Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 4

1,019 posts in this topic

Sorry, that little TERRAPIN (AKA Terp) is the engine, not the caboose...

You'll find the RED & WHITE Terrapin is the mascot for the university of the state in which the NAVAL academy resides... archrivals to the Wolfpack... another team that wears BLUE. :bitchslap2:

I hope you and the boys both have a GOOD night tonight.

Edited by CatPaws

Ah, I know the Naval Academy is in Maryland!

Yup, just checked, and the University of Maryland --"their mascot is Testudo the Turtle, who was born in 1932, when Dr. Curley Byrd suggested that the school's mascot should be the diamondback terrapin. Their official colors are red, white, black, and gold."

We use :turtle: as the boys engine becuz slow and steady wins the race--I have a feeling U of M is not slow--at least I hope not. LOL!! I must admit I never would have guesses a football teams's mascot is the turtle--although he looks pretty fierce.

Of course lately we've been playing Kangaroo's and Ducks!!

Boo Blue teams!!!! :bitchslap2:

The boys helped cheer the Buckeyes to a win...well OK, Justice pretty much just slept on mommy's lap. LOL.

Thanks so much angels!!!

Oh no Cindy, I'm so sorry that Tuckie fell off his train. And poor Justice, this is just breaking my heart. I still remember those long trains from before and wish for new and longer ones every day.

my kids are doing well. Except Tigger, he's got a puncture wound in his back. He won't let me touch it I finally had to sit on him, its weeping a little and it smells. never rains but it pours I guess, so we'll be taking a vet trip on Monday. Got the fireplace all ready to go, its going to be cold tonight I think. got the boys beds out of storage and they are both snoozing by the fire (its not going yet) as I type.

Hugs to you and the boys, I hope its a quiet and restful night for you all.

Checking in on the boys. I am so sorry that Tuckie had a CP. He was chugging along so well!

Justice - you DO need a Magic Wand - I know Tinkerbell is around here someplace - alittle Pixie Dust and you should be back on track!

Wow, allergic to fish! OH! Here is one for you-I gave Mariele a little piece of deli turkey last week and she yacked almost immediately (time to get from kitchen to livingroom rug-LOL). I didn't think it could make her throw up that fast, but today I gave her another piece (I know-duh) and same time elapse and the poor little thing threw up her whole breakfast just like that. It might be the nitrates? Anyway, I was pretty shocked-it worked faster than peroxide!

I hope you are all feeling better. I hate not being able to do something to make things improve. BUT as has been said before, you've all got each other, and us (LOL-if you could see me right now you might say that's not such a good thing)!

Tuckie is napping on his recliner. He has had a great WBD--as I said before it started at 6:45AM, with his giggling purple eggplant toy being tossed on my head. If I was a mean mommy, I would toss some toys at his head now while he is sleeping--lol. I looked over as I finished typing that, and Tuckie opened his eyes a bit and looked at me as though saying-but mommy, u wouldn't do that.

Justice was napping, but then for the third time today started head bobbing, and also this time his teeth were chattering. I am worried becuz this part of his seizure activity is escalating. His GM learly this AM was abt 2.5 minutes, so it's longer then the 30 sec and 1.5 min of the night before, BUT, thankfully not over 15 minutes either.

I hope he doesn't have anymore GM's or any seizure activity tonight.

We all need to get some sleep!

Hi Deb, we have a frost advisory for tonight!!! They say it may hit between the mid and high 30's!!

I wore a sweatshirt all day today--I LOVE sweatshirt weather!!!

I imagine the furnace will end up coming on sometime during the night here.

Oh the boys (well all 5 puppers) love being near the fireplace. I sometimes worry abt Tuck becuz he gets sooo close, and I pick him up and he is SO HOT!! We have 2 gas fireplaces. One is in the small living room, more like a parlor. It's where we all go when we lose power in the Winter. The fireplace can keep all 4 humans and 5 puppers warm. The other gas fireplace (used to be wood) is in the family room. It may even be on now. LOL. The pups love being near that warmth!!

Is urs gas or wood? How do u keep the kitties away from the fire--just with a screen??

I'm so sorry Tigger was hurt. I hope he doesn't get an abscess. If u can, clean it up a bit. I used peroxide on Tuck's tail when he had puncture wounds. I'm glad u can take him to the vet Monday, with a puncture wound there can be a lot of bacteria, and Tigs may need an antibiotic.

hugs to u and the kids!

Hi Linda, have u noticed something abt Tuckie??? He is now often having a CP or two--and then STOPS!!! No days of seizure activity!! :banana:

Now if Justice could do so well!!!! <sigh>

I am worried abt him tonight...

hugs to u, Andee and Bella Bee

Hi Jean, wow. keep some of that turkey available if she does need peroxide ever--she sure would take it better then peroxide!!!

May be the nitrates. She definitely seems sensitive to it!!

Geesh. What is it abt leaving a room where it would be so easy to clean up yacking (gosh we have lots of names for throwing up. lol), and going to a room where there is carpeting????

Under the boys beds (that are on top of my bed) I have some paper plates. Seriously. They are great for grabbing out and sticking under their mouths (they have some kind of coating so it doesn't go thru the paper plate). The weird thing is Justice keeps trying to move his head as he is being sick, so he doesn't get the paper plate dirty. ARRGGH!! Ya gotta love 'em!!!

I wish u could be here too...but it is so nice having "family" here that I can talk to. I know everyone here at home has to get tired of seizure stuff all the time. I'm sure u guys do too--but u never say it, and u just don't have to read their thread if u are tired of it. But sometimes, like a short time ago, I went down and said Justice had his third CP, and I got "oh" in between a TV show.

I don't know what I expect of them, but sometimes "oh" or "oh Justice" isn't enough--sometimes it is, and sometimes when I am especially worried-well it just isn't.

So u guys get to read my ramblings abt the boys. LOL.

It does make me feel better though to "talk" abt it--u guys are all so great!!!

hug all the kids, esp my Kramer!!!

Thanks so very much angels!!! :banana:

Oh Cindy, I wish I were with you right now giving you and the boys hugs. When people do not have pets, they just cannot understand how we feel when they get ill.

When you need that hug or extra support, close your eyes and we will all be there surrounding you with our love and support for you and the boys, giving you hugs, shoulders to lean on, ears to listen, and tears to shed with you.

I hope tonight will be an uneventful night!

:hugs: Cynthia

Cindy, sorry to hear that Tuckie fell off that darn train but he will get right back on. Poor Justice just cannot catch a break. Fighting off those darn seizures and bees to boot! we are keeping our fingers crossed that the new diet will help the tummy and in turn the brain to calm down. I have been suffering from one of those lovely change in the weather colds and have been awol the last day or so. I may continue to lay low the next day or so, but you and your kids are in my thoughts. Give the boys a Ruby beard tug and hug to you.

Ruby Mae & Melanie

Gee, first I need to do the good news!!!

As of abt 10pm, Tuckie is at ONE DAY!!! :banana::motimonkey:

===============T :1icecream::turtle: ================

Tuckie is asleep. I tried to not allow any giggling veggies to come into the bedroom tonight. But, I just went to the bathroom, and saw somehow a carrot (squeaky) and the eggplant (giggly) made it in. I guess I just stopped the pepper and tomato from coming in. I would pick them up while he is sleeping--but I just KNOW it will giggle and wake Tuck. He would be ready to play again, I have no doubt!! I just hope the bombardment of veggies isn't so early in the AM!!

My baby Justice is having a tough time. I was almost glad he had a grand mal at 12:10AM, becuz he was still head bobbing off and on, and he had the limit of meds for that. But then he had another GM at 2:40AM.

He FINALLY seems to be asleep with no head bobing or any other seizure activity.

He definitely is escalating, so I hope his brain calms down for the rest of the day. I wish it was Monday. I do not want to take him to the ER if I can help it...

Hi Cynthia, the friends I live with (like brother/sisters) do own the other 3 mini's in the household. They love the boys, but I guess when u are around something so much u kinda get used to it. Kind of like --oh Justice had a seizure-so what's new. They don't say that of course, but from the "oh" response after I say Justice has had another seizure- that is what it feels like.

So even though they are wonderful, and would do anything for the boys...it's great to come here and get support.

When you need that hug or extra support, close your eyes and we will all be there surrounding you with our love and support for you and the boys, giving you hugs, shoulders to lean on, ears to listen, and tears to shed with you.

That is so much what I try to tell others--it really does help to be able to visualize and open urself to what u described.

Thank you SO much. I needed that, and felt the hugs after Justice's last GM.

Hugs and thanks!!

Hi Melanie, oh I forgot to say that one of the other pups was stung by a bee yesterday AM (well I found out today what is stinging all the them are actually wasps). Then David was weed eating and didn't realize the wasps were in the ground where he was weed eating. He riled them up and was stung. He was lucky it was only once!!

So, in a 3 day period--4 puppers and 1 human were stung!!

It was hard to find wasp spray since so many folks are spraying for them. Everyone is saying they are very bad this year.

David said it was painful for several hours after the sting. yikes. I keep thinking abt Justice holding his rear leg up, and Tuck plastering his nubby tail against his butt--poor brave munchkins!!

David sprayed the hole as well as the places out front--darn wasp's!!

Please give Ms Ruby Mae some scritches and snuggles from me. Please feel better and take it easy!! hugs.

Thanks so much angels!!! It's 3:30am and Justice does seem to be sound asleep...God, I hope so.

Dear Cindy,

I tried plaster and the new gel stuff that sets fast and makes an inverted paw print when you fill it with plaster in a mold, and they didn't work very well. The kit that worked for me was a bakable clay that came with a hinged frame. You roll out the clay, fit it in the frame and then bake it after you make the print. you can write a name and dates on the clay too. The other half of the frame has a matte and you can put a picture in it. I got it at Michaels, and can call them and find the name of the kit if you'd like. For once, I actually threw the box away!

I hope you are getting a little sleep tonight. Big Hugs and lots of prayers to you and the boys. You are in my heart. Hopefully Tuckie will keep his train moving and let Justie jump on soon.

Kathy

Hi Cindy,

Sorry I've missed the boys' thread for the past day and a half or so...wow, lots going on. WBD for Tuckie, giggling veggies, and a fresh new train :) Poor Justice, though. I'm sorry he's still having so many problems.

:hugs:

Cody is a big-time couch potato now. When I throw one of his toys to get him to chase it or pounce on it, he just sits there and looks at me like, "no way - you go play with it!!! I'm sittin' right here!" LOL :lol: Very occasionally, he will climb into his cat tree in the bedroom, but it's very rare. Sometimes when he's out on the patio, he'll chase leaves, and if a moth comes in the house, look out!! But mostly, he's sedentary.

Geez, yeah, I saw Michigan lost AGAIN!! What's up with them?! If I recall, OSU beat the heck out of somebody yesterday...I didn't see the game but I was kinda watching the scrolling score ticker on the bottom of the TV screen. Russ and I love college football but mostly just enjoy watching whoever. I don't have a favorite team. His is Montana because he went to school there, but he's like me - watches whoever, and always looking for a good, exciting game.

Oh, I hope Justice stays asleep and that Tuckie stays on his train. Sending lots of positive, restful thoughts, and hugs. Cody sends head butts and purrs.

:wbd3:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Edited by Tracy IMOM

Tuckie was nice enough not to hit me in the head with any giggling veggies early this AM. He seems tired, but is doing OK.

Justice stopped after 2 grand mals last night. He is beside me with his head on my leg.

Hi Kathy, thanks so much for the info, and copying it here too-that was very sweet of u.

I'll go into Michaels one of these days and check out cost and what they have. I would never have thought abt looking there! Thanks!

hugs

Hi Tracy, that Cody is a character. I imagine u are right that he is saying for u to play with a thrown toy. lol.

Another thing Cody and Justice are the same with--moths...or for Justice any flying thing in the house. It's like he is in the jungles of Africa and he is going to get his moth!!! LOL. When the leaves start falling the puppers chase them too...and bark at them. LOL. Alien intruder leaves. hehehe.

Well Michigan did lose 2 in a row--but yesterday beat the pants off Notre Dame.

Tell Cody we loved the head butts and purrs--at least he doesn't throw veggies at my head!!! LOL.

hugs

Thanks so much angels!!

Geez girl you just can't get any breaks! I hope those boys get on a train together soon and take a long leisurely ride for your sake as well as theirs. I cannot imagine a bee stinging those cute little babies. You've mentioned giggling veggies. Are they the veggie tales veggies? I cannot imagine what Ruby Mae would do with a giggling toy! She generally just kills the squeakers in any new toy she receives. Very few make it more than a week with this one. Fortunately, I am her favorite toy and I do not have a squeaker. I guess I am more of a squawker!!! Trying to be funny to take your mind off of things at least for a moment.

