Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 3

991 posts in this topic

Oh no Justice. I hope Justice is doing better this morning. You must be exhausted.

I am the "queen of vomit" too. I get sick with stress. It's very common with me, but it's so annoying. I hope your are feeling better. Give Justice a snuggle for me.

4 days for Tucker! I am so proud of you!!

Poor Justice and you. Sounds like you had one wild night. I hope you can relax and get some rest while Justice is resting. sounds like you both need it.

Give Tuckie a big hug for 4 days. Hopefully Justice will join him soon.

:hugs:

Cindy, I am so so so sorry that Justice had such a hard night. OMG, that must have been completely terrifying. Sometimes when the stress level is so high, I also get really nauseated and need to throw up. I'm so sorry you had such a rough time of it last night.

Please tell me that Justice is doing better today?!?!?!?

The Cootductor sends gentle head-butts to the boys.

Geez, those seizures must have been really scary if they unnerved the usually calm and take-charge puppermom. I'm sorry you and Justice had such a crappy night, Cindy. Sure hope he's doing better today.

So Laurie, the CootCat's a fan of Thomas the Tank Engine, is he? ;)

Justice is hanging in there. He looks totally wiped out, which is understandable. He is moving slow and every once in a while is lame briefly-but not in the same legs. Having all the stiffness and seizures had to have been like him racing up and down a mountain. He is sore.

I've done some HTA on him, and he is more relaxed and sleeping. He has been through the mill.

Tuckie on the other hand has been running around with his pepper and eggplant. Thank goodness I don't have to worry abt him right now.

He is at FOUR days!!

==============T :icecream4::turtle:=============

Hi Linda, I am exhausted. I didn't get to sleep till after 5:30am. I have hunted looking for pills he may have spit...but he has never spit any becuz he gobbles them down. I don't know if he vomited up his meds. I don't know if it's becuz his tummy hurt--but I don't EVER want to see him like that again.

It is so great abt Tuck being at 4 days!!!! He couldn't have better timing!!!!

Hugs to u and Andee.

Hi Debs--Tuckie got 4 hugs from u for 4 days!!! Hugs to Jake and Riley!!

I called Niki this AM, and she said to go ahead and call Mari who can call Dr Fenner at the conference. So, I called. Now I wait to see if anyone calls back or if there are any changes.

Thanks so much angels!

oops had the page I was typing up so long I missed posts.

hi Laurie and Kim, it was a tough night. I just hope he cuts this out soon!!!!!!

hugs to u both!

Edited by k9sign

Oooo Cindy...Poor Justie. I can just imagine how awful last night was for you. That is frightening. Girrrl... it looks like we could do some syncronized vomiting with all the crap going on in our lives.

Justie...you feel better little guy. Maybe someone can massage your sore little legs for you. I hope you don't worry your mom so much tonight and we hope she gets that phone call that might ease her mind a little.

Tuckie...you just keep up the good work and Justie might remember how it's done!!!

Big hugs to you Cindy!!!

Lynette

A tech who picks up messages when the neuro dept is away, called me back. She did call the neuro, and he said to not give Tuck valium for 24hours, and if he has any more seizures he should have propofol. Then she added I could try 2 more doses of rectal phenobarb, but he isn't sure that will help. I asked what kind of seizures he would have to have to get propofol--and she said he just said 'seizures.'

Then I spoke with Niki, and even though Justice had a few partials, we decided to hold off medicating him, since the worse to come would be tonight--and he can only have 2 doses of rectal med without going to the ER . If he has anymore partials/CP's and of course GM's he will get phenobarb. Then most likely tmw he would need propofol.

I know everyone, including me, is praying hard for Merlyn. If u can add Justice's name in a prayer too that he doesn't need to go to the ER during the night, or have to stay all day at the hosp tmw getting propofol--we would be grateful.

Thanks so very much angels!!

I know everyone, including me, is praying hard for Merlyn. If u can add Justice's name in a prayer too that he doesn't need to go to the ER during the night, or have to stay all day at the hosp tmw getting propofol--we would be grateful.

Cindy, not to worry. We are really good multi-taskers when it comes to wishing animals well. Besides, I don't like the thought of synchronized retching as much as the thought of synchronized butt-wigglin'! :motimonkey:

Hugs to you and Justice (and Tuckie, of course).

