Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Bleys (Coot) at Rainbow Bridge 8/30/09

1,366 posts in this topic

He is such a love and purrs so much in spite of the fact that he's not feeling great.

That handsome boy's no dummy, Laurie. He knows that home is way better than any hospital, and he also knows that you're not only taking care of his physical needs but giving him extra special attention. :catwatching:

Jumping on the window sill and giving head butts...... oh, this is good. This is very good. :biggrin:

Very very very good indeed!

I just took this picture of Bleys peeking over the top of the cuddly bed he's laying in.

I know all moms think their kids are adorable -- but he truly is.

IPB Image

Bleys looks good,must be the extra special loving he is getting at home from his mom.He is too cute in that pic.Wow he is trying to eat that's wonderful and jumping more good news to hear :cool026: That pic of him is wonderful and he is adorable. :catwatching:

p

and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj

Every post I read concurs, Bleys is beautiful! That includes my post as well. Just wanted to add Bleys looks healthy, "strong," and ready to overcome anything that threatens his place at home. He looks so content in his bed. I see his bed is on top of your bed, hmmmm, double comfort!

Awwww! Bleys is so cute in his bed! :) Laurie, I'm glad that he's eating some and jumping up on windowsills. Those are good signs! I'm still keeping fingers crossed that he keeps improving and is feeling fine soo!

Tracy :stripekitty:

If Heidi Klum is "The Body," then Bleys is "The Face." :felineicon:

Checking on His Handsomeness to see how he (and his devoted nursemaid :) ) are doing.

If Heidi Klum is "The Body," then Bleys is "The Face." :felineicon:

:lol:

Uh oh, good thing Bleys can't read, or he would become totally spoiled. (Yeah, right, like he's not already.)

His Handsomeness is doing fine -- not fantastic, but fine. He went in for a checkup yesterday and all seems to be well, except he's still losing weight. Hmmmmm. We upped his food intake a bit so hopefully he will start putting some of the weight back on. Poor kid is down to 7 lbs. 3 ounces -- he lost about 3 pounds in the course of a week. Yikes.

I can tell that he has pretty good moments, and then not-so-good moments. The large doses of drugs sometimes really knock him on his butt and he is pretty wiped out.

He's eaten some kibble here and there, which makes me happy. Most excitingly, I found an actual, real, fully-formed piece of poop in his catbox this evening -- the first one I've found since this ordeal began. (I believe we CCLs have had some previous discussions about being excited when we discover solid cat poop.)

Bleys' nurse (that'd be me) is pretty wiped right now since I've been caring for all of the hospital patients since Sunday, when dad left town. Dad is back home again late tonight which will take a lot of the burden off. I could really use a good night's sleep that lasts more than a few hours.

Speaking of which, time to go feed some hungry kitties and hit the hay.

Dear Laurie,

I am so sorry to hear that Bleys is going through such a hard time right now. He is so handsome and beautiful. I just want to pick him up, cuddle and kiss his cute face. He looks fantastic for 19 years old! You are such a caring mom and nurse. I admire your commitment to your fur-baby family.

Am sending healing energy to Bleys. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Patricia and Casey (in spirit) :rose:

I found an actual, real, fully-formed piece of poop in his catbox this evening

Alert the media!! :smokin: No, really, we are rejoicing in CCL Land. ;)

A Nanner Tale :banana:

"Hey -- what the heck is this thingie?"

IPB Image

"Hmmm, this smells really interesting."

IPB Image

"Well wouldja look at that, it's a bunch of nanners!"

IPB Image

"YUM! Nanners are delicious!"

IPB Image

"Hey mom, get your mitts off my nanner!"

IPB Image

"From reading Teddie's thread, I've learned that nanners make excellent pillows! Now it's time for a nap..."

IPB Image

Dearest auntie Kim, Bleys (and his mom, dad, and furry siblings) send our sincere thanks for your incredible love and generosity in sharing nanners with a handsome and lovely coot cat. Your thoughtfulness and caring are beyond belief. Thank you from the bottom of all of our hearts!

:heart:,

Bleys and his family

OMG, those pics are great!!! I love them all, especially the one with his tongue sticking out

Hooray for nanners!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Awwwww. ...Bleys looks so happy with his new nanners! Kim, that was very sweet of you to send him those!

I know Kim has shared the source of the nanners before...but could you please tell us where they come from again? With so many kitties in love with nanners I think some of my rescues could benefit from some too!

Bleys; You look very good and very happy in the photos...please tell your mommy nurse to give you a hug from me!

Nancy

How many rehearsals before the photo shoot? This is an amazing set of pictures. He's licking the darn banana! It could be individual cells for a movie! Fantastic. He looks so beautiful!

[attachmentid=747]

post-266-1161404135.gif

Laurie, you mentioned getting a banana for Bleys and all week long Juli has had to listen to me saying, "Geez, I hope Laurie is busy taking care of Bleys and hasn't gotten around to ordering him a banana." And "Friday's the day! The tracking thingy says Bleys gets his bananas on Friday!" :P

I wasn't even sure if the coot cat likes catnip, but I figured someone in your house would. Then I couldn't remember if you had 4 cats or 5 (hmmmm, did that foster kitten become official or not? ;)) so I sent 4. Oh well, someone will have to share. But not Bleys. :lol:

The photos are just GREAT!!!! Best thanks in the world (not that any thanks were necessary).

Wait till I tell Chiquita Teds that Bleys likes his nanner too! :banana:

The website for the company is www.duckyworld.com. It includes a list of online retailers.

Bleys you handsome guy now you have your own banana. :banana: Just a little aromatherapy to aid the healing process.

Bleys says "Hey I may be old but i can still recognize a quality nanner when i smell one" hope the nurse is getting some nanner naps as well.

p

and the boys

Edited by paulajmnj

What's that, mom? Bleys got his nanner today?

[attachmentid=752]

:biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

[attachmentid=753]

post-27-1161425926_thumb.jpg

post-27-1161425971_thumb.jpg

:banana:

"Hey Teddie, have you tried this yet? Ask your mom to give you chin skritchies with your nanner! Nanners have so many uses!"

IPB Image

Tracy, Nancy, Francine, and Paula, Bleys would like to thank you for praising his handsome self after viewing his nanner photos. He is always grateful when people appreciate just how photogenic he is. :lol:

Well, you really don't have to be photogenic when you're as handsome as Bleys!

Absolutely love the nanner photos -- but it doesn't seem like they should come from "duckyworld"

Hugs to your special guy!

Laurie, I'm just getting caught up here and LOVE the pictures of Bleys with his banana's.....the pictures are just beautiful and he looks great.

Auntie Kim, that was so sweet of you to send Laurie's kitty a "stash" of the good stuff....Bleys looks so happy with his new toy/pillow. :banana:

Those pictures of Bleys are just adorable. It is clear to me he loves his banana as much as Teddie. Every cat should have their own banana. Do I hear banana sales are up? Tomorrow we are going to my parents' house to celebrate my Dad's birthday. Since my Mom just got out of the hospital, I'm bringing dinner. Instead of birthday cake, we are having a banana cream trifle. Bananas aren't just for cats and monkeys!

:banana:

Dear Laurie,

The photos of Bleys with the banana are precious. He is so handsome and sweet. Lucy thinks so as well. Since Casey passed she sits on top of the desk when I am at the computer and watches the screen the entire time. She was looking at Bleys and kept giving him the sweet eyes, then she jumped up at the screen and was scratching Bleys with her paws. So cute!!!!

I am going to have to get a nanner toy for Lucy. She deserves a new toy and loves cat nip. Thanks for the website, Kim.

Sending Bleys lots of healing energy and nanner hugs. :banana: Hope you are getting some rest.

Lots of love,

Patricia and Lucy