Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 3

991 posts in this topic

Oh, Cindy, I am so sorry that Justice is still having problems -- the poor little guy has been through a lot lately. Hoping that today is a good day for both puppers and for their mom.

Hope your boys have a quiet "cat" day like my guys:

[attachmentid=2769]

post-30-1177525807_thumb.jpg

Hi Cindy, just quickly checking in to see how you and the boys are doing...

I am so happy that Tuckie is doing so well and I sure wish that Justice could follow in his foot steps...

I wanted to let you know that Reilly is settling in quite well...she is getting happier by the day. Today Mom left the bedroom remote control on the bed...there were a couple of black pieces of plastic on the bed when we got home from work, naturally it was the remote...so off to Walmart we went for a universal remote...

That's OK..it was my fault and Reilly is really a good, sweet girl...thought you would want an update.

I am leaving tomorrow night for Sunnybank so I'll be reading how the boys are doing but probably won't be able to post.

Hugs to you all...and praying that Justice is feeling better. Judy

Hi everyone,

it has been a rainy/stormy day. The pups haven't been outside much, except to go to the bathroom and scoot back inside.

Thank God Justice hasn't had any pre-ictal behaviors like yesterday (stumbling, velcro pup and pacing), so he is abt an hour from getting a day seizure free.

Tuckie is almost the same time as Justice--only he will get 20 days!! I REALLY want him to get to 21 days. He just has 24 hours left!! I will be disappointed if the little guy doesn't get his 21 butt salute tmw night.

The neuro really wants Justice to go to agility to start establishing new neural pathways. He said it's a way to help him without adding medications, and can help him with his seizure control.

The new owner of the agility facility is being wonderful since I missed almost every class last session when I had a gift certificate. She took over ownership in the middle of the session. Anyway, thru the end of May she is giving me an awesome deal--so I am going to try and take him every week if I can. Oh, it's not a class--but private lessons, but more like therapy for Justice. I can cancel up to 9am the day of his lesson. So unlike a class, I only have to pay if he goes.

His first private "therapy" is tmw. I'll probably be home after 2pm to post.

I am hoping Tuckie doesn't break through becuz I leave with Justice and will be gone several hours.

I may start taking Tucker too at some point--they can share a lesson. But for now it's Justice we are worried abt.

Hi Martha Jane, I too am glad Carol witnessed Justice having a GM last night. I hate that it was so scary for her (she said she thought she was going to have a heart attack becuz she was so scared--and she couldn't sleep well last night becuz she thought we would need to take him to the hospital), but now she realizes that's what I go thru so often with both boys. I think she has more understanding of the stress and sleepless nights I have. Plus, now if it happens and I'm not here, she will of course still be frightened, but can go back to how I handled it--and all will be OK.

I love Linda's idea for the change to part 4 being tmw night with Tuckie's 21 butt salute. I don't have 21 butts to put up tmw night--so if anyone has any idea--go for it. You can be the butt of our jokes. hehehe.

Awww Kay, u made me smile--a BIG smile. I love the pic...and the boys did in fact have a kitty kind of day!!!! They pretty much lazed around.

Thanks for making me smile. Justice wants to send some licks and a few of his Rice-Chex to Auntie Kay. Tuckie sends wiggles and wags.

Hi Judy, I LOVE the Reilly update. Are u driving?? I am guessing since Reilly is so new, that u will leave her at home?? Oh, if u do, I know u will miss the sweetie!! I bet Reilly will miss u, and go crazy when u get home!!!

I hope u didn't get the bad weather we did today (rain and storms). Unfortunately when I drive Justice to agility (over 3 hour round trip) tmw storms and rain are forecast again. I hope u get some good weather for Sunnybank. Be safe. I'll be thinking abt u. hugs

Oh, a new pet food recall--some of Drs. Foster and Smith's food--see the recall thread.

Thanks so much angels!

Tuckie is at TWENTY DAY'S!!!

=====T :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle3: =====

Justice is at ONE DAY!!

================ :1icecream::turtle: ================

Thanks so much angels!!!

:tuckie2:

Tuckie is at TWENTY DAY'S!!!

=====T :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle3: =====

Justice is at ONE DAY!!

================ :1icecream::turtle: ================

There are 21 butts getting ready for tomorrow -- woo-hoo!

Justice, sorry you have had such a rough time lately but I hope soon you will be receiving a 21-butt salute too!

Hi Cindy,

Oh how cool, 20 days for Tuckie and a day for Justice!! Yay!! :banana: I really believe Tuck will get his 21-butt salute.

I hope Justice gets to go to agility tomorrow and that it will eventually start helping him if he goes often enough. That sounds like a great deal that the new owner of the agility place is giving you.

I'm sorry Justice had a GM last nite :( I'm glad he's back on the train - now I hope he stays there!!

:hugs: to you and the boys from me and Cody

Tracy and Cody :heart::stripekitty:

Not sure if this will work through the BROWSE, may have to post it from photobucket - he dances.[attachmentid=2780]

post-17-1177582114.gif

Tucker, wow, 21 butt salute is in order for you! I've got my big butt ready to salute. LOL

Agility class sounds like a wonderful thing for Justice to start up again. I really believe we have to keep our epi-kids minds happy and fulfilled. Agility is Justice's "thing" and he'll have a lot to be happy about.

Have a great day!

awwww. thanks to little Justie for the rice chex -- I will have cheerios for breakfast this morning in his honor (and think about sharing them with him -- and Rustie :))

the agility private lessons sound awesome; I hope everyone is well and that you can go. and that all the little brains have quiet days and we have more ice cream this evening!

:banana: Hey Girl !!

Can't get on line often anymore SO trying to catch up w/everyone. LOVE the 21 butt salute that everyone is waiting on!!!! How exciting for you !! I'll be back soon... Just wanna say CHOO CHOO for the boys and you !! Trying to picture a butt salute could this be it? :motimonkey:

Wags and Hugs Jeri and Cowboy

Hi everyone, the boys are great!!! Both are having a WBD!

:banana::motimonkey:

We are under a tornado watch until late tonight, and severe storms are forecast. There is thunder now and very darnk skies, so I need to get offline soon.

Justice did great with his agility lesson. The new owner of Dogwood is wonderful. Sally said Justice seems very confident and we will work on things with whatever pace Justice needs for that particular day--such as there will be some days we won't have him do the contact equipment (A-frame, teeter and dogwalk-he could fall off from quite a distance if he lost balance) if he has had recent seizures or recent butt meds. So she will make a plan of what to do with him weekly, subject to change depending on how he (or I) am feeling.

Today he did all contact equipment, and he was very surefooted.

Tuckie is fine--he's less then 8 hours from a 21 butt salute. He isn't even giving a hint of a reason of not making it--but of course with seizures u never know. But I am confident he will make it.

Ohhhhh man, I need to get off, things getting too close.

THANKS everyone for ur posts--I will reply when I can get back.

I don't know if with the bad weather until late tonight, if I will be able to even get back on tonight. I hope so!!!!!

Thanks angels--gotta go!!

HI Cindy,

Poor Justice. Maybe the agility will keep his brain activated enough to throw off the seizures a little. Have you thought about finding some used equipment that you could put in your back yard for those times you can't drive? I've been thinking about doing it with Jake. It will help keep his mind occupied a little more and maybe even Riley would get into it.

I hope you can get back on for the 21 butt salute. Yeah Tucker. Keep going boy.

Big hugs to Justice. I couldn't imagine what I would have done if one of the boys went unconscious on me.

For Justice Hang in there buddy ( I always liked this one, reminds me of Spike)

[attachmentid=2787]

Hugs for all, I hope that the storm blows over. I don't know how your boys are, but last year Riley didn't like them and Jake was fine, but this year its opposite. I had to give Jake a double dose of Anxiety in order to get him calmed down last time.

post-417-1177632234.gif

The storms have quieted for now anyway.

Hi Laurie, I sure hope Justice will be getting a 21 butt salute before too long.

It still just amazes me that we are celebrating TUCKER getting to 21 seizure free days (it has been probably abt 2 years since Tuck reached 21 days!). How things have changed. Now to get Justice on track again too!! hugs

Hi Tracy, actually Justice's last GM was Tuesday night. He will be at 2 days tonight--it's a start!!! I think agility will be so good for him!! hugs

Hi Linda, OK, is Bella's surgery tmw or was it today. I thought of her today (just in case!) and I will tmw too (just in case)--I figure the positive energy can't hurt no matter which day it is or was!!

I love the dancing turtle. LOL. I don't know if it will copy (and dance) if I just copy ur attachment. We'll see. lol.

[attachmentid=2780]

Hi Juli, u are right, we have to particularly keep our epi's busy and learning. The neuro said he hopes this will help Justice not to need a med increase--at the very least to cut down on some seizure activity.

Hi Kay, oh u should have seen ur little boy on the agility equipment--u would have had as big a grin as I did!!! They love u have cheerios in their honor. Of course Rustie wants u to send the whole box to her. what a piggy!!

The boys send love and hugs

Hi Jeri, I have been thinking abt u and Cowboy. I'm glad u checked in, we do think abt u guys!!! Take care!!! hugs

Hi Deb, I do have some agility equip--unfortunately there really isn't any good place to set it up, becuz the yard is so uneven. I do have some weave poles I used to set up in my bedroom (made of PVC pipes), and I need to set it up again. I have put a couple jumps outside--just wish it was more even and I wasn't afraid me or Justice would trip in a dang uneven spot or hole!!

The boys do pretty well with storms (except Tuck used to have a seizure with every storm and the barometric pressure change). His seizure thresh hold must be much higher then it used to be since he doesn't have them too often with storms now. They aren't typically scared.

What is the "anxiety " stuff u use?? Rescue Remedy??hugs

Ohhh dang thunder again.

Gotta do the icecreams now!!! Next post!

Thanks angels

Hi Cindy,

The Anxiety is like Rescue Remedy, but I found it worked better in a quick situation. I was giving it to they boys regulary to try to help them out after their last fight. There was quite a bit of anxiety for all of us.

I took Tyson to the vets last night. He's got some sort of bacterial infection in his intestines and has the runs really bad. He's on medication and if its not better he will not be traveling to Texas. He can't be away from the litter box for too long and I want to make sure there is nothing else wrong. However he has gained almost 2 pounds in a week so once we get rid of this he should be back on track. I'm going to attempt to sleep in my bed tonight. I think the couch has finally got the best of me. I've had an awful back ache today.

Can't wait for the trains and the 21 butt salute

There is something under the fridge he was after

[attachmentid=2788]

post-417-1177638453_thumb.jpg

storms are here again. I am having faith the boy's won't break through with any seizures in the next hour.

We will start with Justice tonight.

Justice is at TWO DAY'S!!!!

==============J :icecream2::turtle: ===============

and now Tuckie butt!!!

Tuckie is at TWENTY-ONE DAY'S!!

=====T1 :icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::icecream5::turtle2: ======

=====T2 :1icecream::turtle: =============

[attachmentid=2789] [attachmentid=2789] [attachmentid=2789]