Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kuhio98

Sylvia-RB 12/23/06

145 posts in this topic

Scanned in some of Sylvia's baby pictures this morning, she was so darn cute. They aren't the best quality and were taken by the couple we got Syl from over 12 years ago.

She was a "talker" even as a tiny kitten

[attachmentid=1364]

This is one of my favorites......I know you can all tell which kitten is Syl

[attachmentid=1365]

Glamour shot....

[attachmentid=1366]

Baby possum... :lol:

[attachmentid=1367]

Cutie pie

[attachmentid=1368]

These last two were taken by me when we first got Sylvia

[attachmentid=1369]

[attachmentid=1370]

She was doing *okay* yesterday, but we had a hard time getting her to eat last night :( Spent most the day by her side today.

post-7-1165788068_thumb.jpg

post-7-1165788152_thumb.jpg

post-7-1165788201_thumb.jpg

post-7-1165788237_thumb.jpg

post-7-1165788291_thumb.jpg

post-7-1165788360.jpg

post-7-1165788380.jpg

Laura, thank you so much for sharing those amazing photos of tiny Sylvia with us. OMG, what a precious baby. It put a huge smile on my face to see her sweet kitten face.

I'm sorry that she was not feeling well enough to eat much last night. I hope that she is feeling better today. I'm so glad that you have been able to spend so much time together today.

Sylvia was an adorable kitten. That's not a surprise as she's a gorgeous girl now. I'm sorry she didn't feel much like eating. May her appetite return. Hope you got to spend a lot of time with her this weekend and no house cleaning!

Laura,

Oh, Syl's baby pics are so cute!!! Thanks for sharing them. I'm sorry you had a hard time getting her to eat last night :sad: I hope her appetite is better tonite.

Tracy :stripekitty:

Laura, thanks for sharing Syl's baby pics. She was, of course, an adorable kitten, but it's like she's gotten more beautiful with each passing year. :rose:

It's really hard to see one of your kids not wanting to eat, esp. when it's one who normally loves to eat. My lardbutts and I are sending you hugs and wishes that Syl feels better today.

Cjecking in on Sylvia. Love those baby pictures - such a cutie! She shure gre into a beautiful and elegant girl.

Give her some snuggles for me too!

Such sweet baby pictures. And such a beautiful girl. My 3 furbabies & I are sending her kitty purrs & kisses & snuggles, hoping she's doing well today. And you & she are in my thoughts & prayers.

Just checking in, hoping that all is OK...I want you to know that I have you, Chris and Sylvia in my thoughts and prayers.

I know this is a difficult time for you both, I wish that I could help in some way. Know that others are here for you, I know when Kayla and Cody were sick, hearing from my IMOM friends was so importnant...

Thinking of you all. Judy

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting Sylvia's baby pictures. What a precious baby girl. I particularly liked the one where she was meowing. She is so sweet.

I hope Syl is eating a little better. She and you are in my prayers.

Lynette

Awww Syl, IPB Image Such a personable and compelling sweetness! Laura, we're just doing one of our many daily checks here. I'm glad she was still doing "OK" but of course thinking about you both with a mix of joy and sorrow. Joy that you can take the time to be with her now and huge sorrow for the reasons why. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you! Extra head rubs from us - (Rusty, you'll still be getting more another time :) )

:heart:

Martha Jane and Crew

Laura, thinking of you and Chris and your beautiful and special girl Sylvia. Hope you are having some really wonderful and special lovey times together.

Thank you all for checking in on Sylvia, she is doing *okay*. Her belly is huge, she weighs 14 lbs, and as least 2 of that is fluid/masses :sad:

We took her to my regular vet last night for an evaluation, she hasn't seen Syl since her diagnosis. Her appointment was early (it was actually for Rusty and Martie but I called and changed it) in the evening so I had Chris meet me there. I walked into a crowded waiting room and spied him in the corner, the top of the carrier was open and he was stroking her back, quietly sobbing. I pretty much lost it, it broke my heart to see him like that (he's a big, burly man), he loves her so. We were both afraid my vet would say it was time for her last night.

But when she examined Syl she thought she looked pretty good (with the exception of Syl's stomach), asked us how Syl was acting etc. We told her Sylvia is still eating (most times), using her litter box and coming upstairs every morning to wake us up for her breakfast at 4:30 :)

She said Syl's color was very good and since she didn't think it was quite time yet she suggested a stronger course of steroids. Syl got a depo shot last night, and I'm to bring her in Thursday to possibly have her belly tapped, depends on how she looks by then and how she is acting.

We might just have one more Christmas with our baby girl......

She didn't want to eat tonight so with the guidance of her Auntie Kim and Auntie Juli, I gave her a quarter tab of Pepcid AC, I'm thinking she might have a little tummy troubles. Hopefully she will eat better tomorrow.

Thanks again for keeping her in your thoughts, we're just not ready to say good bye yet and I don't think she's quite ready to leave us... :heart:

Laura, I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am. Sylvia was doing so well for a while and now to read this, my heart truly aches for you all. You can never prepare yourself to let go, just try to enjoy everyday together.

I just read that you took Sylvia to the vet today and they said she looks good, I also pray you will be able to spend the holidays together. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Please hang in there Sylvia. :heart:

Laura,

I am so sorry for all that you, Chris, and Syl are going thru. I hope it'/s true, that she's not ready to leave yet and you'll have another Christmas together with her :heart: I hope the Pepcid helps her tummy troubles. That's the dose Cody gets everyday, and it seems to help him quite a bit. All fingers and paws crossed here.

:hugs:

Tracy :stripekitty:

Big hugs to all of you :hugs: Chris is such a sweetheart.Here's hoping the steroid shot and tap make Sylvia feel better. :heart:

p

and the boys

Ah Laura, There are few things we'd like to see more than you getting to share one more Christmas with Sweet Sylvia!

We'll be sending all the prayers, wishes and thoughts we possibly can for this to happen. We're so sorry for all you are both having to go through. I wish I could just put you all, Chris included, into a big love bubble where you could always float along and drift painfree.

Much love and prayers are being sent your way!

Martha Jane and Fur Family

Keeping fingers and paws crossed here that you were awakened at 4:30 this morning by a hungry girl... thinking of you all.

Edited by Kay

Hi Laura,

I just read sylvia's thread and wanted to offer my support. I pretty much went thru the same thing with my dog Bear. Radiation treatement, everything okay and then it came back in another spot.

Sylvia is such a beautiful cat. Her baby piccs are adorable. I'm hoping that she will hang in there for one last Christmas. All of my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hi Laura,

Our fingers are crossed that Sylvia came up to wake you at 4:30.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Martha Jane and Fur Family

Laura, checking in on Sylvia. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you all.