Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Renee-H

Butch Perkins

451 posts in this topic

Hi Kirsten,

Good luck on your finals! :luck: And good luck with the curve this weekend. I hope you and your dad come out of it unscathed :)

I keep waiting and waiting for him to have a "bad day" or a set back. I'm really amazed and ecstatic that he has been so well! He had a hairball the other day, but I'm just not going to count that! lol

No! No bad days! We want only GOOD days for Butch! And you're right - hairballs don't count. :biggrin:

I'm so glad that Butch is doing really well, likes his food, and can hopefully get his dental soon! He can join 4-toothed Cody in the Denture Club. LOL.

:hugs:

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Hello everyone. Sadly, I was unable to do Butch's Glucose curve today. :( I've had my hands completely tied up between studying for finals on Monday and taking care of a 6 day old kitten!!! Yes... somehow, I got landed with a 6 day old kitten. It's cute as a button and just tiny. She's very spirited, quite the fighter. She was abandoned at my hospital and no one else would take her, so I had to step up to the plate. I don't mean to complain.... but I am just so stressed out as it is! With work and school and Butch! Shew, another needy pet is a little much right now. But I'm all she has, so I'll make due, and try my best to keep her healthy and kicking. I will be looking for rescue organizations that might be able to take her though...... I'll post pics of her after finals week is over!

Speaking of which, next week is my LAST week of school and after that, I'll be freed up to spend lots of time on these threads, meeting new friends and catching up with old ones. I can't wait! :) I've missed you all so much!

Butch has more life than ever and plays much more frequently now. He looks like he's a young man again! I'll have to post pics of him next week too! I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to do his curve this time next week. Everyone send me good joo joo! lol

okay, it's time for bed. good night all. And thank you for all you do!

Hi Kirsten,

I'm glad to see that Butch is doing so well. Sorry that you couldn't do the curve, though. I'll bet you'll be glad when finals are over. And that kitten! She sounds adorable. Bless you for taking care of this baby while you have your hands full. Hopefully you can find a rescue org that can help out with her and take her in. I'm looking forward to the pics!

Sending good vibes that your next attempt at the curve will work out purr-fectly!

Hello everyone!!! School is out for the summer!!!! woo hoo!!!! I can have a life again! lol This week is going to be pretty much spent catching up on all the cleaning i've been putting off for the past month, and reorganizing my life. I've got to set a plan for the summer and get organized! Now i can also focus on getting Butch's glucose curve done! I'm going to have to do it on a day that one of my parents will be home to help me.... so I'm crossing my fingers for this coming Saturday. Hopefully, there will be no surprises, and my dad will be able to help me get this curve done. I'm SO ANXIOUS to see how it is and if we'll be able to schedule Butch's dental surgery! Cross fingers and whiskers everyone!!!!

The Butch Monster is still doing very well. He's eating all of his food. Playing, being completely obnoxious and a bully to Boots.... lol So all in all, I think he's feeling pretty well! haha

He gives me a dirty look when the baby kitten cries. Yes, she is still with me. I had found a new foster mommy for her, and I was very excited, but only about three days after she took her from me, she gave her back to me. :( Poor baby kitty. But I have lots of family members and friends who have offered to babysit her for me when I'm busy. She comes to work with me and I set her up a little bed in one of the kennels while I work. I've named her Elphaba, and we all call her Elphie for short. She's getting so big and lovely. I'll have to post pics very soon!

Well, she just woke up, so I better go feed her!

Have a great Mother's day all you mothers! And thank you angels!!!!

Happy Mother's Day Kirsten!!! I hope all you furkids gave you the love you so deserve. I know they did!

All my kids send head butts and purrs!!!

Hi Kirsten and Butch,

Happy Mother's Day! And congrats for surviving another school year. lol. I'm glad Butch is doing well. We'll keep fingers, whiskers, and paws crossed for you next curve attempt.

Thanks Lynette and Tracy! Mother's day was great. I had to work, but afterwards I made dinner for my mom and it was nice.

All animals are good and accounted for. Butch gave me a bit of a scare yesterday, throwing up after dinner. But on closer inspection, it was just a hair ball. So I'm not worried. He's got a good appetite and still beats Boots up on a daily basis, so I know he feels well. I told my dad we're going to re-attempt his curve this saturday. Dad's dreading it, lol, but I'm excited!

Baby Kitten is growing like a weed! She's so adorable and her eyes are trying to start to open! I can see little gleaming slivers every now and then. It won't be long folks.... :)

I REALLY need to post pictures! Unfortunately, I have yet to get the connector cord for my dad's digital camera. I'm working on it everyone. Soon... I'll have pictures soon!

Well, I have many errands to run and work to do, but I'll be on again later tonight... catching up on everyone's lives. I can't wait! I've missed you all SO MUCH! you just have no idea!

I love you IMOM! I love you ANGELS!

Thank you for everything you do!!!!

This has been such a frustrating day on IMOM. :( So much anger, frustration and grief. It's really bringing me down. I've always looked to IMOM and its community as a source of inspiration, strength, and encouragment. Today it's just making me feel down trodden. I'm so thankful that Butch monster is doing so well right now! It would be extra hard if he was feeling poorly. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Come on Angels, cheer up! :)

Hi Kirsten,

How ya doin sweetie? I am sorry that the issues you referred to managed to get you so upset. You need to understand where the frustration came from. It had nothing to do with the PIN parent himself. It had everything to do with the fact that this cat had been in this condition for many months and there were alot of donors and supporters trying very hard to get this baby funded. When he WAS finally funded, many days were still passing by with very little involvment by the owner in the cats case. Bottom line is that the cat will hopefully have his surgery tomorrow and that is the important thing. I also think there was offense taken when there was none intended.

Anywho...how is the Butch Monster? I hope he continues to do well and that you are not wearing yourself out with all that you do. How is the baby girl? I finally got a picture of Gigi up if you would like to take a peek. ;)

Please give all your kids some scritches and smootchies from us!!!

Thank you Lynette. I understand everyone's frustration. I just get so sad and overwhelmed when I see people so upset... I'm a bit of an empath. I hope to see everything resolved soon though....

I had just typed out this HUGE story about Butch and his curve, and Baby Kitten and all the drama that is going on in my household right now, and my computer booted me off and I lost it all. I tried to post a second time but my computer crashed then too:( GRRRR! I hate it when that happens. I've been having a LOT of computer problems lately, and I don't know how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix computers without spending a fortune? I have to hurry before I get booted again!!!

Anyway, it's about my bedtime now, and I don't have time to retype everything tonight. :( Tomorrow, I'm going out of town and won't be able to get to a computer till late, but I promise to fill everyone in on Thursday!!!!

I want everyone to know that I have pictures of Baby kitty to post, but I don't trust my comp to let me right now.... I will be doing that SOON

:)

Good night everyone!!!!!

Hello everyone! I'm finally getting a chance to sit down tonight and fill you all in on Butch's glucose curve! I think all things considering, it went well, but it was a whole lot of drama at the time.

Originally, the curve was supposed to be this past Saturday, but I wasn't able to get any help from my family (they really don't want to be involved in this), so I had to postpone it till Monday. My girlfriend Stephanie and my friend Lisa came down to help me and we spent the whole day poking and prodding the poor old man.

His first check of the day was 40, which was a little lower than I wanted it to be, but he hadn't eaten much breakfast that morning, so I kind of expected that. We weren't able to get a reading on the second stick b/c the blood clotted too quickly, and Butch was getting too frustrated, so we let him rest for a couple of hours. The third stick was 133, which made me REALLY happy! The fourth stick was 186, still good....

Before the 5th and final stick it was dinner time... but he REFUSED to eat. He was SOOOO mad. He broke my heart, just sitting there staring at me. I knew he was hungry, he was just so upset....

I tried and tried and tried to get him to eat. But to no avail. Because he wouldn't eat, I couldn't give him his insulin injection, so the last glucose check would have been pointless, so I opted not to do it.

The next morning he ate like a champ. Scarfed down his food. I gave him his insulin injection and I asked my mom if she would hold him for me so I could get one more glucose check just to make sure he was okay and that yesterday's not eating dinner and getting his insulin didn't throw him off too bad.

But he started to struggle and cry so much, and she just couldn't handle it so I let him go.

He seems to be doing okay now, but it just tears me up to see him so upset. I feel like I"m torturing him! He just looks at me like, "why are you hurting me?"

*sob*

I'm missing him right now. I'm still out of town until tomorrow afternoon. I'd call my mom and ask her how he is, but she doesn't know. She doesn't pay attention the way I do.

Well, I have to go now, but I'll be back home tomorrow and I'll try to get on here then. I'll be crossing my fingers though, b/c my computer at home has been really freaking out lately. I really need to find a way to fix it. Any suggestions anyone?

Goodnight!

Hello everyone! I'm finally getting a chance to sit down tonight and fill you all in on Butch's glucose curve! I think all things considering, it went well, but it was a whole lot of drama at the time.

Originally, the curve was supposed to be this past Saturday, but I wasn't able to get any help from my family (they really don't want to be involved in this), so I had to postpone it till Monday. My girlfriend Stephanie and my friend Lisa came down to help me and we spent the whole day poking and prodding the poor old man.

His first check of the day was 40, which was a little lower than I wanted it to be, but he hadn't eaten much breakfast that morning, so I kind of expected that. We weren't able to get a reading on the second stick b/c the blood clotted too quickly, and Butch was getting too frustrated, so we let him rest for a couple of hours. The third stick was 133, which made me REALLY happy! The fourth stick was 186, still good....

Before the 5th and final stick it was dinner time... but he REFUSED to eat. He was SOOOO mad. He broke my heart, just sitting there staring at me. I knew he was hungry, he was just so upset....

I tried and tried and tried to get him to eat. But to no avail. Because he wouldn't eat, I couldn't give him his insulin injection, so the last glucose check would have been pointless, so I opted not to do it.

The next morning he ate like a champ. Scarfed down his food. I gave him his insulin injection and I asked my mom if she would hold him for me so I could get one more glucose check just to make sure he was okay and that yesterday's not eating dinner and getting his insulin didn't throw him off too bad.

But he started to struggle and cry so much, and she just couldn't handle it so I let him go.

He seems to be doing okay now, but it just tears me up to see him so upset. I feel like I"m torturing him! He just looks at me like, "why are you hurting me?"

*sob*

I'm missing him right now. I'm still out of town until tomorrow afternoon. I'd call my mom and ask her how he is, but she doesn't know. She doesn't pay attention the way I do.

Well, I have to go now, but I'll be back home tomorrow and I'll try to get on here then. I'll be crossing my fingers though, b/c my computer at home has been really freaking out lately. I really need to find a way to fix it. Any suggestions anyone?

Goodnight!

*sob*

Goodnight!

*sob*

Goodnight!

Hello all! I'm sorry I posted the same thing so many times the other day! lol, it looked like it wasn't posting so I just kept posting away. I really am computer inept. I'm on Stephanie's laptop right now, so I could make sure to check in with everyone. My computer is pretty much completely worthless at this point. I can get online and check my emails and read blogs and read on here and whatnot. But I can't actually DO anything. *sigh* I'll figure something out....

Butch is doing fantastic today! :) He's back to his old self again. He's eating GREAT! He's energetic and whistful. I'm going to try for another glucose curve next weekend. Try being the operative word. It will depend on if I can get any help or not. I"m going to remain hopeful. I'm off work on Friday and Saturday, so hopefully one of those days I'll be able to get a hand.

Anyway, I just wanted to touch in with everyone. I hope you all are having a lovely weekend so far!

Thank you IMOM and Angels for everything you do!!!!

Hi Kirsten,

Just dropping by to check on the Butch Monster.

Sorry to hear the ol puter is on the fritz. I know how frustrating that can be. I still use dial up :(

Hope you are able to get someone to help you with Butch's curve this comming weekend.

My kids send him paw swipes and head butts!

Thanks for dropping by Lynette! Butch is doing GREAT! My mom got him two new food bowls this weekend to make him feel special, and you know what? I think it's doing the trick. lol. He's eating all of his food and even asking for more. :) She also got a big fluffy pillow bed for the dogs, but Butch has claimed that as his own. haha! I have pictures! Since my computer is being ridiculous (cross your fingers that I didn't just make it mad), I'm going to take my camera elswhere and see if I can use someone else's computer to download pictures on here! But before I go today, I will try to post a couple of pictures of my baby Kitty Elphie. These are old pics of when she was just a few days to a couple of weeks old. She's four weeks old now and just plumb adorable! But I'll have to take more pictures later. Okay, well let's see if this works, shall we? :)

Here's one where she was just two days old.[attachmentid=3251]

here she is about 3-4 days old[attachmentid=3253]

here she is about a week old.[attachmentid=3252]

That's all for now, but I'll try to get new ones up soon! She's huge! And her eyes are open and lovey. She is just so playful and affectionate. :)

post-1082-1180440272_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1180440319_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1180440457_thumb.jpg

ooops, i want to make an amendment. In that second picture, I thought she was a few days old, but by the date, it looks like she was still just two days. lol I'm losing my memory in my old age.... :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that my dad is going to attempt to have my computer fixed. Before he can do anything with it though, I'm going to have to go through and save ALL of my pictures to disks, b/c there is the chance that I could lose everything! :( I have SOOOOOO many pictures on here! So, I guess that is what I'm going to be doing all weekend long.... saving pictures to disks so that I can get my computer repaired. I'll try to check in here frequently and possibly I'll be able to post some pics from someone else's computer! Cross your fingers guys and gals!

oh yea.... and Butch says "hi" lol

Hi Kirsten,

OMG, what adorable kitten pics!! SO cute!!

I'm sorry you're having computer problems. Hopefully you and your dad can get that resolved and you won't lose any stuff. Good luck with Butch's upcoming curve!

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Morning all. Butch threw up today. :( I'm not really sure why or if he's feeling okay now.... He's acting and looking normal... but throwing up is not normal daily behaviour. So, I'm worried. He's been doing SO good! And today he threw up pretty much what looked like all of his breakfast. :( What really worries me is, I have no way of knowing how often he might be upchucking.... If he throws up and no one is around to see, our dogs will eat it, and I'll never even know about it. I was in the kitchen with him this morning, and I never would have known about it, b/c my back was to him as I was rinsing baby kitty's butt off in the sink. My mom happened to be looking at him when he did it and she had to shew the dogs away. So, what if he's throwing up regularly and I just don't know about it???? I'm concerned.

I've decided I'm taking him to work with me to do another glucose curve. I was going to wait till next weekend, but I think I"m going to take him in asap now! I'll have to get my work schedule for next week today when I go in. I'm either going to take him in on Monday or Tuesday... whichever day I work. I hope he's okay....

On a lighter note, Tracy, I'm glad you and Cody came by to say hi! :) My little kitten is adorable isn't she! I have some adorable new pics that I want to post of her as soon as I am capable of it..... Thanks for the well wishes and such!

OMG Kirsten - what a cute little baby! I hope you are able to part with her when the time comes. I blew it with Gigi. Maybe 'blew it' is the wrong term- Let's just say I'm keeping her :)

So sorry that Butch is causing some concern :( I will keep him in my thoughts and pray that the chucking is just a fluke.

Please give all your babies some scritches and head rubs from me!

Hi Kirsten,

I'm sorry that Butch has been chucking. Having dogs that think that kitty chucks are snacks can only complicate matters. I'm glad you are able to take Butch to work and do a curve. Good luck! I hope the chucking is nothing serious.

Tracy and cody :heart::stripekitty:

I sure hope Butch is doing better and that there's no more chucking going on. I hope things are looking good on the glucose curve when you are able to take him to work with you.

Elphie is just too cute! Where did her name come from? Well, I know it came from you, but you know what I mean. Would love to see some recent pics of her!

Hello All! Butch hasn't had anymore upchucking episodes recently... at least that I know of. :( If my dogs found it before me, then I'll never know... but I'm going to be optimistic! You're right Tracy, the dogs really can complicate matters. I wish sometimes that I'd trained them a little better. They're good dogs, and their well-behaved, but I wish I could keep them from eating things they're not supposed too!

Laurie, Elphie's full name is Elphaba. I got the name from the book Wicked by Gregory Mcguire. It's about the Wicked Witch of the West, from another perspective. Elphaba is the witch's name. if you haven't read it, you NEED TOO! It's one of the best, most imaginitive, insightful, and thought provoking works of fiction I've ever read. Many people believe it is based as a satiric remark against our own country/politics/gov't. Very good book. Very good author. He has a whole series of books that are based on fairy tales, but usually from a darker perspective that you don't think about.....

Lynette, I am completely smitten with my kitten! i think we're in the same boat! lol, I hope Gigi works out in your household. I know it's overwhelming to htink about supporting ANOTHER animal. Fortunately for me, my girlfriend has fallen completely in love with Elphie, and I think she's going to keep her once I've got her completely weaned. Cross your fingers! :)

Tomorrow after work, if I'm not completely tuckered out, I'm going to try to upload more pictures of the animals, so I can post some current ones. I've decided I'm taking Butch to work with me this Tuesday. So, I'll do a curve there and just make sure he's still looking good. I'm hoping they don't try to charge me for it, since I"ll be bringing my own glucometer and meter strips and whatnot. Hopefully they won't see fit to charge me for using my own stuff! Everyone cross fingers and whiskers that Butch's levels are well enough to go ahead and make up a surgery estimate to have his teeth removed!!!!!! :)

Okay, it's WAY past my bedtime now, and I still haven't caught up with all the threads I wanted to read. So I better go now, so I can' actually get a little sleep tonight.

Goodnight IMOM. Goodnight Angels. Goodnight friends.