Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lynette

Stinky Dennie

98 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Acute renal Failure

Estimate: $1470.00

Thanks to our monthly donors, IMOM was able to pledge $400 which will get Stinky admitted to the hospital tonight and his treatment started.

We need to raise $1070.00

This is what Stinky's mom had to say:

My cat stinky is my life.. He has been with me through thick and thin.. he is my son..

Stinky's mom will be applying to other organizations for help with Stinkey's care, as well.

If you are able to make a donation for Stinky, please click on this link http://www.imom.org/donation/ and specify CRF - Stinky Dennie

As soon as Lou gets home from taking Stinky to the hospital, she will be along to post.

Lynette IMOM

Edited by Juli IMOM

Oh no! Poor Stinky. I am sure his mom is beside herself. I am glad she's looking for other help, too.

Acute means it will go away, right, with treatment? Like an episode?

Stinky has been in pain for a while now, from what I understand he has lost half his body weight and is not eating or drinking on his own. Please angels if there is anything you can do to help Stinky please consider making a donation.

I actually had a cat named Stinky he was all black with a funny shaped nose. He thought he was a dog, he would play fetch with small rubber balls and he followed me everywhere. (I miss my Stinky).

Sending your Stinky lots of prayers.

Angels, I know we just came up with a lot of funds for another special PIN, but Stinky needs help too !! Please consider sending a donation to Stinky today... poor little meow meow !!

Michelle & Sydney

Stinky's owner, Dennie, also applied to CIC. Their application is pending as we have yet to receive a reply from our email. (sent twice). We'd like to help.

Dennie, please check your spam folder in case our emails are getting put there. We'd be happy to help Stinky with a Mesa grant, but we need to hear back from you.

Our email is: applications@catsincrisis.org

Sending good wishes for little Stinky,

Victoria Hopkins

President

Cats in Crisis Inc.

www.catsincrisis.org

Hey Victoria - I am so happy to hear that you might be able to offer Lou a Mesa Grant for Stinky. I just sent her an email asking her to contact you ASAP.

Folks, Diana is right, in a matter of 2 weeks time, Stinky has lost 1/2 of his body weight. His mouth is swollen and he has stopped eating.

Jean this condition is not reversable, however it is treatable if caught in time. I hope we were given that "time" to help Stinky.

Angels this kitty needs your help desperately. I am thinking we haven't heard from Lou because she is scrambling to find other sources to help with Stinky's hospitalization. Please ease her burden a little and donate to help Stinky.

Hi

Chronic renal failure is an ongoing event. CRF can be managed, but not cured or eliminated. ARF - acute renal failure comes on fast and is usually caused by an outside event, such as ingestion of poison. bad cat food, etc.

If you want to read about either of these conditions:

http://www.crf.org

read the section on bad cat food for a discussion of arf.

Many kitties with crf can live a long time with treatment.

ARF can be treated- it is expensive (as you can see) .

I hope this kitty can get help soon. Thanks Victoria for offering a grant as well. Hope the paperwork gets to you soon

Kathy

Oh no! Poor Stinky. I am sure his mom is beside herself. I am glad she's looking for other help, too.

Acute means it will go away, right, with treatment? Like an episode?

It appears that Lou is having the forum heebie jeebies - hope she gets that worked out and can give us an update on Stinky.

I just want to let everyone know how much your help has touched me.. I love my cat Stinky very much.. I held him all night and prayed for him not to hurt. I will get the test results back today and then we will try to get him the help he needs.. Thank you so much.. Love Lourdes Dennie ( Stinky's mom)..

I held him all night and prayed for him not to hurt.

I too said that prayer for Stinky last night. Is he in the hospital still Lou? If you see him please give him smootchies and scritches from me.

Please let us know what you hear with regard to the tests.

Have you been in contact with Cats in Crisis this AM. I know it's alot to do but Stinky is counting on you Lou. Take a deep breath and move forward. We will be keeping all fingers and paws crossed that Stinky will be okay.

Angels - please, if you are thinking about donating today, please think of Stinky!

I also want to thank Lynette and Victoria for their help and what ever they need me to do to be able to continue helping Stinky , they got it.. Lourdes Dennie

Stinky came home with my last night and I gave him fluids and lots of love.. he seemed very uncomfortable and wouldn't settle down.. My boss is letting me go home early to be with him.. Lourdes

Hi

This is the worst time right now- kitties don't like fluids and I am sure it feels strange to them. Over time, they do get used to it- I have one that even likes it becaues she is very old and gets easily dehyrated. The fluids do help them a lot so remember that you are helping Stinky to get better.

Read Steve's terrific site about dealing with crf and fluids- He really gives you a wonderful perspective on all of as well as the best tutorial ever on giving fluids.

Here is the link:

http://www.tinyurl.com/63max

Sophia gets her subq fluids. If you enjoy that site, I will find the link where Sophia gets busted eating the catnip plants outside.

Kathy

Lourdes,

I received your email and just sent you a reply. Cats in Crisis is pleased to offer you a $100 Mesa Grant to help with Stinky's medical needs. I'll be making this contribution via PayPal to IMOM today.

We know how worried you are for Stinky. Please know you both are in our thoughts and prayers.

Victoria Hopkins

Cats in Crisis

www.catsincrisis.org

Thank you soooo much Vic - I know Lou and Stinky appreciate your donation.

Do we know yet what caused the Acute Renal Failure? Ingestion of a toxin? Kidney infection? Is Stinky on antibiotics? It sounds like he really needs to be on I.V. fluids in the hospital, so I'm hoping we can get him admitted ASAP.

Kim, after reading your post, I called the clinic. They said he wasn't kept overnight because he didn't seem that dehydrated (?) He has a mass on his mouth that could be an abscessed tooth. He also had an elevated temp. He was given abx, and fluids for Lou to do at home. They are expecting the results of the tests that were done and as soon as I know something I will update the forum.

Edited by Lynette IMOM

Thanks, Lynette! It would be nice if this was an infection that could be cleared up with a combo of fluids, antibiotics, and extraction of that abscessed tooth. Certainly possible that bacteria from his mouth travelled via bloodstream to his kidneys and started wreaking havoc.

Pain in his mouth would also explain why Stinky has lost so much weight. :sad: Lourdes, please let us know whether Stinky is eating at all. It's very important to get some food into him or he could be facing liver failure as well. Try baby food (meat flavor, no veggies), Fancy Feast, etc. Soft food that he doesn't have to chew, if in fact he's got a painful, infected tooth.

CAT FOLKS, we've got a feline who needs our help. Everyone please see what you can spare from your wallet. Kidney issues need to be treated quickly.

Hi

If you go the baby food route, make sure you only get the first food- no onion, no garlic. My crf parents usually get the Beechnut Number 1 food- chicken or turkey seems to be the preferred flavor. You can also get A/D from the vet which is a rescue food.

Kathy

Angels - we still need a little over $900 to be sure Stinky can get all the treatment he needs to turn this around. I still don't have test results but we know he is going to need further treatment.

Please donate to Stinky - his situation is very serious.

STINKY CHALLENGE

Hi Angels

I know we've been challenged and challenged, but poor little Stinky and his loving Mom need some help. With that in mind, I'll match the first $200 donated!

Get Well Soon, Stinky!

Kitty

Oh bless you Kittyl!!!

Woohoo!!! It's a challenge for Stinky.

Angels - you know you love spending other people's money - here is your chance. For every dollar donated (up to $200), Kitty will match that dollar.

Come on Angels!!! Stinky needs your help!!!

Edited by Lynette IMOM

Thank you, Kitty! I'm in for $100.

Lourdes, we know you're busy taking care of Stinky, but please keep posting -- people are much more likely to donate if they hear from the pet's owner. Tell us how you came to have Stinky, what his personality's like, how he's doing today..... Please don't be shy, because we love to hear about each other's pets. :whitekitty: