Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

Bandit McLean

1,347 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say 'Hello' to all the Angels !!! :rose: AND ~ Bandit and I would like to wish each of you and your fur babies a most lovely week !!! :)

Thank you so very much for all the very wonderful and special things y'all do here with IMOM !!! You truly make such an amazing difference in the lives of others !!! :heart:

:hugs:

And love ~

Donna and "The Bandit" :wub::magicmoon::wub:

Hello to all the ANGELS !!! Hope you and your babies are doing well ~ in spite of the weather ~ where ever you may be !!!

Here, for me and the wild and crazy Bandito ~ it's been pretty hot and humid :P ~ neither one of us like that - at all !!! We supposedly have a 'break' for the next couple of days ~ only up to the mid to high 80's [if we're lucky :lol:] ~ then it's back to this 'hot AND humid stuff !!! Bleck !!! :P That's what's kept Bandit off his food. And, I have to be careful: as to the time, and what it is, that I give to him !!! I can't afford to have his royal highness to sniff, meow, walk away, and let any more of his food go to waste !!! picky, picky, picky !!! :rolleyes:

Well, all ~ I'm afraid my back is acting up right now !!! :unsure: So, I don't know how the rest of today will go !!!

Just know you ALL will be very much in my thoughts, my prayers, and my heart !!! And ~ I SO appreciate everything you do to make others lives so much easier, and so much better !!! :aktion033::butterfly::claphands::thanks3: SO MUCH !!!

With LOTS of LOVE and

Donna and "The Bandit" :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:pp_animal_616:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Hi Donna,

I hope Bandit stays on his food. And I hope your back stops acting up! I am sending hugs and scritches to your sweet boy.

Take care,

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Donna,

I hope Bandit stays on his food. And I hope your back stops acting up! I am sending hugs and scritches to your sweet boy.

Take care,

Hello Tracy !!!

I am SO very, very, very sorry for not replying to you sooner !!! I have been extremely ill [besides the norm ~ which is always a daily challenge] ~ it has been difficult for me to function [the cramps & pain have been bad :sad: !!! This horrendous HEAT and humidity has reeked havoc with both Bandit and myself !!! :sad:

I just don't know how much longer we can tolerate this weather ~ my poor baby, I only have fans, and can't afford anything else !!! :unsure: I give him cool water, and put and ice cube in it for him; I've tried to get him eating some people protein food !!! Yet his breathing is still somewhat rapid [i noticed, when paying attention to mine, it was too :ohmy: ] !!! I am thinking this is because of the weather and the 'heaviness' of the air ~ with the high humidity and all his thick long fur !!! I hope. If ANYONE, knows of ANYTHING else this might be attributed too ~ PLEASE Post you ideas, suggestions, etc.

Thank you for being so kind as to mention my back ~ it's one of the 'regular' things on 'the list' :rolleyes: ~ so it can be a matter of degree to severity of being unable to much of anything, to even having a decent day !!! You just never know 'when' !!!

I gave Bandit your scritches and hugs ~ and he purred and stretched !!! Content Big Baby Boy !!! ;)

How is your Cody Boy doing Tracy ?? Well, I hope. And YOU ?? Keeping y'all in my thoughts and prayers !!!

Have any plans for the Labor Day Weekend ?? :banana:

Looks like this 'Heat Warning' and 'Power Alert', now 'Power Request' ~ is still going to be with us for another week . . . with NO relief in sight !!! *boohoohoohoo* :sad:

Please make sure you give Cody Boy some special lovin from me, and some special rubbin' behind his ears !!! ;)

:hugs: and :wub::heart::wub: to you Tracy ~

God bless y'all for your understanding and patience !!!

Donna and "The Bandit" :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

BTW ~ I forgot to say: Thank you to my Angel(s) for the box of syringes, and the vile of insulin I received !!! :biggrin:

You all do so much to help make my like easier, and to help my sweet sweet baby !!! :wub:

And extra special THANKS to Tracy ~ for all your hard work, keeping up with the cases; the orders; the correspondence; the applications; and all the many many things you do to keep IMOM such a special place !!! :heart::wub: (((Tracy)))

**BIG HUGS** and Love & Prayers to you all ~

Always,

Donna and "The Bandit" :ten:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:wub::magicmoon::wub:

Hi Donna,

Oh, I'm glad you're around and back on the forum; I was concerned. I'm sorry to hear that it was because you have been very ill :sad: I was hoping that wasn't the case.

