Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kuhio98

Sylvia-RB 12/23/06

145 posts in this topic

Thanks for the nice comments on my beautiful girl, I too, think she is every bit as beautiful as she was before her treatment. I just thought the pictures put right up next to each other were so interesting.

Still very pretty! I noticed she didn't lose her horns.

I haven't been on IMOM much this week, we got some devastating new about Sylvia on Friday night. It appears her cancer is back and in her abdomen now. She has several masses and is retaining a large amount of fluid. The fluid was drained on Friday night but by yesterday, she had filled back up already. We don't think she has long, prognosis is a couple of weeks at best.

Please keep a good thought for her, that her journey will be gentle. She is my big gentle maine coon, also know as the "gentle giants". She is the sweetest, softest cat I have ever known, in looks and personality. I still can't believe we are losing her... :broken_heart:

[attachmentid=1345]

post-7-1165460089_thumb.jpg

Laura,

I am so very very sorry. My heart is breaking for you. :broken_heart:I wish her peace for this final leg of her journey.What a sweet gentle girl.

Paula

She is such a beautiful cat. I got to meet her briefly and was struck by her intelligence and curiosity (what is that big cat on a leash?). She reminded me of a perfect sky and cloud with her colors. Striking. I am so sorry that this is happening.

Laura, I'm so terribly sad to read this news about Sylvia. I am sending wishes to you all that your remaining time together is filled with a lot of love -- I know it will be. Sending gentle hugs to Sylvia -- and to you.

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry. Your sweet, beautiful Sylvia. We'll definitely pray that her last stretch here will be good and her journey to follow gentle. You will both be in our thoughts and prayers tonight!

:heart:

Martha Jane and Baila

Oh, Laura, I'm so sorry about Sylvia. I was just looking at her pictures yesterday & noticed how much she looked like my JR Mewing angel cat, who was also a Maine Coon. You & she are in my thoughts in prayers!

Laura,

My heart breaks for you. Sylvia is sooo beautiful. I feel her sweet spirit. Both of you are in my prayers...strength and comfort for you and a peaceful final journey for your Sylvia.

Love and hugs,

Lynette

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, I really, really appreciate it. Syl is actually having a couple of good days right now, she is acting *okay*, eating well and loves spending time on her daddy's lap getting combed. Chris has been really good about coming straight home from work and spending time with her, she just adores him. Daddy's girl :)

Sylvia will probably hate me for mentioning something so indelicate but I found it kinda funny, she left us a HUGE gift in the litter box this morning and seems to be feeling even better today. Her belly is huge, and she seems a bit uncomfortable, but not greatly so. The thing I worry most is her breathing and have been keeping a very close eye on that.

Thanks again for keeping her in your thoughts, she is such a sweet girl. She is the only cat that I have that has never scratched me, not even accidentally. When she was kitten she was mellower than most, but when she did play it was always with her claws in.

Sylvia will probably hate me for mentioning something so indelicate but I found it kinda funny, she left us a HUGE gift in the litter box this morning and seems to be feeling even better today.

She's saying, "Merry Christmas" early :lol:

Laura, I'm so glad to hear that Sylvia seems to be feeling better today. We have paws and fingers crossed that this continues :heart:

:hugs:

Tracy :stripekitty:

Laura,

I'm so glad Syl is having some good days.Many hugs to all of you.Sylvia is just stunning(can't let mine hear that) She walks with such grace and dignity but she can also speak. :cat: hoping for more good days ahead. :heart:

p

and the boys

Laura, no claws -- I wonder if that's a Maine coon thing? JR only scratched me one time in his entire life, and that was when he was sitting by my bare foot, something startled him & he jumped, catching my foot with a back claw. I'm glad Syl is having a better day -- hopefully all her remaining days will be good & filled with much love!

Laura, It is wonderful to hear that Sylvia is having some good days. I'm hoping you'll get lots of good cuddle time with her this weekend - and, that if it makes her feel better, that she continues to leave you lots of "huge gifts" :)

Plese give Sylvia a few extra combs, a chin rub and a kiss form us! (and then sneak an extra to Rusty too :) )

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

Edited by Baila

Laura, I am so happy to read that Sylvia is having a couple of good days. I have worried so for you all...

I can just see her snuggling and cuddling with you both...

I am still having computer issues so my time on the computer is short.

Know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Judy

Laura, how is Sylvia doing today?

I know you're giving her lots and lots of cuddles and kisses... I like to think of her being wrapped up in love. Hugs to you and Chris, and of course to Sylvia.

Aw Laura, I am so sorry to read this news. Give that VERY SPECIAL girl a snuggle for me. Sending out lots of positive thoughts and prayers for many "good days".

Thank you all for stopping by with good wishes for Sylvia, she is doing remarkably well. She is eating, sleeping, using her litterbox, and most importantly enjoying lots of love from her parents. She is very bonded to Chris and would much rather he scratched/rubbed/combed her than I. He must have the magic touch :)

I got home early today from work, and ended up crashing on the couch with her for a few hours. She was resting comfortably, and although her belly is really large, it doesn't seem to bother her too much. She just curled up and slept. As soon as she heard her Daddy walk in she perked right up.

I'm hoping to spend most of the weekend at home with her, and am also taking off several days next week. I think one of the hardest things about this is leaving her daily for work, since we both work out of the home she is alone most the day, and I worry about her. But so far so good!

This is kinda funny, I noticed yesterday that she was wheezing a tiny bit, which scared me, then I got a closer look at her nose and saw that she was just crusted up again......picked her nose (which she fought me on :) ) and she was fine....no more wheezing. Funny how a few little boogies can scare you sometimes.. :lol

It does my heart good to know Syl is having some good days!!

I am glad Chris is keeping up on her combing since she loves it.

It's great u will be able to spend some extra time with her.

Please give her a hug from me! :heart:

Hi Laura,

I'm so glad that Sylvia is having some better days. And I'm glad the wheezing was only boogers. :biggrin: Give her a hug from me.

Tracy :stripekitty:

Funny how a few little boogies can scare you sometimes..
Yes, we remember well our perfect little brown tabbie here that had a boogie scare once. [laugh and sigh]

Laura, there is no sigh here in the case of Sylvia as she was able to breath again without wheezing! Silly girl for having fought you! I'm really glad you are getting to spend the weekend with her and can take some days next week. It is a nice visual of you two crashed on the couch. I hope her good days are continuing. Please give (or have her dad give :lol: ) more soft combings from us! Sweet and Lovely Sylvia!

Martha Jane and Fur Family

We are invisioning Sylvia lounging with her parents all weekend being pampered like a beautiful Queen. Hope all is well at your house.

hope all of you are staying warm inside and enjoying snuggling with the Syl. :minichat6: thinking of you and sending peaceful thoughts.

p

and the boys