Ruby and I are thinking of you and the those beautiful boys! I think we are all in need of a major WBD.

Ruby Mae & Melanie

Geez girl you just can't get any breaks! I hope those boys get on a train together soon and take a long leisurely ride for your sake as well as theirs. I cannot imagine a bee stinging those cute little babies. You've mentioned giggling veggies. Are they the veggie tales veggies? I cannot imagine what Ruby Mae would do with a giggling toy! She generally just kills the squeakers in any new toy she receives. Very few make it more than a week with this one. Fortunately, I am her favorite toy and I do not have a squeaker. I guess I am more of a squawker!!! Trying to be funny to take your mind off of things at least for a moment.

Ruby and I are thinking of you and the those beautiful boys! I think we are all in need of a major WBD.

Ruby Mae & Melanie

Hi Melanie, u are right , any breaks from Justie's seizures seem to be eluding us. <sigh>

I guess u feel the same abt Ruby's allergies!!

Veggie Tales toys that giggle would have been cute! These aren't the Veggie Tale characters--but are really cute.

The boy's auntie Kay has made sure they have all the veggies. Tuck in particular loves his veggies!! He carries them around, or lays his head on them--or bounces them off unsuspecting sleepers heads!

I found a link for them that had pictures (wouldn't let me copy just the veggies). It's the first site I found with a great pic of all of them.

http://www.funstufffordogs.com/Qstore/Qsto...ling+Vegetables

Thank u for ur humor--u did in fact make me laugh. Laughing is SOOO much better then crying or being sad or depressed. I always count on the boys comic relief aunties here to provide humor!! :peeing:

Hugs to Ruby Mae!!

Thanks so much angels!

Cindy: Just stopping in to wish you a RESTFUL night tonight... I don't know how you do it!

I want a train for both your boys that's as long as the one that goes past here at 3AM with full horns blowing.... and that is a very, very, very long train.

If it needs a few friends of Testudo to pull it, we'll see he sends them over!

Tuckie is stretched out snoring at the foot of the bed. He is doing fine! :banana:

Justice is beside me still head bobbing off and on after 30 minutes and 2 doses of meds...feels like a scary repeat of last night. I hope the 2 GM's are NOT included!

Thank goodness the neuro is in tmw--and I am praying we do something!! I really have no doubt he will do something, becuz I think he was expecting (hoping) Justice would stop all this seizure activity. The last time he and I spoke on Thursday eve, Justice's seizures were not long like they had been. So we both hoped he was calming down.

Oh CatPaws--a 3AM train blowing it's whistle as it goes by u every night??!! YIKES!! Well I am glad the boys have icecream trains so they don't give u nightmares!!

We used to live abt a half mile from a train, but surprisingly we got used to it. Of course I was starting to lose my hearing from an illness--so that may be why I got used to it-lol.

But seriously, people would sometimes visit and if the train happened by they would wonder how we stood it--it just went into the background. BUT...it sounds like urs is way too close, and WAY too loud!! Earplugs probably wouldn't even help!!!

It's not looking good for tonight--although my hope is his brain is just going nuts now--so it can sleep all night. I can always dream--and it might even happen!!

hugs...and u and "Daddy-O" did a GREAT job with the pennant challenge!! You made a huge difference!

hugs

Thanks so much angels!!!

:wbd3:

LOL- That train doesn't bother me... except when it doesn't blow it's horn! If I'm lucky enough to be asleep at 3AM, I'll wake up wondering what is wrong.

When I first moved to Jersey I was surprised at how bright the stars were and how many I could see.... until those stars started going in circles, and I realized they were the planes waiting to land at Newark.

It amazes me that Tuckie's and Justice's brains can have that many GM over and over again. I'll have to try to find the first thread and read from the beginning. We're talking years this has been happening to them???

Ice Cream is a good thing ALWAYS!

One More Paula

Cindy, I am so discouraged and worried about Justice. There has got to be something that can be done for him. I really hope that the neuro can figure it out tomorrow. For both the boys. If humans can have surgery to stop the seizures....why can't canines?

I still haven't heard back about the IBD meds from my friend yet. She only has access to the internet when she is at work.

I will pray for a never ending train that has all 3 of you on it!

Cynthia