Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kuhio98

Sylvia-RB 12/23/06

145 posts in this topic

I just realized that one year ago Sylvia was at Cornell undergoing her radiation treatments, I cannot believe that she is gone. I had hoped that she would be with us for her one year anniversary. The house is still so quiet without her, even with the little knuckle heads running around chasing each other.

I have never known a cat with such a great "presence" before, Sylvia was grand, in every way. I was thinking about her first visit with Dr. V, the ophthalmologist who diagnosed her cancer, she looked at Sylvia in awe and said, she is magnificent, I thought that was a perfect one word descprition of Syl.

I haven't forgotten about making a slideshow for her, and hope to do that in the next few weeks. I'm getting very close to leaving my job for a new one and hope to take about a week of for myself, to get some things done.

Sylvia, we love you and miss you, think about you every day. I hope you are happy and have a bottomless bowl of sniks where you are..... :heart:

Magnificent indeed!!!! The most beautiful kitty I have ever seen!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Laura}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Glad u are leaving the job!!!

Magnificent indeed!!!! The most beautiful kitty I have ever seen!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Laura}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Glad u are leaving the job!!!

Thank you Cindy! She was beautiful and I miss her so much. I finally got some pictures framed and personalized for her oncologist, and hope to get another set done for Cornell soon. They had called my vet and expressed their sadness and then sent me a card after Sylvia passed.

Looks like I'll be stuck in this job a bit longer, unless they keep firing people, which is the CFO's plan. I went on a ton of interviews recently and went back on seconds as well, but nothing worked out :sad: I'm tired. So it's going to be a bit longer before I get Sylvia's show done. Friday will be three months since she left us.

Friday will be three months since she left us.

{{{{{Laura}}}}}

Friday will make 2 months since Merlyn left me. It still seems like yesterday. You are in my thoughts always...

Lynette

Oh dear, Friday will be a tough day for two very special people. :sad:

I know that both Sylvia and Merlyn will be in the thoughts of many.

Oh dear, Friday will be a tough day for two very special people.

I know that both Sylvia and Merlyn will be in the thoughts of many.

Laurie said it perfectly...

:hugs:

Sylvia's birthday is tomorrow, she would have been 13. We still can't believe she is gone, and that she died so young. I always thought she would live a good long life since she was a hearty Maine Coon...guess I was wrong. It just isn't fair :sad:

Sylvia, I hope you are okay, that you have a bottomless dish of food up there (she loved her food), and that someone makes you a beautiful cat food cake to celebrate your birthday. Know that you are very loved and missed by us. :heart:

Oh, like Paula, I expect Miss Sylvia has them standing in line to give her a birthday cake tomorrow...once a Princess, always a Princess

Edited by Kay

Laura, today is a special day to remember a special girl and her family...

Just wanting you to know that I think of you and Sylvia often...she had many friends at IMOM...Hugs to you all, Judy

I hope that Kayla and Cody are with Sylvia today as they eat cake and celebrate her birthday

Hi Laura,

These anniversaries are so hard. I wish Sylvia could have been here on her 13th birthday. I know she will be celebrating with all the bridgkids.

Big hugs for you {{{{{Laura}}}}}

It has been one year since Sylvia left us, we really miss her giant, gentle purrsonality around here. We were lucky to have 12 wonderful years with our beautiful girl. Hope they are feeding you well up there, Syl......(she loved her food) We miss you very much and not a day goes by that we don't think about you.

She was such a beautiful cat.

post-7-1198431493_thumb.jpg

Sylvia is such a beautiful, beautiful girl. I know you are missing her on her Bridge day, as you miss her every day. I'm happy you had 12 wonderful years together, though I wish you could have had many, many more.

Sylvia, I suspect you are being very well fed at the Rainbow Bridge -- I'm pretty sure the bowl of food is indeed bottomless. You are probably chowing down right next to our Merlin, who loved his food more than any kitty I've ever met. I hope the two of you are great dining buddies.

Sending hugs to you, Laura.

Aw Laura, I know u are missing Syl so much.

I know I have told u before, but still--she has to be one of the most gorgeous cat's I have ever seen.

Thinking of u, and sending hugs.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{LAURA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Laura - Helping you honor Sylvia's Brdige Day. I know it's a tough day and how much you miss Syl.

Lots of hugs coming your way!!!

Laura, I'm sorry I missed Sylvia's Bridge Day. I knew it was close to Xmas..... It's a sure thing that Syl has all the food she could want -- I just hope she's not making the other cats feel inferior next to her beautiful self. :)

She was as sweet as she was beautiful.

She was one of the most beautiful beings I have ever seen. Even while she was undergoing treatment. Kramer and I send our very best to you and Chris.

Laura and Chris, please know that I have you in my heart...so sorry that I am a day late also...Sylvia was a special girl...know that she is watching over you during your first Holiday without her...Hugs, Judy

It has been one year since Sylvia left us, we really miss her giant, gentle purrsonality around here. We were lucky to have 12 wonderful years with our beautiful girl. Hope they are feeding you well up there, Syl......(she loved her food) We miss you very much and not a day goes by that we don't think about you.

She was such a beautiful cat.

post-7-1198431493_thumb.jpg

Laura I know how hard this anniversary must have been on you. Sylvia was one of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen and from your stories she was also a very special kitty.

My heart goes out to you.