Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 4

1,019 posts in this topic

Francine, I have to say I scare myself sometimes when I understand what u have written.
It's pretty scary. I just read it again and don't understand a word either. Sounds like a bunch of fluff to me.

Glad to see Justice racking up the days. I think what I meant with Tuckie was not to take him off the train because of the bobble until it's confirmed as a seizure. It's like Jade had a mini that had no negative effect, I kept the count going.

Have a good old weekend!

LOL Francine, that's what I mean--I did understand what u were saying --scary -huh?? hehehe. ;)

Hope Jadie bug is still racking up her days!

Hugs to u both.

The boys are still doing well. No seizures and no bobbles.

Tuckie is gonna get to 30 days tonight--I just know it!!!

We'll be back!!

Thanks angels!!!!

HI Cindy and boys,

So nice to read that both boys are moving forward. 30 days for Tuckie, wow! I had ice cream this afternoon for him. Sunny is still too young for dairy products, although he did turn 5 months on May 1st! I can hardly believe we're coming up on 3 months that he's been with me (5/17). Friday evenings are still tough for me, as that's when I had to let my LuckyDog go. If I"m home it's really tough. My friend brought her yorkie over today to meet Sunny. The yorkie had been one of LuckyDog's best friends, so he was a bit taken aback to find a puppy in the house. But after a bit of adjustment the two boys got along well.

I was reading what you wrote about Justice and the bobble head syndrome. I saw several links to Tourrette's syndrome. Are you familiar with that syndrome? I don't know if it's common in dogs, but in humans it is very distinctive. And very well controlled with meds. Let's hope whatever it is turns positive for Justice.

Took some new pics today, will try and post them tomorrow.

splight and Sunny

Ho Splight, oh wow, Sunny is already 5 months old!!! I am anxious to see some pics!!

Yes, I am familiar with Tourette's--I suppose it is similar in a way.

U are absolutely right

Let's hope whatever it is turns positive for Justice.
This is what I hope. It will be tough if the head bobing syndrome is what is wrong--just becuz of the fact it will get worse as he ages and his seizure meds will make it worse. But being something that won't hurt him (and I don't think with his epilepsy and all his seizure meds that they would treat him with meds), I guess it may be the better of any of the other diagnosis!

It is great that Sunny is getting so much socialization!! I wish the boys had!

hugs

OK...there will be a special announcement in the next post!!

Thanks angels!!

30 days for Tucker!!! EXCELLENT! I can't recall when he hit 30 days last time! I am so happy for him.

I have been thinking about the "head nodding". As far as I know, vertical head movements are not associated with cerebellar function. Gait problems are the most common. Lateral head movements (side to side) or "ear cocking" are often related to ear problems.

I am trying to invision this movement that Justice has. LIke a chin tipping toward his chest? Like a nodding "yes" repetatively?

TUCKER IS THIRTY DAYS SEIZURE FREE!

He has not reached 30 days or over in a couple years, and only 6 times in 6 years since his seizures began. His last time was when he had gold bead implants nearly 3 years ago (a few months after becoming a PIN here)--he got to his longest ever seizure free days--58 days.

One other time he reached 30 days was soon after he became a PIN, and Sue (his then neuro) decided to not treat or count the partials becuz they were mild at that time. So he racked up a lot of seizure free days , when he was actually having partials often. She quickly saw near the end of the 30 days, that his partials were daily and becoming worse--finally they started leading to GM's, and she started counting them again. So...he did hit 30 days--but not really seizure free.

Tuck has been a PIN here since April 2004--those 2 times are the only times since being here he has reached 30 or more days.

I just wanted everyone to understand how important, awesome, unbelievable, outstanding and just plain damn happy a day this is that he has reached THIRTY DAYS!!! :banana::motimonkey:

Tuckie's train

===T1 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle3: ===

===T2 :icecream5::icecream5::turtle3: ==============

[attachmentid=2902]

[attachmentid=2904] [attachmentid=2903]

Thanks so very much angels!

post-21-1178422558.gif

post-21-1178422769.jpg

post-21-1178423378_thumb.jpg

Hi Tracy, Justice thanks u for the extra icecream! I am SO glad Cody is still upchuck free. Gosh the kids could have a gang--they could be wiggle, bobble and grody. lol.

Give Cody some chin scritches nd chicken from me!! hugs

LOL Cindy!!! :lol:

YAY for Tuckie!! I'm sure he's hit 30 days by now! A whole seizure-free month - that is SO cool!!! :banana: Hooray for Justice, too, and his 2 days :banana: GO BOYS!! :cool026:

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Linda, yes, it's like he is nodding yes again and again. I have not seen a gait problem with it, but often he just goes to sleep after it. Sometimes it's only 5 or so little nods. He has twice I think gone off and on for an hour. When it's longer it gets progressively worse--meaning it becomes more like a jerking in the same movement. Carol was sure both times he was going to go into a GM--I thought so too, since the jerking at that point wasn't just his head, but included the front legs too. The valium has stopped it in the past. He often (but not always) is totally unresponsive. The neuro said that often dogs with head bobbing won't pay attention when u talk to them. But, I'm not sure I made it clear that he is totally unresponsive. U can call him, say treatie, or wave ur hand in front of him--there is nothing there.

At least he hasn't done it in 2 days!!! Although I would love to get more video.

Hi Tracy, the boys thank u for celebrating with them!!! wiggle and bobble send wags and licks to grody!!

Justice is at TWO DAY'S!!!!!!

==============J :icecream2::turtle: ===============

[attachmentid=2906] [attachmentid=2907]

Thanks so much angels!!

post-21-1178424388.gif

post-21-1178424466.jpg

Edited by k9sign

Aw Francine, thanks for the drumroll--even if it says Justice and not Tucker. LOL.

But I love it saying Justice since that will be a goal for him. Geesh were u around when he got to 4.5 months seizure free?? So, ur drumroll for Justice, is what will come in the future--soon I hope!!!

Thanks for celebrating with us!!!!! hugs

Thanks angels!

Good dogs!!! I know you make your Mama so happy.

I'm watching :magicmoon:

Tuckie is at 30.5 days!!!

Justice is at 2.5 days!! No bobble heads either!!

Both boys are outside checking out the property. Tuckie is full of energy again, and racing all over with his ball. Justice is just hanging out and walking around.

Everyone is celebrating Tuck's 30 days. He didn't even get in trouble today for trying to get the ironing board when Carol was moving it. It's TUCKIE DAY--and he can't do any wrong today!!! :cool026:

Thanks so much angels!! YOU have made this possible. YOU have given him THREE YEARS he would not have had without his medications.

There are no words to express how I feel. If u could see this little guy wiggle butting, tossing toys (even when they hit mommy's head!), playing, running, snuggling...

well u would understand. :heart:

Thank u for both my boys. :hugs:

There are no words to express how I feel. If u could see this little guy wiggle butting, tossing toys (even when they hit mommy's head!), playing, running, snuggling...

well u would understand.

Oh I understand Cindy. I never knew how sick Sissy was or how it affected her behavior, until she became well. Thanks to IMOM and the wonderful donors here, I can know the real Sissy. Which is good but can also be bad at times. It's just the nature of the Torti beast. :) I have recently learned that Sissy really likes men. She is a huge flirt...so cute. She was so isolated when she was sick that I really didn't know her. I am so grateful to be given the means to make my girl heathy again. It really is hard to find the words...

I am so happy to come here and see that Tuck has made it past 30 days. What a celebration!!! and Justice with almost 3...such good news. This is very encouraging and I know how happy you must be!!!

Give the boys some nuzzels and scritches from us.

Well, we obviously need some cake to go with all that ice cream!!!

[attachmentid=2909] [attachmentid=2911] [attachmentid=2912]

CONGRATULATIONS, Tuckie!!!

[attachmentid=2910]

post-30-1178472665.jpeg

post-30-1178472709.jpeg

post-30-1178472815.jpeg

post-30-1178472859.jpeg

Aw Francine, thanks for the drumroll--even if it says Justice and not Tucker. LOL...But I love it saying Justice since that will be a goal for him. Geesh were u around when he got to 4.5 months seizure free?? So, ur drum roll for Justice, is what will come in the future--soon I hope!!!
Oh, MANNNNNN! Fortunately, you know me well enough to expect a faux pas this monumental. I was in and out checking all evening and when I saw your 30-day post, I went berzerk.

Okay, Tucker, I owe you big time. I've given you the loudest drum I could find. Hold your ears buddy!

Yes, Cindy, I was sure here through 4.5 months with "Justice." I came aboard the 19th of August, so I was here through it all. I was the one throwing the dice, the 7 come 11 woman placing her bets on Tuck to stay aboard another day and then another day. So, now he's aboard and I completely diss him. Do you think he'll forgive me? Are all of your visitors aware of my insanity?

Tucker, I'm so proud of you!

[attachmentid=2913]

post-266-1178474310_thumb.jpg

I am so happy to read about Tucker, being 30.5 days free and Justice, being 3 days free :aktion033:. I was definitely rooting for both of them. We are hoping and praying for many more ice cream cones to be added.

Summer and I send our love, hugs, and continual prayers.

Much Love,

Marilyn and Summer

The Cootductor and all of the other furry ones in my house are going to celebrate Tucker's wonderful 30-day milestone with treats! I'm so very, very happy to log on and read the great news.

:banana: The boys are doing fine! :banana:

Both are napping in the sunlight coming thru the window.

Hi Lynette, aw so Sissy is a flirt, huh? Well That has to be so cute to watch.

Yes, I am sure u know exactly how I feel, and how hard it is to really express it in words.

I know what u mean too abt not knowing just how sick she was until she was well.

Sometimes it happens so slowly, and u just don't think abt the fact that they stopped doing something--until they start doing it again. That has happened with Tuck before. There is a place he lays on the couch (up on the back) in the living room when he is feeling really good. I have caught him so much this past month up there--but it wasn't until he was up there, that I thought--wow, he hasn't done that in a long time. It made me extra happy.

I am just so glad Sissy is doing so well--the little flirt!! hugs

Hi Kay, oh yes, with that much icecream--cake is a must!!! Hope u actually ate some--or some yummy dessert! hugs

Hi Diane, it is nice to have u back girl!! hugs

Hi Francine, now don't u worry abt putting Justice's name with 30 days--u are just seeing into the future!!

I went beserk myself when Tuck hit 30 days--so it's a wonder I even got the name right!!!LOL. I think it's so special that u got that excited too for Tuckie!!!

Now, how could I forget u were here supporting us that whole time with Justice. Well, heck, I barely remember what I ate this AM! Gosh u came August 19th-9 months--doesn't seem that long ago, and yet it also seems like u have been around making us scratch our heads, laugh and sometimes cry with u for longer then 9 months.

Tuckie thought his drumroll was awesome!

hugs to Jadie bug!!!

Hi Marilyn, aw it was so sweet of u to find the boys and check on them when u are dealing with the stress of Summer's mammary tumors and the up and down days of helping ur baby.

Thanks for rooting the boys on for more seizure free days--the boys and I hope Summer stays seizure free too!.

I'll tell u, I sure am rooting for Summer to get to All Funds Raised ASAP!! Both of u are in my prayers. hugs

Hi Laurie, oh the boys are so happy Coot and the boys' fellow kitty passengers are getting treats to celebrate Tuck's 30 day milestone. We hope u and Larry are getting some icecream or a fave treat too!!! hugs

ICECREAM FOR EVERYONE...or ur fave treat! It's a party!! :cool026:

Thanks so very much angels!!!

Ohhhh, what a wonderful day! Tuckie has it truly been three years since you got your gold implants?? Have I been hanging around this place that long... I remember your 58 days and am hoping for another of the same!

I'll tell A & K the good news in the morning when I talk to them, they will be sooo happy! They are close to you tonight....in Chicago. That's close since they normally work the west coast :)

Today, was a good day here too, we finally got my sweet ferals new home finished and moved them over here! First we moved Ebony ( a shy black boy) and he was really scared and tried to climb out of his new home, but the cat fence in unit (see their website www.catfencein.com ) worked and he stayed put! His old feral cat home is in his new enclosure and he soon settled down and climbed in it! About a half hour later, we moved Midnight, by beloved 8 or 9 year old feral ( a huge black boy with white on his chest) over. He was immediately relaxed in his new home, checking it all out and settling into his igloo ( a dog igloo that has been his and the other ferals for over a year). He lounged in the grass, ate and finally found Ebony hiding in his house! They have settled into Ebony's home for the last few hours, happy to be together again! I believe that Ebony is Midnights son from before Midnight was TNR'd. My third feral boy, disappered before I was able to trap him. He had been sick and possibly went to RB, or one of the old neighbors beat me to trapping him...either way we all miss Tiger :( Finally there is Princess. She is in a "recovery cage" nursing her babies that she had on April 18th (the morning after I trapped her)! Once I can remove the babies, Princess will be fixed and then join her friends at my home! The babies will be adopted out! I'm so happy that my ferals are now safe at my new home! I care for them deeply and have worked long and hard to make sure they have a nice place to live and be happy! It's now pitch black and I can't see into their enclosure. I hope nothing happens to allow an escape and all the devices work! I'll worry for a few days until they settle in and are comfortable here! Anyway, sorry for writing a book on your thread, I'm just so happy my boys are with me again, I had to share it with my favorite pups! (and their mommy)!

Justice, you hang in there sweetie! I KNOW you will soon have some restful seizure free days too!

Hugs to you all!

Auntie Nancy

Tuckie is at 30.5 days!!!

Justice is at 2.5 days!! No bobble heads either!!

WHOO HOO!!! That's great music to my ears :banana:

Quote:Thanks so much angels!! YOU have made this possible. YOU have given him THREE YEARS he would not have had without his medications.

well u would understand. :heart:

Thank u for both my boys. :hugs:

That is what IMOM is about :heart:

I hope both boys stay on their trains for a long, long time. Cody sends messy kitty kisses to you all.

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Tuckie is at THIRTY-ONE DAY'S!!

===T1 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle3: ===

===T2 :icecream5::icecream5::1icecream::turtle2: ============

He is already in bed.

Justice had the head bobbing abt 10:15pm. It was pretty intense and lasted over a minute--but I didn't get it on tape. I sure wish I had since it was constant bobbing, and so intense. He lay down immed after, but I had him get up and come to me for a treat. His walking seemed OK, so I don't think he has a problem in his cerebellum--at least I hope he doesn't.

He just came in with his "crybaby puppy" and isn't acting quite right. Trying to make a bed in a place he doesn't sleep. I hope he is OK.

I am going ahead and giving him his 3 days--he is only abt 30min away. Even if he breaks thru, he worked hard to get to 3 days and he is sooo close--he deserves it!!

=================J :icecream3::turtle: ================

Hi Nancy, I am really glad the ferals are safe in their new home. I hope u find out what happened to Tiger, and that he is OK.

I m glad ur feral babies are all back with u again, esp if it is a safer place.

I know u can't hug them all for me--but tell them to be good kitties for me. Hug Puddles.

Yes, PLEASE tell A&K abt Tuckie!!!!

Thanks.

Hugs!

P.S. Hiya Tracy, I missed ur post. Yes, helping the kids is what IMOM is all abt.

I never expected though when I first came to IMOM, that it would be just as much help for me. Of course Tuck being funded helped me too...but the emotional support and friendships were something I wasn't expecting. The IMOM family just wrapped the boys and me in their arms, and we are forever changed, and forever grateful. :heart:

Give messy faced Cody some smooches right on his messy face!!

Edited by k9sign

Hi Cindy, Wow, Tuckies now up to 31!!! I didn't get a chance to post but I did get to peak. It is the weekend before exams and the line is huge! Move over - don't they know we've got a train to catch!!

I can't even tell you how ecstatic I was to see this run. You too Justice boy! We're at least glad to see three days! Keep the chug on!!!

:heart:

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

Oh, my, Justice... head bobbing at 10:20pm--quite intense--no meds given.

11:30pm came into room and wasn't acting right. Had some staring episodes.

12:45AM--GM

We are still up. He quieted for a short time, then has been up-pacing, restless after the GM. I just went outside with him again. He finally has gone to sleep.

Hi Francine, the boys promise not to make turtle soup out of their turtle!!

Hi Martha Jane, Since Justice's neuro appt this past Thursday, I have been writing lots of novels in the boys thread- u have a lot of reading to catch up on!!! LOL.

I figured u may need to wait to catch up on the bobble head saga, until after finals are over!! We will miss u again this week, but know u will be back as soon as the finals are over and u can grab a chair in front of the pute.

Hug Baila beauty for me!!

Thanks so much angels!!

night...or good moring!