I'm glad you got the insulin and syringes. Not sure that Bandit will be happy with me for sending him a bunch of sharp needles, though :P

Aww, purring and stretching when he gets his scritches and hugs, what a sweet, content baby.

I hope that the rapid breathing is only because of the weather. It has been horribly hot and humid, hasn't it. Geez, another week of this weather and the power alerts and power requests? UGH!

Thanks for asking about Cody :stripekitty: He's doing really well :banana: I'm doing fine, too. No plans for Labor Day except to try and stay out of the heat B)

And extra special THANKS to Tracy ~ for all your hard work, keeping up with the cases; the orders; the correspondence; the applications; and all the many many things you do to keep IMOM such a special place !!! :heart::wub: (((Tracy)))

Aw, thanks for the kind words. :heart:

I hope you and Bandit have a great Labor Day weekend and that you are feeling better. Give Bandit more hugs and scritches from me.

Just stopping by to check on The Bandit and his Mommy! How are you feeling and how's the heat today? So sorry that you have to suffer with the hot weather, but hope you're doing okay otherwise.

Just let us know when you feel up to it! Thinking of you lots and wishing you the best!

Kitty

Hi Donna,

Oh, I'm glad you're around and back on the forum; I was concerned. I'm sorry to hear that it was because you have been very ill :sad: I was hoping that wasn't the case.

Hello Tracy,

Just checking in, for a few. You can almost 'always' depend on the fact that if I'm not on the forum for a lengthy time, it is because of medical/health reasons [or a slight possibility of computer problems :wacko: ] !!!

As for the insulin and syringes ~ why 'No', The Bandit Boy wouldn't be mad at you !!! :) He's very good about his shots ~ 'now' !!! [That's a looong story for another 'cooler' time.] He does get upset with me however, should I accidentally miss the right area, if he moves or something !!! There is a "Yeouch" from him, and A LOT of apologizing from me !!!

As far as his rapid breathing ~ it is most definitely due to this awful, awful weather !!! Today was the absolute worst !!! [My other big pedestal fan I had for the living room, well, when I tried it last week, it just wouldn't do anything !!! And it is SO needed !!! To make a long story short, I think it may be the cord, but then again, I'm not exactly sure. The worst part is ~ there is NO money left from my fixed income to get another fan. And The Digital Thermometer I have in there, was at 96.7 degrees when I checked it around 2:30 - 3:00pm !!! It's 4:15am and it's reading 85.4 degrees !!! Yuck !!! :sad::blink:

Labor Day afternoon and into the night became very laborious ~ working diligently to keep my heavily panting over-heated precious baby cooled down as much as possible !!! Not too mention, worked on getting some fluids and food into him !!!

At a certain point neither of us were doing too well ~ So, I took my Bandito to the bathroom [where he gets his 'manicures]; I put some cool water in the bottom of the sink, and proceeded to work and get him in [i have the battle wounds to show for it; however, he did not have as much 'fight' in him as usual :sad: ] I managed to get his 'feetsies' nice and wet, along with some other parts of him ;) ~ he 'allowed' me to wet him down with wet paper towels, The Bandit's preference over a washcloth.

The news said it was about 106 - 108 degrees outside today ~ bleck ~ NOT Bandit's kind of weather !!! [or 'mine' either :P ] It's supposed to cool down in a couple of days, to around 89 !!!

I am praying, and my wonderful special boy, Bandit, has paws and whiskers crossed !!!

I'll be sure to give The Baby scritches and hugs from 'Auntie' Tracy [hugs maybe after it's cooled down some ;)] !!!

And, please give Coty some special kisses, scritches, and hugs from me !!!

I hope your Labor Day was all you wanted it to be !!!

And 'cool' too !!! ;)

With Love and,

Donna and A very worn out 'Bannie Boy' :wub:

P.S. I hope you, and all the other angels have a wonderful, and 'cool' week !!! :heart:

Edit: found out my dig. temp gage is few degrees low :blink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Just stopping by to check on The Bandit and his Mommy! How are you feeling and how's the heat today? So sorry that you have to suffer with the hot weather, but hope you're doing okay otherwise.