Cindy, I just checked in and you can add me to the worry list...I am a professional worrier and I'll be doing ALOT of it...especially for Justice...

I'll check back in the morning..I am SO tired...Dale has had to work day and night for 2 days and I've stayed up with him when he got home so I could see him...

First thing tomorrow I'll check in to see how Justice did tonight...Hugs to you all, Judy

Hi Cindy,

So sorry to hear things are getting so rough for you and the boys. I will be praying for the boys and you that you have a peaceful and restful weekend. Today is the 4 week anniversary of losing LuckyDog. During my lunch break at work I just sat at my desk and cried. It still seems so surreal.

Keeping you and the boys in my prayers,

splight

Justice is definitely on The List. I so very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (etc.) much want to read tomorrow that you did not have to make a trip to the ER tonight.

Aw thanks guys, I feel better reading ur posts--def gave me a smile.

Justice has had a few partials and a CP. Niki is so sweet, she said if we get him under control with the rectal phenobarb, but he starts again Sat eve--that she will hook him up on Sunday at the hopsital. I was so worried that if he didn't have propofol tmw, then it would be Tues before it would happen. God, I do not want him to have the whole propofol experience-geesh this is JUSTICE! He is not supposed to have propofol!!!

Hi Kim, yes I will take synchronized butt wigglin' any day!!!

:motimonkey::motimonkey: Tuckie butt sure is in WB mode! Hope u are too. hugs

Hi Judy, goodness--go to bed!!! Thanks for caring so much!!! hugs

Hi splight, aw I am sorry. It doesn't seem possible LuckyDog has been gone 4 weeks. I am just so thankful that the two of u found each other. I know LuckyDog is sending the little pupper to u. hugs

Hi Laurie, I am guessing u would like to read that Justice did not go to the ER--am I reading that correctly?? LOL. I REALLY feel the same!! hugs

Hi Diane, thanks so much!! Looks like I will may be cancelling Dr Fisher on Wed--do u need a slot before I cancel??

thanks so much angels

Edited by k9sign

Hi Cindy,

Oh my gosh, you and Justice have been thru the wringer!! I'm so sorry

:hugs:

I really hope that he doesn't need to go to the ER, and that his seizures will get under control without him having to go there. You must be totally wiped out too, along with Justice. Thank goodness Tuckie's brain is behaving itself. Hooray for 4 days! :banana:

Oh gosh, I hope you get some rest tonite. You need it.

Hi Tracy, so what do u feed Cody--besides cat grass??? Thanks for thinking of us.

chin and belly rubs to Cody.How is his IBD flare up going??

I feed Cody the Wysong canned "au jus" varieties - all meat, no grain. He gets either chicken, turkey, or duck, because the other au jus varieties are either too high in phosphorous for CRF kitties, or, in the case of the beef one, the phosphorous is all right but he's allergic to beef. It has to be fed with a supplement in order to make it a balanced meal. It's called Call of the Wild, which does have trace amounts of grain in it but doesn't seem to bother him.

No IBD flare-ups, and no vomiting, in the past, uh, I think it's almost been 7 days :banana::banana:

And then there's the cat grass and anything he can scrounge from the floor or table :biggrin: He's such a scavenger.

Paws crossed that Justice starts feeling better, and that Tuckie stays on his train :)

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Edited by Tracy IMOM

Are all the kitties raw fed?? If only Caine, how do u keep them separated?

Cindy, I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I've been so worried about Merlyn :broken_heart: and also worried about sweet Justice :sad: that I've been tardy in replying.

Only Caine eats raw at this time. My kitty Merlin, who went to the Bridge last February, also ate raw to help keep his FLUTD (feline lower urinary tract disease) under control.

Because all of the kitties eat different food, we can't free-feed. Everyone eats at 9:00 am and 9:00 pm in different rooms with doors closed. Bleys eats a combo of wet food and kibble; Kitz eats his special renal diet food; Caine eats his raw food; Fiona eats hypoallergenic kibble; Widget eats kitten food.

Because I think Fiona might have IBD (and therefore grain not being ideal for her), I wish I could try a raw diet (or the Wysong au jus that Cody eats), but Fiona absolutely refuses to eat anything except kibble. She won't eat any wet food, treats, cooked meats, fish. I tried the dry Innova EVO and she ate it but not well. And yes, it's really expensive. So we are currently trying a limited-ingredient hypoallergenic kibble, even though it has grain.

