Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Gracie Fulbright

310 posts in this topic

[attachmentid=5136]

It was nice to hear from you guys. Thanks for all the paws and cheers.

The vet did feel that Gracie's BG was ok for her. I was concerned, but she said that 200-400 or more is high, and I had just driven her in the car after a fuzzy rub-down for at least 30 minutes, so she was excited. This can cause a reading to be higher, too.

I'm sooo glad her kidneys are doing well. There are no outward signs that the liver is challenged, but they gave her some chewables to help. I need to do my research on them to know more.

Anyway...kitties are telling me it's bedtime! Thanks!

Lisa

for Gracie

post-1883-1193200892.jpg

Hi Lisa and Gracie,

Oh, that pic is so cute!

Nice BG number! I hope Gracie's numbers stay low enough that you don't have to give insulin. And kidneys doing well, too - good news all around! :banana:

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Miss Gracie is hanging in there. I can tell that the recent SoCal fires have lowered our air quality and raised the heat. We don't have air-conditioning, so the kitties get air from outside via a fan. Normally that's fine, but it seems to be dehydrating Howie & Gracie. They're drinking loads of water, and I turn ultra-paranoid that they are becoming diabetic again! I'd drink extra water too if I was wearing a fur coat in 90 degree heat...

I hope all the kitties in our area are staying cool :cool026: and healthy.

Goodnight to all of you and them...

Lisa

for Gracie

:magicmoon:

Hi Lisa,

We just found Gracie's thread. I'm so glad to hear her BG and kidneys are doing so well. :cool026: She really is a beautiful baby, and they way you got her was :waycool: (going to visit a baby and coming home with your own :lol: .

Anyway... Mike and I just want to let you know you are in our hearts and prayers. And we know that with the love you have for your babies... all will remain well.

Try to stay cool with that heat.

Blessings,

Mike & Mike's Mom (Joanna)

I have been keeping tabs on Gracie all along. Thought I would post today so you know that I have been keeping you in my prayers. I lost my Moody cat to chronic renal failure, but he was 27 years old. How is that for getting up there. It is a hard thing to handle, but it sounds like you are the perfect mom for little Gracie. T

Hope little Gracie, Howie,a nd you continue to thrive. Stay cool and know that we are pulling for you. I am keeping you in my prayers and Jack sends great big Husky hugs to Gracie even if she doesn't want them. :dogsled::dogsled: He love kitties but they don't always love him.

Love,

Debbie and Jack

I am keeping you in my prayers and Jack sends great big Husky hugs to Gracie even if she doesn't want them.

Jack sounds like a love...I'm sure Gracie would like it. She's never met a dog, but she hears them bark in the complex.

Thanks for all the prayers. I love coming home to her each day, and seeing that she's fine. If she could live as long as Moody, I'd be the happiest mom, EVER!!!

All the best,

Lisa

for Gracie

[attachmentid=5208]

post-1883-1193801023_thumb.jpg

Anyway... Mike and I just want to let you know you are in our hearts and prayers. And we know that with the love you have for your babies... all will remain well.

Joanna & Mike,

Your posting means so much to us. We're glad you took the time to say hello and share your prayers with our little family.

Many blessings to yours too...

Lisa, Gracie, Howie, Payton and Teddy (the fish)

That photo of Howie using Gracie as a comfy furry bed just cracks me up! Please give both kitties some scritches from me.

Thanks to Lisa Buckley for sending us the Purina K/D food. Gracie loves the chicken flavor, and we really appreciate it.

Ironically, my daughter's last name is Buckley, and my first name is Lisa. We felt this was a neat coincidence.

Lisa, Payton, Gracie, Howie and Teddy (the fish)

Hi Lisa,

I love the new pics! They are so cute. I'm sending lots of good thoughts for Gracie - and the rest of you guys, as well.

What great pics! And how is little Miss Grace doing today? Just popped in to find out.

Love and Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

What great pics! And how is little Miss Grace doing today? Just popped in to find out.

Love and Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

Gracie is great...she is soooo cuddly. Just before I gave her the sub-q fluids tonight for her CRF, I saw her little face in the mirror and her little paw over my shoulder, and I was overcome with tears and how much I love her. I was so close to losing her a few months ago, and now she seems healthy and happy. I know her kidneys can't reverse their damage, but she's a trooper.

Thanks for your note...it means alot that you and Jack care (and all the other awesome IMOM cheerleaders).

All the best,

Lisa

for Gracie

Love and Husky hugs,

Debbie and Jack

Gracie is great...she is soooo cuddly. Just before I gave her the sub-q fluids tonight for her CRF, I saw her little face in the mirror and her little paw over my shoulder, and I was overcome with tears and how much I love her. I was so close to losing her a few months ago, and now she seems healthy and happy. I know her kidneys can't reverse their damage, but she's a trooper.

Thanks for your note...it means alot that you and Jack care (and all the other awesome IMOM cheerleaders). We know Moody was blessed to live with you guys.

All the best,

Lisa

for Gracie

[attachmentid=5291]

post-1883-1194327056_thumb.jpg

Ooh Gracie, You look beautiful and so bright-eyed and healthy. :cool026: Your mom takes such good care of you. :banana::banana: Your brother Howie is a ringer for my Moody cat except he had short hair like you I am so glad that you are doing better so you can stay with your mom for a really long time.

She loves you and Howie so.

Love and big Husky hugs from Jack :dogsled:

Debbie and Jack

Oh, what a beautiful picture of Gracie. She looks the picture of health, and so regal.

I was so close to losing her a few months ago, and now she seems healthy and happy.

Music to my ears! :banana::cool026:

Hey Gracie,

You have a good weekend, too Take good care of your mom. She needs you. And tell that Howie it's your turn to lay on top of him.

I am going home tomorrow!

Husky hugs :dogsled:

Jack

Miss Gracie seems to be doing fine. We will go to the vet on Saturday, Nov. 17th to have her CRF monitored. She has some liver complications that may be improving due to her new chewables, so hopefully the full bloodwork test will tell.

High paws to all...

Lisa

for

Gracie

Hi Cheerleaders :banana:

Laurie just gave us some amazing news! Gracie received a one-time donation for $978. Whoever this wonderful donor is, we cannot thank you enough. Gracie is now covered for a full 7 months of her CRF monitoring and meds. She is doing so well, and this is an answer to a prayer. We plan to keep her around many more years, and keeping her healthy is the way to do it.

I'm not sure I'll know who the generous donor is, but they are truly appreciated.

From Gracie and her gang - Howie, Mommy, Payton & Teddy (the fish)

:thanks3:

:banana::banana::banana:OMG!!! THANK YOU ANGEL!![/ :banana::banana::banana:

See Lisa... MIRACLES DO HAPPEN AT IMOM!!!! What blessings we've all found here. Not only with donations (WHICH IS TRULY MIRACULOUS) but with the friendship and love we've all found.

I'm really sorry I haven't been here for a while... but I am sooooooooooo glad I stopped in today to hear the GREAT NEWS!!!! :aktion033::happydance:

Give Miss Gracie :hugs: from me and Mike... AND.... WE WANT TO SEND OUT BUNCHES OF :hugs: to the angel who donated for such a precious little girl!!!! God Bless You!!!!

Much Love, Blessings & Nose Kisses,

Mike & Mike's Mom (Joanna)

:waycool::waycool::waycool:

That is so great! There are such amazing and generous people on here!

Here is to Gracie getting back in the pink soon!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

Gracie is fine. Her CRF values were stable. The doctor needs to still give us the Blood Glucose levels, and let us know about her liver, but all seems well.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Lisa

for Gracie :felineicon: