Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tracy IMOM

The adventures of Cody

1,621 posts in this topic

Oh Tracy, I'm really sorry to hear the prince isn't feeling well and hope it isn't much more than a rough spot. Boy, there are certain cats I really try not to covet as I think they so need their particular fur parent. Cody is one of these. You juggle all his needs so well that, like Teddie and Bleys, we could fear even the fantasy of collecting them could hurt their perfect balance. Unlike Henry ,(who seems more like he'd be willing to hang with anyone with a warm body that will drop grapes in his mouth), they seem highly discriminating and like their world just so. However, when you post pictures like that the desire is hard to suppress! Are his eyes as green as they often look in the pictures?

Our prayers and thougnts will be with Cody tonight!!

:heart:

MarthaJane and Crew

Tracy,

Sorry to hear that Cody isn't feeling well....let us know how he's doing today when you get a chance, hope he doesn't have to go into the "evil blue box"...

I'm so glad the Pill Pockets are working for Cody, and even happier that they are STILL working on Syl...you know how cats can be. Awhile back we ordered a bunch of them from Petfood direct.com (they have great sale prices) and I was SURE that would make Syl start turning her nose up at them.... :lol: But, so far, so good.

Oh Tracy, I'm really sorry to hear the prince isn't feeling well and hope it isn't much more than a rough spot. Boy, there are certain cats I really try not to covet as I think they so need their particular fur parent. Cody is one of these. You juggle all his needs so well that, like Teddie and Bleys, we could fear even the fantasy of collecting them could hurt their perfect balance. Unlike Henry ,(who seems more like he'd be willing to hang with anyone with a warm body that will drop grapes in his mouth), they seem highly discriminating and like their world just so. However, when you post pictures like that the desire is hard to suppress! Are his eyes as green as they often look in the pictures?

Our prayers and thougnts will be with Cody tonight!!

MarthaJane and Crew

Martha Jane,

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. Aw, but Cody would gladly hang with anybody and everybody. He loves it when we have people over - more laps! :) Especially if they bring food. The other night, we had a bunch of people over...I kept warning Cody that he was probably going to get bumped and stepped on if he insisted on walking around in the kitchen. People did their best to avoid colliding with him, but he was milling around a crowded kitchen, waiting for food to fall from the sky :lol:

One time, we had a bunch of people over to play cards and watch football. Our place isn't terribly big, so a lot of us had our chairs right up against each other's. Cody came over to our card table...started with my lap. Stayed there for a little bit, then started making the rounds...stepped onto my friend Dave's lap, stayed there a while, then on to the next lap...where he stayed until someone went into the kitchen. :)

Tracy :stripekitty:

Laura,

Thanks for the idea about getting Pill Pockets from Petfood Direct. I order Cody's kitty food from them because they're one of the fewe places that carry it. Their selection is huge. And you're right, they have great sale prices. I always seem to have a coupon or 2 from them. I'm glad that Syl hasn't turned up her nose at them :) Ya never know with cats.

Cody seems to be better today - so far, at least. No vomiting, he ate pretty well, and no diarrhea.

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts for my boy. :heart:

Tracy :stripekitty:

Tracy, I'm glad that Cody is feeling better today. I was picturing the intake note on his vet record: Primary Complaint: refused chicken. ;)

Tracy, I've just had a chance to read Cody's thread -- been meaning to get here for awhile, and sorry for dropping in so late!

Reading about what a character Cody is put a huge smile on my face. Thanks, I needed that! :lol:

I hope he continues to feel better today. Here's a little sign that you might want to post in the kitchen where Cody can see it.

IPB Image

Tracy, I've just had a chance to read Cody's thread -- been meaning to get here for awhile, and sorry for dropping in so late!

Reading about what a character Cody is put a huge smile on my face. Thanks, I needed that! :lol:

I hope he continues to feel better today. Here's a little sign that you might want to post in the kitchen where Cody can see it.

IPB Image

Hi Laurie,

Oh goodness, no apologies needed for dropping in so "late"; you've had more than your share of troubles with sick kitties etc. lately. Cody says thanx for stopping by, and it doesn't matter when folks drop in; his "pad" is open 24/7 for laughs, kitty grass, chicken...

Speaking of chicken, I love that sign!!! :lol: OMG, Cody wants that sign in his kitchen :roll:

I came home from work this evening and looked around - no signs of vomit or diarrhea, and he had eaten a good amount of his food. :claphands: I hope yesterday was just a "bad digestive day".

Tracy and Cody :stripekitty:

Are his eyes as green as they often look in the pictures?

Martha Jane,

Gosh, I knew I was forgetting something :unsure: Forgot to answer your question about Cody's eyes. They're not really that green. I think it's just the flash. I usually have some pic of Cody as my computer wallpaper at work. I've seen lots of people do a double-take when they see the pics, and they always comment on those eyes.

Cody says:

"Oh, you mean these glowy demon eyes, like in this picture of me in the EVIL cone collar 2 years ago after abscess surgery?

[attachmentid=828]

Tracy and Cody, who hopes he never has to see the evil cone collar again :stripekitty:

post-8-1161928153_thumb.jpg

Cody, who hopes he never has to see the evil cone collar again

[attachmentid=828]

Ah, but judging from that tongue action, Cody still managed to eat his chicken with the evil cone collar on!

ps) Love the Drive-Thru sign too. :lol:

Ah, that conehead pic is sooo cute. I'm with Kim - Gotta LOVE that tongue action. Ok, Cody's formally added to my covet list. Not sure I'd be as capable with the juggling and pill catching when he sends one shooting, but boy he sounds like a sweetheart. My Minsky kitty has very rich amber colored eyes, but will occasionally will give off a green eye shine as well. So what color does he really have? He's just a beauty, and what a personality! Yea, I'm a tabby sucker. Probably all tabbies! - even approximately tabbies!...

More Chin Rubs to Cody!

MarthaJane and Crew

PS In the picture in post #50 - I'm assuming those are Montana bred legs in the background that carry an unusually kind heart?:)

Edited by Baila

BACK OFF MARTHA JANE--Cody is spoken for!! I have a couple guys (besides my boys) in my life--Roadie, Cody and Kramer. Teddie is my wee girl--go ahead and try to get Henry. lol.

Tracy, I am so glad Cody is doing better today. Yes Cody, blue boxes, 'that place' and cones are all evil!! I am glad he seems to have avoided it. Of course the weekend is here (that's when they decide to play with mommy's head and worry us the whole weekend becuz they puke or something!!

Thankfully the snow shovel has not needed to make an appearance...but, when it does, I may be ummm :bitchslap2: some folks in warm climates!!!

:wbd3:

Ah, that conehead pic is sooo cute. I'm with Kim - Gotta LOVE that tongue action. Ok, Cody's formally added to my covet list. Not sure I'd be as capable with the juggling and pill catching when he sends one shooting, but boy he sounds like a sweetheart. My Minsky kitty has very rich amber colored eyes, but will occasionally will give off a green eye shine as well. So what color does he really have? He's just a beauty, and what a personality! Yea, I'm a tabby sucker. Probably all tabbies! - even approximately tabbies!...

More Chin Rubs to Cody!

MarthaJane and Crew

PS In the picture in post #50 - I'm assuming those are Montana bred legs in the background that carry an unusually kind heart?:)

Hi Martha Jane,

Cody's eyes are kind of a light yellowish-green. Very hard to capture in pics because he's either:

1) Looking down, or

2) Staring right into the camera w/flash, hence the "glowing green demon eye" effect

And yep, you are right about the legs :)

Tracy and Cody, who says thanks for the chin rubs :stripekitty:

Edited by Tracy IMOM

[attachmentid=828]

Ah, but judging from that tongue action, Cody still managed to eat his chicken with the evil cone collar on!

ps) Love the Drive-Thru sign too. :lol:

Oh yes :) Some of the bowls were too wide for his cone to fit over, so I made sure we only used the smaller bowls. And I pulled out all the catboxes from the wall, so he wouldn't clunk the cone on the wall when he was trying to "go"...and all those other things that the CCL's do to make their royalty comfortable :P

BACK OFF MARTHA JANE--Cody is spoken for!! I have a couple guys (besides my boys) in my life--Roadie, Cody and Kramer. Teddie is my wee girl--go ahead and try to get Henry. lol.

Tracy, I am so glad Cody is doing better today. Yes Cody, blue boxes, 'that place' and cones are all evil!! I am glad he seems to have avoided it. Of course the weekend is here (that's when they decide to play with mommy's head and worry us the whole weekend becuz they puke or something!!

Thankfully the snow shovel has not needed to make an appearance...but, when it does, I may be ummm :bitchslap2: some folks in warm climates!!!

:wbd3:

CODY! Quick, come here! The girls are fighting over you!!! :roll:

LOL, now I'm having flashbacks to 6th grade, when someone would yell "GIRL FIGHT!!!" and we'd all go running over to watch the hair-pulling and the face-clawing. :lol:

Ah, yes, weekends were made for...last-minute vet appts?? Ack! No! :wacko: But that's usually the way it works out, doesn't it. I think they save up their puking, urinary infections, and etc. for the weekends. Or late nights. I can think of 3 bladder infections - 2 for Orion and one for Cody - and all of them happened either on Saturday, or 10:30 at night. Geez! They love to mess with our heads. :wacko:

LOL, you can have our heat. It makes me feel worse. I've always been real heat-sensitive, but I could deal with the snow shovel. Trade ya! :biggrin:

I think they save up their puking, urinary infections, and etc. for the weekends. Or late nights.

Isn't that the truth Tracy! I'll never forget Teddie's first urinary blockage, it was a Friday night in January (brrrrr) and I was out with the girls, didn't get in until about 3 am, and my hubby said, "go look at Teds, there is something wrong"..tracked the cat down and he was in obvious distress. Packed him up and ran him to the only emergency clinic at the time which was over an hour away. That was an exhausting night!

How is Cody today? I hope he is still feeling better. That cone picture is a hoot.

Oh, and Cindy........... :bitchslap2: you know what that is for........ :smokin:

Isn't that the truth Tracy! I'll never forget Teddie's first urinary blockage, it was a Friday night in January (brrrrr) and I was out with the girls, didn't get in until about 3 am, and my hubby said, "go look at Teds, there is something wrong"..tracked the cat down and he was in obvious distress. Packed him up and ran him to the only emergency clinic at the time which was over an hour away. That was an exhausting night!

Oh geez Laura! 3 AM in January - that's was worse than Orion's 10:30PM trip to the emergency vet for a UTI. And he wasn't even blocked, but was urinating blood. I was only 20 yrs. old and a less experienced CCL...I panicked when I saw the bloody pee, and rushed him in.

I think Cody is OK. I was worried: after getting his fluids, he wouldn't touch his chicken treat. Then when it was time for pills, he didn't seem interested in the Pill Pockets. I thought, uh oh, I hope he's not deciding that he hates there now. He half-heartedly picked one up in his mouth a couple of times, then dropped it onto the floor...I got to pick up a saliva-covered Pill Pocket and hand feed it to him...yech!! :wacko: He wouldn't even take the other pill so I had to force it down his throat...he spit it up 2 or 3 times - ugh! And he wouldn't eat a bit of food. I then went upstairs to tell hubby it was dinnertime, and I mentioned how worried I was about Cody...

...and that's when hubby confessed that he had given him a lot of chicken a few hours ago. He bought one of those rotisserie chickens at the grocery store for his lunch, which he ate around 3-ish...I knew he had given Cody some chicken, but I thought it was just a little. He confessed: it was more than "just a little" ;)

So here's another goofy thing that Cody likes to do: he likes to get in the vertical blinds of a sliding glass door and soak in the sun's rays. Yes, in the blinds! He gets right up against the door and soaks up whatever sun he can get. Today, he was there, even before the sun started streaming in...I guess he was anticipating it, just like a little kid waiting up on Christmas Eve, hoping to see Santa Claus.

Here's the goofball:

[attachmentid=869]

post-8-1162094520_thumb.jpg

Aw Cody, have ur mommy open the blinds for u--or do u think u are hiding??? U look so cute!!

I hope Cody is better today, and takes his meds like a gentleman in the pill pockets, and also eats some chicken...ummm what u feed him so u know how much he is getting. That chicken ur hubby was eating is good!

Tracy u had an interesting sixth grade with the "girl fights". Whoa--never saw that before!! I am sure u never were involved in any way with such a thing! :bitchslap2:

Chin rubs and scritches to Cody!

Edited by k9sign

...and that's when hubby confessed that he had given him a lot of chicken a few hours ago. He bought one of those rotisserie chickens at the grocery store for his lunch, which he ate around 3-ish...I knew he had given Cody some chicken, but I thought it was just a little. He confessed: it was more than "just a little" ;)

Tracy, I shouldn't laugh but.......... :roll: So the problem is not with your special needs baby, it is with his chicken co-dependent. :lol:

Tracy u had an interesting sixth grade with the "girl fights". Whoa--never saw that before!! I am sure u never were involved in any way with such a thing!

LOL Cindy, I thought the exact same thing. What kind of a scrappy school did she come from? Never witnessed that myself!

Tracy, that picture of Codie is ADORABLE! He really is a character cat who obviously has your husband as wrapped around him as you. :lol:

Cindy, Hate to say it but as Tracy says, Cody loves EVERYBODY and since you were gone a few days and I wasn't well.... We couldn't help it - IPB Image Oh Cody Dear, here's another IPB Image

Tracy, Hope Cody's better tomorrow and not spewing pockets!

Martha Jane

Cody is so adorable, that is so wonderful of you to take him in and become his Guardian Angel. :Angel15:

As I read some of the other threads, Teddie, Tucker & Justice I can't get over how many animals have illnesses just like humans and what you as parents go thru to take care of your furry-ones is very very heart warming.

Edited by Diana C. IMOM

Tracey,

your husband had no choice I'm sure Cody had him backed up against the wall .

The poor guy was probably scared to say no :wacko: who can resist the smell of a hot chicken fresh for the store. it was either chicken or consequences :smokin:

p

and the boy

Tracy, I shouldn't laugh but.......... :roll: So the problem is not with your special needs baby, it is with his chicken co-dependent. :lol:

Oh heck yeah, it's ALL his fault ;) That darned chicken co-dependent!! (LOVE that name, btw) :roll: Why, I oughtta :bitchslap2::bitchslap2: him good!! But, like Cody's Auntie Paula said, he probably stood no chance when the chicken thug smelled that fresh-from-the-store baked chicken. He is so bad, lol.

IPB Image

Tracy u had an interesting sixth grade with the "girl fights". Whoa--never saw that before!! I am sure u never were involved in any way with such a thing! :bitchslap2:

Gosh, Cindy, both you and Martha Jane never saw girl fights...I did come from, um, not the nicest side of town, lol. I never got involved in any of the :bitchslap2: but I got to see lots of girl fights.

Cody gave a better attempt tonite to eat his Pill Pockets, but he seemed to have a harder time than usual chewing them. And I only use about half of the "dough" stuff, and pinch off the other half and roll it into a ball as a treat, because he seems to have a hard time chewing a whole one. What with his 4 teeth and all...but usually he can deal with the 1/2. Not tonite. With some difficulty, he eventually got the Elavil down but not the Pepcid...and that's the smaller of the 2 pills :huh: So I popped his mouth open to check for tooth/mouth problems. None that I could see. And he did eat well. So I think he's OK.

He thanks all his auntie's for the kind thoughts, and for stopping by :heart: He luvs u all :wub:

:hugs:

Edited by Tracy IMOM

Cody is so adorable, that is so wonderful of you to take him in and become his Guardian Angel. :Angel15:

As I read some of the other threads, Teddie, Tucker & Justice I can't get over how many animals have illnesses just like humans and what you as parents go thru to take care of your furry-ones is very very heart warming.

Aw, thank you, Diana, for the kind words. And that's very cool that you stopped by. Cody loves all the folks who drop by to say hello. He's such an affectionate boy. That's one thing that really amazes me. All of my kitties have been sweet, but by far the sweetest and most loving, affectionate ones are usually the former abuse victims (and one I suspect was abused but never knew for sure.) It's amazing to me that after all the unkindness of humans that they endured, their love and trust in humans still shines thru brightly. :heart: