Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

The adventures of Cody

1,621 posts in this topic

We :heart: Cody pictures and stories! My girls are starting to :bitchslap2: over him. Cooper says he'll eat chicken with Cody any day.

Cody gave a better attempt tonite to eat his Pill Pockets, but he seemed to have a harder time than usual chewing them. And I only use about half of the "dough" stuff, and pinch off the other half and roll it into a ball as a treat, because he seems to have a hard time chewing a whole one.

Aren't they huge????? I was surprised at how big they are. Syl seems to have no problem with them, but then again she is a really good eater. My girl loves her food. :lol: I have to give Rusty a worm pill tonight, and they are huge, I'm going to see if I can sneak it piece by piece in some pillpockets...wish me luck.

We had lots of "girl fights" in Jr. High School...they are really nasty, way worse than boy fights.

Aren't affectionate boy kitties the BEST? Cody is amazing, especially considering where he came from.

We :heart: Cody pictures and stories! My girls are starting to :bitchslap2: over him. Cooper says he'll eat chicken with Cody any day.

Aww, now girls, no need to :bitchslap2: over Cody...he loves EVERYONE! :wub:

Cody would love to eat chicken with Cooper. He just might steal my KFC coupons and my wallet and take a road trip down to GA ;)

Tracy and Cody :stripekitty:

Aren't they huge????? I was surprised at how big they are. Syl seems to have no problem with them, but then again she is a really good eater. My girl loves her food. :lol: I have to give Rusty a worm pill tonight, and they are huge, I'm going to see if I can sneak it piece by piece in some pillpockets...wish me luck.

We had lots of "girl fights" in Jr. High School...they are really nasty, way worse than boy fights.

Aren't affectionate boy kitties the BEST? Cody is amazing, especially considering where he came from.

Yep, Pill Pockets are huge. Tonight, Cody didn't show any interest in them. So I got to stuff both pills down his throat. :wacko: I'm going to try some other things, though - on Sissy's thread, Lynette mentioned coating a pill in butter. Cody loves salty stuff and has tried eating margarine out of the tub before, so I think I'll try that next. CATS!! Just when you think you've got them figured out...

Laura, this is probably belated now, but good luck with Rusty's worm pills. I hope he likes the Pill Pockets.

Oh gads, girl fights sure are nasty, much worse than boy fights. :bitchslap2:

I love affectionate boy kitties. They are so sweet! :wub:

Cody wants to wish everyone a Happy Halloween!!!

I think some of the IMOM volunteers have seen this one and heard the story, but for folks who haven't...

A couple of years ago, my department at work had a team-building event where we carved pumpkins. My team kept insisting that I take the pumpkin home - why, I don't know. But no one else wanted it, so I took it home...and Cody dug out some of its insides and ate it!

Here's are some pics.

Digging in:

[attachmentid=903]

Hmmm, what's inside this thing...

[attachmentid=904]

Delicious!!!

[attachmentid=905]

Have a safe and happy Halloween, everyone!! Critters and people alike!!

post-8-1162271453_thumb.jpg

post-8-1162271680_thumb.jpg

post-8-1162271832_thumb.jpg

Oh Tracy, those are sooooo cuuuuute!!

We ALL LOVE CODY TOO! :wub::wub::wub:

Sure wish you could make it back up here!

Martha Jane and Crew

OH

MY

GOD!

:peeing:Tracy!! I needed a Bladder Alert for those pics!!

To think of what we go through to get our cats to eat canned pumpkin when they need fiber..... Apparently we should just give them the real thing. :lol:

So, does Cody have his own pumpkin for Halloween this year??

Love the pumpkin pix! Cody and his personality both just crack me up.

I had a kitty once who loved to eat canned peaches. My kitty Caine once ran up to my husband, who was eating a burrito, and chomped a huge bite out of it (hence one of his nicknames, "Burrito Snatcher.") But snacking on PUMPKIN? Cody is a hoot!

Laurie

ROTFLMAO!!! Those pics show the true Cody character!! What a hoot!

So..did Cody get his very own pumpkin--so he can make himself a pumpkin pie??

He is too cute Tracy.

Don't think Martha Jane that I didn't notice u blatantly TRYING to steal my little guy. Hearts are nice--but when I told him abt us having chicken on Sunday--well he practically fainted!!

Chin rubs for Cody!!!

look at that sweetheart helping mommy clean out the pumkin.I wonder if it tasted like CHICKEN Happy Halloween Cody

p

and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj

Laura, this is probably belated now, but good luck with Rusty's worm pills. I hope he likes the Pill Pockets.

Thanks Tracy....but Rusty's stoopid mom decided since the pill was so small and Rusty only weighs 6 lbs, well, how tough could it be to just pill him??? Both Chris and I sustained wounds....I got the pill down in one swift motion then the boy just FLIPPED OUT!!! Next time I'm trying the pill pockets first... :lol:

Have you tried both flavors of Pill Pockets with Cody? Could he be tired of one flavor already? Also I've heard that some cats LOVE the canned squirt cheese. That putting just a tiny bit on a pill will get them to eat it.. Course my guys don't like it. Cats are just so finicky....... :stripekitty:

OMG!! Those pictures of Cody with the pumpkin are too funny!!! I go to a pumpkin carving party every year and we brought home our carved pumpkin Saturday night, we left it in the garage because I was afraid the cats might mess it up...... :catwatching:

Hi Cindy and Kim, I didn't get Cody a pumpkin this year...I used to do a jack-o-lantern every year when Orion was still alive, though. He had megacolon. I mixed pumpkin into his canned food. Cindy, Cody probably would eat pumpkin pie if I made one for him :)

I had a kitty once who loved to eat canned peaches. My kitty Caine once ran up to my husband, who was eating a burrito, and chomped a huge bite out of it (hence one of his nicknames, "Burrito Snatcher.")

Hi Laurie - that cracked me up!!! :roll: Peach-eating kitty and a burrito snatcher to boot! What kitty characters!!! :)

Oh geez...tonight I thought Cody was going to scare all the trick or treaters. We don't get many here because it's a gated community of townhouses...mostly we just get kids from inside the complex. We got 2 groups of kids. The first 2 kids rang the bell when I was upstairs, so I ran downstairs and answered the door, not paying a whole lot of attention to anything else. A little princess proclaimed, "Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat." :lol: It wasn't until after I had closed the door when I realized...

*sniff sniff*

...suddenly I could smell something a lot worse than feet :roll: OMG, Cody had taken the nastiest poo!!! The whole downstairs reeked like an outhouse! I wonder what those poor kids were thinking! :lol::lol:

No other signs that would make me think IBD at this point...it wasn't really diarrhea, just soft, discolored (and horrid-smelling) stool :wacko: Maybe I should have taken that kid up on her offer to "smell my feet" lol :roll:

IPB Image

Tracy and smelly Cody :stripekitty:

Thanks Tracy....but Rusty's stoopid mom decided since the pill was so small and Rusty only weighs 6 lbs, well, how tough could it be to just pill him??? Both Chris and I sustained wounds....I got the pill down in one swift motion then the boy just FLIPPED OUT!!! Next time I'm trying the pill pockets first... :lol:

Have you tried both flavors of Pill Pockets with Cody? Could he be tired of one flavor already? Also I've heard that some cats LOVE the canned squirt cheese. That putting just a tiny bit on a pill will get them to eat it.. Course my guys don't like it. Cats are just so finicky....... :stripekitty:

DOH!!! Laura, I hope yours and Chris' wounds aren't too painful. Yikes! Yeah, definitely go for the Pill Pockets first next time :)

I haven't tried the chicken flavor yet. I saw those online yesterday and I am going to get some. Petco only had the salmon flavor. I think the little booger-head very well could be getting a little tired of them, although hubby, who pilled him this morning, said that Cody ate his pill with no problem. This evening, I didn't think he would. I dropped the first one on the floor and he sniffed it and rejected it. Then hubby picked it up and hand-fed it to him - that worked. Go figure :lol:

Squirt cheese is a great idea. Cody loves cheese! :wub: I'm getting lots of good ideas here on the forum...thanx everyone! :)

Tracy, that is one grreat Halloween emoticon!

Cody, Cody Pumkin eater, couldn't let a day go by without slippin you some chicken, even more up here when you get to Montana. They might be pretty hard as it's cold here but you can still mouth your way through them. We don't really need to let Cindy know all that goes on between us. You just keep letting her THINK she's your #1. Here's you chicken sweetie! IPB Image

Laura, I hope you and Chris heal quicklly. Was Chloe coaching again?

Martha Jane and Crew

A little princess proclaimed, "Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat." :lol: It wasn't until after I had closed the door when I realized...

*sniff sniff*

...suddenly I could smell something a lot worse than feet :roll: OMG, Cody had taken the nastiest poo!!! The whole downstairs reeked like an outhouse! I wonder what those poor kids were thinking! :lol::lol:

Maybe I should have taken that kid up on her offer to "smell my feet" lol :roll:

IPB ImageCouldn't help it. That is hysterical!! Still, I hope character Cody cat is OK. Do keep us posted or I'll rapidly convert from laughing to worrywort.

Hugs and Rubs,

:heart:

MarthaJane & Co.

Oh geez...tonight I thought Cody was going to scare all the trick or treaters. We don't get many here because it's a gated community of townhouses...mostly we just get kids from inside the complex. We got 2 groups of kids. The first 2 kids rang the bell when I was upstairs, so I ran downstairs and answered the door, not paying a whole lot of attention to anything else. A little princess proclaimed, "Trick or treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat." :lol: It wasn't until after I had closed the door when I realized...

*sniff sniff*

Funny how they always do this when company arrives!!! Bet the other trick or treaters were forewarned not to go to your house - an cauldren of evil brew - prepared by the witches cat! I bet the kids call your house "the witches house" now!

My sister has a SUPER neighborhood for halloween, everyone decorates and since eveyone one knows everyone, some folks actually serve pizza, cupcakes, hot cider (beer for the dad's), some folks do haunted "garages" and yes. we do have the "witches house". this lady dresses up like a witch, has a microphone and entices the children to approach her house for "goodies". It's a really cool neighborhood party - everyone dresses up, even in the homes where they are just handing out candy. And the pumpkin carvings - it's unbievable what folks can do with pumpkin carving! Oh, lots of dogs go trick or treating there too, so many folks have snacky snacks for the dogs too!

I dropped the first one on the floor and he sniffed it and rejected it. Then hubby picked it up and hand-fed it to him - that worked. Go figure

TRACY!!!!!! :bitchslap2: What the heck???? Don't you know that the treat should be placed on a platter or hand fed? Syl won't eat them if I drop it on the floor either, she likes hers served in a little monkey dish..... :motimonkey:

No wonder Cody is protesting..... :lol: Can't say as I'd blame him..

MarthJane!!! Yes I think you are right, now that I think about it Chloe was very close by, and could have been signaling the little boy..

Hi Martha Jane, Cody says oh, thanks so much for slipping him some chicken :heart:

Hi Linda, your sister's neighborhood sounds so neat! I wish I was 8 years old again so I could go up there and trick-or-treat and go to all the parties B) Yeah, isn't it amazing what they can do with pumpkin carving these days?? When I was a kid, it was all just the typical triangular eyes and nose and the big grinning mouth with one or more triangular teeth. Now they've got all kinds of gadgets for carving elaborate designs.

Funny how they always do this when company arrives!!! Bet the other trick or treaters were forewarned not to go to your house - an cauldren of evil brew - prepared by the witches cat! I bet the kids call your house "the witches house" now!
ROFL!!! That's probably what they did!!! :roll: I guess I'll just have to eat all this candy myself...poor, poor me :lol::lol:

Today Cody had another one of those stools like last night...he's got no other symptoms of an IBD flare up - eating well, no vomiting, seems happy and healthy otherwise (still scratching his face, though - argh!)

TRACY!!!!!! :bitchslap2: What the heck???? Don't you know that the treat should be placed on a platter or hand fed? Syl won't eat them if I drop it on the floor either, she likes hers served in a little monkey dish..... :motimonkey:

No wonder Cody is protesting..... :lol: Can't say as I'd blame him..

LOL, Laura, looks like I flunked "Advanced CCL Training" somewhere along the way :lol: I've been dropping it on the floor, then getting pill #2 ready while he eats pill #1. Guess I'll have to hand-feed his royal highness, or find a platter suitable for royalty. I don't suppose that he's eat it out of the little bowl that I bought many years ago for Orion as a joke - it says "Useless" :lol:

Tracy and Cody :kittydrinking:

You know Tracy, Orion might know now just what his bowl meant, and from his perspective in the winter months - Well maybe you should just pass you winter ducking. Oh, but then he didn't have the tortie dispositions of some of your friends kids so he might be nice about it.

Hey Cody guy, since Cindy having a kinda tough time I don't want her to see us sharing our wee hour chicken tonight, but I'm sending you some scrtiches never the less!

Martha Jane

Oh, I loved the stories of Cody and pilling (but sorry about the Rusty experience, Laura). Mr. Mugs gets his pill twice a day, and generally he's okay with it, but then sometimes he's not and it's a struggle. I just wish I could figure out what makes the difference - but hey, the person who figures out how cats think -- well, they're probably institutionalized somewhere.

Loved the photos. More please.

Mr. Mugs gets his pill twice a day, and generally he's okay with it, but then sometimes he's not and it's a struggle. I just wish I could figure out what makes the difference - but hey, the person who figures out how cats think -- well, they're probably institutionalized somewhere.

Ain't that the truth :lol:

Kay, glad you like the pics. I'll definitely keep posting more. Here's one that's about a year old. I'd run in an 8K event for charity and we got all kinds of free goodies after the run, including this shell necklace. I was surprised that Cody let me put it on him. And he didn't seem to mind at all that I was putting jewelry on a boy kitty :P

[attachmentid=972]

post-8-1162534064_thumb.jpg

I'd run in an 8K event for charity and we got all kinds of free goodies after the run, including this shell necklace. I was surprised that Cody let me put it on him. And he didn't seem to mind at all that I was putting jewelry on a boy kitty :P

[attachmentid=972]

Of course he didn't mind! It's like having more mane!

Just checking in on Cody.IPB Image Love the photo and am glad to hear we're going to get more! Good work Kay!

Tracy, you mentioned at Teddie's that you needed the good cheer today and then we saw nothing at Cody's. The combo can make this neurotic Cody suitor worry. So we're sending just in case prayers and good thoughts. Everything OK?

By the way, congrats on guessing the Fab four. :):banana::banana:

Martha Jane