Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Linda IMOM

Tucker and Justice Van Allen, Part 2

995 posts in this topic

Wooo Hoooo! Way to GO boys!!!!! I am so glad Justice's tummy is feeling better too. Thanks marty fo updating us!

Bella's big day at the horse show - check out the pix http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/ell...20with%20Bella/

She got 2 red ribbons (she tied for 2nd place - twice!!!) and competed agains kids on BIG horses! HER pony had another tiny girl ride her in another class (actually they split the class because there wasn't enough ponies and Heidi is such a tiny tots pony). Bella was so upset that someone else was riding her pony! Bella did throw a temper tantrum in the show, but it was actually short lived and then she decided she wanted to ride. Thankfully, Heidi had no more tiny tots after Bella, so Bella got to ride a little longer after the show. It was COLD, thankfully, we bundled up Bella so she was able to ride a little longer. She's very proud of her ribbons, so if you get a chance, check out the photobucket link.

Hugs to the boys! I am so haapy to seem them both chugging down the seizure free track!

Hi, I just talked to Cindy.

She's really tired but said that the workshop went well.

Amazingly, both boys are doing great.

No seizures!! And Justice must be feeling really good. No signs of tummy problems, and he's not pounding at doors to get to the TP. So it looks like he'll be on a very low fat diet for a while.

Justice! :icecream5:

Tucker! :icecream3:

Cindy will fill you in on all the details, probably sometime tomorrow evening.

And she did keep count of all the phone calls.

Whoo hoo!!! Great news, Marty! And I'm glad Justice has given up the tP habit...hopefully for good. Great news all around...hope it continues! :luck:

Tracy :stripekitty:

What great news to wake up to...the boys are both doing GREAT, I wonder if Cindy was able to relax alittle...I sure hope so...

HUGS to you all...isn't it amazing that Cindy can be away for a long week end and still have someone post for her...

I can't wait to hear all about her week end...Judy

You guys are a hoot!!!!!!

I had to check really quick to see if anyone guessed correctly--NOPE--but one person was closer then any other--and even though u may think that person is Juli--it isn't--sorry Juli!! If I could have called as often as I wanted--Juli would have won hands down--but I would have been killed by everyone here-lol.

So, the winner is (at least the closest guesser)....

oh first we will have a commercial break lasting ummm a while until I can get back on. lol.

Tuckie had a CP today--Justice is fine---and I will be back later. Tuck wants cuddled.

Long commercial break...

Thanks angels!!

[attachmentid=776] Once you dig your heals in, we all want a workshop report! I take it the drives there and back were smooth. You must be exhausted.

Tuck made it to 3 days! Kinda hung in there long enough to prevent your worrying. It's the Cuddle and Snuggle time, hopefully you'll get some rest. Looking forward to your posting again.

I'm glad you're back too!

post-266-1161630513.gif

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom

I didn't win? Darn! I was close though, right? :)

Tucker says "Welcome Home Mommy" with a partial. Fingers crossed that is all he has to welcome you back.

Cindy,

glad to see you got home ok,boy i bet you are tired. hope the workshop was everything you were expecting.The boys must be so excited to have MOM back home.have a nice cozy night with them.Boy you got home quick--peddle to the metal type of gal lol

p

and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj

Glad you got home safe and sound. How was the workshop? How was the drive--there's been freezing rain pretty much going on all day up here.

Diane

I will do a longer post a bit later--but I saw where Rocky has had a matching challenge (not sure if it's still going on--and Shana (gee I think that's the name of the parathyroid pup)--really needs help too. So...I wanted to give the winner of the How many times did Cindy phone home fundraiser!!!!

I left on Wed. at noon--and called twice to check on the boys. I did get the bonus call since Abbie had hives. I got one other call Thurs when Tuck was still having preictal behaviors even after 2 doses of meds. Other then that it was always me calling them.

