Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 3

991 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Tuckie is at 1 day!!!!!!

=================T :1icecream::turtle: ================

He did get some butt med last night. becuz he got up around 3am and started pacing. No doubt a seizure was coming, thankfully the med worked and he didn't break thru.

Justice isn't back on track yet. He was hunching before bed a few times. He did break thru with a couple CP's between 1:30am-2:30am. He hunched a little this afternoon, but is napping now.

I totally forgot I have insurance on both boys! Tuck's covers part of his cardiology appts and tests--but NOTHING related to epilepsy or even a chance epi or meds caused it.

With Justice's insurance it would pay $150 for US and $150 for the endoscopy. So that's $300 off the $1400-PLus Carol just said they would put $200 toward Justice (what's left from refinancing the house). Plus I got a $100 gift visa card for Xmas and I will put that towards it. So, it's down to $800. I'm still hoping the neuro can get it down more--and if both tests aren't needed...well, we'll see...

Hi Tracy, I have faith we will get to the bottom of Justice's "issues". Just when I think he's over the hump, something happens again. The boys see the holistic vet next Wed., I hope she has some advice!

I am so thankful that Tucl has not had any reflux during the night since lowering his dose of Depakote. He still has a little a few times/day--but not like 5-10 times like before-phew!!

Tell Cody thanks for the head rubs...we send chin rubs, wags and wiggles back.

Hi Martha Jane, oh a US is an ultrasound. LOL, i too remember trying to get all those icecreams in, and Jacki making a special emoticon that has 100 wee icecreams. If it happened once...it just has to be able to happen again.

Thanks for the good ju ju--it can only help!!!!

Thanks so very much angels!!

Poor little guys.. they have both been having rough times lately -- in between all their good times, of course, because they are always having good times.

Will the vet/neuro -- whoever needs to look at Justice -- work with IMOM???

Hi Cindy,

Well, we're glad to hear that post. It is a huge step to have already gotten from $1400 to $800. That's really sweet of Carol! We're also VERY glad there were no GM's among them. (Have to delight in the little steps even if Tuckie did require butt meds.) You really neede even a little break! Now we just must find what is necessary to get those turtles/ dogs back to having to haul 100. I too believe if we can just figure this out he can do it again!

Juju, love and prayers continue. :)

:heart:

Martha Jane and Baila

Tuckie is telling me he does not want to wait 30 min after the carafate to get his meds!!! I think *I* need to wear a bib when I give his carafate. It's a pill that u put in a syringe and add abt 1cc of water, and wait till it dissolves-like a slurry.

I need the bib becuz he shakes his head after I squirt it in his mouth, and I end up with white spots all over my shirt!!

Justice got into Carol's linen closet. She left not only her bathroom door, but also the linen closet door open, when she went for what she thought would just be a minute out of the room. Well she got involved with the computer...and Justice who is even more ravenous due to the valium he has had--climbed the dirty clothes piled on the floor in the closet and got up to the second shelf, and got a bag of Greenies. She has no idea how many he got. He had left me downstairs abt 5-8 min earlier. In fact I went to the bottom of the stairs and said Justice was up there and did she shut the doors. I knew when I heard JUSTICE!!!!! that we were in trouble. She took one out of his mouth that only part of the end was gone. So we don't know if he just had that much, or if he was on his second one...

I am hoping a Greenie isn't going to set off his IBD or whatever the heck is wrong.

Have any of u with IBD dogs or cats given them a Greenie?? God, I hope it doesn't bother him.

Hi Laurie, I am so sorry, I didn't see ur post before when I wrote. I saw u have had a rough few days at work. Thank goodness Bleys is doing so well, and Caine is totally over the flare up--I hope??

Not much sleep last night. I am worried abt tonight becuz of the Greenie fiasco. Hopefully the boys come up here, climb in bed, fall fast asleep...and we wake in the AM with no seizures!!!!

Hugs to u, Larry and the kitties

Hi Kay, yes, the boys seem to have good times as often as possible!! That's sweet of u to ask if the vets will work with IMOM. In fact when I first came here in April 2004, I checked who they would work with, or had worked with, and MedVet in Columbus was on their list...but I don't think IMOM can help with this--there is so much they have allowed with the boys expensive meds, and so much donors have already done.

I just hope Merlyn is going to be OK...he is in trouble again.

Hugs to ur kitties...and I sure could use a kittie pic fix of any of the babies...better yet ALL of them!! Hugs

Hi Martha Jane. Yes getting from $1400 to $800 happened quickly. I thought I would have another $80, but I didn't get it. I still have 1 gift certificate for agility from nearly 3 years ago. The owners have been quite sweet abt letting me go way past the year that they prefer u use gift certs in. Well the owner of the agility place let me know that they are moving and someone else is taking over the facility. So, if I don't do agility or a couple building rentals by March--I will lose that gift cert. So, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask if I could just cash the cert in. I don't of course blame them for saying no. So, she put Justice in a class starting in a few weeks. I figure we will miss most of the 8 weeks...but I hope to get he or Tuck there once or twice anyway. I talked to Niki abt it, and she thinks it's a great idea, and will help Justice's brain with the neural pathways, etc.. He does love it so. He actually is titled...but I put him into the advanced beginners class which of course is much lower equipment and I can keep him on lead if I need to.

He will love it.

I just wish I could have got the $80 though!!

Thanks so much for all the support.

hugs

Well now, it really is time for the meds. LOL. The boys are standing at my door staring at me.lol.

Thanks so much angels!

checking in on the boys. The tags sound adorable - I bet the boys are proud to show off to the other schanuzers.

Lost my internet access last night - rarely happens to me, but I woke up to a power failure, thankfullly my alarm clocks (yes I said clocks!) have a back up battery. Nothing like showering by candle light, not really sure if I used the body wash as shampoo or vise versa, but THANKFULLY the power came back on just as I was fretting on how to blow dry my hair!

Talked to my mom tonight, she said many in her area have lost power for a couple days - she has a back up generator which turns on automatically - she edidn't even notice until she went to use the stove (which runs off 220). I wonder if Nancy was hit with the power outage, plus trying to move and get settled!

Hugs to the boys. I hope Justice's tummy is feeling better.

Hi Cindy, I'm hoping that just maybe you're asleep with your pups. Cindy, you and the boys have worked so hard and are definitely doing all you can. If you can't find a way to get the needed diagnostics I'm still hoping some angels will come forward. I mean you could also look at it that if the right thing is figured out it could end up costing less in the long run. Oh, I just so want all to be OK, but I know we can always count on our most generous spirited friend to remember the others in need to and Merlyn indeed has us all scared!

We're continuing to do all we can from here for our beloved pups!!

Martha Jane, Baila &.....

Hi Cindy,

I hope Justice's Greenie-fest doesn't upset his IBD. I've never given them to Cody.

That's cool that you are able to whittle down the cost of the tests for Justice with various funding sources. I hope you can get it down even more :luck:

Hooray for Tuckie being at 1 day!! :banana::banana: I hope Justice can get to 1 day, or more, soon.

:hugs:

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Hi everyone,

sorry I'm so late, I ended up needing a last minute doc appt, so I haven't been home.

Tuckie is at 2 days!! :banana:

==========T :1icecream::1icecream::turtle: ==========

No icecream yet for Justice. He was hunching before bedtime, and then abt 1:30am he vomited. At 3am he had a GM...

He had some partials this afternoon.

Hi Linda, glad the power came on just in time to blow dry ur hair. It is awful losing power. I hope u guys didn't get too cold too!!! hugs

Hi Tracy, thanks for checking in. I hope Cody is doing OK!!! Give him a chin rub for me-and tell him to fight that ole IBD! hugs

Hi Martha Jane, I thank u dear friend for supporting the boys and I. It means SO much. hugs

Justice wants some attention, so I need to go be with him.

Thanks so much angels!!!

Yay Tuckiebutt, 2 days is good! I wish it was more like 200, or 2000, or 20,000,000,000, but we are happy when any day goes by without seizures!

Justice, I'm so sorry you had such a tough night last night. I'm sure the Greenies didn't help. (Greenies are on Caine's DNE [do not eat] list.) Hopefully your system will continue to soothe and you will be feeling much better soon.

I don't give Andee Greenies either. I don't recall the ingredients, but dont they contain cornstarch? I avoid anything with corn for Andee - he like his veggies and he gets peas and carrots (I stuff frozen ones in his kong ball).

I hope Justice's tummy is better soon.

Way to GO Tucker!!

Hi Cindy,

Whoo hoo for Tuckie!! :banana::banana: 2 days!! I'm sorry Justice had hunching and seizures.

Hi Tracy, thanks for checking in. I hope Cody is doing OK!!! Give him a chin rub for me-and tell him to fight that ole IBD! hugs

Cody is doing well. No IBD flare-ups or any vomiting in the last 3 days :)

I hope Justice's tummy feels better soon. Hopefully he'll be able to join Tuck for a seizure-free train ride.

Tracy :stripekitty::heart:

Tuckie is doing pretty well. He is downstairs in front of the fire. He loves camping out there and getting toasty warm.

Justice will lay down in front of the fire with Tuck for awhile, but then he wants mom's lap.

He started hunching several times, but only less then a minute each time. Then he had a few CP's a short time later.

I spoke with Niki tonight and she could hear my frustration abt not having answers. She said it is not the neuro's fault (I knew that) becuz he doesn't have a crystal ball to know what is going on inside.

The whole question seems to be, like tonight--he hunched several times--is that becuz he is in discomfort from IBD or is it pre-ictal (pre-seizure behavior) or actually a differnt kind of seizure.

If the hunching is IBD, then it must be bothering his seizures enough and causing him to break thru. So he needs to be on the right treatment for IBD.

If it turns out he does not have IBD, then this is some kind of seizure activity (either pre-seizure or an actual seizure)--and boy, something needs changed with his seizure meds.

Confusing isn't it?! :huh:

Oh where are those crystal balls when u need them???

Awwww David let the pups outside and now they are here. Of course I had to stop and cuddle the boys, and now they are all tucked into bed.

Hi Laurie. So what things are on Caine's DNE list??? What cat food does Caine eat?

Tuckie is doing good!! I can't believe it's been 6 days since his night seizure med was reduced!!! Hugs to u and the kitties!

Hi Linda, hmmm I wonder if veggies are OK if Justice has IBD?? They have always had "treats" of lettuce, carrots and salad stuff. But I won't allow Justice any veggies or raw fruit--like banana's and apples or salad stuff. It seems like it would be too rough for Justice. Hope Andee's tummy is doing well!! hugs

Martha Jane, I know u will be checking in before too long. Thank u!! :heart:

Hi Tracy, I am SO glad Cody is doing well. PHEW!!! Give him a cuddle from me!

Thanks so much angels!

Edited by k9sign

I love the visual of Tucker toasting himself by the fireside. Ahhhhhh.... it must be so blissful for him. But Justice knows that no matter how good the fire is, mom's lap is always better!

Cindy, it must be incredibly hard to not know if you are dealing with IBD or pre-ictal behaviors. When our babies are ill, all we want is to do the thing that needs to be done to make them better. I can only guess how frustrating it must be sometimes (lots of times) not to know what to do since you don't know what's going on. Sigh...

Hi Laurie. So what things are on Caine's DNE list??? What cat food does Caine eat?

I feed Caine a home-made chicken-based raw diet. Larry and I take turns every 3 weeks or so, making up a big batch of the disgusting stuff and freezing individual portions. It's pretty gross to deal with, but it is the only thing I've found that keeps him very healthy. His IBD flare-ups have hugely decreased since I started feeding him the raw diet. So even though I have to get my hands covered in gross-out raw chicken sludge every coupla months, it's of course worth it because it keeps Caine well. Poor sweetie really doesn't get to eat anything else. He's allergic to fish, as you know, and I won't let him eat anything with grain or vegetables, so kibble is out. Fortunately I found one type of kitty treat that is simply freeze-dried chicken (and nuthin' else) so he gets to have these on occasion so he doesn't feel totally deprived.

What he'd really like is a big vat of popcorn. He loves it! When Larry's snacking on it sometimes, we have to watch really carefully that no little kernels fall on the floor or Caine would scarf them right down.

What do the boys eat? Do you do anything specific for Justice's IBD?

I like to think of the three of you cuddling by the fire. Hope you all have a nice, and nicely warm, night!

Hi Cindy,

Yes, of course we're here! I too love the image of all three relaxing by the fire. I, however am not as fond of the "I had to see the doctor" news. When it is unplanned we know it isn't good. I know that even though Justice is being clingy and 'off' that he's still just a darling that brings his deserving ma all kinds of joy. Cindy, I want so much for us to find a way to help him get his diagnostics. Did you get a chance to find out how much closer you'd possibly be if they don't do the US? (Thanks for explaining US). Yes, there have been some huge emergencies that have had us all on edge, and huge generosity poured out which could slow things down, but I still think the angels would want to help him get back to pulling his hundred. Of course you are frustrated with the neuro, but we both know Nikki is right - at one time in history magic men were in charge of medicine, and now we want/ expect trained medicine men to be able to perform magic. Oh Cindy, I sooo wish he could.

Tucker, you wonderful little boy for making it to two. Now you've got to help your brother tug....

A friend of mines neighbor just got a min. Ooohhh sooo queeeeeuuuute! Poor little babe, I was treating him like a medium today using him to send good prayers and hopes to Tuck and Justice.

Keep hanging in there girl!!

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

Hi Cindy, I'm so glad that Tucker is at 2 days. But poor Justice. I hope the greenies won't set him back too far.

I'm glad you liked the video's. I can picture Justice and Tucker running about like that too. It makes you heart feel good to see a dog running around having a good time. Yep thats Jake with the ball. Riley isn't to into toys on his own. He will play with Jake if its a stick or the frisbee. But toss a ball and he runs to it, gives it a sniff and walks away. We are getting snow this weekend, I'll try to get a couple of them playing in the snow.

OMG Cindy...I just had to read the last 2 pages to catch up on the boys. Poor Justice...I didn't realize you were going through drama the whole time you with us and supporting Merlyn. Oh I hope you figure out what he needs soon. Cindy...I know your hesitation about asking IMOM and the Angels for help when they have already done so much. Look at my situation...and you and the boys have been around alot longer...my point is that people fall in love with our babies and are sympathetic towards our situations. I know that there are Angels that would help Justice. I know you won't give up on him.

Oooo Tuckie...you are such a good boy. You keep doing good for your Mom and go give her some snuggles...she needs something to feel positive about!!! And you Justy...just feel better, K? Love the the tags that Nancy sent...they sound real "hi tech". Hope she is able to get back on the forum soon...I have been thinking about Vinnie. I almost named my Cesar (the Meezer), Vinnie...I have a friend who calls him that anyway.

Thanks so much Cindy for your support with Merlyn. I hope you are able to find comfort soon!!!

Lynette

Edited by Lynette

Hi Cindy,

Just checking in while we're here to see how the night went. I agree with Lynette that I believe there are plenty who want to help get Justice this attention - but I think you already knew I believe that.

More hopes and prayers are going your way!

Tuckie is at 3 days!!!! :banana:

===============T :icecream3::turtle: ==============

He is on *his* recliner looking out the window at the horses. He loves watching them more up close when he is outside, but the wind chill is 5 degrees-so he has to be content to watch behind a window.

Justice is pacing, pacing and looking for something not good to get into. He had nearly 40 min of off and on partials/CP's this afternoon, that ended abt 1pm. So now the butt meds made him even more hungry. ARRGH. Thank God that med doesn't do the same with Tuck!!

Since he had CP's before bed, he had butt med which thankfully carried him thru the night. Justice had to get up at 5am due to the butt meds, but other then that he slept thru the night.

Hi Debs, ohhh I hope u do get some snow pics. We have 3" so far here and Justice came in early this AM with a very snowy beard--and then got under the covers with me--at 5AM--Brrrrrrrrr!!! Hope u don't get the high winds and wind chills with ur snow!! hugs

Hi Martha Jane, I decided to not bug radiology for prices again, but Monday the neuro is back and I can ask Mari if he needs both. Niki thinks it should be OK to just scope him, but said the neuro may think it's better to do both. I guess in the long run if he needs both, I could split them up and do them at different times, but it's more costly that way. I would have to pay the $136 for the internist fee again. I just hope he will say both aren't needed period!

LOL, u know u can use surrogate animals to do distance HTA. So maybe that was happening with the neighbors mini. How old is the mini? I have no doubt the good prayers and hopes reached the boys. Thanks so much Martha Jane! hugs

Hi Laurie, I can't do raw feeding for the boys. I can't handle the raw meat due to the chemo med, and even with gloves the doc said not to. Tuck needs cooked meat due to his immune system. Quite awhile ago I was feeding him Honest Kitchen, a "raw" dehydrated food that is cooked at a human facility,so has to be cooked somewhat. But it was too expensive--abt $80/month!! The great thing is u didn't need that freezer storage. Our electricity goes off so often, that when I was homecooking, I was tossing a lot, and we don't have much room to store.

That is wonderful u can raw feed Caine. Are all the kitties raw fed?? If only Caine, how do u keep them separated?

I hunted for a grain free /low fat kibble--yea right! I did find some grain free diets---but they are all high fat, even the "low fat" EVO that I guess is fairly new is too high in fat. It is really frustrating finding a kibble! After the fish allergy and the hundreds of seizures Justice had, the neuro wanted him back on the food when he was doing so great seizure wise. So he is back on California Natural Lamb and Rice Reduced Calorie (it's low fat). Obviously not grain free!!

I hope the holistic vet has some ideas next week. My bet is she will say unless it's raw or homecooked, I won't be able to find one that is low fat. I hope I am wrong!

Give Caine and Bleys (and all the kitties!) a big hug and chin rubs. hugs

Thanks so much angels!!!

Hi Martha Jane and Lynette, I didn't see ur posts before. It's great to see u here Lynette, u must be feeling a bit more sane and rested. I read u got a good nights sleep, and are ready for battle!! I am so anxious for u for Merlyn to get home.

It's very sweet what u said, but Justice is not a dire emergency like Merlyn. Merlyn would have been gone this week without the wonderful angels stepping in.

I tell u, I went nuts yesterday while I was gone, worrying I couldn't check in on him for so many hours--thank God the tube is in!!! I had a G-tube (gastric tube) myself until a couple years ago--it was nice putting in icky meds, instead of swallowing it--but u know something weird--I could still taste it!! Nio kidding!! I just have a J-tube in now (jejunostomy-goes into the small intestine) and I still at times can taste meds put in it!!! Thanks for checking on the boys Lynette!!

Martha Jane, as always :heart:

Edited by k9sign

Cindy, keeping both boys in my thoughts & prayers. Freya stands ready to chase any & all onto the train -- I know the Cooterville local is passing through to pick them both up any time!

I know the Cooterville local is passing through to pick them both up any time!

That's right!

Hey look -- there's the Cootductor!

IPB Image

The boys are about to go outside and I will be tucking them into bed.

Tuck is fine. Justice hunched a couple hours ago, so I am hoping he doesn't break through. At the moment Justice is circling again and again and doing this little growl, trying to get exactly where he wants to go to sleep.lol.

Carol, Thanks so much for checking in. Freya may be needed for Justice!!

Oh Lynette, that is just too coot!!! Thank u for making me smile and giggle!!

Thanks so much angels.

Hugs,

Cindy and the boys

Edited by k9sign

:banana::banana:TUCKIE!!! :banana::banana:

Cindy, I'm so glad Tuckie has a few days under him again and you've been having such a tough time with Justice that until this is all figured out I'm just glad if he'll at least would stick with the least traumatic events.

:banana::1icecream:JUSTICE!!! :1icecream::banana:

(Figured since Tuck has been scoring some ice-creams it was time for Justie to get a banana split for his efforts!

:cool026::banana:LAURIE!!!:banana::cool026:

Laurie, that's just for all the good cheer, care, generosity and creative smiles you bring all of us.

LOVE THE COOTDUCTOR - of course so did our poor sleepy Cindy who we know who she was thinking of when she used another name. :)

Big Hugs and wishes for a day filled with tranquility very soon!

Hi Cindy,

Hooray for Tuckie!!! :):banana::banana: I hope Justice didn't/doesn't break thru. I hope you all got some rest.

I feel your pain in trying to find a high-quality grain-free low-fat food. It can be difficult finding IBD-friendly foods, especially for pets that have other health considerations.

I hope both boys go for long train rides with the Cootductor :) (too cute, Laurie!)

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Oh, God, u guys I was so worried abt Justice. First, he is asleep now and OK.

He hunched briefly late this eve, and I was hoping he wouldn't break through.

But a little after 12:30am he woke me getting off the bed. He had been outside abt 11:30pm, but was at the door. As i walked to the door I could see he was starting to have some partial seizures. I picked him up and for the next 2 hours and 40 min (until 3:10am) he had seizures off and on. I have never seen him do some of the things he did during the CP's-it was almost like he was having GM's standing up. He would arch his back and once actually went up on his hind legs arching. Then he would fall over into a GM, then he would have partials, then CP's. I also have never heard him vocalize with a seizure. This time he whined for awhile. My heart was breaking, and I admit, with all the seizures I have experienced, I was in tears and scared, becuz I had never seen anything like this. He had 3 doses of rectal meds--the last dose was the rectal phenobarb, which is given as a last resort. The 2 doses of valium rectally did nothing to stop the seizures. Thank God the pheno --or a combo of meds that would have had any of us in a coma for a week, kicked in. Hr finally just dropped under the covers, Then what did I do?? I went and threw up. Oh yea, I handle seizures really well.

If we didn't have snow/ice I would have taken him to the ER.

I am half afraid for him to wake up...I am afraid the seizures will start again. He is sound asleep under the covers against my leg.

Now I can't sleep...

Thank God, through all of it Tuck was OK. It's funny, tonight Tuck didn't sleep in bed with me. He wanted to sleep in the recliner all snuggled down in a blanket. I don't like him to be over there becuz I worry abt missing a seizure--but that's where he wanted. I am glad that's where he was since Justice was all over the place.

ARRGH!! Where is a neuro when u need one??? He won't be back from the conference until Monday. I hope this was just a freak thing!!!

Thanks Martha Jane, u know Justice does deserve some icecream. In fact I really should give him some with some protein since now his blood sugar may be low!

belly rubs and scritches for Baila.

OMG Laurie, I am so sory to call u Lynette. I was heading for bed, and there was no Merlyn update, and I suddenly couldn't stop thinking abt Lynette.

Laurie--u so often bring me laughter, smiles and joy with ur posts and esp on Bleys thread!!! Thanks!!! belly rubs and kisses to the kitties!

Hi Tracy, so what do u feed Cody--besides cat grass??? Thanks for thinking of us.

chin and belly rubs to Cody.How is his IBD flare up going??

I better go see if Lynette has updated since seeing Merlyn.

Thanks so much angels.

Oh my, I nearly forgot--Tuckie is at 4 days!!!!! I'll do his train later!!

Yay Tuckie butt!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Edited by k9sign