you can't go wrong.

At least get an email into ORtho Dogs, tell them the situation, that you were going to begin fund raising on IMOM and that you went for a second opinion...IMOM put you on temporary hold and you want to get Ruby all the help you can so you are contacting Ortho Dog's to see if they can help or if you apply can you get ready for fund raising with them.

The more help available the merrier.

You will enjoy the folks on Ortho Dogs as well as IMOM...they are GREAT...and WONDERFUL with ideas to help Ruby...

Also, keep in touch with Tracy your caseworker...give her updates all the time as to the situation.

This month is going to go by quickly, just watch. Judy

I have been told that orthodogs is not accepting applications. When I went looking for them I found a yahoo group that I applied to be accepted to and was, but when I went looking for information I just found archived posts that were difficult to follow. Maybe that is not where I should be going, if not please give me a link or something. Thank you.

Ortho Dogs is the best...they work in conjunction with IMOM so with two great organizations helping Ruby Mae you can't go wrong.

At least get an email into ORtho Dogs, tell them the situation, that you were going to begin fund raising on IMOM and that you went for a second opinion...IMOM put you on temporary hold and you want to get Ruby all the help you can so you are contacting Ortho Dog's to see if they can help or if you apply can you get ready for fund raising with them.

The more help available the merrier.

You will enjoy the folks on Ortho Dogs as well as IMOM...they are GREAT...and WONDERFUL with ideas to help Ruby...

Also, keep in touch with Tracy your caseworker...give her updates all the time as to the situation.

This month is going to go by quickly, just watch. Judy

Thank you Jean you have been so wonderful. I am so sorry that all the work you put into the challenge was a waste of your time.

There's just no other forum that fits her right now.

Consider this her FEMA trailer on the net-and IMOM is much better at getting people out of that kind of situation than the US Govt!!!

Also, editing-

It took me a couple of months prior to each of Mariele's surgeries to get her schedule, my schedule, and my payments ready to go, and it really didn't bother her that much. Of course you feel bad, but each time I was better prepared.

And I have a poor foster dog who needs an FHO surgery but I have a senior dog with a staph infection, so I am holding off on that-and feel bad-but with the supplements, she actually seems to be doing fairly well.

I do highly recommend posting on Orthodogs.

Jean is one of the best cheerleaders around...she won't consider her time wasted...she will just jump right back in and do it again...

Don't get discouraged...it's going to be OK...

The folks here at IMOM know that this is only a temporary thing...Ruby Mae is going to get figured out here and then we'll just begin again...no one is going to give up, we just have a minor "bump in the road" of life here...

Your little girl is a sweetie and I know you want here to be fixed up quickly, and you'll do what you have to do to make it happen.

About Ortho Dogs...I did a search for them and you then you have to become a registered user to get on he yahoo forum...I had a struggle with it, but if you have questions they will certainly help you out...

The people there are great and may have some ideas and suggestions for you and Ruby.

HANG IN THERE...Judy

I was just thinking...

perhaps now is the time to get those donation cans out...how about a bake sale or a yard/garage sale?

Ask your friends, co workers, neighbors and relatives if they want to clean out their basements and garages...

You can be fund raising for a month now and when the month is up, you'll just be closer to the amount needed for Ruby's surgery...

Give that little girl a hug from all her friends at IMOM. Judy

Unfortunately, that is how I was going to raise my $500 portion of the bill. On a monthly basis my expenses are more than I bring home so I juggle and was planning on hitting up friends and trying sell some things. I will just have to start back at square one, but I am used to it. I am used to fighting for what I have and want. People/acquaintances that I know that do have the funds to help have not offered when given ample opportunity to do so. Not everyone values animals the same and that is something that I cannot change. I will continue to push forward and the moment the vet mentions surgery again I will have them fax a recommendation to IMOM.

I was just thinking...

perhaps now is the time to get those donation cans out...how about a bake sale or a yard/garage sale?

Ask your friends, co workers, neighbors and relatives if they want to clean out their basements and garages...

You can be fund raising for a month now and when the month is up, you'll just be closer to the amount needed for Ruby's surgery...

Give that little girl a hug from all her friends at IMOM. Judy

If she were allowed to continue we would at least have something in her fund at the end of the one month study period

I wasn't going to reply on this topic, but I changed my mind.

