Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Gracie Fulbright

310 posts in this topic

Gosh, I've been behind on the forum...what great news to see! No more insulin for Gracie! :banana: Whoo hoo! Cody is so happy to have another kitty join him in the "no more insulin" club. We hope Gracie stays there forever :)

Tracy, and Cody too :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Lisa --

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but am joining in the HURRAHs that Gracie can go off insulin. Sounds like you're doing great managing her CRF too.

But here's what we really need to talk about. ;)Someone's turning 40 today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :cool026::cool026::cool026::cool026:

Happy birthday, Lisa! Hope you're having a wonderful day. Did Gracie and Howie make a nice dinner for you? (I know, I know. My kitties don't cook for me either, as much as I beg them to.)

Hope you and your family are all doing great!

Our Gracie wants to give a "High Five" for Gracie for whipping the diabetes

What an adorable pic!

Just checking in on Gracie and the rest of your family. Sounds like an eventful weekend for you all! Hope Gracie is doing well and feeling good.

Hi Lisa & Gracie,

First, happy belated birthday!

Just wanted to check in and see how little Gracie is doing. Love the pic of the kids in the window. Too cute for words! I makes me miss having a kitty around. I had a wonderful little gray tabby named Simon (though she was a girl), and she was diagnosed with nasal cancer shortly after my last lab left. Mollie and her did okay together, but when she left 5 months later, Mollie was such a rowdy girl, I didn't want to get a new kitty cause I was afraid that she might accidentally scare it and it would get out of the house and then I would lose it.

There are those days, though, that I do miss having that feline purr up against my chest and miss having a pet that could sit on my lap when watching TV and such that I could pet and love on. Mollie is just a might too big to get in the recliner with me, although it didn't used to stop her when she was younger, lol. She especially liked getting up there when my nephew came down to visit, but always used to nail him in the jewels when she did, poor kid, lol.

Anyway, have a wonderful week!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

She is a really beautiful kitty. We hope things are going well?

Melanie & Ruby Mae

Hi Lisa -

I hope all of the PINs get funded really soon so Gracie can continue getting the help for CRF that she needs.

We are still here for her and will continue to cheerlead for the fabulous Gracie!

I got word from Laurie and the committee that Gracie will be temporarily on-hold for fundraising until other PINs receive funding.

Hi Lisa, the reason we've temporarily suspended fundraising for Gracie is because she has a high balance of available funds -- which is great! She currently has funds available for several months of treatment. We will be very carefully monitoring her available funds, and once her account balance is a bit lower, we'll resume fundraising for her.

You can check on the status of available funds for Gracie (and all our other PINs) by going to the "Recent Fund Updates" area of the forum, where Juli posts an update each week. You can access it by clicking here.

I'm so pleased to know that Gracie is doing so well right now. Please give her some gentle kisses for me!

I've contacted Lisa to ask her if everything is okay with Gracie, and to remind her of our posting requirements as they are not being fulfilled. I hope we hear from Lisa soon so that Gracie's case is not closed.

I've contacted Lisa to ask her if everything is okay with Gracie, and to remind her of our posting requirements as they are not being fulfilled. I hope we hear from Lisa soon so that Gracie's case is not closed.

Gracie is hanging in there, and will be going to the vet for her monthly CRF visit this Saturday, as reported awhile back. We apologize for not writing sooner. I guess we needed some wind in our sails, but we'll get back on track.

Thanks for the reminder.

Lisa

for Gracie

If the posting requirement is still in effect, does this also mean we can continue to designate funds for Gracie?

Hi Lisa, glad to hear you and Gracie are still doing well.

If the posting requirement is still in effect, does this also mean we can continue to designate funds for Gracie?

Hi Paula, we're not currently accepting additional funds for Gracie because her account balance is very high compared to her monthly expenses. She currently has funds available for several months of treatment. You can click here to see her account balance. We need to spend some of the accumulated funds before we accept additional donations, because there are many PINs here who are in immediate need of funds, which Gracie is not.

However, because Gracie is a still an active PIN, posting requirements apply to her, just as they do to all of our other PINs.

Our treasurer Juli is very carefully watching Gracie's funds. As soon as her account balance is a bit lower, and she needs donations again, we'll be sure to let everyone know. Thank you for checking in about this.

Lisa, I know we're all hoping for good news for Gracie on Saturday. Please give Gracie some scritches from me.

Lisa, I know we're all hoping for good news for Gracie on Saturday. Please give Gracie some scritches from me.

We're on our way to the vet now. I think I'm going to have one more Blood Glucose done (my own funds) to make "sure" the diabetes is gone-gone. I can't take a chance that it will sneak back on us. We're praying the CRF is improving, or at least maintained at a manageable level. I'll let you all know.

Thanks,

Lisa

for Gracie

We're on our way to the vet now. I think I'm going to have one more Blood Glucose done (my own funds) to make "sure" the diabetes is gone-gone. I can't take a chance that it will sneak back on us. We're praying the CRF is improving, or at least maintained at a manageable level. I'll let you all know.

Thanks,

Lisa

for Gracie

If you still have your testing supplies, you can test blood sugars at home like you did before each insulin shot. This will reassure you that the diabetes is controlled by diet and exercise and not needing insulin. My cat sometimes had elevated glucosse levels from the stress of a vet visit and blood draws. I had a diabetic kitty that was diet and exercise controlled for 9 months before going back on insulin. She was also on fluids for renal failure. Good luck. We will be waiting to hear...hope it is all good news.

Good luck. We will be waiting to hear...hope it is all good news.

Gracie's BG was 142, just after she ate and was loved-on all morning. Not bad. Her CRF seems to be stable, but her liver is still out of kilt because of it. She seems happy and furry and the vet cuddled with her ALOT!

Thanks for thinking of us...

Lisa

for Gracie

Gracie's BG was 142, just after she ate and was loved-on all morning. Not bad. Her CRF seems to be stable, but her liver is still out of kilt because of it. She seems happy and furry and the vet cuddled with her ALOT!

Thanks for thinking of us...

Lisa

for Gracie

Awww That is GREAT news. Keeping paws crossed for improved liver function

Gracie's BG was 142

How sweet that the adorable Gracie got some good lovin' from the vet! Glad to know that the BG level was okay. Does Gracie's vet feel this level is low enough so that you can continue not giving insulin shots?

Glad the CRF is stable. That's a really good thing. Maintaining static kidney values is worthy of celebration. :banana:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

So glad I checked in on Gracie today and found that she is doing well! Give her lots of hugs from Mollie and me!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Gail & Mollie