Wed.-- 2 calls

Thurs.--4 calls

Friday--4 calls

Sat.--4 calls

Sunday--4 calls

Monday--1 call

A total of 19 calls

Kay is the closest at 18 calls--she didn't get it exactly, BUT, I saw where she already donated to Rocky a few days ago since the matching challenge started then. Good job Kay--and thanks for helping Rocky the mini schnauzer!! :banana:

Judy was right on--my calls were 4 times/day--except on days I was traveling and only gone 1/2 day from home.

I called every time they were due for meds (which accounted for 3 of the calls)--or as close to the time as possible, depending on breaks in the workshop. The last call was of course to check on them before bed!

Doesn't everyone call that often???????????

Be back a bit later!!

Thanks angels!!

Edited by k9sign

Darnit!!! I was soooo close. I thought you were getting home later today or tonight..then I would have won. :)

I call frequently when I go away for several days as well...but not every hour like Juli does :cool026: ... one of the cats would have to answer the phone since I haven't found someone to move in while I'm away and care for my kids. Course I'd have to warn them about Chloe's theft problem, my current cat sitter doesn't carry a purse. :lol:

I'm glad the boys made out okay while you were gone Cindy, I'm sure that made it a little easier for you to concentrate on class.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!!

IPB Image Cindy! You were well missed and we can't wait to hear about your workshop!

MarthaJane, Baila and crew

Tuckie had another CP at 3pm--but seems OK now. He wants mommy of course--as does Justice. OMG u should have heard them whine and cry and go crazy licking me when I got home. I feel like the most loved and lucky mom in the world!!!

The other pups--except for Abbie (Tuck's littermate) were very excited to see me too. Abbie was pissed off at me. She harrumphed me and would have nothing to do with me--until a treat won her over. I think she was upset becuz I wasn't here when she needed me when she got the hives and was miserable a few days ago. But we're OK now.

I think Tuckie just got overly excited and may have caused the seizures--although typically for a few months now, he gets to 3 days (occas 4) and breaks thru.

Both boys were a bit insecure and did something they have never done before at night--Carol would sleep on her tummy, and the boys both had their heads and front paws on her back--she said she could barely move and didn't get great sleep. I said, "so why didn't u move them off and put them beside u to snuggle, or under the covers?" She said they weren't cold, and it's where they wanted to be, and she didn't want to move them since they seemed insecure. LOL. I don't think I would even let them sleep on my back!

The workshop was great! :banana: This was a repeat for me of level 4 (thankfully-or I never would have got the class/hotel for my BD!!)-but it's amazing how different the class seemed, becuz I wasn't sitting in class trying to memorize things and all worried I would forget the techniques, etc.. So i was able to take in more nuances, etc becuz I wasn't freaking myself out!!! Now I have abt 10 months to do all the requirements for certification.

It was a large class of 29 students. We had people from TX, NC, NY, IN, IL, FLA and MD. Everyone trying to get the class in so they can go on for cert. I was surprised how many of us were repeaters.

They teach a few different techniques in this level that include workng with aromatherapy, the hara line and also working with tuning forks (Tuck LOVES tuning forks-Justice def does not). Oh they mentioned how well the tuning forks have worked on several horses that have foundered (thought of Linda) and abcesses around the hoof or deep inside (thought of Rococco and Martha Jane). U place the tuning forks on the pastern/ cornet and or hoof and the vibrations help. Very interesting.

I didn't sleep well on Friday night becuz I was so worried, upset and pissed off abt a dog--a mini schnauzer--named Rocky (seems Rocky must be a popular name with the mini here that is a PIN, and Diane's Rocky, and Diane said yesterday she worked on a Rocky the horse. weird!). I may write abt it on the venting section-but first I want to get an update on Rocky. I am praying for a happy ending.

The dogs were wonderful on Saturday. We had 13 dogs (basset hounds, standard poodle, Rocky, a pug, a hound, King Charles Cavalier and several mixed breeds. U would be amazed how 13 dogs can be in a large room and all get along and stay quiet (except for Rocky in the beginning) from 8:30am to 6pm!!! They don't get to be loose and they don't get to play (except if they want to on the short hourly breaks). They are totally calm.

The equine section all day Sunday was great too, but difficult physically for me becuz it was so cold-it really sets off my fibromyalgia (u would think the 60# of weight gain from the steroids would keep me warm!!!). Plus on Saturday I could tell my platelets were low becuz of all the bruising. I was already really tired and inside the unheated arena from 9am-5:30pm (even eating lunch in there) was too much. I ended up leaving at 4:15pm. I couldn't stop shaking--it started off at 50 in the early AM--but before 11am it had dropped into the high 30's!!). Most of us had so many clothes on we could barely move, let alone bend our arms. LOL.

I had a 2 hour drive to Niki's, and I was still cold when I got there!

But I loved the pony I worked on and also the older mare. They were awesome.

So, it was a great workshop--but I am glad I can see the boys with my own eyes and can cuddle them.

Justice isn't hunching like he was--so he probably has had a chronic case of mild pancreatitis. I think all this time that we thought the Keppra was bothering him--(since June!!!) with some nausea--it was mild pancreatitis. What we were doing seemed to help...then a couple things happened-he was switched to a much higher fat content of food and within a few weeks he broke through with seizures and he was taken off the metoclopramide for a few days--then the discomfort and hunching started -so the high fat made the pancreatitis worse, and the drug that helps was stopped in case it was causing the seizure breakthru. Poor Justie-everything just hit the fan!!

He is still checking out some bathrooms for TP--but he isn't pounding on doors anymore to get to it. He has been a good boy.

Tuckie has been playing and sleeping and just being a very good little boy while I was gone.

Thanks so much everyone for the fundraising!!! U all did great. Juli, believe me I would have loved to have called every hour. I think I would never have been able to leave home again with them caring for the boys if I had done that though. Just like before--they would start answering--the boys are fine--stop worrying!! LOL.

I think they believe that 4 times a day was excessive--imagine that!!!

Thanks so much angels!!!!!

Tuckie is on the platform. But, except for the first night in Cincinnati where I just wanted to leave and get home becuz Tuck was having such a bad evening--he did well and I didn't have to worry--much!

He is asleep right now--

================T :pp_animal_103: ===============

Justice is at 6 days!!

==========J :icecream5::1icecream::turtle: ==========

:wbd3:

Other than the FREEZING part, I think it sounds like everything went great! Sounds fun. I do wish I didn't have to work for a living, I would love to get into HT, esp for the horses. I find the barn extremely therapeutic for me! The sounds, the smells .....

Oh - We found out how old Heidi is - she's 41! She's incredible.

================T :pp_animal_103: ===============

Justice is at 6 days!!

==========J :icecream5::1icecream::turtle: ==========

Way to GO Justice. Tuck - mom's home so you can hop back on track!

Hi Cindy,

Welcome home!!!! We missed you, but I'm glad you got the opportunity to complete your class. The getting too cold part doesn;'t sound pleasant, tho; sorry you had to go thru that.

Sorry that Tuck is on the platform. I hope he joins Justice and hops on the train soon :luck:

:hugs:

Tracy :heart:

BLASTED forgot two days were half days. Well glad your home and snuggling with Tucki and Justice i bet their butts haven't stopped wiggling yet.Well it is darn cold out here today so i know in your neck of the woods it must be frigid. ok i'll pony up some bucks for a pin

p

and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj

Hi everyone!

It was so great snuggling with the boys last night!!! Even better was the fact that neither had any seizure breakthroughs during the night.

Justice has me a little worried, he just isn't acting quite himself. I wonder if he is still having a little discomfort from the pancreatitis, or with the quick food change yesterday if he is having some intestinal upset (he did get me up at 3:30AM-but it was snowing and freezing so I didn't go out with him to see why he needed out). Normally I take abt a week to change to a new food, but he needed two recent quick changes--one last week before I left and then again yesterday with an even lower fat food. He just isn't wanting out much (he doesn't mind the cold) and is sleeping and wanting near me all day. Yesterday I thought it was solely becuz he missed me. Now I wonder if that was part of it--but that maybe he still isn't feeling up to par. U all know how u know ur furkids better then anyone else--so they may have thought Justice was acting OK--but I know him--something is a little off. Not a big deal-but just something I need to watch.

Tuck is doing pretty well. In fact he is less then an hour from 1 day. Justice will be at 1 week at 8pm!

It is cold here and we had snow that stuck for awhile. Brrrrrrrrrr.

Linda, I am the same with the horses--I always feel better being around them. I don't even really mind mucking stalls--although I prob would if I did it every single day rain, snow or shine! The energy of horses is awesome--and boy can I feel it!!! Looks like Tuck will be back on track today!! WOW Heidi is 41!!!!! Geesh, isn't that really unusual?? She seems like such a wonderful pony, and I hope she sticks around for many more kids to ride. Hugs

Tracy, I haven't had a chance to check for a Cody update--I'll go there in a few minutes--and if u haven't updated recently--u better get on the stick and do it!! LOL.

Hugs

Tuckie is so close, so we're gonna get him his train---

=============T :1icecream::turtle: ============

Thanks so very much angels!

:wbd3:

Cindy, glad you're back and glad you enjoyed the workshop! :) But geez, I see now that being kind to you on my guess is gonna cost me...... literally. :lol: Damn that Paula! :lol:

Kim,

remember the last guessing game we played with Cindy.where i was lead down the garden path by Kay and Judy :lol: I had no idea those two were in cahoots LMAO

p

and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj

So happy to have you posting again, in other words it's good to have you back home.

That was one intense workshop you attended, a lot packed into limited period of time. It does explain, however, why your calls weren't as frequent as we expected. We've all got egg on our faces (wish I had an icon here)!

It sounds like Justice is in for another long train ride and Tucker is considering it.

Brrrrrr, Cindy

[attachmentid=785]

post-266-1161722746.gif

remember the last guessing game we played with Cindy.where i was lead down the garden path by Kay and Judy :lol: I had no idea those two were in cahoots LMAO

And now look at who's the only one off the hook...... Kay!! :P

[attachmentid=787] Justice has jumped to 7 days!!!

=========J :icecream2::icecream5::turtle: =========

And now look at who's the only one off the hook...... Kay!!

Hehehehe Paula and Kim--I think I'll let Kay field that one!

It was a great game and great fundraiser...and in a couple weeks we will have another great game. I am hoping those involved haven't spilled the beans to others that are not involved--cuz it's gonna be a doozie!!!! Paula we will def need ur expertise in the rules--it will be a bit more complicated then any other--but boy will it be super!!! I haven't decided whether it should be started 2 weeks before "the happening" or just 7 days before. Hmmmmm...

Hi Francine-it was an intensive workshop, but the Sat and Sun parts where u have hands on is the best!!! I would not have called more often then 4 times /day--although I have to tell u there were times I am counting the minutes until I could call again. On Friday in the workshop we didn't get a lot of breaks, and the one we got I had to :peeing: so bad--so I had to wait in line (29 people with 2 bathrooms AI YI YI!!). I was heading outside and just starting to call when the instructor said--OK everyone come back in. So, the next time, I had someone hold my place in the bathroom line while I went outside (better reception) to call abt the boys. If that had not worked--I would have just gone in the bathroom and called from in there--although LOTS of upset women trying to hold their pee as it was--would have been quite upset if they heard me on the phone!!

Hugs to Jade. Tmw will be a better day for her--she isn't allowed any 2 in a row anymore!!

Thanks so much angels!!!!

post-21-1161734323_thumb.jpg

Edited by k9sign

IPB Image Woo Hooo - one week for Justice!

And Tucker is at one day!!! Me thinks the boys are very haapy to have their mum home again!

Just want you to know that I've paid up on the challenge...I donated to JB and to PeeWee...two special dogs...

Cindy, I read your post about the little schnauzer that ended up at the shelter because of their owners...how hard that must have been for you...

You give your boys an extra hug tonight...I wish I had a dog to give a hug too...Judy