Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen, Part 2

995 posts in this topic

Aww Cindy, I feel awful that you have been sick and apart from the dog walks and no way to avoid walks I've been reall;y hunkering down from the cold that I really hope doesn't make it all the way to you. This is suppose to hang in till Thurs.

Yea for Justice, we've all got everything tightly crossed that it continues. Bleys is such a great conductor!!

C'mon Tuck, stay on, it's the very best medicine for your ma!!

We're hoping and for the very best for you all and that you, my most deserving friend, feel much better VERY soon!!!

:heart:

Baila and Martha Jane

Tucker at 1 day!!

================T :1icecream::turtle: ================

Justice at NINE days!!!

==========J :icecream5::icecream4::turtle2: ============

This looks GOOD!!! Keep on chuggin boys!

I DO hope you have been able to get some rest and starting to feel better.

I've been away from the boys most of today again. Tuck finally could come and see me, and I think he may need some physcal therapy on his butt and tail--it was wiggling so hard, I thought it was going to break!! ;)

Justice is now content to be in my lap. He is letting me write this quickly, while he has his head on my lap and I keep stopping to give him scritches. He very much wants back in my lap, and he will be in a few minutes.

From all reports the boys have been fine today.

Tuckie did get me up abt 2:10am when he had reflux--but I didn't see any seizure activity.

Tuckie is at 2.5 days!!!

=================T :icecream2::turtle: ================

I'm a few hours early for Justice--but he will get to 10 days this eve!!

===========J :icecream5::icecream5::turtle2: ============

Martha Jane, Laurie and Linda, thanks as always for ur wonderful posts and support of not only the boys--but me too. I try not to talk too much abt my illnesses or let on too often when something is going on-but when it keeps me from posting as much as I want, then I want to let u know so u don't worry that I'm not posting becuz of one of the boys. But I do appreciate all the get well wishes, and support!! :heart::heart::heart:

Thanks so very much angels!! :motimonkey::heart:

oh, Cindy, I am so glad to see both boys on the train - I hope they remembered to wave to Juli as they left the station :)

Cindy, I hope you are feeling better...I know just how you are feeling. I had the cold thing right before Christmas and I'm just getting over it...I too have "issues" with bronchial things and it always lingers on and on and on...rest up...it sounds like the boys are taking GREAT care of you...don't you worry about posting...you are sofar ahead of yourself...the only thing would be that we would be worrying about you.

Also, glad to see that the boys are good...especially Justice...he needs alittle streak of luck on his side...Hugs to you ALL, Judy

oh, Cindy, I am so glad to see both boys on the train - I hope they remembered to wave to Juli as they left the station :)

Oh yes we were waving at each other as I sit waiting for Henry. Poor Henry can't seem to stay awake for the Midnight Train. I'm thinking we should try for the Noon Train. Is there such a thing?

Tuckie is at 3 days!! :banana:

============T :icecream3::turtle: ==============

Justice is at 11 days!! :banana:

======J :icecream5::icecream5::1icecream::turtle2: =========

Mari called today and said the neuro wants a chest xray of Tucker to make sure he doesn't have megaesophagus (MegaE). OMG, I thik if he has MegaE that would be the proverbial straw...

Tuck keeps having reflux every day, and some choking at times. So before we keep getting stronger antacids, he said this is a possibility of what's been going on, so we need to rule it out. Among other things MegaE can cause aspiration pneumonia--so he wants the xray ASAP. I'll have to call around to try and get the xray at the least expense.

PLEASE PRAY Tucker doesn't have MegaE!! Sometimes more extensive tests need to be done, so I am hoping the chest xray shows what they need to see (or not see!).

Kay, Judy, Diane and Juli, thanks so much for the posts--I needed a boost! U guys are wonderful!!

Juli, I think u would need to contact Gladys Knight (and don't forget those Pips) and see if she could redo the song to Noon Train to Georgia. Ummm kinda doubt it. Maybe Henry needs some coffee. No that's bad for kitty (and pupper) hearts.

Well I think the train goes in a huge circle--so watch for the boys waving to u--at least u have them!!

hugs to all th kitties and puppers.

Thanks so much angels!

Well, if these little guys are on a circular track - we can just wave as they go by! Keep on chuggin boys!

Poor Tuck, I am sending out lots of positive thoughts that Tuck doesn't have Mega E.

WHOO HOO!!! :banana:

Cindy,

I am hoping and praying that Tuck doesn't have megaesophagus. All paws and fingers crossed here.

:hugs:

Tracy :stripekitty::heart:

Mari called today and said the neuro wants a chest xray of Tucker to make sure he doesn't have megaesophagus (MegaE). OMG, I thik if he has MegaE that would be the proverbial straw...

Tuck keeps having reflux every day, and some choking at times. So before we keep getting stronger antacids, he said this is a possibility of what's been going on, so we need to rule it out. Among other things MegaE can cause aspiration pneumonia--so he wants the xray ASAP. I'll have to call around to try and get the xray at the least expense.

PLEASE PRAY Tucker doesn't have MegaE!! Sometimes more extensive tests need to be done, so I am hoping the chest xray shows what they need to see (or not see!).

Kay, Judy, Diane and Juli, thanks so much for the posts--I needed a boost! U guys are wonderful!!

Juli, I think u would need to contact Gladys Knight (and don't forget those Pips) and see if she could redo the song to Noon Train to Georgia. Ummm kinda doubt it. Maybe Henry needs some coffee. No that's bad for kitty (and pupper) hearts.

Well I think the train goes in a huge circle--so watch for the boys waving to u--at least u have them!!

hugs to all th kitties and puppers.

Thanks so much angels!

Oh no Cindy, I will pray that Tucker doesn't have MegaE. I'm so glad that the boys have been seizure free for 3 and 11 days. And I'm hoping that you feel better soon.

Did you get any of the ice storm? We had a little here, not enough to take out the power but enough to keep my scardy butt home from work yesterday. I told my boss I was sorry but I didn't do ice. He said no problem.

Hugs to everyone.

Tuckie is at 4.5 days!!!!!

===============T :icecream4::turtle: ===============

But, or butt...Justice derailed at 2:15PM :sad: He had been clingy and hunting for things to get into, so I wasn't totally surprised when Carol said Justice was bobbing his head--but I hoped I was wrong.

Hi Linda, Tracy and Deb, well tmw I am taking Tuck to the local vet for a chest xray. I hope it shows no MegaE. We are having snow this afternoon, but nothing too bad like north of me. Judy and Diane may or may not be in quite a snow.

We never got the ice--that was surprising. Hope u guys are staying warm. hugs

Thanks so much angels.

That's the problem, Juli -- the coffee is at your house and not at my house. :lol: The boy just can't stay awake till midnight!

Cindy, I'm sorry that Justice derailed. He must have seen that train derailment in KY today and you know how kids imitate what they see on TV..... But overall your boys have been doing really good, thanks in large part to a smart mama who figured out that fish problem!

Excuse me, Kim, but are you sure there is no Henry's Blend at your house :)

I sure hope Justice's derailment is just a minor thing and he is back on that train tomorrow. Thinking of both boys from here in icy Seattle (like I had to travel clear across the country to get bad weather... what was I thinking...)

No more seizures at this point for Justice. Phew!

Tuck is doing fine, and was just playing with a toy. He is abt 8 hours from day 5--but hope we can make it!!

LOL Kim, I was thinking the same thing--the coffee isn't going to do any good at Juli's. I guess though it can keep her from nodding off at the train station when the boys go by waving...or horrors if Henry ever gets on that train, and Juli is sleeping and misses him!!!

Of course we all know coffee is a big no no for kitties and puppers, but if Kim had any, maybe she could let him smell the aroma and it would wake him. Hmmm maybe FF would do a better job at that!! LOL.

Juli, be sure and take ur Henry Special Blend with u to the station--I hope tmw while u wait for Henry, u at least see Justice waving, so it's not a total waste sitting at the station!!

Kay, that coffee is cute! Dang, Seattle?? I hope u aren't iced in until Spring!!!

Be careful and stay warm. Ohhh no furkids to snuggle with--well imagine Justice all cuddled up next to u...and Tuckie too!!

Thanks so much angels!

Hi Cindy,

Aw, sorry about Justice :sad: I'm glad Tuckie is still on track :) I hope tomorrow's visit for Tuckie shows nothing serious, but hope it gives you some answers. No mega-e!!! :luck: All fingers and paws crossed here.

:hugs:

Tracy :stripekitty::heart:

Awww poor Justice just vomited. Then he had a CP. Darn IBD must be acting up.

There is a place in Carol and David's bathroom that was not caulked ( sp?) correctly and the paint is chipping and it is moldy. Carol just told me earlier today he was eating some tiny chips that had fallen on the floor. At least I know it's not lead paint--but moldy paint chips sounds...well...not good. I have no idea if that is why his IBD started up or if it started 2 days ago when he became very clingy.

IBD sucks!

Both boys are curled up in bed. Tuck is snoring. It's so weird, Justice has only vomited once that I know of...but he looks sick already. Do u guys know what I mean?? It's the way he is laying there, and his fur looks dull. Now that he has had some medication, maybe his tummy will feel better too.

Tracy, I am sure hoping and praying tmw proves Tuck doesn't have megaE. It doesn't always show in just a routine xray. Do u know some vets won't do the xray unless they can give sedation!!! The neuro said to tell all vets that Tuck can not have sedation AT ALL!! I'm just not up to taking him to Columbus..so I am using one of the local vets. I hope they take a good, clear xray!!! chin rubs to Cody.

Thanks so much angels--2 precious pups are here beside me, becuz of all of u!!!

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear that Justice's train came off the tracks a bit, but here's hoping that he gets back on soon. And Tucker, you keep chugging along, y'hear?

It's so weird, Justice has only vomited once that I know of...but he looks sick already. Do u guys know what I mean?? It's the way he is laying there, and his fur looks dull. Now that he has had some medication, maybe his tummy will feel better too.

I completely know what you mean. Caine is unfortunately having an IBD flare-up right now. Yes, it's amazing how I can just tell that he's feeling bad even when he's not vomiting. His fur is definitely dull, his eyes aren't sparkling.

I hope Justice's IBD is better soon. Caine sends purrs and friendly paw-swats to Justice.