Just let us know when you feel up to it! Thinking of you lots and wishing you the best!

Kitty

Hi there Kitty,

Thank you so very much for checking in on us !!! As I told Tracy in the post above, Labor Day was very very difficult on The Bandit and me too. [Neither of us were feeling that great to begin with !!!]

'They' say: this was the hottest day of this heat wave, and we will be in for a cooling trend as of Wednesday. I hate to say it, but I've heard 'that one' before. :P However, I DO so hope and pray 'they' are right ~ I am filled with worry about my precious baby ~ and I don't think we could go through another day like today anytime soon !!!

The struggle will be to get the 'house' cooled down !!! Oh, how I miss my trees they had to cut ~ and, Oh, how I miss my large oscillating tall pedestal fan !!! :sad:

Thank you so much Kitty for you kind thoughts and your special wishes. They truly mean more to me than you could possibly ever know !!! :heart:

I'm sorry to have to bring this to a rather abrupt close. It's just the pain is getting the best of me right now, and I need to check on my super-duper special boy !!!

Please come back and visit again !!! It truly means a lot !!! :wub: Keeping you and your loved ones in special thoughts and prayers !!! Take good care !!!

Donna and "The Tuckered-Out Bandit" :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:heart::magicmoon::heart:

:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Just checking in with everyone to say hello from Bandit-land !!! :catwatching:

I came so scary close to losing my my baby Monday, I don't want to be away from him for too long.

I did have to wet him down again good yesterday ~ I'm glad this horrid heat wave didn't completely fry what brain I have to use, 'and' what an internet friend had told me about the unfortunate and very tragic way she lost one of her precious babies . :sad: I have to now admit, I had never in my life seen a kitty pant the way Bandit did on Monday !!!!!!!

I can finally breathe again . . . and so can he. 'They' were right, the weather has 'cooled' albeit this 'hot house' hasn't cooled in kind !!! The Baby is back drinking and eating on his own, and even laying on the bed with me, and HIS breathing is much improved from the week's events !!!

So, I'm going to get to this achey-breaky bod out of this overly heated computer area, and back to be with Bandit for now ! :wub:

Thank you angels for everything you do for us. It is appreciated beyond measure !!! :heart:

And ~ for the IMOM Committee volunteers, all of you most special people, thank you SO much for the hard work you do, and for this place, too !!! :wub:

Hugs, and Love ~ And, may you each have a blessed day !!!

Just checking in with everyone to say hello from Bandit-land !!! :catwatching:

I came so scary close to losing my my baby Monday, I don't want to be away from him for too long.

I did have to wet him down again good yesterday ~ I'm glad this horrid heat wave didn't completely fry what brain I have to use, 'and' what an internet friend had told me about the unfortunate and very tragic way she lost one of her precious babies . :sad: I have to now admit, I had never in my life seen a kitty pant the way Bandit did on Monday !!!!!!!

I can finally breathe again . . . and so can he. 'They' were right, the weather has 'cooled' albeit this 'hot house' hasn't cooled in kind !!! The Baby is back drinking and eating on his own, and even laying on the bed with me, and HIS breathing is much improved from the week's events !!!

So, I'm going to get to this achey-breaky bod out of this overly heated computer area, and back to be with Bandit for now ! :wub:

Thank you angels for everything you do for us. It is appreciated beyond measure !!! :heart:

And ~ for the IMOM Committee volunteers, all of you most special people, thank you SO much for the hard work you do, and for this place, too !!! :wub:

Hugs, and Love ~ And, may you each have a blessed day !!!

Glad to hear you and Bandit are doing better...hopefully you're hot house is cooling down now and hopefully we've seen our last heat wave until next year. It's been a strange summer, it seems like it gets really hot and then abnormally cool...I actually thought about turning the heat on a few nights this summer.

My puppies probably wouldn't have liked that too much though, they are wearing coats!

Glad to hear you and Bandit are doing better...hopefully you're hot house is cooling down now and hopefully we've seen our last heat wave until next year. It's been a strange summer, it seems like it gets really hot and then abnormally cool...I actually thought about turning the heat on a few nights this summer.

My puppies probably wouldn't have liked that too much though, they are wearing coats!

Thank you so much Mar !! The house is gradually cooling, as long as I keep it open and the fans going !! :)

We haven't had 'abnormally' cool out here, however...especially to the point of thinking of turning on the heat ! But I am 'certain' your puppies wouldn't have liked that at all !!! Particularly since I'm sure they are wearing such very nice coats too !!! :lol:

We may not have seen the last of our hot weather, as 'they' mentioned on the news about some 'Santa Anas' in the forecast ! [Talk about get out the lotion, chapstick, migraine meds :P ] And plenty of cold, cold water for the Bandit and me ! It only happens out here in the south west ~ hot, extremely dry, and desert winds ~ and scary for fire season since we've had such extreme drought !

I worry about Bandit's sinuses too, since he sometimes has a little snoring when he sleeps.

He's been pretty much the lazy one the past few days ~ just laying around the house, hanging out by the back screen and enjoying the cool night air. But when it comes to wanting his food ~ then he's active, and he certainly has a way of letting me know he wants to eat !! And while I'm getting it for him, my goodness, the 'poor Baby', you would think he hadn't eaten in days !!! He has such a 'meeeeow' as he paces by his placemat ! Then when he's eating, my gosh, he makes such a mess. The poor baby never did learn to eat or chew properly for some reason ~ he doesn't have all the teeth on each side [one Vet said some cats just aren't born with them] . . . although he makes up with his fangs 'big-time' when he chomps on me !!! :blink:

Thank you so much for stopping by and checking in on Bandit and me ! We hope you and your puppies are well. Bandit sends them head butts and paw swipes ! And may the weather be nice for all of you !

And an extra special thank you to an angel for their most kind donation to replace the large fan to help Bandit and me stay a little cooler during these heat waves !!! Thank you from the bottom of my :heart: May God bless !!!

:hugs: And Love from ~

Donna and "The Bandit"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there from 'Bandit-land' ~ [i think we need a waving 'smiley']

Things have been pretty quiet here. Keeping the fans running 24/7 [Thank you again so very very much to our 'special angel' !!! :waycool: *BIG HUGS* and :rose: :rose: s to our angel for helping us to stay cooler, and keeping the air circulating so Bandit and I can breathe !!! YAY !!! :banana: And, bless your kind and caring heart !!! :wub:]

The temps have been in the the mid to low 90s, and 'tomorrow should be hitting a cooling trend ~ which I 'know' the Baby will enjoy !!! :biggrin: He should be feeling more up to playing some Bandit games.

I have noticed he has just in the past few days, gotten gray around his whiskers !!! It's just not like my lil sweeters ~ Afterall, he is 'only' 12 years old, that's not very old, although I know he has had some major stressors in his precious life in the last 6 months. The time at the Pet Emergency Specialty Hospital back in March; and the difficulty recouperating at home. Then the wretched heat wave. that got so bad for him by Labor Day. And, I guess I can't forget my bathroom ~ he stresses over that, very much, as I can't use it ~ which means he can't follow me in doing the Bandit type things he does when he's in there, including sticking his 'tail' where it doesn't exactly belong ~ with a little 'trill' and a quick glance of: 'You know you were born to scratch the base of it, and make me feel good; AND, don't

forget some petting and cooing too !!!!' He has been very stressed, when he goes in there and there's an inch of water all around, and alerts me with multiple loud meows, to let me know it is broken [or in this case ~ 'still' broken] !!! :sad: I can't get the valve behind it to shut off - it's corroded, and caused an even bigger flood ~ so it is to the point the floor needs to be replaced as well !!! *sigh* :sad:

I have been mopping up with towels; put a small bucket where the main leak 'appears' to be ~ bottom line, it appears to be getting worse !! And Bandit goes in and checks periodically, not happy at all with what he finds ~ and I am none to happy about the other commode, which will not handle a 'normal' flush !!!!! I was in there till 5am the other night with the plunger, until I got blisters; now, it's doing it all again and my back, hands, and arms just can't do it !!!

Poor Bannie Baby ~ he SO likes life better when things he is involved with are in good working order !!! I must agree with him; and wholeheartedly too. I much prefer when these things are working properly; and, I'm not so trapped without having someone to call; and not knowing 'who' could help !!! Hopefully, something will work out for us, I never cease praying !!!

Well, my BBB has been laying here eve so patiently for a snack, and he certainly is overdue to have one ! So, I guess I had best bring this to a close.

To our angels ~ Thank You so very very much for EVERYTHING you do to help make Bandit's and my world a lot easier !!! And a BIG :thanks3: to ALL the angels and volunteers who work so hard, and do so much to make this a truly special and wonderful place, In Memory of Magic :magicmoon: Thank you so very much for each and every single one of you !!! And may God bless each and every one of you !!! ~Straight from my heart, Donna, Bandit's mama ! :heart:

*HUGE HUGS* and Much much Love to each of you, family and friends (-;

Always ~

:wub: Donna and "The Banditmeister" :wub:

:rose::ten::heart:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Hi Donna and Bandit,

A waving smiley would be very cool :) Speaking of cool, I'll bet both you and Bandit will enjoy the cooling trend. Hopefully he'll feel more like playing those fun Bandit games. Cody hated that heat wave too. We have A/C but even that couldn't really keep up with that heat and humidity. So, even though the heat was affecting him , what did he do when I'd open the door to the patio? - run outside to eat grass! :ohmy: I'd say, no Cody, it's 108 out here! Let's go inside! I had to pick him up and bring him inside, he wanted to stay out and graze. Cats can be so silly :P

Cody is about Bandit's age, and he's getting that "gray around the muzzle" look too. Poor Bandit stressing over the bathroom! I'm sorry you've got unusable bathrooms and standing water. Gosh, what a mess that must be! Hopefully it can get fixed soon.

I hope you and Bandit have a great weekend.

Tracy and Cody too :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Tracy and Cody,

Hope you all had a good weekend ! :) Ours was relatively quiet. Sadden by the Chargers rather pathetic loss to New England *sigh* Not looking like the team of last season at all. :sad:

Can't believe that crazy Cody. . .running outside, away from the A/C, out into the 108 degree heat to eat grass !!! :wacko: That must be some mighty fine grass you're growing Tracy !!! Sounds likes your Cody is 'hooked' on it ~ especially if he'd rather be out it the yuck-O 108 heat and humidity, versus your A/C !!! ;)

I'm praying we don't ever have any heat waves of that intensity again ~ EVER !!!

We are TOTALLY looking forward to cooler weather ahead !! Bandit especially, so he can get into playing his more favorite 'Bandit-type' games !!! I imagine y'all are looking forward to cooler days and nights ahead too ~ and better sleeping weather !!! :happydance:

Yeah, 'El Bandito' has a 'thing' about the bathroom. Particularly since it has become a ritual for him ~ following me there, and pulling on the door, etc., to the point I just leave the door open, and thus began his special tail scratching, rubbing and cooing. Also, should there be company, [onces he knows them], he follows them to bathroom to, he gets a closed door, disappointed, but waits for them to make their exit none the less and then escorts them back out into the livingroom !!! ROFL

Oh, almost forgot to mention, His Royal Funness, also used to like to use the bathtub for Hide-And-Seek !!! It has a lovely tri-panel door enclosure versus a shower curtain, and at one point, after a great deal of effort and due diligence, he discovered he could pull open the end panel(s) far enough so he could jump in the bathtub and hide !!! B)

Mind you, the first time he did this during our game, I really didn't notice the opening in the enclosure as it really wasn't that large, so I just continued calling for him and looking, and was seriously puzzled as to where he might be hiding :unsure: ~ SO, as I was into the hallway, ZOOM out he comes, feet flying, semi-crashing into me, and down the hall he tears and into kitchen [all this time having a tough time maintaining a grip as he went from linoleum to hard wood [unfinished] to linoleum again ~ plus, he's a tad aerodynamically challenged [he's a large kitty with big feet with fur between his toes] !!! :P It was ALL quite a startling, yet fun, AND funny sight !!! ROFL So we incorporated hiding in the tub in to our game, until My Precious got tired of it; and particularly when he realized the degree of difficulty was significantly heightened after having a manicure. :glare:

He's also my Big Boy Protector, in the event there is a problem in the main bathroom; i.e., the toilet is running for way to long [and the water is potentially rising], this will require several very 'different' loud 'yeowls', often followed by him standing up to look and check the water level ! :ohmy; [Quite the 'Handyman' ;)] This is, naturally, accompanied by more loud 'yeowls' !! And, I of course, overly praise him for his acts of heroics, and encourage him to check some more !!! :wub:

So, with the problems we have been having as of late ~ it has put a serious crimp in Bandit's lifestyle, in terms of play [he still will run in there when playing Hide-And-Seek], and in terms of daily routine ~ following me in, for his daily special tail rubs, loves, and coos, and rub against the bag of Epson Salt by the bathtub !

I decided to take care of the standing water/continuous leaking water this weekend ~ at least give it major break, for me - by mopping it all up, and then turning off all the water at night !!! I had filled the tub, and a few gallon containers, so I figured this would help give it a chance to dry up some too. Also later turned on the heater in the bathroom and closed the door. It most definitely helped A LOT !!!

And, I have done it again each night, keeping it turned off a little longer. Wish I would have thought about this SO SO much sooner !!!!! Anyway, 'this' is a VERY temporary solution, until I can figure out who to call to 'at least' fix the valve !! *sigh* I'm praying I can figure out something soon to help me come up with a plan on how to get this bathroom working !!! [At least 'one' of them !!! :P ]

Well, My Big Beautiful Baby is climbing up on my chair ~ not interested in what's one the computer - just interested in getting me off, and getting him a snack ! And from the clock in the right hand corner, it looks like it IS snack time for My Baby !!!

Thank you so much for coming by and checking on us Tracy :heart: and you too Cody :stripekitty: ~ we SO love to hear little tid bits about the Grody Cody, and always keep him and all the PINs here close at heart and in prayers !! Much much :wub: and :hugs: to you all !!!

And Tracy, Sir Bandit sends paw swipes and head butts to His Majesty Cody, King of KFC !!! :P Love and Tons of hugs all around from me to each of you !!!

Much, much LOVE, and *HUGE HUGS* to each and every one,

:wub: Donna, and "The Bandit" too :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Thanks for the Bandit update. I just love to hear about all of his antics! I can just seem dashing around on his fat furry little feet. Brings a smile to my face.

Hope things are getting better for both of you.

Kitty

Hi Donna,

Yeah, the Chargers didn't look their old selves, did they?

Oh yes, Cody is crazy for grass. Even with no teeth, he still loves to "chew" on it. I thought the heat would drive him back inside, but he's hooked on his cat grass :)

I love this cooler weather! I'll bet you and Bandit do, too.

LOL, Bandit sounds so cute with his bathroom rituals. Cody likes to visit me in the bathroom, but only the downstairs one. He doesn't care about the upstairs one. My guess is that the downstairs one has to remain closed, or the door will block the hallway, whereas the upstairs one is always open. I think it's that element of mystery :)

:roll: Hide-and-seek in the bathtub! Bandit, you are such a funny kitty!! He sure has a bunch of fun games to play.

I hope you and Bandit have a great week, and that your bathroom gets fixed soon.

Tracy, and Cody too :heart::stripekitty:

Thanks for the Bandit update. I just love to hear about all of his antics! I can just seem dashing around on his fat furry little feet. Brings a smile to my face.

Hope things are getting better for both of you.

Kitty

Hello Kitty,

How are you ?? Thank you so very much for stopping in and checking on Bandit ~ and his 'oh so fun' antics !! I am glad you can envision him trying to 'dash' around here on his big fat furry feet !! :) It 'really' is quite a sight !! And he brings smiles and truly laugh out loud moments to me . . . I absolutely love him SO VERY VERY MUCH !! :wub::heart::wub:

It's been a pretty quiet week here. He's been lounging about enjoying the abnormally cooler weather we've been having ~ AND ~ being very very picky again about his food !!! :blink:

Anyway, I hope everything is going well with you and yours. Bandit sends kitty kisses and purrs to you !!

Thank you so much for your well wishes !! Keeping fingers and paws and whiskers crossed, and praying a lot !!

Take good care, and please stop by again !!

*BIG HUGS*

Donna and Bandit

:wub::ten::wub:

Hi Donna,

Yeah, the Chargers didn't look their old selves, did they?

Oh yes, Cody is crazy for grass. Even with no teeth, he still loves to "chew" on it. I thought the heat would drive him back inside, but he's hooked on his cat grass :)

I love this cooler weather! I'll bet you and Bandit do, too.

LOL, Bandit sounds so cute with his bathroom rituals. Cody likes to visit me in the bathroom, but only the downstairs one. He doesn't care about the upstairs one. My guess is that the downstairs one has to remain closed, or the door will block the hallway, whereas the upstairs one is always open. I think it's that element of mystery :)

:roll: Hide-and-seek in the bathtub! Bandit, you are such a funny kitty!! He sure has a bunch of fun games to play.

I hope you and Bandit have a great week, and that your bathroom gets fixed soon.

Tracy, and Cody too :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Tracy,

How are you and Cody doing ?? Hope you had a good week !!

Honestly, I'm so bummed about the Chargers. Two weeks in a row now !! :sad: They definitely have changed from last year. I don't think it will be the same without the old coaching staff, just my humble opinion.

Well it sounds like Cody will do 'anything' for his special grass !! That's so cute !! :)

Yep, Bandit and the bathroom are an interesting combination ~ but, you certainly can't get him 'in the tub' if there's water in it ~ THAT'S FOR SURE !! LOL :lol:

We have 'really' been enjoying this cooler than norm weather !! It is such a wonderful relief from that unbearable heat !! They said on the news it will be back in the mid 80s in a couple of days, i.e. 'the norm'. But, this was truly very nice while it lasted. I'm just sorry we didn't get anything but a sprinkling of rain where I live. :sad: We're in such an extreme drought, and then with that 'unique' storm that moved down ~ then we end up being in a 'dry slot' ~ rats !!!! We need rain SO badly !!

Bandit really 'did' turn white over night after the horrendous Labor Day heat ~ it just broke my heart he was under so much stress :broken_heart: I just love him SO SO much !!!! :wub: Even some of the fur on the bottomof his feet and in between his toes, is white [or light light tan looking] now. I talked to my girlfirend in Texas, and she said she knew it to happen that quick as well.

At any rate, the Spoiled Baby has gotten real picky with his food this week !! :catwatching: Making mama a little more nuts-o than she already is :lol: !! And he's been rather laid back this week. Just a little chase down the hall; and go to the top game trying to catch my finger; and a few of our under the cover games !! :P

Well, I hope y'all have a wonder week !

Give Cody some hugs, scritches and love from me !!

And, :hugs:

and love to you Tracy from Bandit and me !!!

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Oh Tracy ~ I forgot to say . . .

Thank You so much, for sending the syringes !! ((HUGS)) AND, HUGE :thanks3: to our Angels for all the wonderful things they do for Bandit, and for caring ~ It means so very very much to me !!! :heart::wub:

And, Happy Fall to All !!! :)

:hugs: And Much Love to each and every one ~

Donna and Bandit too !!!

Hi Donna and Bandit,

Yeah, 2 losses in a row for the Chargers! I'm surprised.

I wish that cool weather would stay. We got some heavy rain showers out of that storm.

Oh geez, getting picky with his food now! That makes me nutso too when Cody does it. I'm glad Bandit seems to be doing well, and still playing some under-the-cover games :) Cody thanks you for the love, hugs and scritches. We send the same back to Bandit.

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Hello Tracy and Cody too :)

Thank you so very much for coming by to visit us !! :wub:

Yes, I certainly would like this cool weather to stick around. It's so crazy how we just got enough out of that weird storm to wet the streets, and y'all got some heavy showers !! Wacky weather !! :rolleyes:

It's been strange this past week too :lol: I have been feeling quite ill this past week, and wasn't up and around much at all. Bandit took it all in stride, the little nut-nut !! When he wasn't up laying on the bed with me, snoozing or playing, he was lounging around in the livingroom or on the floor. He lounges in the most absurd places, like the middle of the entrance to the hallway, or the kitchen . . . you know, wherever he can be the most inconveniently located for me !!! LOL It seems he's not happy unless I have to step over or around him. :P Of course at night, when I have very little in the way of lights on [trying to save on the electric w/ a fixed income]; he has a tendency to change his positioning, and as my eyes are not that good in the dark, what with his dark body too . . . that's when things get a little dicey for both us, and I can accidentally bump in to him !!! Which gets him very upset [and me too] !! And of course, has me fretting and apologizing out loud and scurrying about in the dark trying to get a hold of him, so I can pick him, and cuddle, and tell him: how very very much I love him, and very sorry I am, and I didn't mean to hurt 'my Baby' !!! When that is all taken care of, and I've made sure he's okay [and he is then striving to get down] ~ the need to use the 'little girl's room' is quite dire !!!

Bandit had also been enjoying my use of my extra large heating pad during this cooler weather too. I had been switching it from my back down to my feet ~ and he was certain it was meant just for him, versus the arthritis in my foot, and warming my chilly tootsies !!! ;) So, I was leaving it down there, flat, so he could, do his 'kneeding', get comfy and take some nice naps !! :biggrin:

Well, early Friday evening, my very special girl friend from PA called me to chat. So I was laying on my side with the heating pad laying across the shoulder area of my back, and Bandit - of course - laying in front of me. We were chatting away, and I started smelling this really odd smell . . . since my Baby gets the hiccups, and I have to 'burp him', I certainly wasn't going to put any flatulence past him ~ especially since 'His Royalness' had immediately taken his leave !! So, I proceeded to ignore this, and carried on with my conversation. After a bit, I could hear Bandit crunching on his dry food in the background, yet this strange, yet indistinguishable smell persisted. I began thinking, in the back of my mind, that maybe this was one of those 'episodic smell-thingies' you can sometime get at the onset of a cold or a sinus infection. Confused, and not wanting to get side tracked, I proceeded on with my conversation ~ As she is certainly the one person I know who can truly get me laughing out loud over daily life occurrences. :) As we were laughing and talking, Bandit came over to the bed, looked at me, gave a 'trill', and then took off ~ In my laughter I was ignoring 'the smell', however, now I smelled smoke, and looked down the side of the bed ~ the Control to my wonderful King Size Heating Pad, was enveloped in smoke, and about ready to catch fire !!! :ohmy: So, I immediately shut the control to 'Off'; told my girl friend to 'Hang On for An Emergency'; and quickly unplugged it, and took it to where there were no cloth or paper items which it would come into contact with - in the event of creating a spark !! And there you have it:

Tracy, Cody, All the Angels ~ My Baby, My Bandit ~ A HERO !!! :wub:

The Baby came over when he noticed the smoke, and tried to alert me with his 'trill' ~ I think he's a pretty amazing wonder-cat !!! :felineicon:

So, Tracy and Cody ~ How was your week ?? How is Cody boy doing ?? Well, I hope !! Bandit most certainly appreciates all the love, hugs and scritches, and thanks y'all very much !! Do y'all have any plans for the upcoming week ?? Are y'all going to watch the Chargers tomorrow against Kansas City ?? [We're keeping fingers, paws and whiskers crossed here for the Bolts !!]

Sending lots of love, hugs, a few head butts, and some special scritches, to Cody, and to you Tracy ~ from Bandit and me !! :rose:

And Thank You Angels ~ for your help, your caring and your support !!! It means more to Bandit and to me than you could ever possibly know !!!

With MUCH LOVE, and

TO EACH AND EVERY ONE YOU ~ from my :heart: to yours ~

Donna and Bandit too !!! :wub::ten:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:wub::pp_animal_616::wub:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel

Oh my goodness - Bandit!! You are a hero!! :banana::cool026: WHEW!!! Donna, thank goodness your sweet boy persisted in letting you know that smell meant something was very wrong. I am so glad you caught that heating pad when you did! Bandit, you are a very very good boy!

I saw part of today's game - mostly the mess that was the second half. I thought of you and said to myself, oh, Bandit's mom is NOT gonna be happy with this! Geez. 1 and 3. I was shocked at how poorly they played against the Chiefs at home.

I don't have too many upcoming plans for the week. Cody has been doing so-so. He was ill during the night - actually very early Saturday AM. But his new med for nausea and vomiting seems to help. I am to give it to him as needed. His appetite is much better today and no vomiting since 1:45AM on Saturday :banana:

:hugs: to you and the Bandit

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Just a quick note to let y'all know . . . I had a 'very' bad fall yesterday and had to go to the E.R. :sos: [thought I had broken my knee, chin, and jaw] Poor Baby was scared by the fire engine. He's been very loving since I've gotten home ~ but I really can't be on the computer, as I can't bend my knee, and I feel 100 times worse today than yesterday.

Hope y'all will understand.

:hugs: and love

Donna and Bandit

Oh no!! :ohmy: Donna, I'm really sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you start feeling better instead of worse very soon! Take care and get lots of fur therapy from Bandit.