Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vickyimom

Daisy, a Beagle needs our help

60 posts in this topic

DIAGNOSIS: Unsure at this time. Daisy needs bloodwork and an x-ray to determine.

COST: total cost of the estimate is $260. IMOM is pledging $117 to cover the office vist and the blood/chem panel. The vet would also like to do an xray and bile acids test, for an additional $143. We need to raise $143.

Caseworker: Vicky

Case notes: Daisy has been ill for quite awhile, and Daisy's Mom Regina found us last Friday. Her regular vet would not work with IMOM's policies. We found a "friendly" vet 30 miles away, but they had already closed for the weekend. They have agreed to see Daisy tomorrow.

Daisy is not yet spayed, but Regina has readily agreed to have her spayed. And she is not currently on HW preventative, but was until Regina fell upon hard times.

Here is what Regina says about Daisy:

i have not been in the position to take care of daisy they way she needs to be as i also have health issues and lost my job in feb. i have been struggling to get thru life. but i can say when im having a bad day i can count on unconditional love from my animals. i would also like to say that she may not be upto date on her shots and that too is my fault. i took in a rescue american pitbull terrier and had to make the decision of who is the higher risk. my dogs are well feed and well cared for. i would like to ask that you please assist me with this as i have never had a issue like this before. going forward i will make sure that i budget a dog fund for situations like this and for the normal care that is required. i honestly thought it wouldnt happen to me. thanks for all the assistance

Regina has been very prompt answering our emails, and complying with our policies. Daisy has been vomiting, not really eating or drinking, and is very lethargic.

Once you have heard from Regina, please consider a donation, earmarked EF - Daisy Ellis. A token donation to our Operating Fund would also be greatly appreciated. Here's the link to donate: Donations or if you need to copy it into your browser, it's http://www.imom.org/pin/donations.htm .

Vicky / IMOM

Edited by Cindy/IMOM

hi everyone. i just wanted to add a pic of my lil girl. and add with out the assistance of the great people of imom i would have truely been lost i have cried everyday since finding daisy sick on wensday morning and knowing that my vet would not work with me i finally found a glimer of hope and cried tears of joy this evening knowing that imom was going to help. i have also found alot of links through this site as well as another that i am going to apply for. as well as by weekly payments i will be able to make. thank you to everyone. yes there is magic in the air. lookforward to meeting everyone i will post a update tomorrow upon returning from the vet. pray for us. cross fingers, paws,fins and claws, it goes well for us.

post-388-1158638577_thumb.jpg

Picture_060.bmp

well everyone im off to the vets office. i will let you know how it went when i get back. please please keep us in your thoughts.

I was working with Regina last week, trying to convince her vet to work with us, but even after I called and sent them all our information, they refused to wait for payment. The vet she's going to today is 30 miles away but has worked with a certain Malamute organization in the past :pp_animal_362:;) so we were pleased when they agreed to work with us. Daisy is very sick, and her mom's been writing us constantly. Paws crossed that her treatment will be reasonable and funds can be raised to cover whatever she needs.

We'll know more later. Thanks for caring about sweet Daisy,

Cindy/IMOM

Awwww, I love Beagles they are so cute! I hope the vet is able to detrermine what is wrong today...once they do will IMOM continue to raise funds for Daisy's care?

IMOM angels...there is still some money needed to pay the vet for todays visit...please donate to little Daisy today!

Regina; I love that name...my brother has a cat named Daisy that is with her third generation of owner...first she was my Grandmas, then my Moms and now my brothers. She keeps outliving her owners!

Nancy

All paws crossed here that Daisy had a good appointment at the vet this morning. Hopefully, we'll hear from Gina soon. Once we get information about what more Daisy might need, the Committee will discuss her case, and we'll go from there.

The vet has been very good to work with, and so has Gina! We're hopinh that all adds up to help for Daisy, and a long happy healthy life.

Thanks Angels.

Vicky / IMOM

hi everyone!!! sorry has taken so long to get back to you all today. i was not prepared for such a long day. they had to keep her for 2 1/2 hrs for one of the test and send to the universitey of illinois for diagnostics. most of the others that are done in house have come back great! really weird the vet was a little confused by this one as well. but this bile test should tell us alot. my lil hound dog was quite vocal when i went to pick her up you could hear her over all the others in the kennel area.. she has a trade mark whine i wish i could record it. she does it when i come home or when company comes over that she knows. or when my parents come to visit. the vet was laughing at her so hard. i will know in a couple of days how the bile test goes. thanks everyone for keeping us in your thoughts. the vet that i went to was great!!!!! i think i have found a new permanat vet. i inquired about cost for yearly vacs for my other dog who is due the end of october. and with the caring and the concern and understanding i recived today it would be well worth the drive to me to keep them. thanks imom for recomending them. i was not made to feel bad for my lack of being able to pay. or made to feel like i was looking for handouts. what a wonderful group. just wonderful. keep paws crossed that all comes out well. i still have to work on raising the money for the rest of the test. and i have a idea for money on my end. so i am off for a bit to make some calls and see if i can get donations, wish me luck. :beagle:

Thanks for posting an update on Daisy. I am so glad the new vet is helping Daisy, there are some vets out there who do REALLY care!

Give Daisy a hug for me! I would love to hear her "call" tooo, beagles can be so vocal, I have a friend whose beagle has a "sing songy" bark, it's so funny to hear!

morning everyone. just a quick update things went well last nite. i have yet to hear from the vet to see if the results of bile test are in. i think at this point daisy is getting better im getting worse. i have worried so much and slept so little it is finally catching up to me. with my health issues i have really drug my self down i have in the works a yard sale i was planning for this weekend but with such short notice and the way im feeling and the possiblity of rain i may have to do it the weekend after . i have a few friends that are going to donate some stuff for the sale as we had a house fire in dec of 05 and dont really have a lot. along with that i thought about doing cookies and brownies. as well. anymore ideas would be welcome. i will update everyone later as im not feeling so hot lots of ideas would be welcome thanks every one. daisy sends her love :beagle: gina and stink.

I want to thank all the wonderful Angels who made it possible for Daisy to go to the vet yesterday! We're all so glad this little Beagle girl is feeling better!

We have a new estimate from the vet, for Daisy's follow up and spay. The estimate is for $186. If my math is correct, there should be $24 left in Daisy's fund after yesterdays visit is paid, so that means we need to raise $162 for Daisy's follow up visit and spay. With Gina working on raising money on her end, and the Angels on this end, hopefully little Daisy will be good to go soon!

Thanks again, so very much. Gina, give Daisy lots of extra kisses from all of us.

Vicky / IMOM

a big THANK YOU ANGELS!!!! you have no idea how thirlled i am this is wonderful. thank you so much to everyone for donations and prayers and thoughts, as well as the kind words i have recived the last few days. its such a comcomforting thought to know that there a people such as yourselves in this world. it make a person relize that there is kindness of strangers. i am so relived to know that we are well on the way to getting back on the right track. i just dont know how to put into words the gratitude i have for all of you. i cant say enough good things about imom and its angles. its all i have talked about since having found you folks. thank you thank you thank you.!!!! gina and daisy.

Fantastic Wonderful News! Knew from the start the Angels would come through for Daisy. Always glad to see I'm right.

I've enjoyed all your stories even the stinky one. This proves you were meant to find Daisy when she got lost to be there when she needs you most.

Keep the stories coming. Now that you're almost at your target $$$ you can tell us more of the funny capers Daisy gets into.

Congratulations!

Thank you Angels and IMOM and the wonderful Magic-filled wand for helping Daisy!

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom

here is one for ya when stink was still a puppy and i was living in the same trailer that her and the rabbit use to run round in i also at the same time raised cockateils

i had one that would stay on my shoulder all day well one day daisy was persistant to get outside and figured out how to open the door leaving it open........ well open door to a bird with uncliped wings means yep you guessed it trouble.. out the door the bird went .... out the door i went... yelling at daisy and at the bird.... so picture this daisy chasing the bird (which she never did inside always tried to baby it.) me chasing daisy and the bird flying thru the yard. well daisy stoped she smelled something.... a baby rabbit. (wild) so she starts chasing the rabbit i start chasing her and the bird starts chasing me...... i start crying from frustration and stop and sit down on the picnic table. well next thing i know the bird lands on my head. (her favorite spot) and daisy brings me a baby rabbit.. that was the first wild rabbit experience. needless to say we lost the bunny and daisy was grounded and the bird was cliped. and i didnt get my dishes done till late in the evening. and slept like a baby..lol

hi everyone.

got a slow start to the day today. daisy and i got cought up on some much needed rest :blush: me sunggled up on the blankets and daisy on my pillow under my head :biggrin: i have no idea when she climbed under me but we was sleepin good. i have gotten several donations for stuff i can sell at a yard sale my house is looking like its a storage unit :huh: so im busy going thru things cleaning them up and marking everything. hoping the weather will hold off for no rain this weekend. i am going to set this evening and make some signs. to put up tonite. wish me luck.

daisy is feeling her oats today she has been out most of the day loungin in the sun barking at the leaves blowing by. im so glad she is getting back to normal she was such a sick lil girl. i was so scared for her. the vet told me the other day to continure feeding her soft food and the start mixing my hard back in with it to transition her back to the hard so for breakfast this am she has pedigree little champions pouch with a small hand full of pedigree hard mixed in..... well that went over well.. the soft and the gravey gone!! all the pieces of hard..... still there . :rolleyes: . i can see this is gonna take some time. daisys sister kasha has been wondering why stink is getting special food so i gave her a little bit of a can of food last nite she would not even eat it. turned her nose up and walked right away. who knew a dog wouldnt eat a can of food.... :huh: i have lots to do today so ill check in with everyone later. again i wanna say a big :thanks3: to all who have been such a great help to us. i would have been lost with out everyone. have a good day everyone. beagle kisses out to all

daisy :beagle: and gina

hey everyone just a quick update. i got a little impatient waiting on the vets office to call so i called them :blush: the dr was not in but they did tell me that the results of the bile test and lead test had both come back good. :claphands: so that is where we are at she did also tell me the dr would call me tomorrow. so i may have more information at that time. i just wanted to share that with everyone as i know daisy has lots of angels waiting to hear will update more when i get it.

daisys mom

gina :beagle:

Good news!!! Yay! Hang in there Daisy...you've got angels looking over you : ) :beagle:

Gina! Sounds like things are going well, what's the update? This is for you know who!

Jade and Francine send...

[attachmentid=292]

post-266-1158903903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom

well vet called this am said all test come back great!! so we are still a little confused about just what is going on. they do also want to put her on phenobarbital (sp?) for the few seizures she has had in the past. so we still dont have any real clear awnsers as too just what is going on. the rain has moved in and im afraid its here to say for the weekend. so i am having to push the yard sale to next weekend. which will give me a little more time to gather more stuff. daisy loves the hugs and is sending beagle kisses to all. :beagle:

hi everyone. sorry no post today. my internet has been out. :huh: so i have occupied my day with cleaning and gathering more stuff for the yard sale that is officially set for next sat. we had rain there most of the nite and this am so i figured it would be best not to even try. good news is my little amount has grown leaps and bounds. who knew. B) daisy is almost completely back to her old self. although she did lay around alot today. she is starting to fill back out from the weight shes lost being sick. although there still is no hope in dry food... she is still spitting them pieces back out. she did drag a halloween mask out of my box of halloween decorations today and bark and growl at it she even chased kasha with it poor lil kasha was scared to death. it was so funny. imagine a 30 lb beagle chasing a 55 lb apbt and the bigger dog running for her life.. lmaoooooooo...

post-388-1159058918_thumb.jpg

I am so glad that Daisy if feeling better...

I am wishing you tons of success with your yard sale...perhaps you can put up a poster with Daisy's photo on it so the people will know what the sale is for...I would put out a donation can...even change will add up...

The funds you need are so doable...Miss Daisy is so close to be a happy and healthy girl...YEA!! Judy

Daisy and Gina and Kasha (my tutor!) ~ Hope you had a great weekend...Sorry about the rain!!! I always love to cuddle and read with Layla when its stormy out...she HATES storms..poor kid lives in Florida...

I read Daisy wont eat the doggie food dry...have you ever tried microwaving it? When I worked at the vet hospital, we would try that first...put some warm water in the bowl and let it soak for about 10 minutes..then throw it in the microwave for about ten seconds....brings out the smells in it and makes it a bit more appealing... Just a tip from one mommy to another : )

Hope you have a great day! You too daisy...get better again...your mommy loves you !!! We do too! Layla sends her sloppy kisses and says she will chase you with the halloween mask if you dont get better ASAP!!!

:pp_animal_554:

Hi,

Just checking in again on Daisy. Gosh I am glad her bile acid test was fine! I have 2 epileptic boys that have that test every 6 months, and with one (Tucker) I kinda hold my breath until it comes back since his liver enzymes have been elevated in the past. . Its wonderful actually to hear all tests were fine. Isn't that amazing sometimes that these furkids are SO sick--and yet their labs are fine?!

I hope this was all a transient thing and she will just get better on her own!!

Please give her a hug from me and my boys!

Just checking in on you and Daisy...Hope all is well. :beagle:

Give her some hugs from both Layla and I : )