Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Renee-H

Butch Perkins

451 posts in this topic

Diagnosis: Diabetes

Total amount needed per month to sponsor: $62

Currently sponsored for: No sponsors yet. IMOM has pledged $130 from the DPF general fund to help until sponsors are found.

Amount still needed: $62

Spayed or neutered: Yes

Case worker: Renee

If you would like to sign up as a sponsor for Butch: http://www.imom.org/donation/monthly.htm

I'd like to introduce you to Butch, our latest cat in need. Butch was diagnosed with diabetes in 2006. Butch's caretaker, Kirsten, is a full-time student and works full-time but Butch's needs are beyond Kirsten's current ability to provide. Kirsten is looking for sponsors to help with Butch's ongoing diabetes treatment, including insulin and syringes and follow-up vet care.

For more information on Butch, please go to: http://www.imom.org/pin/dpf/butch-perkins.htm

(Donations for this Pet in Need should be designated: "DPF – Butch Perkins " to ensure your money goes to the proper account.)

Please help Kirsten and Butch if you can!

Renee H.

IMOM Diabetic Pet Fund

Kirsten, welcome to IMOM! Butch is such a handsome boy! As many people here at IMOM know, I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for senior kitties. I share my home with two geezer male kitties -- Kitz, who is 16, and Bleys, who is 19.

I'm so glad you found you way to IMOM. I have no doubt that the angels here will be able to help Butch with his monthly $62 expense for insulin and supplies.

My best advice to you is to post, post, post! Tell us about Butch. We'd love to get to know him.

Laurie

Kirsten, welcome to IMOM! Butch is such a handsome boy!

Laurie

Thank you so much Laurie!!! And thank you to EVERYONE at IMOM!!! I have been SO worried about my Butch-inater, and this fabulous organization, and all you beautiful people have given me hope and helped my mind find a little more peace.

I introduced Butch (and myself) to everyone not long ago, in the introductions forum. This is the link to that first post: http://www.imom.invisionzone.com/community...ic=2453&hl=

I've posted a few other times, but from now on I'll stick to the diabetic pets forum for all information on my Butch Monster!

I truly appreciate anything and everything that you might be able to do to help my old cranky man. I feel so guilty that I can do so little for him when he needs me so much right now. I don't know what new trials we'll be faced with in the coming days, or how much longer my little man will choose to grace me with his presence, but I do know I'm trying everything in the world to give him a happy and fulfilled life, b/c he truly deserves the best!

Hi Kirsten Mari,

Welcome to Butch and your own thread! You are doing all the right things and my advice continues to be post post post. We also LOVE pictures here if you can post more of them. Fortunately, you are good at painting pictures with your words too. There are lots of WONDERFUL CCL's (Crazy Cat Ladies) here who can't stand to see any kitty suffer. As I mentioned being a PIN parent myself, I can't help financially but we'll be here rooting for you! You've already been visiting other places which is great so you must have noticed we all love hearing everything and ANYTHING about furkids. We're very eager to keep hearing more about Butch - his favorite sleep positions, antics, toys, whatever, we are eager listeners!

Thank You in Advance to any ANGELS who can help Butch!

:heart:

Martha Jane, Baila, and Crew

Hi Kirsten Mari,

Welcome to Butch and your own thread! We're very eager to keep hearing more about Butch - his favorite sleep positions, antics, toys, whatever, we are eager listeners!

Thank You in Advance to any ANGELS who can help Butch!

Thank you so much! And believe me, you SHALL hear PLENTY about my Butch Man. Probably more than you'd ever want to know! It's so true what they say about proud parents! The Butch-inater is sitting at my feet right now. He's being really affectionate and eager. He wouldn't eat again last night and this morning, so I had to syringe feed him some hills a/d mixed with water. He hates me when I do this to him. But I think right now he's forgiving me. I know he feels better AFTER I feed him. I just wish he would realize, 'Hey! I feel good when i eat, I should do it more often!'

But meezers have their own style of reasoning!

Now, for all of you eagery awaiting pictures of the heartbreaker that is my Butch.... I have several :motimonkey:

[attachmentid=2055]

He LOVES "his" cat house. Especially when I sprinkle catnip all over it!

[attachmentid=2056]The old man has always been cold natured, since he was a kitten. He's the King of heat vents!!!

[attachmentid=2057]He's calling me bad names right now, b/c I won't let him out of my room to beat up Boots. He gets along with all of my parents furkids... except Boots. He has to give Boots a royal thumping at least twice a day. Sometimes you're putting your life in danger when trying to pull Butch off of him!! The old man still has gumption I tell ya!

[attachmentid=2058]Here's the ferocious beast pretending to sharpen his claws(he's declawed)

Well, I'm afraid that's all I'll give ya for now ;) I'll have to hold back on some of the pics so you don't get too overwhelmed with adorableness!

But trust me.... more will come! :banana:

Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!!

post-1082-1173963704_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1173963765_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1173963927_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1173964097_thumb.jpg

Hi Kirsten Mari!

Butch is GORGEOUS. Such bluuuuue eyes - and not even crossed! Thank you for sharing!

Angels, Butch is still seeking his first sponsor! If anyone can help Butch, Thank You in Advance! We need about 11 people at $5 and on at $7 or five at $10 plus on of them at $12. Even one time pledges to help until the sponsors come in is tremendous!

Meantime.... Eat Butch Eat! :)

Martha Jane Baila and Crew

WOW!! That was FAST!!! :banana::cool026::banana:

CONGRATULATIONS BUTCH AND KIRSTEN MARI!

:thanks3:Thank You Special Angel for sponsoring Butch!! :thanks3:

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

Hi Kirsten,

OMG - I came here to try and solicit some donations for you guys, only to find that Butch is already fully sponsored.

WooHoo...thanks to that special Angel who cares enough to help the Butch-inater. He is an awfully pretty boy!!!

Give that boy some kisses and cuddles from me!!!

Lynette

Butch is fully sponsored!

Thank you special :Angel15: sponsor!

OMG!!! I just got home from work, and I was going to jump in the shower, but something told me I needed to check Butch's thread before doing ANYthing else! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to find out that my little ball of crankiness has already been fully sponsored!!!!!!

I send SO MANY THANKS to my Butch's special angel sponsor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've truly made a difference in our lives!!!! I wish I could hug you till your eyes popped out! I'm sorry I don't know how to make all the cute little animated figures that everyone else seems to know how to make. Or else I'd send you plenty of hugs, kisses, and dancing singing meezer cats!

Words will never express what this means to me. I only hope that someday, I can afford to do for someone, what you have done for me and my Butch today.

Thank you.

[attachmentid=2066]

P.S. To those of you who have been worried because Butch stopped eating again yesterday and this morning.... He's got his appettite back! He chowed down like a champ tonight and then gave me a death glare when I didn't give him seconds. I'm beginning to think he's just trying to mess with me..... :)

post-1082-1174006795_thumb.jpg

I'm beginning to think he's just trying to mess with me..... :)

Indeed, he is a cat isn't he!

So glad you got sponsored!

Thank You Again Angel!

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

What wonderful news! Thank you, special angel, for being Butch's sponsor!

Kirsten, love the Butch photos! He is so gorgeous. What a face!

Kirsten, love the Butch photos! He is so gorgeous. What a face!

Oh yes, VERY GORGEOUS! And Butch says thank you very much. He has taken this time to do a very special photo op for all of you here at IMOM. He was so happy when I told him that some special angel had sponsored, that he decided to show off a little for the camera!

[attachmentid=2076]

[attachmentid=2077]

[attachmentid=2078]This is him outside the door to his feeding room. He's begging me to open the door (he's too old for the cat door anymore), and promising everyone at IMOM that he will eat!

[attachmentid=2079]Here we are posing pretty for a few treats in celebration of the sponsorship!!!

[attachmentid=2080]And finally... Proof! He's eating again! And that's his baby brother Ambrose, wanting to know why he doesn't get any treats! :)

Thank you again Special Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-1082-1174044921_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1174044970_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1174045148_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1174045256_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1174045360_thumb.jpg

OMG, I'm in love all over again!!! AND BUTCH IS EATING! Wow, super gorgeous is right!! His lovliness is amazing! We LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! It's nice to get a glimpse of Ambros as well!

Thank You Kirsten Mari! Oh, and thank you for coming over and visiting Baila too! We also love that. It's really nice to have you hear at IMOM! I can already see that you are an important addition to our community!

Thank You again Special Angel for so quickly sponsoring Beautiful Butch!

Kirsten Mari, if not before we'll see you on Monday! :)

Congratulations on being fully sponsored dear Butch!!!!!

Kirsten Mari, I have read a few of the threads on Butch, and I may have missed it, but I am wondering whose sweet pic are u using as ur avatar?? That has to be one of the sweetest pics I have seen!!

Sorry, Butch, u are quite the handsome dude too. I love ur pics.

I hope ur parents are proud of u finding a way to keep Butchie with u as long as possible.

I am like Celia--I won't make any comments specific abt ur parents refusal to help--but I hope they see what a wonderful daughter they have that worked so hard to get Butch help!!!

Thanks to a special angel who is sponsoring Butch!!

Oh my gosh, Kirsten, what wonderful pics! Thank you Butch for standing/sitting/lying still long enough for an extended photo shoot :)

And thank you to the special angel(s) who brought Butch to the fully sponsored stage!! YAY!! :banana:

I'm so happy to see your boy doing so well after being so ill not that long ago. Lots of happy, healthy thoughts coming his way. Oh, and my kitty Cody says to throw a treat or 2 Amrbose's way. He'd hate to see any kitty die of ency :lol: Ambrose is a very pretty kitty, too - lovely fur babies, both of them! Thanks for sharing their pics with us. We love to see furry faces :)

:hugs:

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

IPB Image

May Your Day Be Filled With Luck and Blessings!! Thankfully we have angels!!

(and everything Tracy said!) :) We sure like having you and your eye candy here!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I can, I'll post picks of my furkids in their St. Patty's Day green (ooooh they really hate me right now!) lol :P

Martha Jane You have been so very encouraging to me here! I really appreciate all your kind words and thoughts!!! And Butch appreciates it too! I was really glad to see how well Baila is doing! I hope to see some tail waggin' pictures of her very soon!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

k9sign Hello! I'm sorry I don't know your name.... But actually I have no idea who the kitten is my avatar!!! It was just an option I could choose from when I was setting up my profile on here. I'd love to make a really cute little avatar with pictures of my babies like I see everyone else has... but I don't know how!!! I aslo don't know where everyone is getting the cute little animations and pictures and such, like the little angels and things. I guess I'm just technologically inept!

And thank you for your kind words. I think my parents are happy, but only just so..... My dad would be super thrilled if there were less animals in the house. He was raised in a different time and place and is one of those people who thinks all animals belong outside and only need food and water thrown out to them..... It's kind of akward for me. My mom loves having a house full of animals... and even though she loves them all... she loves them as animals, NOT as family members.... To my family, routine healthcare is overkill... any vaccination other than rabies=overkill... quality foods and weight maintainenc= pointless. They're fans of ol' roy and friskies, lol. And they'd just assume let all of the babies eat till they died of heart attacks. I actually have rescued two of their pets from extreme obesity since I moved back in... ah, it is sooo very complicated. They really hate it that I work in an animal hospital. they think it fills my head full of "ideas." Oh well....

Tracy Butch smugly thanks you for your praise! haha, he's really so stuck up sometimes. If he were human, I'd think he would be some stuffy aristocrat... but as it is, he's just a stuffy aristocat! :) I reckon I can give Ambrose an extra treat if Cody thinks I should..... I'll just have to exercise him more! He's starting to become a little porker!!! I am so glad that Butch is doing so well right now! He stresses me out so much! lol He keeps going through spells of eating and not eating.... but all his test results came back normal.... I've just got to figure out how to get him to keep eating everyday, instead of just whenever he feels like it!

Thanks again to the special angels out there who are watching over all of us and our sweet furbabies! Words can't express what it means to us! THANK YOU!!!!

AND HAPPY ST.PATTY'S DAY!!!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I can, I'll post picks of my furkids in their St. Patty's Day green (ooooh they really hate me right now!) lol :P

Happy St. Paddy's day to you and your kitty krew! Would love to see the photos of your kitties in their greens. :lol:

I actually forgot that it was St. Paddy's day today, so I didn't wear green, and my kitties are no doubt very happy that I didn't remember to dress them up either.

Hope Butch (and all of you) are having a lovely day!

By the way, "k9sign" is Cindy, and she is mom to Tucker and Justice, who are two schnauzers who are beloved PINs here. You can check out their thread under "General, Ongoing Illnesses."

By the way, "k9sign" is Cindy, and she is mom to Tucker and Justice, who are two schnauzers who are beloved PINs here. You can check out their thread under "General, Ongoing Illnesses."

hey, Thank you! I will deffinitely look for Tucker and Justice! It is so fabulous learning about everyone and their babies. I really love knowing that there is a community like this out there. I always felt so alone!

LOL, I thought the avatar was one of ur kitties--well u picked a cutie!!

I imagine someone can help u figure out how to do an avatar (I couldn't do mine myself), and the animations, etc. I know if u see one u like, u can copy and save it to ur computer and then add it to ur post.

I am just really computer impaired. lol.

I think since u used a smiley u already know u can click on the "smilies" (emoticons) to ur left to insert in ur post--remember to scroll down though and click on "show all" to see all of them--but I think u already know that part!

I do know what u mean abt ur parents and being from a different time and a different place. It is probably learned behavior from their parents or grandparents.

One of my housemates has her 80 yo aunt here almost every weekend. She started off not liking dogs, but in her few years of being here on weekends, she now will let them lay in the same chair and will be OK with them. BUT...I try never to give the boys their meds while she is around. She totally doesn't understand why u would give expensive medication to a dog. She doesn't understand why u would take them to an ER and have frequent expensive blood work. So I made the mistake once of letting her know some things abt the boys (epileptics). Now I never give meds or fill med boxes in front of her--makes life easier.

She isn't a bad person, like ur parents, she just never learned the joy of having a dog--which is quite sad.

I think it's wonderful u work in a vet's office!!!

Hugs to Butch!!

Oh, like Laurie said my name is Cindy-but I usually don't sigh my posts becuz of my siggy below.

Hi Kirsten,

. He was raised in a different time and place and is one of those people who thinks all animals belong outside and only need food and water thrown out to them.....

Isn't that funny...I don't mean funny - haha...my Dad had the same view of animals. I wonder if this has anything to do with why we are on the other end of that spectrum? I know what has alot to do with his opinion is the fact that he was raised and lived around farm animals. Dogs and cats were made to work for their keep. Cats kept the vermin population at bay and dogs worked the livestock. Cats weren't even fed. It was due to the special bond I had with my father that I was allowed my pets. He would still complain bitterly about all the "fuss" but then I would catch my Meezer curled up next to his leg and him scratching her ear with the backside of his hand. If I happened to say something he would always claim that it was the cat rubbing against him. LOL

I really love knowing that there is a community like this out there. I always felt so alone!

This is exactly how I used to feel. Isn't this an awsome place? Magic!!!

Give the Butch-inater some cuddles for me!

Lynette

Hi Kirsten,

I'm glad that Butch is doing so well and that he's eating well. Go Butch! :banana: I hope his appetite keeps up.

hi everyone! Sorry for not posting for a while. I've been feeling pretty under the weather. :( And between school and work, it's been rough. I just wanted to check in and let you all know that Butch is still doing fantastic! I'll be getting a glucometer in the mail soon so i can start home testing him! I'm uber thrilled about that. I think it will be so very good for him!

He's eating well now, but he's being aweful picky about when he eats. he's determined to eat in the middle of the day and the middle of the night, and I'm determined to make him eat at breakfast and dinner..... he likes to make life difficult sometimes! But I think we'll work it out eventually.... He played with Ambrose for the first time a few days ago! By the time I got Ambrose, Butch had lost so much of his energy and vitality. And since he's gotten better, he hasn't played with anyone... I mean, he's kicked Boots' butt pretty much regularly, but he hasn't cared to play with anyone. But he did play with Ambrose! just for a little while, but for me that was a huge milestone! He's really enjoying catnip again too! But I have to make sure it's IN something, b/c if it's on something, he'll eat it all off and then vomit. :( So, I plan on getting him nanners soon! yay! Okay, well I'm exhausted, so I'm going to get off here. I probably won't be on again this weekend b/c I'm going to try to recooperate before school again on Monday, but I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Hi Kirsten,

I'm sorry you've been sick :sad: I hope you're feeling better soon.

Great news that Butch is doing so well! :banana: You'll love having a glucometer. It's so nice to be able to know where his BG is at at any time. It's saved my kitties more than a few times.

Take care, get well soon, and give the kitties hugs from me.

:hugs: