Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen - Part 3

991 posts in this topic

I do think the boys have pretty darn good lives, thanks to the angels, and all my friends here who keep me sane enough to care for them!!! hugs

Awww...Cindy, it sounds like they sure do have wonderful lives. Whenever I read about your boys and the other mini's in your house I always think to myself, what fun it must be living with you all. I know how much laughter and joy my cats bring us on daily basis, and those puppers sound to be just as much fun :banana:

In the several years I've been following the boys' thread, I never once thought that you should "give up".......I can't believe that people have actually said that to you. Sheesh! Some people!!!! Chloe says, let her have at em.........first she will steal their money, then she will beat the crap out of them! IPB Image

Tuckie is at 8 days!! :banana:

===========T :icecream5::icecream3::turtle2: ============

Justice is at 2 days :banana:

===============J :icecream2::turtle: ===============

Tuck was up abt 2:30am and looked like he was going to be sick, but he didn't get sick or have reflux. He ended up going outside, and I tried following him but it was too icy to go down the stairs safely, so I just watched with a flashlight. He did poop--but couldn't see if it was OK. I'm surprised he could do anything, it was so cold and windy and snow blowing in ur eyes!

POOP!!! Well since I was talking abt poop--it seemed a good thing to say now.

Carol yelled to me that Tuck was having a CP. :sad:

Well he won't make it to 9 days THIS TIME...but he got to 8!

Justice is hanging close to mommy, but it seems like his tummy is at least better.

In the several years I've been following the boys' thread, I never once thought that you should "give up".......I can't believe that people have actually said that to you. Sheesh! Some people!!!! Chloe says, let her have at em.........first she will steal their money, then she will beat the crap out of them!

Go get em Chloe!!!!! Thanks Laura!

Having 5 mini's in the house definitely can be comical. All 5 have different personalities, different ways they play in and outside, and how they play with each other. They have their moments where u want to scream...and then u look at those adorable faces (they all have their diff facial expressions too) and u can't be too upset at them--as hard as u may try. lol We all say Justice has taken a graduate course in pitiful expressions!! LOL.

Can u believe this coming April we will have been here at IMOM for 3 years!!!

What an adventure we all have been on!!!!!

Give Chloe a big snuggle for me!

Thanks so much angels!

Hi Cindy and boys,

Just checking in on you all. Sounds like the boys have been taking turns keeping you on your toes. Let's hope things quiet down for a while.

I have some good news. I believe LuckyDog is sending me a new little Westie pup. I found a baby in SC, near Greenville, where friends live. His birthday is December 1st, just 2 days after LuckyDog's birthday. I should be getting pictures of him tomorrow. I will go to SC the weekend of February 16th to pick him up.

I'm looking forward to having a baby in the house again.

stay warm,

splight....

No seizures since Tuck's earlier today!!

Tuck is bugging me for his medicine. I am surprised Justice isn't doing the same.

Tuck did just now leave my room--he may be going for reinforcements!!

I gave sucralfate (Carafate) to him a short time ago, so now he needs to wait 30min for his meds--which is in abt 15min. He does NOT like the carafate squirted in his mouth (he probably thinks I am going to put it under his tongue like one seizure med). Plus I would guess it doesn't taste too good. It looks like chalky water :P . He is a good boy abt taking it, but shakes his head and I swear if he spoke he would say -YUCK! ICK!

OHHHHH Splight, I am so very happy u will have a new Westie pupper. Another boy-huh? Aw I bet he will be a doll. I can't wait to see some pics of this wee pupper. I have no doubt LuckyDog sent him. U must be very anxious to have him in ur arms. Will u wait to name him until u have seen him?? Will u after awhile be able to take him to school with u?? I know at OSD some teachers would get a pet and just have the pet in the classroom--a good learning experience for the kids and good socialization for pups--esp to be around Deaf flying hands! But I realize ur kids have other issues too--so will that be possible?

Please post a pic as soon as u can!! hugs

Thanks so very much angels.

Hi Cindy,

Funny you should ask if he will go to school with me. I will take him to school to meet the kids and my boss. Our department secretary as well as the front office secretary both have westies, so I'm sure he will get lots of attention. I'm also going to get him certified as a therapy dog, that way he can go to work legitimately, and provide therapy for our kids!

I will decide to name "the baby" when I meet him. However, so thoughts I have are: Duncan- scottish heritage, Monty- closest I can get to mountain- his father's name is Denver, or Sunny as a call name, with a formal name of "Denver's Sunshine on my Shoulder". Can you tell I was a John Denver fan in the 70's?

I can't wait to bring him home, but know realistically that to go to SC I have to wait till I have a week off. I'm going to start interviewing pet sitters this week. I'll have them come in between 11:00 and 12:30 or so, that way the puppy won't have to be alone for too long.

splight...

Cindy, hopefully you and your furkids are all tucked into beddies by now. I hope you all have a very peaceful and restful night. Are you listening, Tucker and Justice? I want to see a longer train for both of you tomorrow!

I agree with what you said about mountains -- there is something about them that is so special. They are to me very spiritual places. Ahhhh -- so lovely.

Hope for a good report on my cute nephews when I check in tomorrow.

:banana: Tuckie just got to 1 day!! :banana:

===============T :1icecream::turtle: ===============

:banana: Justice is at 3 days!! :banana:

==============J :icecream3::turtle: ================

We have a couple inches of snow so far this AM, and the puppers have been playing in it. They come in with their schnauzie beards full of snow and their backs and feet with snow--and then shake it off, and look quite proud of themselves. lol.

[attachmentid=1615]

Hi splight, I am glad the puppy can meet evryone, and that then u will train him to be a CTD--that is wonderful!

Yes, I do see the John Denver influence. I have a varied taste in music--and he was one I liked. I think I went to 3 or 4 of his concerts. one of the last concerts he did was in Columbus, and it was a great concert. Who would have ever guessed it would be the last time...

Wow, u only have a few names to chose between...u would laugh like my friends did--before naming Justice I seriously had a list of 40 names that I finally got down to something like 29 names. Then I didn't name him any of them!!! LOL.

I like the name Justice a lot, and it's pretty unusual, but I think the name I loved the most was my mini named Higgins. Everyone thought that was the coolest name. Of course he was the coolest pupper too!!

You said u won't get him until u have a week off, so does that mean u won't get him the weekend of 2/16?? I figured u were doing that becuz of ur school being closed that Monday for Presidents Day, so u would have 3 days.

How did u pick him if u have never seen him--or did u see some pics already?

I know LuckyDog will be so happy to have his mom happy again.

Hugs

Hi Laurie, ur wish is the boys command--longer trains. :motimonkey::banana:

Your cute nephews just came in shaking snow on me--they came thru the whole house up to my room, and must have saved it to shake till they got up here! Stinkers!! Cold, wet, snowy stinkers!! LOL.

they send wet snowy beard in ur face kisses!!

Thanks so very much angels!!

post-21-1169402214_thumb.jpg

Edited by k9sign

:banana: Tuckie just got to 1 day!! :banana:

===============T :1icecream::turtle: ===============

:banana: Justice is at 3 days!! :banana:

==============J :icecream3::turtle: ================

HOORAY!!! :banana: That is so col, Cindy! :) I hope it continues.

Aww, the boys sound so cute in the snow. It sounds like they like to play in it. I'll bet they're fun to watch.

:hugs:

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

HI Cindy,

Good to see both boys have trains tonight! I'll just have to eat some ice cream for them, it will be tough but I'll force myself! (smile)

I'm fortunate that New England gets a week off in February and April. So I will leave 2/16/07, pick up my "little guy" on 2/1707, and then get home on 2/18/07. I will then have a week to be home with him before going back to work on 2/26/07.

I saw pictures of him, and have been in contact with his human mother. She has grandfather and great grandfather on site. And the name influence came from his father's name- Denver. I just received pics of him from today, and will try to attach one here. Funny you should mention the names, I have had many more, but have discounted some. Sticking with the Scottish theme- Duncan, McDuff, McTavish, with the Denver/Mountain/Colorado theme- JD (John Denver), Sparkle, Avalanche, Boulder, Monty, Mounty, Sunny (Sunshine on My Shoulder), Snowball,

with the general cute pup theme- Little Buddy, Spunky, Precious, Cuddles. I supsect he will name himself when I meet him.

Hope the boys continue to do well and you're feeling like your old self again. Thanks for asking about my new baby.

splight

post-183-1169426907_thumb.jpg

post-183-1169426935_thumb.jpg

The boys are beginning to learn that the beep, beep, beep, from the timer I can carry in my pocket or just have beside me on the bed, means they get meds. Since the carafate is given 30 min before the meds I have to set the timer. It's amazing how time can get away from a person (at least me), so the timer works well for me.

Well the boys like to see if they can get their meds a little early, so they come up and get in my face and scratch my arm and just look pitiful. So I have been showing them the timer and saying "it's too early". Then when the timer goes off continuously I have been saying to them-"OK medicine" and take off for downstairs. Well tonight I did the same thing, and they heard the 10min 1 beep and started for the door. Then they both sat at the doorway for the 5 min 2 beeps. When it went off continuously both of them bolted downstairs. It was the funniest thing!

Hi splight, what a beauty ur little guy is (can u tell I have been watching a show abt the crocodile hunter?). I love both pics, but the second pic just is too adorable for words--shows some of that personality. U are gonna have ur hands full. lol.

U have some great names picked out as possibilities. Oh..one more John Denver song--Matthew.

I always end up shortening my pups names--like Tuck and Tuckie or Justie. So I pick a name I can do that with. Plus I pick a name that would sound OK if they are outside and I am calling them in.

I imagine like u said, in the end he will name himself.

I am so glad u get that time off!! The days must be dragging by a little bit, until u see ur littl guy!

Hugs

Hi Tracy, the boys are so fun to watch play in the snow. They run and kick up snow, and Tuckie tries to play with his ball, and of course they both have to get their beards and noses wet and snowy since they sniff around in it.

I hope the trains continue too!!

Give Cody a special chin rub, and I hope his tummy is better tonight!

Thanks so very much angels!!

UH OH, a bit worried abt Tuckie. He seems confused. He has not been acting right this eve. He wants inside then outside constantly. Now coming to bed, he went into Carol and David's room, and kept trying to go to bed in their bed, then when I brought him in here, he seemed like he was trying to remember something.

His Depakote (one of his seizure meds) was decreased Thursday night, so tonight will be the 4th nght of a lower dose...

Well going to turn the light off and see if the boys are going to be OK.

Thank so much angels!!

OMG, Justice, not Tuck, just had a GM! I am so shocked. Oh damn he is having another

Justice had 3 GM's in abt a 5 min period--he had no recovery inbetween. I totally expected Tuck to have one..I guess the night is young...

I am going to get an estimate for an ultrsound and endoscopy tmw if I can. I may need to wait till the neuro gets back a week from tmw to get it. This is so upsetting. What if Justie is being treated for IBD...and it's something else that needs a different treatment? What if the hunching and pica are actually pre-seizure activity like the neuro says is possible?? The only way to know is with a US and scope. The neuro wanted to do one back in Nov--but becuz of finances we decided to do a trial run with Tylan. It seems like it has helped, but he is still having some hunching and breaking through with some bad GM's. What if we can find out what is truly wrong and he can get some big numbers again. My gosh, he went 4.5 months at one point--what the heck happened?? IBD? other GI issue? needs diff seizure meds? My head is spinning.

I know MedVet doesn't have Care Credit, but someone told me they have Wells Fargo ( ? ) and they give u 3 months to pay. I wonder what happens if u don't pay it off--maybe a big finance charge? Anyone ever use Wells Fargo at a vet hospital?

Am I being crazy? Heck, maybe I am, it's after 2AM and I am really tired. I am worried abt Justice, and I am still worried Tuck will break thru also.

Sorry , there is no one to talk to, so u guys are stuck with my writing.

Maybe I will try again to go to bed...

Thanks angels for everything!

**edit...well it's nearly 4am. Justice is sleeping, and Tuckie had a GM at 3:25am. What a night...

Edited by k9sign

Deb, It's so fun to see the pictures of your dogs! Am I remembering right that they are Rotties. The coloring of the boy on the left looks it but they both really resemble labs too. Thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

Hi Martha Jane, thanks, I love showing them off. Jake is a rotti (on the left) and Riley is a labx. Unfortunately because of their dark colors its hard to get much detail in the snow.

Oh Deb, u almost make me believe that ur wish will come true. I am trying to totally believe it too!! U know the best wishes ARE from the :heart: Thank u!

I LOVE the pics of the boys!!! Is that Riley playing with the ball?? OMG it's just like Tuck plays with his ball outside--and his balls are the same size. Isn't that the cutest thing. Now jake is the Rottie and Riley the labX-right? You have such handsome boys!!!!! hugs

Thanks so very much angels!

Hang in there Cindy. Someday it will come true. Just going to take some time.

I'm glad you like the piccs of the boys. I have some video of them playing with a stick. They are quite comical when they run around the yard. That is Jake playing with the ball. Riley isn't into toys too much. That poor soccer ball has since gone to the soccer ball rainbow bridge. I got Jake a new one for Christmas but until i can figure out how to get some air out of it he's not too interested in it. He can't pick it up and carry it around.

Here are some videos on photobucket that I took of htem playing. If you would like to watch. There is no sound though

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/debdeb163/Videos/

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry.

We'll be praying for all three of you today. Of course your head is spinning. You are the only one in the world who could give those boys the loving attention, care, and quality they get and I'm sorry it has to be soo confusing. It sounds like we have a week for these new tests and I'm really hoping you'll get more help to have them. All I know about Wells Fargo is that it is a western bank started up in the Rockies. I didn't even think they had branches back there. Do you have any idea how much these tests might come to?

We'll be sending all the healing everything we can today. Oh Cindy, you really need and deserve a break.

Thank You Angels for all that you do for these three. It looks like they might need at least some one time help again now.

Love, Hugs and everything good....

Baila and Martha Jane

PS Deb, I LOVE the videos! So cheery - particulary like the water digging ball bobbing Rottie :) . Beautiful yard!

Edited by Baila

Justice had 3 GM's in abt a 5 min period--he had no recovery inbetween. I totally expected Tuck to have one..I guess the night is young...

I am going to get an estimate for an ultrsound and endoscopy tmw if I can. I may need to wait till the neuro gets back a week from tmw to get it. This is so upsetting. What if Justie is being treated for IBD...and it's something else that needs a different treatment? What if the hunching and pica are actually pre-seizure activity like the neuro says is possible?? The only way to know is with a US and scope. The neuro wanted to do one back in Nov--but becuz of finances we decided to do a trial run with Tylan. It seems like it has helped, but he is still having some hunching and breaking through with some bad GM's. What if we can find out what is truly wrong and he can get some big numbers again. My gosh, he went 4.5 months at one point--what the heck happened?? IBD? other GI issue? needs diff seizure meds? My head is spinning.

I know MedVet doesn't have Care Credit, but someone told me they have Wells Fargo ( ? ) and they give u 3 months to pay. I wonder what happens if u don't pay it off--maybe a big finance charge? Anyone ever use Wells Fargo at a vet hospital?

Am I being crazy? Heck, maybe I am, it's after 2AM and I am really tired. I am worried abt Justice, and I am still worried Tuck will break thru also.

Sorry , there is no one to talk to, so u guys are stuck with my writing.

Maybe I will try again to go to bed...

Thanks angels for everything!

**edit...well it's nearly 4am. Justice is sleeping, and Tuckie had a GM at 3:25am. What a night...

Oh no Cindy. I'm so sorry about Justice and Tucker too. I hope all of you are resting now. What can we do to help you find out what is defintetly wrong with Justice.

I haven't used Wells Fargo, sorry. I have Care Credit. I tried looking on the wells fargo website and they have a credit card 0% financing, might be worth checking into.

:hugs: I'm thinking of all of you, :heart::heart: Hang in there, I'm sorry you were on here by yourself last night with the seizures going on. I wish I could have been there.

HI Cindy,

Good to see both boys have trains tonight! I'll just have to eat some ice cream for them, it will be tough but I'll force myself! (smile)

I'm fortunate that New England gets a week off in February and April. So I will leave 2/16/07, pick up my "little guy" on 2/1707, and then get home on 2/18/07. I will then have a week to be home with him before going back to work on 2/26/07.

I saw pictures of him, and have been in contact with his human mother. She has grandfather and great grandfather on site. And the name influence came from his father's name- Denver. I just received pics of him from today, and will try to attach one here. Funny you should mention the names, I have had many more, but have discounted some. Sticking with the Scottish theme- Duncan, McDuff, McTavish, with the Denver/Mountain/Colorado theme- JD (John Denver), Sparkle, Avalanche, Boulder, Monty, Mounty, Sunny (Sunshine on My Shoulder), Snowball,

with the general cute pup theme- Little Buddy, Spunky, Precious, Cuddles. I supsect he will name himself when I meet him.

Hope the boys continue to do well and you're feeling like your old self again. Thanks for asking about my new baby.

splight

Oh Splight, he is such a cutie. How adorable and good for you. I was looking thru your list on names, and snowball sounded good to me.

Can't wait to see more piccs and thanks for posting those. He is definetely a cutie.

Cindy,

I'm so sorry to hear there was so much GM activity at your house last night. You and the boys must be very tired. I hope their brains have quieted down and haven't had any more seizures today.

Maybe the planets are lined up funny or something because Callie's had some trouble the last few days. She's had a several partials and just generally acts like she doesn't feel good.

Hugs,

Juli, Callie, Ava, Tori Kay and Coop

Hi Cindy,

So sorry to hear that the boys are having a touch time. I wasn't aware of any moon activity this week. Could it be the pressure change from the snow and ice? I know my allergies and migraines have been funky for the past few days with the weather change. Hope they are having a better day and that tonight will be peaceful.

Thanks for your comments on my new "little guy". I think the next 26 days will go a bit slowly. I have a few more things to get ready for his arrival. I'll be interviewing pet sitters over the next few weeks, to find someone to come in and do mid day walks.

Hope to hear good news on the boys.

splight...

The boys have been VERY clingy today, so I've been downstairs with them most of the day. Justice may have broken through with a CP, but those that saw it are not positive.

I have a few minutes to get on the puter now since they are getting dinner.

Deb, I looked at ur boys playing--so cute! It so reminds me of the pups when they play--only they are much smaller.lol. Esp when one had the ball (Jake?) and Riley chased him for awhile. It could be taken from what happens here nearly everyday--inside or out. The stick playing was cute, and the pool--well I thought he was trying to get the tennis ball, but a couple times in the second one he could have grabbed it and he didn't. That was so funny watching what he did for more then a minute. Thanks for the smiles.

Hi Martha Jane, I have missed u around--but so glad u are here now. Thanks for the support as always for the boys, and me-it means a lot. I did call MedVet--yikes-for US, endoscopy, biopsies,etc it's abt $1400. I'll have to talk with the neuro and see if the US is an absolute necessity-becuz to diagnose or disprove IBD u def need biopsies, so the scope would be a must. They only thing they said abt Wells Fargo is it's 90 day finance free--then they suck the blood out of u-- well they didn't say that, but at 22% interest--they may as well!! Maybe the neuro will have other ideas or be able to take some off the cost--we'll see...I don't know my head and brain are still spinning from lack of sleep!

Hi Juli, I hope it's a planetary mis-alignment--then it will GO AWAY!! I'm sorry Callie is having seizures too. Give her a hug from me--and one for u too just becuz I know u are worrying abt Callie too.

Thanks so much angels!!!!

Hi splight, I must have been writing while u posted. It's hard to tell at this point what happened last night. Could be barometric pressure for Tuck or could be becuz his seizure was was reduced a few days earlier.

Justice had the hunching and pica before his GM's--so it was either from IBD or whatever he has--or that was pre-seizure activity--and he just broke through.

Good luck on interviewing pet sitters!

Edited by k9sign

The boys are tucked into bed. Justice was doing a little hunching earlier, but isn't at the moment.

Tuck isn't himself. It will be nice in a couple weeks to get his labs. The last couple weeks he has been a bit ataxic and like a foggy brain. I wonder if his bromide or phenobarb levels are a bit high. decreasing his Depakote seizure med didn't help with the attaxia.

He sure did enjoy lying on the floor in front of the fire going. He changes positions at times making sure every place on him is toasty. Justice and Tuck were lying together there earlier this eve.

I have been tired, sad and many other emotions today, but I have to say the boys got a special gift from Nancy. She posted a couple months ago she was ordering something for them. Well it arrived today. They are the cutest dog tags. They look really heavy, but are made of light airplane aluminum. They each have the boys name and my phone nbr on one side and Justice's on the other side says SQUIRREL PATROL. OK, u guys ready for what Tucker's has on it? WIGGLE BUTT!!

Both boys are sporting their added tag. It made my day. Nancy hasn't been able to log on for several days--but in case she makes it--thank you! It was very sweet of u to do that!

Thanks so much angels!

Hi Cindy,

I am so sorry that the boys have had so many troubles :sad: I am keeping you all very close in my thoughts and prayers.

:hugs:

I hope that the vets can figure out what is going on with poor little Justice. We've got all fingers and paws crossed here that his health starts improving soon. I hope that both boys can get back on their trains soon. Cody is sending head rubs to you all.

Tracy :heart::stripekitty:

Hi Cindy,

Wow, those diagnostics are one chunk of change! I don't even remember what the US is but would it save signigicantly or can the scope and biopsies be done first and then the rest. Oh Cindy, I really hope you get some help with this. We all remember the Justice days when we were having to figure out how we could post so many successes! I too am glad so many IMOMers have gotten to meet your boys. Hang in there kiddo, things just have to improve. We'll be sending you all the good ju ju we can tonight.

Thank you so much IMOM and Angels for watching over Cindy and her boys!

Martha Jane, Baila, and Crew

Cindy, I was so sad to read that the boys have had a rough time of it the past few days. How are you all doing today? I sincerely hope that you were all able to get some rest last night. Sending positive thoughts your way that the two trains are back on track again!