Feeding time is a bit raucus around here. Lots of running hither and thither (the kitties, not me :lol:) and meowing... hurry hurry hurry feed me now!

I am curious to know what your holistic vet has to say about Justice's diet. If you have some time to share what she tells you, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Hugs to you and the puppers. And yes, you were reading me correctly re: my wishes for Justice, even though my post probably wasn't too clear. :biggrin:

Oh Cindy, this has been one of those really hard IMOM days. You already know that Tucker and Justice and YOU are on our lists EVERY DAY. You are three very special souls the earth is lucky to have had!

Big Hugs and Hopes are being sent your way.

IPB Image

Martha Jane, Baila, and Crew

Hi Cindy,

Checking on how Justice made it thru the night. I'm keeping fingers crossed that you and he never have to go thru that again. Jake and Riley say thanks for the hugs.

If u can add Justice's name in a prayer too that he doesn't need to go to the ER during the night, or have to stay all day at the hosp tmw getting propofol--we would be grateful.

Thanks so very much angels!!

Awww Cindy, even when I'm not posting much I am always checking in on the boys, and BOTH boys are always in our thoughts. Chloe says "not to worry Aunt Cindy, I am a powerful thinker and keep Justice in my thoughts this weekend.....it will just cost Mommy a few bucks!".. IPB Image The little turd has been getting into my purse again lately, it's really annoying when I'm reaching to pay for something and I have no dollars.....cuz they are stuffed into the couch by the torbie terror. :smokin:

I hope you are feeling better and NO MORE IPB Image!!! Although I certainly understand...doesn't take me much at all to be sick like that. I never get colds but stomach stuff is another story, and stress definitely makes me sick. Hope you and the puppers have a nice cozy weekend with no episodes...

Hugs,

Laura and Chloe

:banana::banana: NO ER!!!!!! :banana::banana:

:banana::banana: NO PROPOFOL TODAY!!! :banana::banana:

Justice did have some partials/CP's close together, but (or rather butt) only needed butt med once (I could give it twice before he would have needed the ER--phew!!!!).

He still isn't out of the woods with the ER or propofol, since he is still breaking through with seizure activity--but getting thru last night was very important!!

drum roll...

Tuck is at 5 days!!!!!

================ :icecream5::turtle: ==================

Hi Tracy, I'll have to check out Wysong to see if they have a dog food similar to what u feed Cody. I am having probs finding one that it not high fat and no grain--or at least very little grain.

I am SO glad Cody is doing well now! Tell the stucco licking scavanger not to eat anything that will hurt his IBD!!!! hugs and chin rubs.

Hi Laurie, Oh, I know...we were all so worried abt Merlyn :broken_heart: I wish so much that we were still worried abt him...now it's Lynette we worry abt...

OK< I can see where u wouldn't be able to free feed. I guess every cat I have know just takes their good ole time eating, so i have only seen cats free feed.

LOL each cat has his or her special dining room.

I'll tell u with 5 mini's u set the bowls down and in less then 30 sec--it is gone!!!! They all eat like they haven't been fed in days. LOL.

If Justice doesn't need propofol, they see the holistic vet Wed. If tmw he needs it, then I will cancel the appts and try to get them in to see her in a month. But whenever we finally can discuss diet, I sure will let u know!!

hugs to u and the kitties!!

Hi Martha Jane, I know, it has been tough emotionally here at IMOM for several days. Now it is, but in a different way. I wish to God Merlyn was still here. :broken_heart:

Thanks for being here with us as always...even if u aren't on the computer.

I sure do like the 'big hugs and hope.' Thanks for the support as always.

Hugs

Hi Debs, oh thank u--I too hope we never ever go thru that again. I hope u got some snow (at least a little) and the boys get to romp and be carzy in it!! Hugs to u and the boys

Hi Laura, apparently Chloe is a powerful thinker (I think before u even read abt Justice, that she knew to start thinking!!). The boys thank Chloe for stashing the dollars in case Justice goes to the hospital...or she needs some yummy food delivered to the house so she can keep up her power thinking--that's hard work ya know!! LOL.

