Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen, Part 2

995 posts in this topic

Justice at 7 days!! Whoo hoo!!! :banana:

in a couple weeks we will have another great game. I am hoping those involved haven't spilled the beans to others that are not involved--cuz it's gonna be a doozie!!!! Paula we will def need ur expertise in the rules--it will be a bit more complicated then any other--but boy will it be super!!! I haven't decided whether it should be started 2 weeks before "the happening" or just 7 days before. Hmmmmm...

I can't even guess...can hardly wait to find out what it is! :)

Yikes, 29 people and only 2 bathrooms! :ohmy: Egads! :peeing: I'll bet you could have called about Tuckie and Justice from inside the bathroom and not gotten any static from anyone. At my work, people chat on their phones in the bathroom all the time. I'll get into a stall, and the person in the stall next to me is just talking away...and it's usually about business, too. I always wonder what the person on the other end of the line is thinking when all of a sudden they hear a flush :roll:

Wow, both boys on their trains - that's awesome! :):banana: And there's a new Cody update waiting for you, whenever you have time to wander into his world of cat grass, chicken, and the bed full of kitty litter :roll:

:hugs:

Tracy :stripekitty:

Excuse me, but CRAP! Tuckie had a couple more CP's. His last was a little before 11pm.

I wonder if he has been having them and they were missed. It is easy to miss sometimes. Tonight I was downstairs and he had a couple--no one else noticed becuz they were watching TV or reading. I am NOT faulting them, becuz who knows how many I miss. It's just downright impossible to keep ur eyes trained on him 24/7! Anyway, he got some butt meds, and we will satrt the 24 hour protocol (sublingual meds every 8 hours no matter how well he is doing--and butt meds for actual seizure activity.) in the morning.

Tmw Tuckie is having his special thyroid tests done (it's called a 6-panel thyroid). Becuz he is on Phenobarb, the normal tests in a profile would show he was low. So, it's just not an accurate test. They need autoantibody and thyroglobulin tests. The results will come in as each of the 6 tests is done--but it won't all be put together for abt a week. It will be a long week! There was a lot of discussion 15months ago abt his thyroid results-some said he needed supplements and some said he didn't. My prayer is that this time there is no" ifs, ands, or butts"!! I am praying it shows clearly that he either needs thyroid supplements--or he doesn't.

I am torn becuz I don't want to add the expense of another med and also all the labs that wuld need to be done for levels. BUT--several pups on the epilk9 group have had significant improvement when they supplement their pups for hypothyroidism!!

PLEASE, IF IT CAN HELP HIS SEIZURES-- LET HIM BE HYPO-THYROID!!

I have another request--JB is back over under the Emergency Funds--and he needs a chest tap and transfusion TODAY!! Please if u can donate--if not--just send some prayers up, becuz that wll help too!!

I will be back late afternoon --since I need to take Tuck to Columbus for the labs.

:wbd3:

Thanks so very much angels!!

Hi Judy and Tracy, somehow I missed ur posts. Judy, I wish with all my heart u had a pupper to snuggle with too. :broken_heart::broken_heart:

Tracy the funny thing is we also used the men's bathroom--or it would have just been one restroom!! I can't seem to pee and talk on the cell at the same time anyway. lol!!!

Thanks--and hugs

I love that pic of Justice during his agility trial where he titled. That same tenacious and determine look is def Justice!!

Edited by k9sign

Good luck in Columbus. If Tuck does need thyroid pills, I think they're pretty inexpensive (from what I remember when Butchie had to take them).

Nice to have you back!

Diane

Cindy, we were all thrilled that the boys did so well while you were gone so that hopefully Mama Cell Phone could enjoy her HTA training and get some rest. But I have to admit, I did wonder if your housemates missed some "little" seizures. Some folks are better stalkers than others. ;)

We'll be anxiously awaiting Tuck's thyroid results too. No "ifs, ands, or butts" -- LOL!

I am torn becuz I don't want to add the expense of another med and also all the labs that wuld need to be done for levels.

:bitchslap2:Don't get me started, MISSY!! You know we'll help the boys with whatever they need to minimize those damn seizures. Kay is loaded, ya know. :roll:

"I can't seem to pee and talk on the cell at the same time" -- now that we can't help ya with. :lol:

Have a safe trip tomorrow!

Hi Cindy,

You KNOW we'll be watching closely for the test results. If you room mates missed some CPs, as long as it didn't hurt the boys, I'm glad as thinking they were doing well might have helped you be able to focus on your workshop. It sounded grand!

Martha Jane

PLEASE, IF IT CAN HELP HIS SEIZURES-- LET HIM BE HYPO-THYROID!!

There couldn't be a better defined prayer for all of us to concentrate on...we're here, Cindy.

I have another request--JB is back over under the Emergency Funds--and he needs a chest tap and transfusion TODAY!! Please if u can donate--if not--just send some prayers up, becuz that wll help too!!

It's time for me to pay up on the "call home" challenge. It will have to be prayers at the moment for JB. However, I do get the first paycheck in forever (hopefully, tomorrow), if it's still possible to donate to "JB, the Dogg," I will, otherwise, to General Funds.

Thanks, Cindy!

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom

Hi everyone! We are back from Columbus and Tuck's blood draw.

He was a VERY brave little boy! :banana:

I will have a few of the test results back Friday--but everything won't be back till the middle of next week. :unsure:

I want to thank Tuckie's sponsors so very much for covering the $128 charge for this test--I would have needed to put it off a few more months-plus it would have been more expensive (almost $150--but they gave a discount for IMOM). I hope we will know once and for all if he is hypothyroid--and if so, supplements may help lessen his seizure activity. Not that I am pinning all my hopes on it--OK, yea, I am--it's the last chance (besides other seizure meds) to possibly help him and we just need an answer one way or the other!

Justice is still not playing outside a lot--he comes inside pretty quickly and then wants his mommy or just to sleep. He did do some attacking of the TP this AM--well not exactly attacking-but more like nibbling. He went in Carol and David's bathroom while they were dressing in the bedroom-and carol caught him just nibbling the edge of it. But that was all--he didn't eat any large amounts and there were no tiny pieces all over that he dropped-like before. So his tummy may still be bothering him a little.

Tuckie is doing OK. He slept all the way to Columbus and back. All the pups are excellent in the car. He is getting sublingual meds every 8 hours to HOPEFULLY get him past the 24 hour mark again and out of any cluster.

Hi Diane, I did ask Niki abt the cost of supplements and she thinks a ballpark cost is abt $25 for a 3 month supply!!!! She said (like with the boys phenobarb and Tuck's KBr) that the real costs are with the labs that need to be done. Levels are so expensive!!! But wouldn't it be awesome if his seizure's improved and his meds could be reduced. OMG, maybe that "quality of life" speech will be long forgotten!!

Boy...am I getting ahead of myself--we don't even have the test results back yet-he may not need thyroid meds! Hugs to u and the gang!

Hi Kim, yup, after last night, and other nights I have walked in to see him having a seizure and no one noticing--I would be surprised if they didn't miss some. Like I said I can't fault them-I know they did their very best and I am so grateful and love them for it--but they don't have the stalker mom brain!! Even stalker mom has to have missed some! I imagine u are a pretty darn good Teddie stalker mom--and Roadie too!!

Poor Kay, she is being talked abt as far as being in cahoots with Judy, and then her happening to win the latest game, and now u are volunteering her wallet. LOL. Hmmmmm wonder where she has gone--we heareth nuttin from her. Do u thinketh she hideth?? Hugs to u and the kitties!!

Hi Martha Jane, oh the workshop was grand. I wish we had a video recorder and could have taped some of the jaw dropping things. Even though I have done HTA for awhile now, and have seen some wonderful things first hand, having a tape would have been awesome to show folks who think this is a bunch of woo-woo stuff.

I did relax more and sleep better knowing the boys were doing so well after that first night there--and I came home to my little puppers wiggle buttin like crazy (I thought they were gonna take off they were wiggling so hard!!). So as long as possibly missing some mild seizures didn't cause any major problems--then all is well. Hugs to u and Baila!

Hi Linda, Thanks--the trip today was nice--the colors are much brighter going south , so Columbus had some great colors. Cincinnati is really South-and those Fall colors a few days ago were gorgeous!!! Hugs to u and Andee!

Hi Francine--there is no time limit--u just do what u can when u can. I think IMOM accepts as low as $5. U need to keep some money saved back for Miss Jadie!!

Ohhh, first check though--that has to feel good. So, how is the job going now?? I know originally u weren't really happy--is it a little better now?? I do know leaving Jadie doesn't get any easier!!! hugs to u both!!

Justice is at 8 days!!!!!

==========J :icecream5::icecream3::turtle2:==========

Tuckie has 3 more hours--if I don't get back on tonight to do his train--I hope when I am on tmw I can give him an icecream!!

Thanks so much to IMOM and the sponsors that allowed Tuckie to get his special thyroid tests!! Thanks to all the sponsors of the boys--both who give with open hearts financially, and those who give with open hearts to support me and the boys emotionally. We love u all!!

:wbd3:

Edited by k9sign

Kay is in the great state of Florida this week, on business travel. Last week I was in New Jersey and next week I head to Pennsylvania -- then I hunker down for the winter... but I have been checking as much as I can on Tuckie and Justie and you...

And I won the phone contest fair and square.. and yes, I played the Judy game, but.... hey, I knew the right answer, guessed wrong publicly, and made my donation....oh, and I won the phone contest, did I mention that . nanner, nanner, nanner. :banana:

oh and

:banana:

SHE LIVES!!!!!!

Well poop u had to go to FLA after all. U know if going to PA u end up coming thru Columbus or anywhere-let me know and we can meet up. Unless u are doing ur favorite thing--flying!!

Hehehe nanner :banana: nanner :banana: nanner :banana:

YOU TELL EM KAY!!!!!!!

I know u check on ur 2 nephews as often as u can!!

Hugs

I still can't believe Kay beat me....I think she had some insider information that the rest of us didn't have :smokin:

And HEY!!! You were in Jersey??? And didn't call for a visit? I have to guess that it was while I was in NY. :motimonkey:

Yipppeeee!!! Justice is doing great, 8 days already??? wow... I'm glad that Tucker's vet visit was calm and uneventful. I'm sure you'll let us know as soon as his results are back... :hugs:

Laura and Chloe

Glad the trip went well. I think our fall color is at it's peak right now, but it's been windy here, so we are losing leaves (and branches). I love doing the "road trip" in the autumn landscape.

Planning a road trip next week (Probably thursday) - how far are you off I 80?

Hey Cindy, Can you go to Introductions and read I'm a Newbie Introduction posted by Weyland about his Jack Russell, Sooner? Thanks.

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom

Hi Cindy,

I'm glad that Tuckie did well at today's blood draw...what a brave little guy he is! :banana: I hope that whatever answer the labs results hold, it will be a clear answer once and for all, and you'll know exactly where you and Tuckie stand. And I hope the answer ends up being whatever improves his seizures :luck:

Justice is back to TP nibbling - oh dear. :sad: Hopefully his tummy stops bothering him and he will stop eating TP. Hooray for Justice's train!! And Tuckie's too! Just in case you don't get back on to do Tuckie's train or an ice cream, here's one from me and Cody: :1icecream: And I'll sneak in another one for Justice, too :1icecream: Don't want either boy to think I'm playing favorites :P

Big hugs to you and your precious boys :heart:

:hugs:

Tracy :stripekitty:

Aww Cindy, I tried but you know I can't go home without checking on the boys!

Since I haven't seen you post otherwise---

=============T :1icecream::turtle::turtle: =========IPB Image

Love seeing that picture of Justice again! - Nice to have it over here too!

IPB Image,

MarthaJane, Baila & Co.

OH MY! Where in the world did you find the choo choo emoticon!!!

(I can't get it to repost here, hmmmmmm )

Hi Cindy!

First, let me apologize for interjecting the boys thread with requests for personal visitations to other threads. Ahhh, I have to pray to get a better reign on my emotions.

Tucker is a very brave little boy. He's proven it in volumes throughout this thread. This latest show of heroism is just a confirmation of his bravery. Hope the results of the blood test are what you are the results you want.

Justice returning to his TP routine, other than the need to replace the roll more frequently, is there any harm done? You may have answered this in previous posts and I just didn't get it.

It occurred to me that in this weird "home needs to make life easier catalogs," I know I've seen a plastic TP cover, that goes over the top, meaning that you need to grab the first square from the small space below. Did I confuse the issue here? Well, if I did, I know you've experienced the metal versions in the "Ladies," loos around town.

Oh well, you know me and my "thoughts" on subjects.

Looking for the latest post. Hope Tucker's at 2 and Justice at 9. And, that you've just overslept!

The boys are doing OK. Tonight Justice will be at 9 and Tuckie at 2--hope, hope, hope.

I'm a little under the weather, so not much to post--except my little boys are the bestest nursemaids!!

Ohhh Laura is accusing Kay of insider info--maybe THAT is why she didn't call u when she was in NJ-haha-so there!! My buddy would never cheat. :P Give that innocent Chloe a hug!

Hi Linda--umm were u asking Kay (who will be in PA next week) or me abt I-80?? I would need to look at a map to see where it is--where is ur road trip taking u???

Hi Francine, no worries abt asking to check a pets thread out--I had already been to Sooners thread (just haven't posted). I hope Sooner becomes a PIN!

With Justice and the TP--the concern is that he suddenly started with pica behavior and within 24 hours broke thru after not having a seizure for 4.5 months. Pica behavior doesn't typically get drastic as quickly as his did. Plus there is a concern that with pancreatitis some dogs eat odd things--so may be an indication he still isn't feeling well-the way he is acting, I would guess that is the case.

Hi Tracy, ohh the boys sure do love the extra :1icecream: !!!. Thankfuly Tuck is always a brave little boy. Surprisingly Justice is very brave too (when he was a puppy he would screech with vaccinations). Does Cody mind the vet??

HI Marthajane :bitchslap2: It's nice u check on the boys, but--take a day off!!!!!

I LOVE the choo choo nanners!!!! What a great train u did!!!LOL.

I may not be back on again tonight. It may be easier to catch the boys trains up tmw anyway.

Thanks so much angels!!!

Edited by k9sign

What sweeties you have!! I love mini schnauzers, they remind me of little old men. My best friend has two and they are awesome!

With that said, my apologies for not posting before. I wanted to go thru and read it all first but WOW! You seem to be the talk of the town here ;)

Glad to hear that your trip was fun (?) and safe :P Loved the photos and Im in LoVe with your two babies!!

I think its just incredible how much time you devote to them. You are fantastic!!

Now, go get some rest. I hope you are back to feeling better soon!!

Tried to post this morning and couldn't :( I'm at an animal welfare conferance and didn't know if I was going to find a computer or time to use one! I found both!!!!

Went to a wonderful seminar today by Dr. Robert Roop of the HSUS. He lives in D.C. wonder if he knows Kim! Anyway it was on compassion fatigue...boy do we all have that! It was a very insightful seminar...hope I can help myself and my volunteers battle compassion fatigue now! I'm looking forward to the four seminars tomorrow!

Cindy, I hope you feel better soon! You have the best little nurses around, lucky you!

Hugs to you and the boys!

Nancy

Justice is at 9 days!!

===========J :icecream5::icecream4::turtle2: ==========

Tuckie will be at 2 days near 11pm--I am going on faith that he'll make it--plus I may not be back on till later in the day tmw, so I want to get it up!

===========T :icecream2::turtle: =====[attachmentid=825]

Both boys are napping and just being with mommy. They are sooo sweet!

Hi Gabrielle, I sure missed reading abt Layla while I was out of town last week!! I was thinking abt her at the Blessings of the Animals-I wish I could have done that with the boys too!

Tuckie and Justice are so blessed with such a following here. Before moving to this new site a few months ago they (mainly Tuck) had nearly 300 pages of thread (21 posts to each page!!)--so about 6,300 posts (wow--is that right???!). Now here they are already on "Part 2" becuz it had reached 1,000 posts!!! They have lots of aunties that love them!!!

I hope u got the estimate on the thyroid test. I didn't want u to worry when u saw the cost of Tuck's thyroid tests that were done yesterday. Becuz one of his medications is Phenobarbital, he can't have the normal thyroid tests (it could give a false low number)--typically thyroid tests are done with routine blood chemistry (although sometimes it's added on). I would think Layla had plenty of labs done before she was diagnosed??? Did they maybe do labs at an ER?? Anyway I wonder if she has already had the test. Just doing the one blood test for thyroid when it isn't included in a blood panel would be a bit more expensive--but it shouldn't be too bad. Be sure when u get an estimate they include everything for that visit so u don't get any surprises (like disposal fees, tech fee, etc). Oh yea--and having a tech draw the blood and not having the vet do it is less expensive usually. Hugs to Layla!!

Hi nancy, it sounds like u are at a great conference. Sounds like Dr Roop is speaking on a much needed topic!!! Thanks for checking on the boys even at a conference!! hugs

Oh, the boys are letting me know it's time for their meds!!

Thanks so much angels!

post-21-1161913746.gif

Justice is at 9 days!!

Tuckie will be at 2 days near 11pm--I am going on faith that he'll make it--plus I may not be back on till later in the day tmw, so I want to get it up!

Okay - it's 11 PM - whooo hoooo 2 days for Tucker! 9 days and chuggin for Justice!

Cindy, I am planning to drive to Michigan next week. If you aren't too far off I - 80 , I was thinking about stopping by on with the "to" or "fro". if you PM me your address (and zip code) I can map quest it and see how far away it is. I will have the hairy beast with me, so I won't be able to stay long, but I SOOOO want to meet you.

And the BOYS!!!

Edited by Linda IMOM

Justice is at 9 days!!

IPB Image Aww Cindy, it feels great to see Justice at over a week again. Hope his pancreas will stay happy and he'll stay on track! Tuckie, you too. We'll be watching for the bloodwork news. Now we'll hope you feel better too!

Nancy, "Went to a wonderful seminar today by Dr. Robert Roop of the HSUS. He lives in D.C. wonder if he knows Kim! Anyway it was on compassion fatigue...boy do we all have that! It was a very insightful seminar...hope I can help myself and my volunteers battle compassion fatigue now! I'm looking forward to the four seminars tomorrow!" This sounds like a really fascinating conference. We're looking forward to hearing more about it!

Thank You Angels for taking such good care of Cindy and the Boys!

:heart:

MarthaJane, Baila, and Crew

Edited by Baila