Let's take all personal feelings out of this and look at it from a strictly logical and business point of view. Logic is what all IMOM policies are based on. What is the most logical way for us to help as many pets as we can - when they need it.

Now, let's look at the big picture. We get tons of email from people who ask the same question. "My pet MAY need surgery in 30 days but I'm not sure yet". Can you help raise the money? The answer is, "no, you do not qualify". We'll do our best to help when the need for surgery has been confirmed. That is the logical, and truthful answer.

The only difference here is that you were already approved and fundraising had started when you changed your mind and wanted to give it 30 days with this new vet. Ruby Mae now became a "maybe" case. You are no longer qualified.

Let's assume IMOM does approve "maybe" cases for fundraising, in the event they may need surgery. We would be asking donors to send money for a pet who may not even need it. How fair is that to the ones who need it now? How fair is that to the donor? We have built up trust with our supporters, based on fact that we will never ask donors for money unless we know it's needed.

My advice - continue with the fundrasing you are doing outside of IMOM and keep the community advised of how you're doing. If it is determined that Ruby Mae still needs surgery you can pick up where you l left off at IMOM. Maybe with additional funds you raised outside of IMOM during this 30 days.

That's the attitude...

It's a shame that people cannot appreciate the unconditional love of an animal...

I am so fortunate to have friends that feel the same way, plus a wonderful who understands and cares about animals also.

It's great that you are planning the sales...GOOD FOR YOU...now we know that, we'll try to think of something else...

Watch, things are going to be OK...you have the drive and determination to do what you have to do for Ruby...just keep up the good work...

As Jacki said, keep IMOM informed on what you are doing...communication is the best thing...if everyone is on the same page, it will just make it EASIER...Judy

I do plan to stay around, but am kind of unhappy that Ruby is now in a forum that states (in the heading) that in most cases the pet is moved there because the owner did not follow IMOM policy.

Even before I read Jacki's post, I didn't think that's why Ruby's case was moved here. We've got cases where an animal definitely needs surgery or is currently undergoing cancer treatment, and it's not right to ask donors to contribute for a "maybe" situation. We all hope that Ruby won't have to have surgery, but if she does and you reapply to IMOM, we'll jump in to help. FWIW, I would go with the opinion of a Bd certified ortho. surgeon over a general surgeon when it comes to an orthopedic problem.

Also wanted to post this info from the OrthoDogs website, since we're all used to recommending that PIN parents apply to OSLF too:

Low Fund Availability Notice

OSLF has been hit hard recently with an extraordinarily high number of applications. Funds needed for active and pending cases total over $26,000, which far exceeds our current resources. We are very sad to say that we are not accepting any new applicants at this time, so that we may concentrate on fundraising for those dogs already accepted for assistance. This will remain in effect until further notice.

Please help make this a temporary situation by spreading the word to potential supporters, and donating if you are able. If now is not a good time for you to donate, perhaps you could help us through our other programs. Visit our Donation page for more information on helping through iGive, GoodSearch, Amazon, or other OSLF shopping outlets. Thank you so very much for your support.

~ OSLF Board of Directors, 7/31/2007

i'm sorry I don't know what FWIW means. That is why I pleaded with the committee to wait until I presented the general surgeons opinion to the board cert. that sent us here in the first place, so we could hear from a true expert, but no one wanted to wait. The first (ortho trained) surgeon did xrays and went over them with me. The second surgeon manipulated her knees and took no xrays, but suggested conservative wait and see. Now, I will feel it is my fault if my dog suffers more pain and possibly more damage because I was stupid enough to give this woman $107 trying find a cheaper alternative surgeon and it got her kicked off IMOM and this doctor makes the same suggestion the first one did in four weeks. Hopefully, you can understand my frustration. My girl is in the same shape she was in when I first approached IMOM, but because of me she is now back to square one. I would think everyone would understand my disappointment. It is not like I am trying to take away from anyone else. I want my girl well and able to run around.

Even before I read Jacki's post, I didn't think that's why Ruby's case was moved here. We've got cases where an animal definitely needs surgery or is currently undergoing cancer treatment, and it's not right to ask donors to contribute for a "maybe" situation. We all hope that Ruby won't have to have surgery, but if she does and you reapply to IMOM, we'll jump in to help. FWIW, I would go with the opinion of a Bd certified ortho. surgeon over a general surgeon when it comes to an orthopedic problem.

Also wanted to post this info from the OrthoDogs website, since we're all used to recommending that PIN parents apply to OSLF too:

Low Fund Availability Notice

OSLF has been hit hard recently with an extraordinarily high number of applications. Funds needed for active and pending cases total over $26,000, which far exceeds our current resources. We are very sad to say that we are not accepting any new applicants at this time, so that we may concentrate on fundraising for those dogs already accepted for assistance. This will remain in effect until further notice.

Please help make this a temporary situation by spreading the word to potential supporters, and donating if you are able. If now is not a good time for you to donate, perhaps you could help us through our other programs. Visit our Donation page for more information on helping through iGive, GoodSearch, Amazon, or other OSLF shopping outlets. Thank you so very much for your support.

~ OSLF Board of Directors, 7/31/2007

i'm sorry I don't know what FWIW means.

FWIW means For What It's Worth. Nothing more.

I've been reading the committee emails. I can understand your position, I really can. I almost said to the committee that I would be the same way about my pet.

Let me try to show you how it looks from our side though. You wrote us an email yesterday saying you took RM to another vet for a second opinion. This vet said that RM didn't need surgery yet. RM needed to try a med, exercise more and lose some weight. You would take RM back in a month for a recheck. At this point RM's surgery became a maybe. She no longer qualifies for IMOM assistance based on what Jacki and others said above.

IMOM has left the door open for you to reapply if after a month RM still needs the surgery and made it even simple. All you need to do is get a new estimate and agreement from the vet and complete the application again.

What I would do if I were in your position is I would fundraise like crazy locally. Many people gave good suggestions. I went back to your application to see if you were disabled (many of our applicants are) to see if getting a second job to earn some extra money to put toward surgery is an option for you. Nobody is telling you that since RM's surgery is a maybe that you can't earn extra money by getting a job or having a garage/bake sale, etc. You just can't fundraise on IMOM unless RM needs her surgery for sure. We have too many PINs who really do need the funds to keep a maybe up for fundraising.

What I would also do is stay active on the forum. Let people know what is going on with RM. Let them know what you are doing during these 30 days to raise funds on your own. Turn all this into a big positive for RM.

My .02,

Juli

The thing is, I did not change my mind. I was told by all the groups I approached prior to IMOM that the price was exhorbitant for LP surgery for my dog. I scheduled this appt. just as I was being accepted by IMOM and boy do I wish I had cancelled it now. I did not make a decision to go with this woman or the other I was just reporting what had happened. I wanted to go back to the first to see what she had to say about the opinion of this second woman, but before I could do that I was told Ruby Mae's case was being closed.

I wasn't going to reply on this topic, but I changed my mind.

Let's take all personal feelings out of this and look at it from a strictly logical and business point of view. Logic is what all IMOM policies are based on. What is the most logical way for us to help as many pets as we can - when they need it.

Now, let's look at the big picture. We get tons of email from people who ask the same question. "My pet MAY need surgery in 30 days but I'm not sure yet". Can you help raise the money? The answer is, "no, you do not qualify". We'll do our best to help when the need for surgery has been confirmed. That is the logical, and truthful answer.

The only difference here is that you were already approved and fundraising had started when you changed your mind and wanted to give it 30 days with this new vet. Ruby Mae now became a "maybe" case. You are no longer qualified.

Let's assume IMOM does approve "maybe" cases for fundraising, in the event they may need surgery. We would be asking donors to send money for a pet who may not even need it. How fair is that to the ones who need it now? How fair is that to the donor? We have built up trust with our supporters, based on fact that we will never ask donors for money unless we know it's needed.

My advice - continue with the fundrasing you are doing outside of IMOM and keep the community advised of how you're doing. If it is determined that Ruby Mae still needs surgery you can pick up where you l left off at IMOM. Maybe with additional funds you raised outside of IMOM during this 30 days.

We all know that you were trying to do the right thing!

It's so hard because you have done everything right-but at this point you aren't feeling that you have.

But you have!

Like I said, that month is actually great for seeing what you can do. I wasn't thinking in terms of fundraising, but I like to have a month to prep my dog and myself for surgery. The fundraising is a good thing too-we can give you lots of ideas.

In my month (at least) I like to do research and post questions to friends and on as many boards as I can handle (usually this one, the GSD board, orthodogs, and maybe Dr Welton's). LOL! This is one of the reasons Ilsa has not yet had her surgery-I am waffling, in addition to Nina's problem.

I like to get the dog very lean. When Anna had her surgery she was a gross 41#! EWW! So skinny but they said it was incredibly helpful to her. Let me tell you, we had to wait for her to have her surgery because of equipment changes at Cornell, and I do believe that was a life threatening wait because her fistula was getting bigger and bigger. Link to a post (that will get all of your tongues wagging) with her fistula picture: http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbth...ge=2#Post438432

I like to try to build up their immune systems. I am crazy and ask if they can have abx before surgery (no one will let me but I ask). I try to give them the healthiest food I can and supplement with any vitamins they might need. I get their bloodwork done in advance so there are no surprises the day of surgery.

I think if you look at this way-you don't have to of course-you will see that my system-HAHAHAHAHAHA! is the best. LOL-I worked until 4 am last night and haven't stopped since I got up this morning and am cracking myself up.

But seriously, I am right. Not even looking at all the IMOM stuff-and believe me they will bend over backwards to help you-the weight loss, time to fundraise a little, getting yourself mentally prepared for the 2 months of aftercare, seeing pictures of little Mariele's raw chicken leg all stithced up like Frankenstein-you stick around for this time and things will go smoothly.

It's hard to have faith when you haven't seen all the cases that all us IMOM "old ladies" have, and I was nervous as...well...as I can be (that's pretty nervous) when I was here for Anna-that we would not get her funds in because there were 3 cancer cases I think that required a lot of money.

I will also say that I would NEED this month to figure out who to trust in terms of her treatment.

We've got the expensive ortho surgeon who may or may not have missed an ACL problem, then we've got the conservative non-ortho vet who says at a 2-3 she's not sure she's ready for surgery! VERY CONFUSING!!!!

So let's take this time to figure everything out.

Don't worry about my challenge. I am a weirdo who has thoughts pop into my head (Chow Mix Chex Mix Challenge) and I am sure they will continue to do so!

Now go to my little Anna's thread in Happy Endings-click on her story that Jacki did and you can read a little about that whole thing. It took from August diagnosis to December surgery-and even though it was scary, that is what had to happen.

You'll be okay-these people, I would trust with my pet's life-and that is not something I say lightly.

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAA

The thing is, I did not change my mind. I was told by all the groups I approached prior to IMOM that the price was exhorbitant for LP surgery for my dog. I scheduled this appt. just as I was being accepted by IMOM and boy do I wish I had cancelled it now. I did not make a decision to go with this woman or the other I was just reporting what had happened. I wanted to go back to the first to see what she had to say about the opinion of this second woman, but before I could do that I was told Ruby Mae's case was being closed.

Melanie,

What you said in your email appeared that you changed your mind on immediate surgery. You said:

She suggested that we try a very low dose of Prevacox, make sure that she gets very regular exercise and works on losing a little weight and goes back for a visit in one month. I am also supposed to study how she walks and runs and try to determine which leg she favors.. I have to call her in a week to let her know how things are going. So that is where we are right now. To me, this is good new as it will allow us time to raise some funds for the little girl.

Whatever happens, make a positive out of this situation. Figure out what is in the best interest of RM, get it in writing from the vet and reapply if RM needs the surgery. If RM can wait a month, then use that time to do fundraising outside of IMOM.

Juli

You also no longer qualified because you said you were going to use a vet that you don't know will work with us. That is another qualification for assistance. It makes no sense for us to be accepting donations that may not be able to be used because the vet doesn't accept our payment policy. Had you told the committee you were getting a second opinion, we would have pointed this out but we learned of it after the fact.

You've stated several times it would take you more than 30 days to raise funds here. Our policy is you only have 30 days to raise funds. We have made exceptions, but that is still the policy. You need to plan on that timeframe.

Much as you think otherwise, you haven't lost anything by being told to reapply. No one would have donated to her once it was known that surgery wasn't definite. Trust me, they wouldn't, not when other pets are hurting that can have treatment right away. IMOM, however, will be able to focus on other pets in the meantime. That may not mean anything to you, but to an overloaded group of volunteers (we just shut down the VIP fund due to lack of help), it means a lot to not have to maintain and manage a case that may never come to fruition. But should Ruby Mae need that surgery, we'll be there for her again. It's what we do. Maybe you should be glad for that, be grateful that we even exist and that you have a place you can come back to rather than focus on how in your eyes, we've wronged Ruby Mae.

Cindy/IMOM

It means a lot to me that IMOM is able to help other pets that need assistance and I am a lot hurt that you would think otherwise. I was overjoyed to find your organization and repeatedly said so both on the forum and to everyone I have spoken to since finding you. I do not believe that anyone has wronged Ruby Mae and don't think I implied that you had. What I did say was I would have appreciated a chance to confirm with the doctor 1. that she did definitely think surgery was a maybe (could have been my hopeful/wishful thinking/perception) 2. whether she would accept IMOM if I chose to take her as my new vet.

I only did the second opinion because my regular everyday vet said she would probably be less expensive than the first and I thought what better way to ensure that no money from iMOM would be wasted and could go to other PINS. It was also a way to see if this practice was a lot higher than other local hospitals. The appt was set up before I was accepted. I was not aware and had not asked this other vet if they would be willing to work with IMOM because I had not made any decision to change vets, this was to comparison shop.

It is not uncommon for me to speak before thinking and I take complete blame for possibly overstating things about this appointment. If you look back I believe that I said "I"was the one responsible. I think that anyone that has spoken to me over the last week knows that I was not blaming anyone other than myself.

This second doctor said things that I want/wish to believe but because she had nothing to go on other than feeling my girls legs I have to, when I think with my brain rather than my heart cannot carry the same weight as the doctor that is trained in orthopedic surgery that took xrays as well as doing a physical examination. I understand how overworked you all are and have said how I would love to be able to volunteer in any way to give back to IMOM for being so kind to me and even more so after I get my girl back in shape. I also know that there will always be more animals in need than you can ever help.

I don't know how long it has been since you have been in my position, but the fear and hopelessness I felt before finding IMOM was lifted and I felt on top of the world when I was accepted and yesterday I felt it all fall right back down on my shoulders, like the rug was pulled out from under me and I fell apart. I honestly felt that trying to find a cheaper alternative was doing a good thing for IMOM and all the other PINS, but If you all feel that you do not want me to return to IMOM I will stay away. That is certainly not what I want, but it is your organization.

Melanie Orman

You also no longer qualified because you said you were going to use a vet that you don't know will work with us. That is another qualification for assistance. It makes no sense for us to be accepting donations that may not be able to be used because the vet doesn't accept our payment policy. Had you told the committee you were getting a second opinion, we would have pointed this out but we learned of it after the fact.

You've stated several times it would take you more than 30 days to raise funds here. Our policy is you only have 30 days to raise funds. We have made exceptions, but that is still the policy. You need to plan on that timeframe.

Much as you think otherwise, you haven't lost anything by being told to reapply. No one would have donated to her once it was known that surgery wasn't definite. Trust me, they wouldn't, not when other pets are hurting that can have treatment right away. IMOM, however, will be able to focus on other pets in the meantime. That may not mean anything to you, but to an overloaded group of volunteers (we just shut down the VIP fund due to lack of help), it means a lot to not have to maintain and manage a case that may never come to fruition. But should Ruby Mae need that surgery, we'll be there for her again. It's what we do. Maybe you should be glad for that, be grateful that we even exist and that you have a place you can come back to rather than focus on how in your eyes, we've wronged Ruby Mae.

Cindy/IMOM

Melanie, I can understand how you are feeling you are at a scary place right now, thinking that you did something wrong and Ruby Mae is paying the price.

If I can suggest something and I hope I am not out of line, but maybe you should take a day or two to collect your emotions. It may help to go back to the beginning of RM thread and re-read all the wonderful replies and support you both were receiving. We are not going anywhere and if RM needs to have surgery, we will be here.

You have witnessed first hand how IMOM's Angels come together when an animal is in dire need. We work according to the pets need, which means if an animal needs immediate care, we fundraise like crazy to help that animal because we know they are on borrowed time. If a pet needs surgery but it is not an emergency, IMOM and IMOM's angels will do everything in their power to help raise money for that PIN to make sure he/she gets funded for surgery.

By closing RM case does not mean we closed the door, if you can just take a step back and think about it like this. If you informed everyone on the forum that RM may not need surgery, but your vet wants you to come back in 30 days to see if at that time surgery will be required. Do you honestly believe you would still have the same impact as one of the other PIN's that needs surgery much sooner then 30 days. You are now 2nd guessing yourself and the 2nd vet, but if we did not close your case, would you be 2nd guessing yourself? I don't think so, I think you would follow the vet's instructions and work with RM on losing weight, excerising and come back to us after 30 days and say. Well my vet confirm that RM does or does not need surgery. Which you still can do now.

I hope you find peace within yourself, you did nothing wrong but love RM and had her best interest at heart by seeking a 2nd opinion. A lot can happen in 30 days, a lot can happen in 7 days, just take one day at a time and keep us informed.

Good luck to you and hugs to RM.

Melanie...NO ONE WANTS YOU TO STAY AWAY...

Everyone is supporting you and Ruby Mae...I don't know what you are seeing in the posts but it's all POSITIVE...

Think of Ruby Mae...in one month she may need surgery...let's get back on the right track and campaign for your little girl...

I hope you both have a great week end and spend alot of quality time together...Hugs, Judy

I can't imagine how you were feeling before you found IMOM but you said after you did you felt as if a cloud had been lifted...Remember that feeling...it's still there...

We are here to support you and Ruby Mae and we will stay here until Ruby gets the help she needs...please know that...

Edited by Judy

Melanie: My role with IMOM right now is a "neutral", as I am only a cheerleader and donor. That said, I can understand your panic, but let me reassure you, I don't think you need to, and I am positive you are not being abandoned.

I'm also one of the accounting types who looks as budgets in the short term and long term. Read carefully what Diane said in her posting, because it is absolutely true. At this point in time, the medical expert you took Ruby Mae to is suggesting delay of surgery, while alternatives are tried. Don't write off that the alternatives might be successful and surgery can be avoided. If you are writing that off, you are saying you don't have faith in the medical care provider you are working with.

When the time comes, if it comes, please trust that we will work as hard for Ruby Mae as we are for those animals who currently have a smaller window of opportunity for successful outcomes. As a donor, I favor those who seem to appreciate the efforts of the volunteers. They are a very hard working bunch, who occasionally get too tired and their messages sometimes sound a little rough, but I guarantee their hearts are not.

Melanie,

Checking in on Ruby Mae. Sorry your case has been closed, but mine was at first because of some paperwork screw up on my part and then I re-applied and got accepted. They do work so hard on here to help all of us, so I hope that you are able to re-apply and be accepted.

In the meantime, wanted to say that I just loved the pics of Ruby Mae. She is a heartbreaker. What a little doll baby. You and she will be in our prayers, and hopefully you will get the help you need for your girl soon!

Hang in there. It isn't over until it is over. Sometimes, things take a turn for a reason we don't understand, and then they get worked out!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

Hi Melanie,

Ok...let's go forward! :banana:

U said u needed to still get the $500 from ur end that u don't have yet (and that amount will be required from IMOM)--at least I think that's what u said.

So...we can help u keep a tally of what u get from bake sales, friends, car washes, yard sales, family, cans...or however u are getting it.

You can post Ruby's weight every week (if u have scales at home) and we can lose weight with Ruby!

Ummm lots to do in a months time. Plus u have the exercises, etc for Ruby (hmmm we can do an exercise with Ruby too)!! :banana:

We will have :cool026: if Ruby doesn't need surgery!!!

If she does have surgery, u will have ur $500 at the ready, she will be skinnier and healthier which will help with anesthesia and recovery, and whoo-hoo--the angels will be jumping in to help.

Even if she doesn't ever have surgery--u are a part of this community--forever--or as long as YOU want.

Thanks so much for being SO supportive of other PIN's. I especially thank u for coming to the boys thread--I hope u know u are an important part of this community!!

Hugs, and have a safe holiday!!

Hay Cindy;

Great idea brewing here, thanks to you! Lets make this an "unofficial" fundraiser. Here's the idea. RM needs to lose weight and as Cindy eluded to, so do some of us here in cyperspace....lets make it an unofficial challenge!

Melanie, can you post here what RM weighs right now and each week for the next 30 days? The IMOM angels don't have to post their weight...maybe just how much you plan to lose in the next 30 days and then the fundraising can begin...

For every pound you lose in 30 days set aside $5.00

For every pound you gain in 30 days set aside $10.00

Then if Ruby Mae becomes an active case again you can donate that money to her and if she gets better and doesn't need surgery you can donate it to another active PIN at that time!

Anyone in......