I was so surprised I actually got sick after Justice's awful seizures. At least I waited till the stress was over!!

Hmmm I bet if u told stores--sorry I had some dollars but my cat stole them...it would come across like the dog ate my homework. LOL.

Hugs to u and the kitties!

THanks so much angels!!!

Hi Cindy,

Just checking on you and the boys. Glad to hear the evening was relatively quiet. I just got off the phone with my new vet. We were discussing wholisitc/natural diets. He's thinking the puppy may need to stay on dry food till 6 months and then change to raw. Non-organic, as living in CT organic raw food may be impossible to find. Does anyone here know anything about Wellness dog food? That's the brand he recommends for the first few months.

HOpe the boys continue to do well today and let you get some rest. The other evening sounds like it was absolutely terrifying. I always hate whenever dogs get sick, I feel so helpless.

splight...

:motimonkey::motimonkey::motimonkey:

Lots of happy butt-wiggling going on! No visits to the ER! Tuckie at 5 days!

After the last few very hard days here, we all need some news to be happy about.

Cindy, I have to smile at your description of feeding time at your house. I suspect the pups are all like little vacuum cleaners. Do you hear a mighty sucking sound as they Hoover up their food at high speed?

Hope you all have a great day.

Justie has been having partials. <sigh>, I spoke with Niki and we decided to give valium another try and save the last dose of phenobarb for a GM. She said she can do propofol tmw at the hospital if need be-which we both are hoping won't be necessary (it's her day off and the hosp is closed).

Tuckie has been having a WBD playing with toys and running outside.

Hi splight, sounds like u are not leaving any stone unturned getting ready for the new pupper.

As a matter of fact, Wellness is what Tuck eats. Now I don't know abt the puppy food though. U can do a search for Wellness and it gives all the ingredients. I like Wellness becuz there are no dyes, artificial colors, ethoxyquin or other nasties.

Thanks for checking in on the boys. hugs

Hi Laurie, I agree it's been very hard here at IMOM, and after all that's happened with Merlyn and Justice it's time for good news. Justice broke thru--but I hope it's over!! I am hoping some pics are over at the coot's thread--his thread gives me a grin and giggle! It's the happiest thread around!!

At feeding time the pups all surround u as u open the pantry and get in the diff food containers becuz there are 3 diff diets for 5 dogs. Rustie usually barks a bit, and then u add a bit of water and the boys supplements and some meds in their bowls, and then u hear-

"Gunner" (as the bowl going down), chomp slurp, chomp ,"Tucker"(the bowl..) chomp, chomp, slurp slurp, "Abbie" (the bowl going down) chomp, chomp chomp, slurp, slurp and then "Justice, Rustie" (the are cute they both sit together in anticipation) and 2 bowls go down at the same time, then it's LOTs of chomping, chewing, slurping. But in abt 15 sec then it's 'OK Justice and Rustie, go outside" (last ones fed, first one's done--they inhale it), then "Tuck go outside" and in several more seconds, "Gunner, outside, Abbie, Abbie, ABBIE go outside"--she trieds to lick all the bowls instead of going out the door!!!

The pups do have nicknames like Hoover and Eureka, esp after a meal, or after cooking--they think becuz u dropped something on the floor 2 years ago--u may just do it again!!LOL.

hugs to u and the kitties!!

Thanks so much angels!!

The pups do have nicknames like Hoover and Eureka, esp after a meal, or after cooking--they think becuz u dropped something on the floor 2 years ago--u may just do it again!!LOL.

That is so funny and so true!

I hope the CPs let up on Justice. Good work Tuckie - I am so proud of you!

HI Cindy,

Thanks for the info on Wellness food. I am going to see what stores around here carry it. From your description I can understand why the vet recommends it. I will meet my pup in three weeks from today.

Hope both Justice and Tuckie can avoid siezures this evening. Sounds like you have a good vet or vet tech in Nikki- I'm not sure if she's actually a vet or not. It seems like they have managed to "just" stay on the safe side of the ER.

continuing to pray for all 3 of you,

splight...

:banana: :banana: NO ER!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: NO PROPOFOL TODAY!!! :banana: :banana:

Cindy, I am so hoping that today is a repeat of this wonderful news from this morning! Justice is never far from my thoughts, and I hope you three mentioned to have a restful day with occasional :motimonkey: