Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Gracie Fulbright

310 posts in this topic

I have lots more photos of Gracie and Howie in their younger years, but need time to scan them! I was looking through ALL of my photos last night when Gracie came out of her safe-zone and tip-toed around the photos on the bed to join me. She must have heard me oooing and aaahing over how sweet their photos were!

LOL. I interpreted for several years for a professional Children's Theater, and with 5 puppers and 3 other humans here at home, it would get difficult to take the script and sit down and change it from English into American Sign Language. One season when I had a particularly difficult script, my friend offered her home for me to work on the script in peace and quiet. She would not even be at home. Aww I can spread out the script and really focus on it!!! Well...she has 2 cats....

I probably don't need to say more to anyone with a cat. But, no matter how much attention I would pay the kitties, unlike Gracie, they didn't tip-toe around the papers--they wanted on the papers--or wanted my pencil.

I found it was actually easier to work on it from home. lol.

I can't wait to see more Gracie, and Howie pics!!!

Please give them a hug from me.

Gracie, sweetie u need to eat and not worry mommy-k?

Cindy

I can't wait to see more Gracie, and Howie pics!!!

Please give them a hug from me.

Gracie, sweetie u need to eat and not worry mommy-k?

Cindy

Well, here is one of Gracie. She looks so good on green!

[attachmentid=4491]

post-1883-1188091467_thumb.jpg

[attachmentid=4493]

Gracie seems to be riding this one out, knowing Howie is asleep. She probably has to use the litter box, and is too nice to move!!

post-1883-1188092121_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myetcetera

[attachmentid=4495]

Howie is finding some peace and quiet on the arm of the sofa. I think I hear Gracie flushing now!!

post-1883-1188093725_thumb.jpg

Aw thanks for the adorable pics of the kids.

I will go to sleep tonight thinking abt these pics!!!

Hugs to Gracie and Howie!!

Those photos of Gracie and Howie are absolutely yummy! What gorgeous furkids. I would love to give them both a lot of kisses.

The pics of Gracie and Howie are too cool! lol You can tell they sure love each other. It makes me miss my Simon kitty who left us about 7 years ago. She was quite a lover and a good protector (better than my Lab Cassie that I had at the time, lol)

[attachmentid=4535]

How is Gracie doing? Any news from the vet? Will be keeping track and hoping for great news!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

post-1571-1188318503_thumb.jpg

The pics of Gracie and Howie are too cool! lol You can tell they sure love each other. It makes me miss my Simon kitty who left us about 7 years ago. She was quite a lover and a good protector (better than my Lab Cassie that I had at the time, lol)

How is Gracie doing? Any news from the vet? Will be keeping track and hoping for great news!

Gail & Mollie

Gracie seems to be hanging in there. The vet only recommended a once/month visit, so I'm just doing everything very diligently that she told me to do. Gracie is eating special Purina Kidney food with aluminum hydroxide and Epakatin in it to help reduce the phosporus/potassium, twice daily. She gets her Pepcid AC 2 hours away from that to avoid conflict. She gets her diabetic insulin twice a day, and her sub-q lactated ringers solution at night.

Gracie is now coming out into the other areas of the house, and isn't so skittish. She even lets Howie lay with her, and she doesn't require her back to a wall (something she did when she wasn't feeling very well).

I'm glad you and the other cheerleaders liked the photos. They just melt my heart! I'm so glad I get to keep Gracie well, and to have her for longer.

Have a great week...

Lisa

for Gracie

Gracie is eating special Purina Kidney food with aluminum hydroxide and Epakatin in it to help reduce the phosporus/potassium, twice daily.

Lisa

I even didn’t know that Purina had a CRF formula with Epakatin in it. Or do you just add it to the food? I know that Epakatin is often used in Europe and I wanted to try it on my CRF cat. 2 years and a half ago, I couldn’t find it here so I had ordered it from England. Unfortunately, the package arrived 2 days after my cat had passed away. Epakatin is a great phosphorous binder.

HUGS

Aline

I even didn’t know that Purina had a CRF formula with Epakatin in it. Or do you just add it to the food? I know that Epakatin is often used in Europe and I wanted to try it on my CRF cat. Epakatin is a great phosphorous binder.

Aline

I just mix the Epakatin into her Purina food, and it binds well. Yes, my vet provides it via Gracie's prescription. It's one of the things that our IMOM sponsors can help maintain monthly. I'm sorry to hear it arrived too late for your sweet kitty. I pray it helps Gracie hold onto the 25% of her kidney functioning. The Aluminum Hydroxide is actually over-the-counter at some older pharmacies, and it's also a binder (gel).

Hugs to you and your furkids...

Lisa, Gracie, Howie & Payton

[attachmentid=4543][

post-1883-1188447299_thumb.jpg

I've read lots of positive things about Epakatin. It has really good results with CRF cats in Europe. It's a binder, but it also helps eliminating toxins out of the body.

HUGS

Aline and the kids.

Lisa,

Oh my gosh, what great pics! Howie and Gracie are so adorable.

I'm glad Gracie seems to be holding her own. I hope she continues to do well.

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

I was just giving Kitz some cuddles and I told him about his long-distance twin Gracie. Hoping that Gracie and Howie are both having a good day!

Checking in on Gracie and Howie. I just love their pics!

Please give them both a hug from me!

Hugs,

Cindy

I was just giving Kitz some cuddles and I told him about his long-distance twin Gracie. Hoping that Gracie and Howie are both having a good day!

That was so cute....Kitz and Gracie...long distance twins.

Lisa

Checking in on Gracie and Howie. I just love their pics!

Please give them both a hug from me!

Hugs,

Cindy

I think all is well...Gracie seems to not want to eat as much (or is she sneaking Howie's food when I'm at work, and is full when I get home?!).

Thanks for all the hugs! I'm glad you like their pictures. I just got a new job within the company where I work, and put up photos of them. Everyone comments on them, which makes me feel proud.

I hope your furkids are enjoying the last days of summer!

Lisa

for Gracie

:magicmoon:

Just looking in on Gracie. Have a great Labor Day Weekend! Hope her appetite picks up soon!

:hugs:

Gail & Mollie

Just checking in on Gracie.

I think all is well...Gracie seems to not want to eat as much (or is she sneaking Howie's food when I'm at work, and is full when I get home?!).

Do u think it would help to pick up Howies food, and feed him specific meal times, so u know what Gracie is eating?

I am glad Gracie is doing pretty well. Sure wish she was eating OK. I know that has to stress u out!!

Hey, congrats on the new job. I am assuming (well at least hoping) that since it is within the same company, that it's a job u enjoy.

Hugs to all of u!!

Cindy

Lisa: We have a new challenge - See "FUNDRAISERS past and present".

Good Luck to Gracie (and I hope she's feeling better soon).

Just checking on Gracie!

Be sure and check out the challenge!

Gracie seems to be eating now, so that's good. Tomorrow is our visit to the vet (yes, I've communicated this via e-mail to our volunteer), but it's just a monthly check-up.

Thank you to our recent sponsor for helping Gracie with her treatment plan. We really appreciate being able to go regularly to the vet and not putting it off due to budget constraints.

[attachmentid=4657]

We will certainly check out the challenge. We have been diligent about participating in all IMOM offerings, including the last challenge, and getting a Mesa Grant with Victoria. Hopefully, we'll be successful with this one, too.

Lisa

for Gracie

post-1883-1189179706_thumb.jpg