Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Ruby Mae Orman

196 posts in this topic

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday. Miss Ruby and I took a stroll this morning and she fell in love with a cream colored long haired kitty across the street. For some reason the kitty was not as enamored of Ruby as she was of it! I explained to Ruby that she might have to love this kitty from afar if she did not want to be cut to ribbons. Sometimes these interspecies relationships just do not work out.

LOL! Ruby sounds like she just loves everyone. She does sound a bit like a kitty, with the rubbing she likes to do.

I hope the rest of your and Ruby Mae's day goes well.

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Yes, Tracy you can see why I adore the little she-devil! Personality plus is what comes to mind! Thanks for the well wishes. I want to forward them to CJ & Sydney on the other threads. The two of them are breaking my heart. I haven't cried so much in a long time, but in a way it was good (don't know how to explain what I mean) crying.

I had to laugh today when the surgeon's office called me to tell me they could not find Ruby's x-rays to send along for her second opinion on Wed. I'm sure this doc will want to take new ones anyway!! Things could be worse.

Anyway, Ruby and I hope the rest of your day is awesome as well. Watch for some new Rubilicious pictures tonight.

LOL! Ruby sounds like she just loves everyone. She does sound a bit like a kitty, with the rubbing she likes to do.

I hope the rest of your and Ruby Mae's day goes well.

Some new pictures of Miss Rubilicious Orman

[attachmentid=4528]

I surprised her while she was lying in wait for the hummingbird to come for a snack. As I am writing this he is there eating right now and we caught them both in a picture (coming soon). I don't know why she is so quiet with the hummingbird. Maybe she thinks it is a bug because she usually barks at every animal that enters her domain.

This is one of her favorite perches. she sits in the window like a cat. The squirrels have learned to come up to the window and get her attention. They know that as soon as she starts barking unsalted peanuts soon follow! We had a very snowy winter about 4 yrs ago and the squirrels would be on the piles of snow outside the window. It was so high they could just sit right there at eye level.

[attachmentid=4526]

"My that nectar looks tasty"

For such a tiny thing she has the largest tongue! WHen she gets hot or stressed at the vet her tongue expands to about two inches wide. You can barely see her face when she pants.

She can be a "yappy little dog" as my boss calls her, but it is because she is so excited about everything. Because of her desire to be a mother earlier in life my boss also calls her my "lactating dog." He tries to act all tough, but give Ruby an hour and she would have him eating out of her paw. Hopefully, you can all see why I love her so much and why I cannot bear the thought of her in pain.

post-2052-1188256601_thumb.jpg

post-2052-1188257458_thumb.jpg

I have been writing a lot about my girl and I realized I have been kind of skirting the issue about her condition. I may be doing that to protect myself. Before my application was accepted by IMOM I was not sleeping, crying off and on throughout the day and just being all around miserable. Like clockwork I would wake up at 4 a.m. every morning after going to bed at 11 or 11:30. I would sit here at the computer trying to find a group/site that held as much promise as IMOM (who was not accepting applications) and was having no luck.

While her life is not in imminent danger, Ruby does run the risk of the damage becoming so severe she could be crippled. Her legs have started to bow and they tell me that the more that happens the more difficult it is to repair. I am so afraid of going to that second opinion appt. on Wed. and having the surgeon tell me the damage is already too much. Each time I see her sit down on her way to the kitchen or livingroom or her rear end give out when she steps down her doggie steps I feel my heart skip a beat. I try to lift her up and down everywhere but she is a very independent and lively girl and wants no part of it. She is learning to wait for me to grab her to get down off the couch, but if there is an animal outside forget it.

The vet we are going to is 40 minutes away and Ruby is not fond of long trips so I have asked my sister to go along and try to keep everyone's mind off how long it takes to get there. Now that the animal hospital has lost the x-rays I will definitely be on the hook for a new set although I probably would have been anyway. I love to talk about sweet Ruby and the silly things she does. they are the things that help make her so endearing, but I need to keep telling you that she is also experiencing pain and hopes you will look into those eyes and do whatever you can, no matter how small. Eternally grateful would not even begin to convey our feelings for IMOM and friends.

[attachmentid=4530]

post-2052-1188260396_thumb.jpg

Ruby and the hummingbird. It is kind of hard to see so we cut out and enlarged the bird so you can better find it on the Ruby picture.

[attachmentid=4532] [attachmentid=4533]

I am amazed that the bird continued to feed with her sitting there. He must have been mesmerized by her beauty.

post-2052-1188264636_thumb.jpg

post-2052-1188264686_thumb.jpg

Very cool hummingbird picture!!!!

Ummm...I believe IMOM is being defrauded. Are they aware that they have accepted a Muppet for funding!?!?! Adorable pictures-I bet she'd scare the pants off of the dogs here (not that they wear pants...)! And if she had one of her hysterical pregnancies, they'd run for the hills. That is...hysterical! But odd...but sweet. But...I've never met a dog that did that.

Once again, I forget if I asked if they "graded" her knees?

My little Mariele had a 3 before surgery. Her other knee is a 1 that we are monitoring. She's some kind of Spitzy/Chow mix. She had to have surgery twice though because she regrew tissue. Common? No-in like 20 years of being a vet, my vet has never seen it. Nor had any of the other vets. So don't worry about that.

www.lupinepet.com has martingales but maybe too big for Ruby.

:banana: Get Ready For Super Tuesday-okay, pretty darn special Tuesday? :banana:

“The Ruby Mae Super Duper Totally Unscientific World Wide... Presidential Straw Poll”

$1=1 vote FOR a candidate

$2=1 vote AGAINST a candidate

Budget accordingly!

Please specify so we may keep track of the vote tally! If you do not want to post, please PM me after your donation has been confirmed-although this is all in fun so no worries there.

Vote for all your favorites! Or against your least favorites!

The candidate who has the most votes (and this could be the lowest negative number actually) will be named the IMOM Presidential Candidate Winner*.

I will do a nightly tally of votes and post for the next day. This will be a Tuesday-Tuesday challenge, ending 11:59 EST next Tuesday. Beginning now!

*Winning IMOM candidate will not actually be able to assume the Presidency.

Let me know if you have questions!

IPB Image

Example $20 donation-

5 votes TO Mike Gravel ($5)

5 votes TO Barack Obama ($5)

5 votes AGAINST Mitt Romney for driving with his sick dog attached to the top of the car ($10)

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAA

:roll: LOL Jean! I love it!! I like how it costs more to vote against a candidate than to vote for him/her. And you've got a lot larger selection than many ballots I've seen. THere have been several elections where I've threatened to write in Cody. I just don't think America is ready for a prez who sleeps in the Oval Office 19 hours a day ;)

All right everybody, get your ballots/voting machines ready for Super Tuesday. It's all for a good cause - helping little Ruby Mae get her surgery. Her mom is doing a great job trying to rally support and donations. Let's give them a "vote of approval" (yuk yuk :)

I just don't think America is ready for a prez who sleeps in the Oval Office 19 hours a day ;)

Hmmmm. ummmm... must NOT comment.

Oh heck, I have to ... Hasn't this one been sleeping for his entire term ? :roll:

Cute idea Jean ... thanks for coming up with something to help little Ruby Mae !!

Michelle & Sydney

Hee hee, Michelle beat me to the punch with the comment about sleeping... :lol:

C'mon angels, here's your chance to not only participate in a very important unscientific straw poll, but also to help the adorable Ruby Mae!

OMG Jean this is too funny :peeing: and very very clever.yeah this election stuff started wayyy tooo early. :lol: I think Cody for president may be a good idea and with Coot as VP. :cool026:

and don't get me started on politics...if you know what i mean :roll:

p

and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj

Hey, Paula brings up a good point. Can we have write-in candidates? Coot thinks Cody would make a fantastic president, and he'd be happy to serve as The Grody One's veep.

Wow, thank you all so much! I was really feeling down last night and to get up to all of this is wonderful. Thank you Jean for being so creative. It's funny you mention muppet because I have always thought Ruby Mae looked like a Gremlin before it is fed (they call them Mogwah I think) and I believe they were created by Jim Henson!

I am hoping to find out tomorrow what grade her knees are and will report as soon as I return from the appointment. I have to call the other surgeon again today to ask them to do another search for her xrays. They are too expensive to lose. I don't know about you all, but I think a dog and cat prez and vice prez would be great. With a cats laid back attitude we would have no wars and with a dogs usual friendliness we would definitely use diplomacy more frequently. And what better judges of character!

I have to get ready for work, but hope to respond more a little later. Again, thank you all for giving me a much needed lift. Fortunately, Ruby rarely needs one as she is such a happy go lucky girl and a belly scratch or venison snack will usually do the trick.

Melanie

Hey, Paula brings up a good point. Can we have write-in candidates? Coot thinks Cody would make a fantastic president, and he'd be happy to serve as The Grody One's veep.

HEY! That can be a whole nother challenge! YES-people who want to get their pets on the ballot have to make a donation and then voting can commence. Well, that's good-one idea taken care of!!! NICE!!!

Please do vote if you can. It is our duty as IMOM-Americans.

And don't forget Ben has a quick challenge for today (I think it could be done in a day) so if Ruby doesn't get a lot of votes happening today that makes sense.

Melanie-be sure to send friends the challenge-they may want to vote-and feel free to send to any campaigns you'd like to (except maybe Mitt Romney's considering what I posted about him).

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAA

Hi Melanie,

That's so cool that you and Ruby Mae got to meet John Edwards, and get photos taken as well. How neat! Great pics, all of them.

I don't think there's any such thing as "too chatty" here :) Folks love to hear from the applicants, as often as you feel like posting. It shows that you're really trying to let people get to know Ruby Mae better. And we love hearing about Rubilicious (I love that nickname :)

Hi Melanie,

Boy, John Edwards is a babe. I don't blame you or Ruby for having your tongues out. I would have, too, lmao! Hope your girl is hanging in until you get all the funds you need! I keep her in my prayers and Mollie is rooting for her too, so hang in, it will happen!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

P.S. LOVE her new pics. What a cutie pie! Oh, and I weren't a PIN, I would be putting in TONS of votes against Hillary. Sorry Hillary fans, but I just can't hack her, lol. I am a Biden fan myself.............

lol, I hear you on Hillary. I don't think there is anything that bad about her and I would love to see a woman as president, she just rubs me the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, if she is the nominee I will probably go with her, but I like Edwards and Biden and I wish people would stop looking at media polls and give them a chance. It seems that once ABC or NBC does a poll everyone kind of just fades to the background.

I met Biden once when I was younger and he was running. My mom was a GM of a local hotel and we were exposed to all the candidates. I remember Rosalind Carter most of all, very nice woman. The best memory though, was my mom making Ted Kennedys steak. The Secret Service was all over the hotel for his visit and had done background checks on all the employees and it seems the only one they trusted to make his dinner was my mom. She was thrilled as she was allowed to bring it up and deliver it as well. Him I only got to see from a distance as there was always a huge crowd around him.

I did also like the suggestion of President Grody(licious). Those yard signs would be great. John Edwards is too cute. My boyfriend gave me a hard time about the tongue all that whole night! I swear it was the heat ;-)

Thank you and thank sweet Mollie as well, for Ruby Mae and I. Isn't if funny how we will just do anything for our little "love muffins." They just knock down all of our defenses. I will continue to try and add new pictures. I am biased but isn't she just the cutest thing? I can't imagine what the pics would be like if she posed.

Hi Melanie,

Boy, John Edwards is a babe. I don't blame you or Ruby for having your tongues out. I would have, too, lmao! Hope your girl is hanging in until you get all the funds you need! I keep her in my prayers and Mollie is rooting for her too, so hang in, it will happen!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

P.S. LOVE her new pics. What a cutie pie! Oh, and I weren't a PIN, I would be putting in TONS of votes against Hillary. Sorry Hillary fans, but I just can't hack her, lol. I am a Biden fan myself.............

Please don't discount a nap in the Oval office. We might be in better shape today if there were a little more napping going on there! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Ruby Mae & Melanie

Hee hee, Michelle beat me to the punch with the comment about sleeping... :lol:

C'mon angels, here's your chance to not only participate in a very important unscientific straw poll, but also to help the adorable Ruby Mae!

LOL to Laurie and Michelle's sleeping comments :lol: Heck, then, if sleeping all day in the White House is allowed, then maybe Cody for Prez isn't such a bad campaign platform ;) And of course Coot has to be his running mate :) 2 cats running the country - I can think of much worse :roll:

My boyfriend gave me a hard time about the tongue all that whole night! I swear it was the heat ;-)
:roll: LOl Melanie!!! Too funny!

Angels, your vote counts! Whoever you vote for (or against), it's all for a grrrrrreat cause! :banana:

Tracy, and Cody too (hmmm, President Grodylicious? I like the sound of that) :):heart::stripekitty:

Nothing for me to tally yet?

Someone stole this idea, by the way!

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/09/magazines/...sion=2007081407

This challenge will last for one week. SO I don't want to hear any of you in Florida saying you couldn't read the ballot, because there's plenty of time to ask, or you in Ohio saying they were closing the polls on you!

Trying to find out when Pita goes in for the pet challenge. It would be great if it worked out so that she goes in one week after...but she needs less money...pardon me for thinking out loud all over this thread...

So what's the donation level needed to get a write-in candidate on the ballot? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Ruby Mae would like a cabinet position if Grodylicious and Cody take office. Maybe Homeland Security Czar. She is a great judge of character and can be quite vicious when she wants. I think she thinks she is a large breed watchdog sometimes.

I am not too sure what Jean has in mind for nominating furry friends for office. She is quite creative though.

Ruby Mae truly believes that she is a human. One of her favorite things in life is Coffeemate Hazelnut creamer. She discovered it years ago when she decided to stick her little nose right into a cup of coffee on the coffee table. It became a battle of wits. She would do everything possible to get while we would try and do everything to keep her out! If you did not use a travel mug with a lid coasters would have to sit on top of the mug if you didn't intend to share.

One day I left a cup on a window sill in the livingroom and just forgot about it. A little later I went in and the cup was nearly empty. Ruby was running around like a mad woman. when I sat on the couch she came and stood on the floor in front of me, panting and staring at me with big glassy eyes. She would not sit she was just on a caffeine rush. I immediately called the vet and they told me that coffee was toxic. I about died. She suggested I give Ruby 1/2 a valium and thank god it worked, but until she finally laid down and went to sleep she was a total spazz. Her eyes were just so wide open and I felt like I was in a basketball game and she was guarding me. She just ran back and forth in front of me wanting me to do something, anything.

As the years have gone on the vet said if she only has a sip or two that is ok and I thought she only cared about the sweet hazelnut anyway. WRONG! While she enjoys a drop of coffee in a splash of hazelnut in the morning she will also try to drink my dunkin donuts iced coffee with milk as well. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Trust me she gets only the tiniest amount of coffee with her cream, but it is a morning ritual that she expects, no demands.

If she doesn't get it she will stand next to me on the couch and with her little front legs, walk out toward the end of my arm where the cup is. If you try to ignore it, she will stand on your abdomen or chest and stare into your eyes when you take a sip and sometimes try to stick her little nose in there while you are drinking. I know, in this case she is a naughtly girl and I am bad for letting her get away with it. I do love her with every bit of my heart though. :spot

On the Ruby wants what Ruby wants vein. I once rushed her to the animal hospital thinking she had gotten an Ibuprofen off the coffee table only to find it on the floor later. Ruby is famous for stealing small items so you will chase her. All of my hair brush handles are chewed up because she will grab them and run under a couch and chew them forever. Anything small enough for her to carry away. So when the tablet was gone I naturally assumed she had taken it.

So Ruby had some lovely charcoal poured down her little throat and spent the afternoon at the hospital. Turned out to be a false alarm and boy was I the black sheep that afternoon. Her beautiful hair had little black gobs of charcoal all over and she was very unhappy. She no longer steals much, but she is fixated on chewing things that belong to me. Mascara or other makeup containers shaped like mascara. She is my little daredevil and unfortunately she takes the brunt when she scares me as I drag her little heinie right to the vet. You can never be too careful.

Hopefully no one thinks I am a bad caretaker after these last two tales. I just have a very precocious girl that keeps me guessing.

Melanie :peeing: