Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vickyimom

Wildpaws Magical Merlin (and the adventures of the Zoo)

460 posts in this topic

Today my Merlimouse turns 9 years old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Many of you already know Merlin, and the rest of the zookids. For those that don't..... Merlin is a malamute (I'll bribe someone to post a pic for me). He is the love of my life, and a medical mess. He has cluster seizures, DM, has had surgery for blockage twice, and a host of other *lesser* problems. And I cherish every single day with my little man :))

Lots of other mals here at the zoo....Finn, Moose, Willow (aka FrogDog), Mudge (aka Moooo), Angel, and my mix Miss. Some kitties too.....ol' Stormcat (he's 22) and Picasso and Lloyd.....and also a snapping turtle and a hamster.

Anyway - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MERLIN! You are, and always will be, my bestest boy ever.

Vicky

Edited by vickyimom

Happy birthday Merlin!! My Lady Bug girl says don't feel old, 9 years isn't so bad! You get lots of extra attention and special treatment (and extra treats ;) ) it's the good life!

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Merlie--and many more. Hope you get lotsa Whelpday treats and kisses from your mom.

Auntie Celia

Happy Birthday Little Big Guy!

Vic - send me a pix and I will be more than happy to post it for you.

Thanks Linda!

Pic coming! It's one of my all time favs, it's my little man dancing with me :)

Can't wait for the party tonight!

Vicky

Happy Birthay Merlin! May it be the best day ever. What time should we show up at the Zoo for your party? We'll come in our sled. :dogsled:

Juli, Callie, Ava, Tori Kay and Cooperman (will there be flies as party gifts?)

Merlin! You really are the apple of your mama's eye..... even though you've given her quite a few heart attacks along the way. :lol: But here you are, on your 9th birthday!! :cool026: Have a happy, happy day and a very good year.

Meet Merlin the MalaMonster! He's georgeous isn't he?

[attachmentid=3615]

post-17-1181857306_thumb.jpg

He is ever so handsome--and it looks like he's an excellent dancer too.

Big smooches,

Celia

Happy Birthday Merlin!!

:birthday4:

I hope you're dancing for many many more years to come. :heart:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Merlin thanks everyone for all the good wishes! Pictures of the party coming soon :)

And Kim told me I should point out my own size.....lest anyone think I'm a midget standing next to him, LOL

I'm 5'8" and a sturdily built farm girl :)

Merlin LOVES to dance with his Mama. Sad to say, that with the DM, his dancing days are over :( But in his heyday, when we would do our school demos on sledding, we always including a short song and dance, and the kids always loved it (he can sing as well as dance, of course)

Vicky

Merlin LOVES to dance with his Mama. Sad to say, that with the DM, his dancing days are over :( But in his heyday, when we would do our school demos on sledding, we always including a short song and dance, and the kids always loved it (he can sing as well as dance, of course)
Well, Vic, Merli's cabaret days may be over, but he is still one HANDSOME boy.

And BIG.

Really, really BIG. :roll:

Love the birthday cupcakes!

Thanks Linda for the pic so everyone could see that party :)

Merlimouse LOVED his pupcakes :) And there were plenty to go around!

It's why he agrees to wear the silly hat - CAKE!

LOL

Vicky

I really need to learn how to post my own pics! (Of course, seeing as it took me two months to find my own birthday thread, don't anyone hold their breath.....)

Poor Merlin had another set of seizures Monday night, his third since Memorial day weekend. (For those that don't know, Merlin is epileptic and has had cluster seizures for years, we do our best to control them with meds).

And, Moose ate yet another chain link gate yesterday in malcatraz. I'm going to have to get a second husband - one that works for a fencing company! I think Mark would approve, LOL, he's tired of helping me fix the gates :)

Always busy here at the zoo!

Vicky

Vic,

I'm sorry about Merlin having seizures. Poor baby. And Moose - good heavens! Will that boy eat anything and everything?! Yep, definitely need a second husband in the fence biz, or at least a chain link subsidy :P

:hugs:

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Well, as soon as IMOM has the fence fund, I'm applying, LOL! Altho we need the chicken fund first for Cody :)

I have to find a way to teach Moose to "just say no" to chain link. I never really thought about fencing as an addictive habit before Moose. Before you know it, he'll be up to a three gate a day habit!

Vicky

Did I not post on this thread to wish Merlin a Happy (now well belated) Birthday?!?!? FOR SHAME! Happy Birthday big fella!

I am sorry about the seizures-that is a scary thing.

And...uh...the gate. Wow-not sure what else you could do to fortify Malcatraz. Guard tower?

LOL, Jean, we already have a guard tower at Malcatraz! Moose doesn't seem to care, I think he knows he can outrun the guard :)

I'll have to get some pics up of the rest of the zookids.

And now, a short story about Mooo (confusing, we have a Moose and a Moooo). Hub changed the ring on his cellphone. It's a nice ring, sorta sounds like a musical waterfall. But it's DIFFERENT, and Moooo is terrified of everything. Phone was on the counter, it rang, and Moooo SCREAMED and ran into the other room, away from the evil noise making thing.

Poor guy. He had such a crappy life before coming to rescue. He was tied out on a short chain, no shelter, imbedded collar, HW positive (of course).

But he's here now, and very loved.

Vicky

Aw, Moooo. :hugs:

Tell him it's OK, Vic. All Mark has to do is leave his cell phone near the fence and brother Moose will eat it for an appetizer. End of scary ring tone. ;)

Just what I need, a ringing Moose :)

Poor Mooo has no idea that he is a big boy, in his tiny brain, he is little and afraid. But we are making progress. He didn't run from Picasso (kitty) the other day when he passed by. Of course, Picasso is a GOOD BOY. Pink Lloyd (kitty) on the other hand, likes to saunter by Moo and then go AHA! and make him jump. Stinker!

Vicky

Poor Mooo has no idea that he is a big boy, in his tiny brain, he is little and afraid.

Mooooo needs to come visit his cousin Vato, who views himself as small and dainty. They could play very carefully together, having due regard for each other's tiny body.

ROFL! I think that would be quite a sight :) I'm sure Vato is bigger than Moo (for real, not in his brain). Moo is only about 90 pounds - but looks a little bigger because he is *fluffy*

We'll have to plan a playdate!

Vicky