Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Ruby Mae Orman

196 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Luxating patellas on both hind legs

Amount of estimate: $2504. Applicant can contribute $1000 ($500 from Care Credit, $500 from personal funds). We need to raise $1504

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Case worker: Tracy

Ruby Mae Orman is an adorable Yorkie who loves everyone and other animals, especially kitties. She needs surgery to correct luxating patellas on both hind legs.

Please read her story and view her picture on her page: http://www.imom.org/pin/general/rubymae-orman.htm

Donations can be made at http://www.imom.org/donation/

Please designate all donations for: GF - Ruby Mae Orman

No amount is too small. Please consider a token donation to our Operating Fund to help offset website and administrative expenses.

Her mom originally came to us last month when we were closed. Sweet Ruby has been needing this surgery for a while. Please help her get fixed up and out of pain.

Thanks angels!! :Angel15:

Tracy/IMOM :heart::stripekitty:

Edited by Tracy IMOM

I cannot express how grateful and excited I was to get the news that Miss Ruby Mae was accepted for fundraising. I have sent the link to her page out to everyone I can think of. To update..we have an appt with another surgeon next week to get her take on Ruby's condition. This weekend Ruby will be shopping presidential candidates stumping here in New Hampshire. Tomorrow she and I will attend a "town Hall" meeting with John Edwards. I contacted his campaign and asked if he could pose for a photo with Ruby that we can pass on to IMOM friends. One of my friends posted the information about her and the link on an electric bulletin board where she works.

I think Ruby was wondering why I was so giddy this morning. I tell her everyday what a beautiful girl she is, but this morning I was walking on clouds. This morning was the first morning in a month that I did not have a black cloud hanging over me. IMOM is (cannot find a word descriptive enough) so amazing. I am so happy to see that there are so many caring people out there. This dog is my baby and so full of spirit that it crushes me to see her limp or one of her legs give out. I swear I feel physical pain when I look at her. I will try to put up pictures everyday. I want to bring you all into her daily life through pictures. We also have an appt at the beauty shop next week and I hope to snap a pic while she is being primped. Because she is a yorkie and had endlessly growing hair it is important to keep her groomed. I hope people do not feel I am blowing money having her groomed. It is a luxury a long haired dog cannnot do without. I think she feels pretty afterwards and I love to see her strut her stuff!

I hope you all get to know her and love her as much as I do! Thank you all for being wonderful people and please consider helping us if you can.

Amount of estimate: $2504. Applicant can contribute $1000 ($500 from Care Credit, $500 from personal funds). We need to raise $1504

Ruby Mae Orman is an adorable Yorkie who loves everyone and other animals, especially kitties. She needs surgery to correct luxating patellas on both hind legs.

Please read her story and view her picture on her page: http://www.imom.org/pin/general/rubymae-orman.htm

No amount is too small. Please consider a token donation to our Operating Fund to help offset website and administrative expenses.

Her mom originally came to us last month when we were closed. Sweet Ruby has been needing this surgery for a while. Please help her get fixed up and out of pain.

Two KNEEDY PINS (get it-knee-dy?!?!)

Great job in sending this out to everyone. You never know how far those will go!

I cannot wait to see Ruby (love that name) with John Edwards. Have her ask him about health care. ;) You are probably getting a lot of candidates coming in.

It is amazing how that black cloud does lift on IMOM. I totally understand what you mean. I had a foster PIN and IMOM saved my sanity I think. Or as much as possible...

Thanks for the words of encouragement Jean. I love this dog so much it hurts! I am very hopeful and lord knows I can be wordy which is what IMOM recommends. I know what you mean about the sanity part!! Some of my coworkers think I am crazy, but they hope they are reincarnated as one of my pets. Thank you for being so welcoming.

I think Ruby has a number of tough questions to ask the candidates and I will be right there to document the encounter for everyone. Who knows, Ruby just might pick the next president.

Take care,

Ruby Mae (Rubilicious) & Melanie

Two KNEEDY PINS (get it-knee-dy?!?!)

Great job in sending this out to everyone. You never know how far those will go!

I cannot wait to see Ruby (love that name) with John Edwards. Have her ask him about health care. ;) You are probably getting a lot of candidates coming in.

It is amazing how that black cloud does lift on IMOM. I totally understand what you mean. I had a foster PIN and IMOM saved my sanity I think. Or as much as possible...

Thank you for the welcome Diana,

From your lips to gods ears. We want to send a hug back to everyone at IMOM!

Welcome to IMOM. Sending lots of hugs and prayers that Ruby Mae will be funded soon.

Welcome Melanie:

We're sure glad to see you here. :catwatching:

The Gang of Eight and Our Mom, too.

Wow, gang of 8! Must be a busy house at feeding time! Thank you, we are sooo happy to be here! It is so nice here I would like to stay here all the time. Very uplifting vibe.

Welcome Melanie:

We're sure glad to see you here. :catwatching:

The Gang of Eight and Our Mom, too.

Hi Melanie, wanted to say hello to you and the adorable Ruby Mae. I love that photo of her on her PIN page! That girl's got great taste in baseball teams.

I love it that you called her "Rubilicious." All of my kitties have a ridiculous number of nicknames, and many of them end with "ilicious." My kitty Bleys, who's 19, is also known as "Coot" (because of his age). His dad and I tell him he's cootilicious all the time.

Tracy, Ruby Mae's caseworker, is owned by a wonderful kitty named Cody, who's also known as Grody Cody, so we tell him he's grodilicious.

Looks like we all get an awful lot of mileage out of "ilicious"!

I hope Ruby Mae is able to have her picture taken with John Edwards -- I'd love to see that. If she does have a chance to ask him any tough questions, please let us know what he says.

I will most definitely give a full report. I am just hoping it is not too sunny as the humidity is going to be high and will be too high to keep the little woman out in it for over an hour. I may sit in the air conditioned car while he is speaking and bring her out at the end.

I called his (John Edwards) campaign headquarters this morning and explained about Ruby Mae's condition and what I am doing to try and help her and his NH staff was very supportive. The man that runs the Concord office told me to search him out in the crowd and he will do his best to get us together with John.

Hope you, your kitties and their daddy have a wonderful weekend. Ruby is quite excited over all the kitties on this site. I am sure she would much rather make their acquaintance despite her interest in politics.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Hi Melanie, wanted to say hello to you and the adorable Ruby Mae. I love that photo of her on her PIN page! That girl's got great taste in baseball teams.

I love it that you called her "Rubilicious." All of my kitties have a ridiculous number of nicknames, and many of them end with "ilicious." My kitty Bleys, who's 19, is also known as "Coot" (because of his age). His dad and I tell him he's cootilicious all the time.

Tracy, Ruby Mae's caseworker, is owned by a wonderful kitty named Cody, who's also known as Grody Cody, so we tell him he's grodilicious.

Looks like we all get an awful lot of mileage out of "ilicious"!

I hope Ruby Mae is able to have her picture taken with John Edwards -- I'd love to see that. If she does have a chance to ask him any tough questions, please let us know what he says.

Hi Melanie,

Just wanted to lend some support and to tell you how adorable Ruby Mae is. I hope you get funded as quickly as possible!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

Thank you so much Gail & Mollie. We do too, but we also realize there are so many kids out there in need. We want to see everyone successful and plan to do whatever is necessary to wait for our turn. Ms. Ruby is pretty good about waiting for her human elevator to get up and down from the bed, couch, etc. but just cannot wait when it is time to get outside to see squirrels, kitties, and any other animals we see on our walks. For a nine pound yorkie she can certainly push her way past most of us to be the first out the door! That is our biggest problem. I often think she ignores the pain if there is some kind of excitement attached. I guess we all do that to some extent.

Thank you for the support and welcome. We will be spending today giving Ruby the beauty treatment (which means a wrestling match for me!) for her date with John Edwards. Take care :cool026:

Hi Melanie,

Just wanted to lend some support and to tell you how adorable Ruby Mae is. I hope you get funded as quickly as possible!

Gail & Mollie

Read your question in the intro thread about "babbling" and just wanted to pop in to say you are doing a great job posting-don't worry about that!

Have fun today!!! I'm jealous-I'd love to have the candidates come here!

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAA

Hi Jean,

It is exciting to have them come here all the time. THe nice things is they come around so much you can usually at least get to shake their hand if not talk to them a little. That is why the state is fighting to keep itself first in the nation. Our legislature actually made it required by statute! We are just back from seeing John Edwards on his "One America" bus tour through the state. It is extremely hot and humid here today so Ruby Mae and I spent most of the time in the car with the air on, listening through a window crack. When he finished speaking we ran right up and got a picture with him.

We were both (Ruby and I) excited to meet him. Fortunately, due to the heat Ruby's tongue hung out more than mine did! Isn't that always the way. Mouth open or eyes closed when you want to take a good picture. My boyfriend was also excited to meet him as he hails from NC originally. He thinks he knows why my tongue was hanging out, but I was actually speaking when he snapped the picture, I swear! Anyway...on health care he said that if elected he plans to mandate that every man, woman and child will have universal health care and that will include vision, dental and medical. He hopes to fund it in part by repealing the big tax cut for the wealthy that GW & Co. brought about.

He had a very positive message and we were impressed with what we saw today.

Here we are with John Edwards in Concord, New Hampshire about 45 minutes ago.

Read your question in the intro thread about "babbling" and just wanted to pop in to say you are doing a great job posting-don't worry about that!

Have fun today!!! I'm jealous-I'd love to have the candidates come here!

[attachmentid=4487][attachmentid=4488]

post-2052-1188082420_thumb.jpg

post-2052-1188082842_thumb.jpg

Edited by karotskid

When is your primary-like in December now? It's bizarre how long this 08 election is going to take!

I think it's so great that you got to meet him and that he got his picture taken with an IMOM PIN! RUBY! You lucky girl!

Health care is big to me partly because it impacts my job and because I have to buy my own health insurance each month. OOF. And I want dental!!!! Dangit!

Well, so glad you got out there!

wanted to add some pictures of my girl. For some reason they do not show unless you click on them. Sorry, I consider myself computer literate, but am using a MAC and I am a PC girl. :pp_animal_568:

[attachmentid=4497] [attachmentid=4498]

post-2052-1188099414_thumb.jpg

post-2052-1188099860_thumb.jpg

Edited by karotskid

Actually we are starting to wonder if we will be voting on Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I understand about the healthcare issue. I am lucky in that I am a state employee and in lieu of paying us a salary comparable to what we would get in the private sector we have had fully paid benefits until this past July. In the new contract we all received a .51 an hour raise, but also began paying $25 per paycheck for insurance. It goes up $5 per paycheck next year and I think we all know that once the barn door is open... I have been wanting to get Ruby a baby of her own for a year or two and boy if I do I will get pet health insurance this time. Back when you first heard about it the coverage was lousy, expensive and they only covered dogs until they were about five years old. When I looked into it recently it has improved tremendously and seems to be a good deal.

You will laugh but I hope to get Ruby Mae a Great Dane pup. she is so goofy and loves all other animals I think she would love her own baby to take care of. Growing up we always had one or two and have them teamed up with yorkies before. THey are so sweet and gentle it really is a good combination because the yorkie huge personality is tolerated well by the easy going dane. You do get the strangest looks though.

Thank you for being so nice to this probably too chatty newbie. You and everyone else has been so welcoming and encouraging. I hope that I am able to repay you whether it be one of your babies in need or by joining you in helping other pet parents maneuver through a frightening time with their kids. As I said before, there has to be a special place in heaven for IMOM folks. goodnight IMOM family.

Rubilicious & Melanie Orman

When is your primary-like in December now? It's bizarre how long this 08 election is going to take!

I think it's so great that you got to meet him and that he got his picture taken with an IMOM PIN! RUBY! You lucky girl!

Health care is big to me partly because it impacts my job and because I have to buy my own health insurance each month. OOF. And I want dental!!!! Dangit!

Well, so glad you got out there!

Edited by karotskid

Hi Melanie,

That's so cool that you and Ruby Mae got to meet John Edwards, and get photos taken as well. How neat! Great pics, all of them.

Thank you for being so nice to this probably too chatty newbie.

I don't think there's any such thing as "too chatty" here :) Folks love to hear from the applicants, as often as you feel like posting. It shows that you're really trying to let people get to know Ruby Mae better. And we love hearing about Rubilicious (I love that nickname :)

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

I thought I might tell you all a little more about my beautiful girl Ruby Mae. When she came into my life she had been more of a rough and tumble girl, swimming in ponds, running in the woods, being an all around tomboy. She had not been very affectionate, but that changed very quickly. She came to me right before Thanksgiving (I know, a real reason to be thankful) and of course I was helping my mom plan for my five siblings to come for the big feast. I tried to beat the grocery store rush the Friday before the holiday and went at 6 a.m.

When I arrived home at 7:30 I had a carload of bags and I left the door open after I brought the first load in and Ruby immediately bolted. I dropped everything and ran after her. At first she just ran across the street into a neighbors yard, but she would not come within grabbing distance. She just kept running around me almost teasing me. I continued after her as she ran around the corner onto a fairly busy street. My heart almost stopped when she ran right into the middle of the street and ran as fast as he could straight for a box truck coming up the street. Just as she got close to the truck a smashed pumpkin (Halloween leftover) on the side of the street caught her eye!

She ran over to it, took a nibble and was off again. By this time I was standing partially in the street stopping traffic while she zigged and zagged past me. It was icy in spots and I took two very graceful spills. after about 15 minutes of terror a neighbor opened her door and Ruby ran right into her house and right back out before she could close the door! This very intelligent woman went into her kitchen where she had roast in the slow cooker and brought a nice hot sample out onto her porch. Within minutes Ruby was back in my nice warm house and a new rule was created...no doors could ever be left open again.

I immediately purchased a harness, but that lasted about 1 day. The first time I took her out with the new harness she walked over to a rhodedendron (spelling?) bush, circled it once and then artfully backed right out of the harness! The chase was on again and I swear you could see a smile on her face as she ran through the yard in the neighborhood with me huffing and puffing behind her. Two skinned knees and elbows later I had her in my arms again!

I talked to the vet about it and they explained that this is just a game to her and as long as I continued to chase her she would continue to run. I didn't see where I had any choice. The way she ran with abandon she probably would have been blocks away before realizing I was not right behind her and then I would have lost her. She is older, a little wiser and a little lazier now so I am not quite as nervous, but everyone in my life knows that they are to close that screen door as soon as they squeeze their body through it. I always say my home is like a little prison for the princess. When one door opens the other cannot open until the first is closed. In the beginning she would charge the door whenever I tried to leave, but she rarely does that now, unless I have the leash in hand. I will try to share additional Rublicious stories and pictures tomorrow. I would also like to tell you about her quasi brother "poopie" (her predecessor). There is so much I would like to tell you all about this wonderful girl. When I mentioned her lack of affectionate behavior before. I did not mention that it only lasted about a month. Tonight after dinner we were sitting on the couch and she was sitting on me and she just started kissing me and I swear it went on for about 10 minutes straight. This often drives my b/f crazy as she will only occasionally give him a little peck as she is not fond of his mustache! Sometimes I think his feelings really do get hurt as she now has him under her spell as well.

Oh u are sorely mistaken if u think u could EVER be too chatty here at IMOM--or post too many pics!!! LOL.

Now, there may be times u feel u are chatting with urself--but keep going--someone will be along!!!

Some folks come and can't think of what to say, and maybe only post a few sentences when they post. But, most angels want to know abt the PIN, and telling stories will wiggle Ruby right into sponsor's heart's!

Awesome, that u met John Edwards. OK...here is the big question--did he talk to Ruby?? Did he seem like an animal lover???

I am also a PIN parent in a different forum, so I am unable to donate to Ruby. But when I can, I will be another cheerleader, like many of us who have PIN kids.

I noticed u have already started posting on some other PIN pages--GOOD FOR U!!!

Keep the Ruby stories and pics coming!!!

Hugs to Ruby!

Cindy

Thanks for the encouragement Cindy. I had to post on some of the other threads because they just break my heart. Around 2 this morning I was sitting here in the dark reading the thread just crying my eyes out. I had sit and blow my nose for about 30 minutes after or I would have been unable to sleep/breathe! Some of these other cases make me feel like my case is so minor. Having my girl in pain/crippled is not minor, but thankfully we have a little more time than some other PIN families. Don't get me wrong without the surgery soon they tell me her bones in her legs will require additional procedures because they are beginning to bow.

I just know how horrible it is to be at the edge of that cliff and to have no one there to throw you a rope. I lost a Great Dane in 1994 to bloat and it was the most traumatic thing (other than losing my mom) I have ever experienced. I came home one night and when I walked into the house I knew something was wrong. I could just feel something in the air. I turned on the light and my guy Simon was lying on the kitchen floor and his chest was just huge. I immediately called my vet and this newer doctor returned my call in a few minutes. As soon as I told her how he looked she told me that he was in trouble and I needed to meet her at the hospital. He was 130 lbs and I managed to get him to stand and start out to the car, but he fell down the 3 steps to my driveway and could not get back up. (the guilt I felt after he used the last bits of consciousness to try to do what I was asking of him ate me up for a long time.)

I called her back and explained I could not lift him into my car and she asked my address and drove to my house. It was a warm Feb. night and this awesome woman used one of my steak knives to relieve the pressure in his chest and we lifted him into my car. The hospital was only about five minutes away, but unfortunately he died within a few minutes of arriving there. I was inconsolable and Dr. Clark told my mom who had come to the hospital as well, not to let me have another deep chested animal. It was the first time I had ever dealt with death and I was hyperventilating right there in the office.

I also had to let my little yorkie man "poopie" go the day after Christmas in 1999. I had told Dr. Clark (yes, she has been my vet since) she would need to tell me if I did not recognize when it was time for him to go to the rainbow bridge. He had many health issues throughout his life, but lived to the ripe old age of 16. I had no regrets because he was cherished and had a wonderful life. My only regret was how quickly he left me when she gave him the shot. I was under the impression it would take a moment or two, but I asked her how long it would take as she finished the injection. I was holding him in my arms and before I could finish the sentence she said he was already gone. I was almost angry, I wanted another minute with him, but I guess we always want just one more minute.

Oh boy, writing this has been so hard. He had been with me from the time I was 20 until I was just about 36. He was my mom's dog, but I was the family "doctor" and did all the "icky" stuff. for the last 4-5 years of his life his bowel would occasionally pop out when he went to the bathroom (due to a bowel herniation surgery) and I would just grab the wet paper towels and push it right back in. People often seemed shocked that I could do that, but I loved that little guy so much I would have done much worse. That is why this situation has been so difficult for me. This is not something I can fight.

I fully intend for Ms. Ruby Mae Stinkerbell to have an equally full and happy life. Thank you for listening to my rambling and for being a wonderful caring person. How do I know you are? Because anyone that visits this site regularly and works to help out animals, even ones they do not know is the best as far as I am concerned. There is no greater proof in my book. More pics are coming of the princess.

As for John Edwards being an animal lover. I couldn't really tell because it was so hectic and everyone was trying to pull him in different directions. If I get another opportunity to speak with him I will certainly find out. I actually wanted to tell him about IMOM and get him to hold an I (heart) IMOM.Org sign I made, but as I said previously it was too crazy. Thanks for looking at my baby girl and best of luck with your PIN.

Melanie

Oh u are sorely mistaken if u think u could EVER be too chatty here at IMOM--or post too many pics!!! LOL.

Now, there may be times u feel u are chatting with urself--but keep going--someone will be along!!!

Some folks come and can't think of what to say, and maybe only post a few sentences when they post. But, most angels want to know abt the PIN, and telling stories will wiggle Ruby right into sponsor's heart's!

Awesome, that u met John Edwards. OK...here is the big question--did he talk to Ruby?? Did he seem like an animal lover???

I am also a PIN parent in a different forum, so I am unable to donate to Ruby. But when I can, I will be another cheerleader, like many of us who have PIN kids.

I noticed u have already started posting on some other PIN pages--GOOD FOR U!!!

Keep the Ruby stories and pics coming!!!

Hugs to Ruby!

Cindy

Melanie,

I am so sorry about your Dane who went to the Bridge from bloat, and about Poopie too

Cindy is right - you can never be too chatty here :) Your stories about Ruby make her come alive on the screen. Wow, she sure can run when she gets her mind made up that she's got somewhere to go. I know what you mean about the prison, I had to do similar for one of my kitties who is now at the Bridge - Orion. I had to close the door as wuickly as I could. I still remember dropping a basket of laundry and chasing him down an apartment corridor in bare feet late at night. He didn't care that I was tired - he was ready to run!

Ms. Ruby Mae Stinkerbell

LOL!!! :roll: Ruby has some of the best nicknames!

Give your girl a big hug from me.

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

I live in fear of open doors! Luckily (?) with all the dogs and their issues I don't have a lot of visitors, so I can control it better. But a dog that size-yeeks! Is Ruby too little for a martingale collar-that's what I use on outings. In fact, when I first got Anna I had her on a harness and a martingale and two leashes-talk about ridiculous. But I buy the Lupine because if they chew through them (which they do) they replace them for free!

Bloat is a scary thing. They now have a stomach tacking surgery that they can do during a spay (or I guess a neuter). It can happen so quickly and they think it might be a hereditary thing from what I have read. German Shepherds are prone to bloat. I am so happy that my two eat SO slowly (not even sure if that makes a huge difference). In fact in all the bloat prevention articles, it seems like no one agrees what causes it. So I am very sorry for your loss.

Interesting on your insurance. Where I've worked before I've had it, and they would slowly increase the amount you'd pay in. Not having it makes me so much more aware!!!

Hey, maybe Mike Gravel would hold up an IMOM sign! Ha-he's a funny guy-I KNOW Dennis Kucinich would!

I was thinking of a Ruby Mae Buy a Candidate Challenge. In fact, I have it started...kind of like a straw poll but wasn't sure if it was too political and if people wouldn't want to tell who they would vote for. Found some funny pics of the candidates though...so if any IMOM-ers/donors have opinions on that, please let me know!

Oh Jean, you are so sweet! I think most people would take it in the spirit in which you are offering it. I saw that Guliani was in town yesterday too and wish I had known I would have tried to track him down too. Equal time and all that! These days I think the parties are in transition anyway. I plan to become an independent so I can look at everyone and not be limited. Ruby Mae and I would be very honored to be a part of your challenge and would be willing to help in any way possible and allowed.

The martingale, is that like a harness, but in two pieces and more of a step in harness? I go to a pet nutrition store here in Concord that carries a lot of natural (non-recalled) foods and they showed me one that would work with two leashes. My boyfriend created a hook to attach her choke collar to a harness and we are trying to perfect it so the choke collar only tightens if she escapes the harness. It is a work in progress and as I said she is more patient and less inclined to run these days. I think in the beginning she was unsure as I was her third home in 8 months and there was no bond. Now she knows that I worship the ground she walks on.

Bloat is horrible and the experts cannot agree on a cause, but I think I am going to eventually get another dane because they are so loving. They do not live really long lives, but the time you do have with them is wonderful. My previous yorkie boy Poopie loved Simon (the dane) and he was with me in the driveway the night Simon died and he seemed to know that it was bad and mourned Simon along with me. If he heard Simon's name he would look around and then would just come and sit next to me.

I don't know how to thank you Jean. You have been so kind to me from the start. Your babies are so lucky to have a mom like you. I keep seeing the quote about the more I get to know man, the better I like my dogs is great but there are certainly some really wonderful humans too. You are one of them. If there is ever anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to ask.

Melanie & the sleeping Miss Ruby Mae

I live in fear of open doors! Luckily (?) with all the dogs and their issues I don't have a lot of visitors, so I can control it better. But a dog that size-yeeks! Is Ruby too little for a martingale collar-that's what I use on outings. In fact, when I first got Anna I had her on a harness and a martingale and two leashes-talk about ridiculous. But I buy the Lupine because if they chew through them (which they do) they replace them for free!

Bloat is a scary thing. They now have a stomach tacking surgery that they can do during a spay (or I guess a neuter). It can happen so quickly and they think it might be a hereditary thing from what I have read. German Shepherds are prone to bloat. I am so happy that my two eat SO slowly (not even sure if that makes a huge difference). In fact in all the bloat prevention articles, it seems like no one agrees what causes it. So I am very sorry for your loss.

Interesting on your insurance. Where I've worked before I've had it, and they would slowly increase the amount you'd pay in. Not having it makes me so much more aware!!!

Hey, maybe Mike Gravel would hold up an IMOM sign! Ha-he's a funny guy-I KNOW Dennis Kucinich would!

I was thinking of a Ruby Mae Buy a Candidate Challenge. In fact, I have it started...kind of like a straw poll but wasn't sure if it was too political and if people wouldn't want to tell who they would vote for. Found some funny pics of the candidates though...so if any IMOM-ers/donors have opinions on that, please let me know!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday. Miss Ruby and I took a stroll this morning and she fell in love with a cream colored long haired kitty across the street. For some reason the kitty was not as enamored of Ruby as she was of it! I explained to Ruby that she might have to love this kitty from afar if she did not want to be cut to ribbons. Sometimes these interspecies relationships just do not work out.

I wish you all could see what a little nut she is. There is not an animal out there that she does not just want to rub all over. In fact, I think she has a little cat in her the way she likes to rub. Right after she first came into my life she started going into heat and I could not figure out why she was acting so strangely. I explained her symptoms to the vet and she diagnosed hysterical pregnancy. I thought that was a riot except the next time she came into season it was worse with nesting and just acting goofy. The third and final time she went so far as to produce milk! Whenever I picked up the poor little thing I would have milk all over me!

The vet and I decided it would be best to get her spayed before she managed to produce puppies! She had managed to do the rest without benefit of pregnancy, so why not! I felt bad because it seemed like she really wanted a baby, but I would never have been able to let any puppies go to strangers and could not have a half dozen yorkies running around despite the fun!

Well, I am on lunch so I better get back. Thanks everyone for being so supportive of me and girl. Please pass my best to CJ and mom on the other thread.

Melanie