Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LaurieR

Bleys (Coot) at Rainbow Bridge 8/30/09

1,366 posts in this topic

YYYYIIIPPPEEE :cool026::cool026: how great is that!!! I'm sure Bleys is just as anxious to get out of the place. He will be nack to his "old" self soon enough.could you share a little pic with us?

p

and the boys

Could you share a little pic with us?

UH OH, are you sure you want to encourage me to post photos?!?!?!? How many thousands did you want to see??? :D

Yes, I'd be thrilled to share some snaps. Heading out now to pick up my baby and will check in later and post some photos.

Such wonderful news! Having Bleys home is going to provide you both with the additional comfort you need. Sounds like there is already notable improvement, a lot different than the onset of his illness, not too long ago.

Bleys sounds strong and determined, and that is so crucial to recovery. Healing enery being sent Bleys way...shoulder rubs your way.

UH OH, are you sure you want to encourage me to post photos?!?!?!? How many thousands did you want to see??? :D

Laurie, I remember some pretty fabulous photos of your guys on the old forum, so BRING IT ON!!!

It is the best news that Bleys is coming home today. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Also quite the godsend that you and Larry work at home. I used to do the mad dash at lunchtime when I was tube-feeding Meredith, and the actual feeding is not a process that you can rush. After a couple of weeks of that running back and forth, it got REAL old!

Hugs to the coot cat. :felineicon:

Well Laurie, ur vet's office is safe from all the IMOM'ers phone calls--now just leave ur phone nbr and everyone can call u a couple hundred times a day. :lol: So...I hope u can keep up the updates, just to keep from running to the phone every few minutes to tell someone from IMOM--he is doing well!!

I have been out of town a few times and I call home so often, that when they answer the phone, they don't even say "hello"--the first words out of their mouths are "the boys are fine!". LOL

Seriously, we know u will be very very busy with Bleys care--but when u get a chance everyone would love to hear how he is doing!

Please give Bleys a hug from me.

Bleys gets to come home today!!!! :cool026:

WHOO HOO!!!!! :cool026::banana::motimonkey:

Laurie, that is GREAT to hear!!!

Yep, when you have time I'd love to see some pics posted.

Give your boy a gentle hug from me.

Tracy :heart:

Coot cat is home, YAY!

Spent about 2 hours at the vet going over feeding and medication instrux. But we are back and Bleys immediately zonked out into a deep, deep sleep. No doubt he has not got much rest while at the vet. We all know that a hospital is a good place to be when you're sick but a bad place to heal.

Now he can be surrounded by constant love and attention AND peace and quiet when he needs it. I know his body needs a lot of deep, deep rest to continue the healing process.

Laurie, I remember some pretty fabulous photos of your guys on the old forum, so BRING IT ON!!!

Okay, you asked for it!

Doing one of his favorite things in the world -- sacking out for a good long snooze:

IPB Image

This was a box we got some computer component in. But as you can see it was obviously designed to actually be a kitty bed, complete with comfy egg-crate mattress:

IPB Image

Feeling mighty proud inside the crate:

IPB Image

Bleys on left being hugged by Caine on right:

IPB Image

Photo I took for the newsletter I edit, asking for donations for spay/neuter:

IPB Image

Hard to believe this was taken just a week ago. Dad's knobby knees in background! :lol:

IPB Image

Well Laurie, ur vet's office is safe from all the IMOM'ers phone calls--now just leave ur phone nbr and everyone can call u a couple hundred times a day. :lol:

No fair, Cindy! I needed a Bladder Alert here! :peeing: Laurie, do us all a favor please and install an 800 line at your house. :lol:

Bleys immediately zonked out into a deep, deep sleep. No doubt he has not got much rest while at the vet.

In the immortal words of Dorothy....

IPB Image

Great photos. Bleys is a DOLL!! Obviously smart too. Those egg crate mattresses are good orthopedic support for old bones. ;)

How did Bleys get his name, Laurie? If you told us before, I apologize for not remembering.

Laurie,

He is such a cool looking tuxie. what a beautiful face and hard to believe he is almost 19.All the pics are great and thanks for sharing.That hugging pic is so sweet.Gives you warm fuzzies.

Your vet must have been monitering the forum,as soon as they saw that the IMOM'ers may start calling it was time to let Bleys recoup at home. ;) Glad to hear he is home and getting some well deserved zzz's...thanks for the update.

p

and the boys

PS. Bleys napping twenties on the west coast and Chole napping on the east coast.They could be in cahoots :ph34r:

Edited by paulajmnj

Such wonderful news to hear that Bleys is doing well. Bleys is one handsome boy, looks great for his age (do you think if I say that enough times he may throw me a $20.00 LOL).

Welcome home Bleys

Edited by Diana New Hope

Bleys on left being hugged by Caine on right:

IPB Image

LaurieAdrienne - I didn't know Bleys was sick. I am so happy he's doing better! I love the Kitty Cuddle picture! That is soooooo sweet!

Hi everyone, sorry for not giving you a "Bleys fix" earlier but it's been a pretty intense day.

Bleys has needed about 90% of my attention since this morning. It just takes forever to get all of his food and meds into him. Right now we are having to go sooooooo sloooooowwwwwwwwwwly with everything because he is still having nauseau/vomiting and of course his little system is dealing with so many things.

I know that when he's stronger and the meds have had some time to work, the routine will go much more quickly.

It's challening because my kitty Caine requires a lot of medical care during the day, plus Kitz needs fluids. Fiona also is going through some weird stuff right now (off food, needing fluids). Also, we have a new family member that I haven't even had time to tell you about. He's a handful (not because he's sick, but because he's a 6-month-old psycho kitten. :lol:)

But none of this matters -- the important thing is that we are all together!

Bleys is moving slowly today -- but he's moving. He's mostly slept but has had a few jaunts around his bedroom. (We're keeping him separate from the other kitties because no way does he have stamina, energy, attention to deal with them.) Don't worry, mom is in with him constantly throughout the day and also sleeping w/him at night (in guest room) so he has love and warmth.

How did Bleys get his name, Laurie? If you told us before, I apologize for not remembering.

Well, I must confess to being a bit of a nerd as you will soon see. Hubby Larry and I have a favorite book series ("Nine Princes in Amber" by Roger Zelazny). We both read this series when we were much younger and have re-read it several times. All of our kitties have been named after characters in the books: Bleys, Merlin, Caine, Fiona. Our kitty Random, who had a very short life and left us long ago, was also named after a character in the books.

So now you see just how hopelessly nerdy we really are.

Our new family member (yet to be named) will not be named after characters in the books, however! Time to move on. Now we're in search of other inspiration!

Gotta run, time to feed the coot cat again.

Laurie

no apologies needed,besides it sounds like your plate is overflowing right now :P Now don't forget about yourself and get some rest in between everything going on.and man there is a lot going on. take care and many gentle pets to Bleys.

p

and the boys

Geez, and I thought I was running a cat hospital! ;)

Thank you for the explanation of Bleys' name and it is not nerdy, it is literary. Frankly, after seeing a million cats named "Kitty," "Patches," "Tiger," and "Midnight," it's refreshing to hear a creative name!

Tell the little pipsqueak not to make too much noise as he's zooming around. His older brother needs his rest.

We all know that a hospital is a good place to be when you're sick but a bad place to heal.

Bleys is a handsome and sweet faced little guy! Doesn't look a day over 3!

Welcome Home!

OMG, those pics are great, Laurie! What beautiful kitties you have. That kitty cuddle pitcure is absolutely adorable!!!

I'm so glad that Bleys is home now. I think that in time, his system will adjust to the meds and he will start feeling better. Keeping all fingers/paws crossed here.

Tracy :kittydrinking:

Thinking of you and your babies today. You do run a kitty hospital but they are some lucky kitties. You must be exausted but well loved.

I just loved those pics especially kitties cuddleing.What an adorable picture.Thanks for sharing them.

:hugs:

Love Laurie,Kori :Angel15: and family :Angel15::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:

You must be exausted but well loved.

Laurie, this is a wonderful and positive way to think about this! You put a big smile on my face. Yes, right now I feel especially exhausted -- Bleys' care is so time-intensive and combined with the other medical needs, the nurse is a bit run ragged right now. But I am always surrounded by furry purry love and sweet kitty kisses -- oh yeah, and lots of fur and usually some cat gack.

And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Laurie

OMG - I missed all this about Bleys - and am so very very glad he is home. He is a gorgeous cat, and must be chilly with all that shaved area. Maybe he needs a sweater like TC had. She actually liked wearing it.

Lymphoma is certainly the cancer you want if you have to have cancer. TC had the exploratory surgery to determine if she had IBD or lymphoma. She quickly went into remission from the lymphoma, and stayed in remission from that. It is not what she died from. I just know Bleys is a fighter like TC and Teddie.

If you need syringes for feeding, Brico medical supplies has great Terumo syringes and a good price. My vet was charging $4 each!! I could get a box of 25 for $10 at Brico. I had various sizes - and liked the 20cc best.

Sending lots of headbutts to the master himself,

Hi Diana, Bleys' cute little pink belly is a bit exposed for sure, but he is staying very warm and cuddly on a toasty down comforter. He is pretty much sleeping round the clock -- I can see how much rest he needs while his little body works very hard to heal itself.

It has been a joy and a relief to have him back home after so many scary days without him. Even after almost 19 years (and actually, because he's been with us for so long) I do not take for granted a single moment that we spend together. I am so grateful that we continue to have time together.

He was a bit more perky a few times today -- actually jumped up on a window sill (!!!!) to look outside, and did a bit of head-butting when he wanted some pets. He also ate 4 or 5 bites of his favorite disgusting wet food that I won't usually feed him because it's not the greatest quality stuff -- but the vet said, offer him anything and everything to spark his appetite.

It's going to be a long while I think before he's able to eat enough food on his own to get the nutrition he needs. He's not thrilled about the tube feeding (a bit bored and impatient I think) but he's always very sweet and accommodating when mom has to "do things" to him.

He is such a love and purrs so much in spite of the fact that he's not feeling great. I am truly a lucky and blessed person to get to share my life with Bleys.

Laurie