Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cindy/IMOM

little Joey Moran

49 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: bruised lungs, additional contusions

Estimated total needed: $1063. Applicant paid $115. IMOM pledged $400 so we need to raise $548 to reach the low end of the estimate.

Neutered: No, and can't be right now because he cannot undergo anesthesia.

Volunteer case worker: Cindy Wilson

Joey is a little miniature pinscher (mix?) that was hit by a car while on leash in a parking lot! The driver did not even acknowledge hitting Joey. His owner works as a full-time babysitter and makes very little money but he's doing all he can to raise extra funds for Joey, who is currently hospitalized, in an oxygen chamber with in respiratory distress. He has been there since Monday. Here is his story:

Joey was born in a litter of three...his siblings died shortly after birth. My Uncle and Aunt could not afford to keep him, they were planning in placing him in a shelter. I thought that unacceptable. Why did they let their dog get pregnated only to turn the pup over to a shelter?! So I decided to take him...thank God I took him...without him I wouldn't be here right now. Everyday he would bring a smile on my face...even when he pooped in the house to spite me. He would use my head as a punishing bag in the morning to wake me up...my little boxer buddy.

Joey was on my side the whole time at that potty walk every night with my friends. My friends and I walked thru our neighborhood markets parking lot...it was completely empty when all of a sudden this neglectful driver comes out of nowhere and almost hits me with their car, yet Joey didn't make it out of the way and I was unable to grasp him in time...he went under the wheel and starts

to cry...I can still hear them in my mind shearing away at my heart. Quickly I run and try to scoop him up in my arms, Joey didn't know any better he bit me. I was suppose to protect him and I failed my bestfriend. I was trying to get the leash off him, it was so painful to hear and see him...I can only imagine the pain he was in.

I was planning on neutering him he was just not mature enough to get neutered...or at least I was told that...or was that just for cats? I still do, I don't want pups to be born only to find themselves cheated out of having a fun loving HOME.

Thank you so much for helping Joey. He's stable his morning but cannot be removed from the respirator yet. The estimate includes several days of treatment and the vet has already donated care for the first day. Please help Joey. He's very loved and his dad is doing he can. Pictures of Joey are posted in the Introductions section.

If you would like to make a donation to help please make your donation to - EF - Joey Moran. Donations .

Please consider making a token donation to our Operating Fund as well so that we can continue to cover our administrative costs.

Thanks in advance for you help and support,

Cindy/IMOM

JOEY MORAN needs some major financial help people.

Check out Cindy/IMOM new posts...you'll find the story of little Joey.

We on our part will be doing all the possible for fundraising on our part as well...as well as making sure this driver is taken off the road.IPB Image

SO COME ON PEOPLE NOW, SMILE ON YOUR BROTHER AND HELP THIS LITTLE PUP OUT...WE CAN DO IT! EVRY LITTLE GRAIN OF SAND HELPS THIS PUP FROM GETTING UNPLUGGED AND GETTING CLOSER TO GETTING HOME.

N.E help is thanked.

IPB ImageBlue

UPDATE - Joey's dad just let us know he's borrowing $200 from various family members! So now we just have $348 to raise. :banana::banana:

Angels, this is SO DOABLE. We know we can't save them all, but we CAN save Joey. His dad is just out of school, just getting started and he's doing all he possibly can for his pup. Please help this innocent hit-and-run victim be a happy and feisty puppy again :pp_animal_556:

Cindy/IMOM

Okay Angels - here is a young man who loves his pup very much and had to watch it be run over WHILE ON HIS LEASH!!! He was doing everything right and it still wasn't enought to save Joey from this heartless driver.

Let's show Peter our hearts and get this pup funded TODAY!!! All we need is $348 - we can do this!!!

The estimate includes several days of treatment and the vet has already donated care for the first day.

We don't need a lot of money to see Joey through this. He has a very compassionate vet and a dad who loves him dearly. Any amount will help....please :catwatching:

JOEY MORAN needs some major financial help people.

Check out Cindy/IMOM new posts...you'll find the story of little Joey.

We on our part will be doing all the possible for fundraising on our part as well...as well as making sure this driver is taken off the road.IPB Image

SO COME ON PEOPLE NOW, SMILE ON YOUR BROTHER AND HELP THIS LITTLE PUP OUT...WE CAN DO IT! EVRY LITTLE GRAIN OF SAND HELPS THIS PUP FROM GETTING UNPLUGGED AND GETTING CLOSER TO GETTING HOME.

N.E help is thanked.

IPB ImageBlue

Joey has a fundraising thread started in our Life Threatening Emergencies section so I'm going to move this post there to help cheerlead for his funds.

Thanks for posting, Blue!

Cindy/IMOM

Can any angels start off donation for Little Joey ???

Does Joey have or has he been checked for Pneumothorax ?

Michelle & Sydney (who had a bad Pneumothorax when she was young - from being hit by a car)

OMG - this is terrible. This little guy needs our help -

I do have a question, the announcement says he's on respitator and then on an oxygen chamber - is Joey able to breathe on his own?

Okay Angels, we can help this guy - lets get him funded - this is critical and we CAN save his life.

We don't need a lot of money to see Joey through this. He has a very compassionate vet and a dad who loves him dearly. Any amount will help....please :catwatching:

Very true. Angels, if you are considering a donation, please consider Joey. Thank you to all the angels who have donated or will donate to help this little guy pull through. :heart:

Tracy/IMOM :heart::stripekitty:

I am sending in a small donation to help get the fund raising started.

Poor Joey, you are not even safe when you do everything right.

Hang in there baby, you are going to be just fine

Kathy

WooHoo - Thank you Kathy for starting off the donations for Joey!!!

Who wants to be next to help this pup?

With each emergency case my heart drops thinking can we do it, can we help another Emergency PIN. YES WE CAN ANGELS.

Joey only needs $348.00. O heck why do I read these cases before lunch LOL, need to go raid the candy closet again. Joey now only needs $300.00, sending in my donation now.

Come on Angels, check your office draws, your pocket books, under your car/couch seats, I am sure you can find $5.00, $10.00 (every penny counts).

I've got 6 some change...I'm heading out to the streets in our community to try and get some more money and drop it off to TLC. Haven't gotten much sleep...yet can function...that's all I need.

Going to go check up on Peter(Joey's DAD)and see how he is hanging on there...and start poking him incase he may need a little push.

THANK YOU LOTS PEOPLE(ANGELS)...hope you guys could meet him...promise I'll tape him and hopefully CINDY/IMOM can help out so you guys can see little Joey recover to the little boxing wonder pup again.

JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE>>>SO COME ON AND HELP< PLEASEIPB Image

So I'm gonna go walk around and fry in the sunIPB ImageTell you how much I was able to raise...FOR JOEY!!!

--Blue ^.^Love ya all for the support you have been giving my friends.

So far this is what I got so far...IPB Image

Will show when I get back...wish me luck!

AND to all out there...

IPB Image

Blue, what a nice thing you are doing for Joey. You are a good friend to Peter. As long as you are soliciting donations on the steet...might I suggest canvasing the area around TLC. I know that on such a nice day as this (not too, too hot) there should be alot of people milling about and there are alot of animal lovers around there, I am sure. (I live south of SM Blvd. on Robertson)

Can't wait to see a picture of that jar full!!!

Edited by Lynette IMOM

Joey's Dad,

My heart goes out to you and to joey. I can't pay my phone bill right now but please somebody help him.

Karla

Half way there - thank you Celia!!!

Come on Angels - work your Magic!!!

Come on Angels - work your Magic!!!

I'm so happy that donations are coming in for Joey!!

He's getting closer every click .

Hang in, Joey.....help is on the way!

Cindy/IMOM

It is so great to see Joey so close to his amount. I am have a Lab, Mollie, with cancer, so she is a PIN, and I do so wish I could help.! I was able to get a $100 dontaion from Actors & Others for Animals, but I live in Callifornia and I am not sure if that is where they limit their help, but it could be worth a try!

Joey will be in my prayers. Tons of love to you, and I hope you are able to raise the rest! This is such a great site, I know they will help you, too. And what emotional support! There are such wonderful people on this site! Mollie and I are so grateful to be here.

XOXOXO.

Gail & Mollie

I'm so happy that donations are coming in for Joey!!

He's getting closer every click .

Hang in, Joey.....help is on the way!

Cindy/IMOM

Another $50 for Joey! Only $125 left...Blue, how much have you raised? It could be even less!

GO ANGELS GO!

Cindy/IMOM

I was able to get a $100 dontaion from Actors & Others for Animals

What a great idea, Gail! Peter, Blue...you should give them a call. Their # is 818-755-6045

Only $125 left.

Angels, we're so close! I know Joey means the world to Peter. I know we can raise this last amount needed.