Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
NewLifeNKiss

The Days That Follow

5 posts in this topic

How can the birds sing and the sun still shine?

Do they not know the huge loss of mine?

The winds are all calm with a gentle breeze

My heart is aching with no sign of ease.

The day is new and the sky is all clear.

Memories of my loved one are still very near.

Today’s forecast, there is no chance of rain

Someone please tell that to my soul in pain.

On days such as this we would laugh and snuggle.

A beautiful day without you seems like a struggle.

Time keeps coming through the day and the night.

Hours upon hours, I miss him with all of my might.

The flowers are in bloom and the grass fresh with dew

How can this be enjoyed with me missing you?

Tomorrow is another day with promise and light

To get through the present is my biggest fight.

My friend is not here as he crossed to his award

My heart cannot stop feeling the sharp end of the sword.

I am promised to meet him again so they say.

Until that time, Lord help me through this day.

Bill;

How special your poem is! I often have felt the way you wrote about. I think of someone who is feeling the pain of a loss or hearing bad news about a family member being sick etc. and wonder how the world can go on when that member of the community is feeling so bad! Sometimes I think...today was great for me...but for another it was horrible and wish I knew how to help that other person. Your words but into writing what I'm sure we all feel sometimes. May God grant your prayer and help you to get through these days!

Hugs;

Nancy

Bill;

How special your poem is! I often have felt the way you wrote about. I think of someone who is feeling the pain of a loss or hearing bad news about a family member being sick etc. and wonder how the world can go on when that member of the community is feeling so bad! Sometimes I think...today was great for me...but for another it was horrible and wish I knew how to help that other person. Your words but into writing what I'm sure we all feel sometimes. May God grant your prayer and help you to get through these days!

Hugs;

Nancy

Thank you Nancy. It's kind of ironic how it feels when you're surrounded by beautiful things but you just don't want to see them. Today is a new day and it's still beautiful out...the difference is, today I'm enjoying it.

I think that's the most valuable lesson and why I wrote the poem in the first place. I embraced every feeling that I'm having because they're mine and nobody has the right to tell another how to feel. It's ok to be mad at the birds...they're just doing their job.

:hugs: