Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 4

1,019 posts in this topic

Poor little Justice.. I am so sorry for all he's going through, but pleased that at least he had gotten a bit of a train... and with the camcorder, at least seizure had some purpose. I hope the vid gives the doctor some insight into how to better help the little guy.

Oh, those storms sound awful. I hate storms, well, actually, I'm not fond of weather at all... and you know what a wimpy driver I am. I'm hoping the storms have gone away today and you and the boys have a good day.

I hope Coot isn't getting too tired--he does have some nice icecream he can snack on if he is gtting tired being the Cootductor!!

Me too - I hope Coot doesn't ever stop the train for Tucker, Justice and Callie's sakes! Cal's been chugging ever since her grand mal Sunday (10 days ago).

Wow, look at Tucker's ice creams. He's doing so well. I thought for sure he'd have to add another epi-med after you all took away the other one. Can't remember the name....did it start with an F?

Maybe Justice's "things" are like human "ticks"? That would be great if they weren't brain related.

Hugs to all,

Juli

Me too - I hope Coot doesn't ever stop the train for Tucker, Justice and Callie's sakes! Cal's been chugging ever since her grand mal Sunday (10 days ago).

Coot wants to assure all of his passengers that he will never get tired of being the Cootductor! He is fat and sassy and full of energy, and wants to keep driving that train!

Hope you all managed to get some sleep last night, and hope the boys are doing well this morning. Looking forward to seeing the train count today!

Tuckie is still doing fine!! He was racing around with his eggplant, and wore himself out-- now he is snoring. Tonight he will be at 27 days!!! :banana:

Justice is staying close. The neuro didn't call today, so we will be going to Columbus tmw.

Justice has his agility "therapy" tmw, and it's on the way down to Columbus, so I will go ahead and take him to agility since the neuro said it will help him, and then to his appt at 2pm with the neuro.

Hi Tracy, I am so glad Tuckie hasn't been derailed either. Ohhhh 30 days is SOOO close--Saturday night!! I am hoping the neuro will say --naw no need to worry abt what Justice is doing--it's not seizure activity. HOPE!!!!!!! hugs

Hi Kay, I must say it's one time I am glad Justice had seizures (if they are--I am really trying to convince myself they aren't--have u noticed??lol)--it's like u said -it had a purpose--getting the video for the neuro. He is having so many of these weird things that I will be worried if they are seizures. So now I am trying another tactic--making myself believe I am wrong. I hope it works!!!! hugs

Hi Juli, I am thrilled Callie is doing so great!!! The neuro took away the Depakote. If u remember though he did need to increase the Keppra a few weeks after stopping the Depakote. At first just the night dose and then a few weeks later the afternoon dose--but he hasn't needed the AM dose increased. WHOO-HOO!!! hug the Keppra kitty for me!!!

Ohh yea, tics--that's what we will hope Justice is doing--they are rather big tics--but I have seen people have rather forceful tics. Ohhh that would be great if what he is doing is having tics!!!! Now, I can think tic, tic, tic--unlike Martha Jane who is trying to stay away from the other kind of tick!!! Gee, maybe it is just some kind of quirk for Justice--and not a seizure! I like it!!

Hi Laurie, oh tell his Cootness I am grateful he will continue with the long ride. I am hoping he will soon be picking up Justice for more then just a day trip!! hugs

Thanks so much angels. Tuckie butt's Keppra just arrived. We bless and thank u all for giving me my Tuckie. :heart:

:wbd3:

Edited by k9sign

Tuckie is at TWENTY-SEVEN DAY'S!!!!

===T1 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle3: ===

===T2 :icecream5::icecream2::turtle2: ==============

Justice is at ONE day!!!!

===============J :1icecream::turtle: ================

Tmw is going to be a very long day. Justice and I will leave early AM and go to his agility, and then I will go from there to Columbus for his 2pm neuro appt.

I probably won't get online till 7pm or so, becuz of course I have to give Tuckie some special attention when I get back home!

At least tmw eve I will be able to tell u guys abt the video the neuro will watch, and what ideas he has to help Justice. Of course the nausea and frequent BM's have pretty much gone away--maybe the Tylan kicked in finally.

Well, we'll see what happens tmw.

Thanks so much angels!!!

:wbd3:

Whoo hoo!! A Double-decker train! YAY! :banana: Cindy, I am SO hoping that Tuckie makes it to 30 days! Then we'll have the fun of deciding what is the next cool milestone that he is going to reach :)

Wow, you do have a long day aheada of you, tomorrow. Get some rest, good luck with the appt., and have fun at agility!

:hugs:

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Cindy, We have at least been reading. This is looking so good. We'll be very eager to hear what the vet says about the video. What a wonderful thing to have been able to have caught it.

We hope your very long day tomorrow is a great one and will be patient but eager for the update at the end of it!

Hugs,

:heart:

Martha Jane, Baila, and Crew

Dr Fenner is not absolutely positive the bobble heads are seizures!!! Ya coulda knocked me over with a feather!!

He isn't discounting that they are seizures, but there is something small breed dogs, as well as dobie's (for some reason) can have where they bob their heads up and down. Seizure meds won't help--and often it makes it worse. Neuro's used to always think they were seizures, but meds made things worse. So they did EEG's on dogs while they were being watched by a video cam, and when they were bobbing -it did not show it's seizure activity. So he said it *could* be that, but he is also a little concerned it is something with his cerebellum becuz I told him while he does the bobbing he sometimes throws his head back.

Or it's seizure activity.

So here is the plan:

When I do the seizure log I put down "head bobbing event" or bobble head (since he does have other partial/CP's), so he can track them. He does not want him given the sublingual med for the bobbing for now.

He wants more video--it seemed really good to me, but he only did the bobble head a few times and not like he typically does where he can have them constantly for awhile. I guess I figured seeing only a couple, he would know what they were (I was wrong, I gave him too much credit-darn!) Plus with being a schnauzer and such long dark eyebrows--he couldn't see his eyes. He wants me to really zoom in to the eyes (which I tried this time, but the lighting wasn't great in the room).

He wants me to get him to walk immed after the bobs-- he is looking for a particular walk if it's a problem with the cerebellum--and I couldn't tell him becuz Justice has always laid down after bobbing his head.

So hopefully I can get more video's again before he stops bobbing--it can be hard to get in time, before he stops. But he said what he does after with walking is almost more important to see then the bobs itself.

The neuro said he "wants to get a better feel for them (the bobs) before we get aggressive treating them (if they are seizures)."

He is concerned abt Justice's GM's. He is concerned that they have increased. So he is increasing his night dose of Keppra. I call him May 14th with an update of GM's and head bobs (the bobs may become much worse if it's not seizure activity). He may increase the afternoon dose too of Keppra in 10 days, if the night increased dose of Keppra isn't controlling the GM's.

I am pooped right now, so I will save the agility stuff for tmw. He did really good.

In less then 2 hours, Tuck will be at 28 days!

I don't know what to do abt Justice's counting. Some of the folks who have been around here from long ago, may remember that for a month or so we stopped counting Tuck's partials in the seizure count, becuz Sue wasn't concerned abt them. She changed her mind after a month and seeing what would happen if we didn't treat them, so we started counting them again.

Should we stop counting the bobble heads as seizures for now, since it's not 100% that it's what they are, and just start counting his GM's and the other partials and CP's (that we KNOW are partials and CP's)???

He already has a 2 day train now--should we just go on from there??

Thanks so much angels!!!

Bobble head - like a movement disorder, wobblers syndrome?

I am sure you are pooped! Get some rest!

Hmmm, so can they do a ambulatory EEG and determine whether or not they are sezures???

We get lots of kids who have episodes that resemble seizures, reflux is common. Just wondering if his tummy issues are related to the bobbles.

Ya know Linda, he asked me when Justice opens his mouth sometimes during the bobbing head, if that is when he also licks his lips (I need to notice that from now on he said)--so I know he is thinking the mouth thing (it's like an aborted yawn, and he does it 1-4 or 5 times in a row) may be GI related. Never thought abt the bobble head too--that may be what he was wondering.

He said they could hook an EEG up to Justice, and he would just be in a cage or maybe a kennel that has a video cam. He would not be sedated, becuz of course that would mess up the results--plus he said dogs don't tend to like being hooked up to an EEG (DUH!). He said it's the only way to know for certain if the bobs are seizures. I think with the increase of Keppra (which would most likely make things worse) and also not treating them, that we will get a good idea pretty quickly if it's seizure related.

Linda, he was concerned abt the cerebellum--it seemed to be a separate issue then what he first talked abt. He only said it may be that, when I remembered he will throw his head back, and he said if that's what is causing this bobbing behavior, that it could not be related to GM's--do u think he is thinking tumor?? Don't worry, I have already thought that--so what u say won't upset me.

Driving home I also thought abt Wobblers syndrome--but not sure that was it. It could have been becuz with my hearing (or lack of.lol) I thought he said bobble syndrome--I could have "heard" it wrong. I know with wobblers they have obviously wobbley legs, but it's a brain issue--but I don't know if they have the head bobbing. I guess it's time for a "goodsearch" search!!

Ohhh he also said what he saw could be an "aborted seizure" where he is trying to go into a GM, but he has enough meds on board that he isn't fully going into it--but that's pretty rare.

Gosh I am glad u are hear to help me with this Linda--an epi expert (and friend) are much appreciated...and needed!

BIG HUGS!!!

Thanks so much angels.

I will be back to do Tuck's train.

Let me know what u guys think I should do abt justie's train. He will get 2 days tonight...but then how do we count?? Just the absolutely for sure at this time seizures?????

I looked at several sites abt Wobblers--none mention anything abt head bobbing--only the gait that is bad. So he didn't say Wobblers. Plus he said it's a disease or syndrome that affects small dogs--but also Dobies--geesh I think it's was dobs--it was a big dog and just 1 breed that is big. I was so stunned I know I wasn't processing everything.

Hmmm time for another goodsearch search. Maybe I can put in head bob, small dogs--we'll see.

Thanks angels!!!

Tuckie is at 28 days!!!! He is doing awesome!!

===T2 :icecream5::icecream3::turtle2: =============

Justice is at 2 days!!!!

===================J :icecream2::turtle: ================

Thanks so very much angels!!!

I did a goodsearch (many of them ,lol,). ONE of the possible diagnosis is the movement disorder, I think is "idiopathic head bobbing syndrome" I think he did say head bobbing syndrome, although I didn't know that was the actual name!! This would be a good thing becuz it's benign--meaning it's not going to hurt him. He just does it. It's more distressing to the owner then the dog.

So thankfully, one thing it could be won't hurt Justice, and he won't need meds for it. The bad thing is the seizure meds will prob make it worse (although something worries me abt that--giving him Lorazepam and valium has never made him worse). But even if the increased Keppra makes it worse--he HAS to have it to control the GM's.

Geesh, it is never easy with the boys. But I love them dearly!!

Mr. Bobble bobbled abt 10:30pm. I just made note, and gave no meds. I couldn't get the video in time, darn.

I am not going to count it --so Justice is still at 2 days!

Thanks so very much angels!

Hi Cindy,

Wow, so the bobble-head thingies may not be seizures after all??! I hope that whatever they are, the neuro can get a good idea as to what's going on. I'd think that what he's having you do over the next couple of weeks or so would give him some idea.

I think you shouldn't count the bobble-head episodes, because now we don't know that they are indeed seizures - and besides, everyone can always use more icecream!! :) I'm all for anything that can increase the length of those turtle-and-icecream trains. So let's give that boy a few extra cones, from me and Cody :icecream5:

I hope the increase in meds will do the trick.

I'm so glad that Tuckie is at 28 days!! Hang on, Tuck, I see 30 days right around the corner! Whoo hoo! :banana: If Cody can make 4 upchuck-free days - which he did tonite at 10:30 PM - Tuckie can make a whole month of seizure-free days.

:hugs:

I am not going to count it --so Justice is still at 2 days!
I believe in this philosophy entirely, as you know. In my humble (?) opinion, we who stay glued here (some with super glue others with rubber cement - first person singular) know the parameters differ widely. One little bobble isn't enough to knock Justice off the train. Besides, there are so many of us waiting for the ice cream, we can't afford to take a loss.

A bobble does not a seizure make. Well, you know I don't always make sense.

Cheers to the 28-day Tucker!

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom

Tuckie is at 28.5 days!!!! He is doing great. In fact , I was trying to answer an email from Juli, and he was pouncing (like a cat) on toys that were up on the bed, and tossing them up--nothing like getting hit in the head with an eggplant while u are typing!! LOL.

Justie, Justie, Justie...he bobbed his head last night at 10:30pm (which we aren't counting), so I thought we were home free...but he had a partial (all his other partials/CP's except the bobbing, we know are seizures) at 12:30am. Not the night I hoped it would be, for Justice or me.

Hi Tracy, Justice thanks u for the extra icecream--he is sticking some in the freezer for "just in case" days (he said he'll have some tonight even if it's not on a train).

The added Keppra didn't do anything yet as far as the head bobbing.

I want Justice to get more icecream too, so I agree since it's not absolutely positive the bobbing's are seizures, then maybe he will get more icecreams.

Tuck bobs his head at times with seizures, and I said that to the neuro--he said that's different, for Tuck it is def a seizure. I know Sue saw Tuck do it several times, and said it was a seizure, and I know the neuro saw him have a couple seizures--so not sure why it's different-but they are def the experts. I'm sure it is much easier evaluating something while it's actually happening!

Tuckie says Cody has to keep having upchuck free days, and he will do his very best to make it to tmw night (and beyond) seizure free!

smooches to the sweet messy face--oh Cody's too. :roll:

Thanks so very much angels!!

Cindy,

Wow Justice sure knows how to challenge his MOm and increase her knowledge base. ;):P Could he make it anymore complicated? Poor guy he sure has it rough.Give him some extra pets form me,buut i must say he sure is one fighter.I remember him fighting Abbi for the cry baby doll,and Justice won.

Tuckie is going to hit thirty i just know it>

P

and the boys

nothing like getting hit in the head with an eggplant while u are typing!! LOL.

LOL!!! :lol:

Cindy, I'm sorry that Justice had a partial late last nite. Tell him that he can have some extra ice creams, even if it's not on a train.

Cody is still having upchuck free days :banana:

Quote:smooches to the sweet messy face--oh Cody's too. :roll:

ROFL!!!!! :roll::lol:

:hugs: to you all and seizure-free vibes to both boys

Oops it took me so long to type the post--it seems like I don't often just sit and type the longer ones--I always stop to do something with the puppers--so although I start an hour before, I may not hit reply for an hour.lol.

All this said--

Francine, I missed ur post. I have to say I scare myself sometimes when I understand what u have written. :blink:;) But yes, u are right--until the neuro says differently--a bobble does not a seizure make!

Tuckie thanks u for the cheers!!!!

hugs to u and Jadie bug!!

Hi Paula, ya know I thought Tuck was a challenge--but at least his was all abt seizure control. Justice has had the added other medical problems, and now--whatever the head bobs are. I wish I could have willed him to have the head bobbing while the neuro and I were talking. But time will tell which it is--seizure or not a seizure.

At least the boys are not only a challenge to me--but to the neuro's and vets too!!

I half expected Justice to head bob all day since the increase of Keppra last night should make things worse--I don't know whether to be glad he hasn't, or not. I guess it is, what it is, and I can't change it. It's that elusive "it" or maybe the "is" that makes me crazy with this little stinker!

LOL, u are right, Justice won getting his cry baby from Abbie. Now he sometimes win's getting it from Rustie--but that girl has a head action on her that makes her win often-even when she doesn't really even want the toy--not always nice to her brother!!

But u are right, Justice is a fighter--he has an incredible inner strength--as does Tuckie.

I told Tuckie that u said he will make 30 days...he thinks he will too!!

Justice loved the extra pets from Auntie Paula. :heart:

hugs

Thanks so much angels! :heart:

and to add insult to injury, Tracy, that eggplant giggles when it hits Cindy :)

hoping the new dosage helps little Justice and that Tuckie just keeps chugging along..

Just got a chance to read about the head bobbing. All I can think about is....ok this is bad.....

Mr. Wiggle Butt :motimonkey:

and

Mr. Bobble Head :minichat6: (we need a bobble head emoticon!)

You know we love them both.... :heart:

Wow, lots to read and think about and absorb. I can see why your head has been spinning. (Not bobbling.)

I'm so terribly, terribly excited that Tucker is almost at 30 days! That is glorious.

Big hugs and smoochies to both of the boys!

HI Cindy, wow thats a lot to absorb. I hope they can get to the bottom of the bobble head. I can't wait for Tuckers 30 day party. I hope I will be here to celebrate.

Been a long week. My Niece is in from Texas but I don't know yet if she is taking Tyson. He's settling in so well here I hope she doesn't. I would hate to upset him again, he's just getting back on track. The boys are doing good. Jake is being a right pain in the butt. He always does that when I'm stressed. I wish he wouldn't cause it upsets me even more.

I hope you are getting some rest. I'm on my way to the couch but wanted to catch up with you and the boys as I hadn't been on in a while.

Hugs to all of you and your always in my thoughts and prayers.

Tuckie butt is at 29 days!! :banana:

===T2 :icecream5::icecream4::turtle2: =============

Justice is at 1 day!! :banana:

==================J :1icecream::turtle: ==================

Hi Tracy, Justice thanks u for the extra icecream! I am SO glad Cody is still upchuck free. Gosh the kids could have a gang--they could be wiggle, bobble and grody. lol.

Give Cody some chin scritches nd chicken from me!! hugs

Hi Juli, u are a very bad girl!! funny...but bad. LOL.

I have actually been calling Justice Mr. Bobble Head for awhile--now I just hope it's not a permanent bobble head. No Mr Bobble Head since last night though!!!

LOL, yes I do know u love them both!!!!

Hugs to Miss Callie--and no more blinkies for her!

Hi Kay, yes, tis true--the eggplant had the audacity to giggle when it hit my head!! Little stinker was having too much fun clunking mommy on the head--esp with toys that giggled--I think that was his plan from the beginning!!! hugs

Hi Laurie, oh glorious is a great word for Tuck being almost to 30 days--it is less then 24 hours away!! When I told the neuro yesterday that Tuck at that point was at 28 days, he looked up and said WHAT??? IS HE REALLY??? He was very happy!!

Tmw night--I am hoping will be glorious! I just gave them hugs and smooches from auntie Laurie. hugs.

Oh Deb, I hope ur neice doesn't take Tyson either since he is fitting in so well. It would be nice of her to let u know her decision though!! I do hope if she lets him stay, that it's a final decision, and she won't change her mind months down the road!!

Gee, u don't get to spend much time in ur bed lately. lol. I assume u are back on the couch becuz u gave up ur room for the niece.

U tell Jake that auntie Cindy says to calm down, and give u a break. He prob senses mom's stress and doesn't know what to do--so he acts up.

I hope u get to pop in tmw night and see that a certain little boy has hit 30 days!!!

hugs

Both boys are sound asleep.

Thanks so much angels!!

Edited by k9sign

I did a goodsearch (many of them ,lol,). ONE of the possible diagnosis is the movement disorder, I think is "idiopathic head bobbing syndrome" I think he did say head bobbing syndrome, although I didn't know that was the actual name!! This would be a good thing becuz it's benign--meaning it's not going to hurt him. He just does it. It's more distressing to the owner then the dog.

Yikes Cindy! Just when you think you've heard it all.....but I do hope that it is something benign, like this. Poor Justice!!

Chloe says she has a "movement disorder" too......sticking her head in purses and snapping up dollars! :lol: Funny, isn't she?

I have to say..... :banana::banana::banana: , that's THREE BANANA CHEERS for Tucker!!! Yippeee, we shall have to think of a way to celebrate when he hits 30 days, I just know he will make it, he's almost there. :)

Hugs,

Laura and Chloe

Tuckie is just 11 hours from THIRTY DAYS!!! :banana:

Justice will be at 2 days tonight!!

Tuckie is in fine WBD form. He woke me before 7am playing with his toys--even Justice looked at him like he was nuts.

Tuck doesn't often do that, but he is full of energy today.

I was just sitting on the guest room bed talking to Carol while she was on her computer, and Tuck was suddenly on the bed (he often can't get on it himself), and he ran up behind me and put both front legs on my shoulders and started licking my ear. LOL.

Justice hasn't bobbled for 1.5 days, plus he will be 2 days seizure free tonight!

He has carried up his 2 "crybaby puppies" into my room this AM. I'm sure he is hiding them from Rustie. LOL. We hoped with two toys, that Rustie would let Justice have one when he wanted it, since it is his security--but of course she wants the one Justice has--so now he moves them. So today he has been moving them around. It's like he is moving his baby to keep it safe too--Rustie has chewed on them and we have had to take them away becuz of holes.

Justice would have made a great mom--errr dad.

Chloe says she has a "movement disorder" too......sticking her head in purses and snapping up dollars! Funny, isn't she?

:roll: Yes, Chloe IS very funny!!! Of course we know she ALWAYS is innocent and if it APPEARS she is not--she has a good reason for doing it. Tuckie says Chloe is trying to just help some special PIN's with the dollars. ;) So that would be a good movement disorder!!! LOL.

Hugs to u, Chloe and the gang!

TONIGHT--THIRTY DAYS!!!! Everyone celebrate with :1icecream: or a fave dessert!!!

Thanks so much angels!