Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kris S

Annalise BrightStar - rescue who will suffer NO MORE!

435 posts in this topic

OOH! Linda, missed that post! SORRY! Thanks for checking in on Kramer. More hugs for him while I check for lumps!

So, yes, Anna's heart sounds good to me and this morning when I woke up, I saw that instead of being on the end of the bed in her spot, she was MUCH closer to me than she ever had been. This was after yesterday's very bold standing on the bed getting petted event. I wonder if she's got something up her sleeve for tomorrow morning!

Now you made me cry

Awwww, Jacki...

Anna didn't do anything new today, but she again snuck closer to me during my nap today. And she had some pepperoni-she stood at the outer edge of the circle of dogs waiting for her turn-lots of times she'd hide until it was her turn, dart out, take and go back to a hiding spot. But today she stood there waiting (she also does that with Arby's of course).

Also, even though I've been tired, and rushed on time lately, and short on money for things other than the vet bills (and NOT complaining about this-grateful that I have fixable things and the second PT job that covers them), I found a place near Buffalo that does herding (sheep) lessons. I decided that to take Kramer to do something like this while he still can really enjoy it is going to be worth it. So I am trying to set up a time to go with Kramer, Bella, and Ava. I have a feeling if I took Anna, I'd be buying some mutton and would be driving home with a sheep on the roof of my car! I hope I can take pictures while they are herding (or learning to). http://wickeddogs.tripod.com is the website. It looks like fun!

EDIT! Anna was just laying behind my chair but closer than usual so I reached down to pet her-she usually comes to me for petting and not the other way-and she was great about it! Everyone went nuts thinking we were going to bed because I moved...heaven forbid...so the petting session was over quickly, but she seems to be doing this little sneaking closer thing more and more. What a gift she gives!

Also: http://annalisepetphoto.com Couldn't remember if I posted the updated version. . . it's not done, but getting closer.

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAA

when I attend a training thing!
So how was your "training thing" this morning? Did that have to do with something after "the fifth word" or was this about how to get mutton for Anna without Anna being there to do it herself.

Jean, I must admit I got kind of goosebumpy reading about Anna still moving in ever closer. What wonders the two of you have made! and how classically funny about the spider. I once did a similar thing while holding a bald eagle we were putting a trasmitter on. One of my most less cool moments.

Terrific to hear that so far Kramers lumps have become fairly good news divots. Now, about your training.....

Martha Jane and Baila

Jean,

the website is starting to look GREAT :aktion033: you do have some great shots in the gallery--but we could always use more Naji ;) Anna looks great in all of the phots.Sheep herding i thought Kramer was already in the herding game,takes a lot to keep that pack in line. Well glad the lump is something that is not totally awful.

p

gatorsennacarvernyjour

So wonderful to hear Kramer's lumps are "okay". I sure hope and pray that he doesn't get any more fibrosarcomas. Anna sneaking closer everyday is making me cry - happy tears of course. It's just amazing what you do with these dogs. I like the idea of Anna's sanctuary - we can rescue the world.

:hugs:

Just stopping by to say Hi.I loved your pet photo website so aptly named after precious Anna. Thinking of you.

:hugs:

Love Laurie,Kori :Angel15: and family :Angel15::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:

baby steps... that's what Anna has been doing--and she is just incredible where the baby steps have taken her. Without u, she would not have had a chance to become the dog she was destined to be.

Thank u Jean for loving her so much.

Hugs

Well, I have to come back here and read all this nice stuff! I guess it wouldn't be appropriate to post about Anna's killer gas last night with all the good things, huh! :motimonkey: Love the monkey!

I wanted to show the updated Mario pictures and his big accomplishment: Traveling Mario!

Jean, thinking of Anna getting closer on the bed to you did me in too...Kayla alway slept on the bed with us...just made me think of that...

By the way...thank you for the wonderful poem you posted on her thread...it took me 2 days to really read it...and yes, it made me cry...

You give my buddy, Kramer a big hug from me...I hope he's going to like his herding experience..I can just see him now...his beautiful face turned up to the sky...Hugs, Judy

Love the pictures of Mario, but now I now in advance I'll love any pictures you take. It's a gift for sure.

You really have done, and do, amazing things with animals!

When does Kramer start his hearding classes?

Martha Jane

lol - Mario is SUPER smart - I just died laughing that he actually puts his head into the barf bags!!! Such a good boy.

Jean,

watch out for that snowstorm,(20 inches in Buffalo) yikes,especially coming on the full moon cycle.

Get out the snowshoes and shovels :P hope all is well with you and the pack

p

and the boys

I don't know Jean, but I think the only thing the puppers may be herding in Buffalo is snowmen!!!!

I hope u and the pack are doing OK!!!

Sorry! This two job thing is really cramping my IMOM style (especially because they expect me to work really hard at both-what is up with that??? :motimonkey: )!

Isn't Skidboot so cool? He's just so intense.

That Buffalo snowstorm was unreal. Some are just getting power back. I was at a conference there and ended up driving home in the nick of time-and it was not good even then. I love snow/winter, cool weather, but OCTOBER 12? YIKES!

Okay, time for an update. Anna went to Cornell yesterday for her re-check. Mariele had her surgery for her knee again.

Annie bananie was such a good girl. When she was being examined by three young vets Bruno would sit right behind her and turn his back while she was being checked (very proper of him-but he could tell that she was stressed, so that stressed him) while Ava would stick her nose where they were checking (even with me trying to hold her back) and then at one point when the guy was making Anna nervous, Ava took her nose and tried to flip his hand off of Anna's side.

Her murmur is really barely audible with a stethoscope, but on the ultrasound and ekg they could detect it and it's just a little tiny bit worse than last time. Nothing that needs medication or surgery and nothing that would prevent her from living her life span out, cardiac-wise. All the blood is flowing in the right direction which is what they want! They thought she looked great.

She was so happy to be re-united with everyone and while we were paying the bill she sat with that smile on her face. Oh-when they brought her back to the consult room, Ava checked every part of her, made sure she was okay, then turned, charged the poor little student vet with her hackles up, stopped right in front of her and gave her a very stern bark.

Of course we went to Arby's and she was very pleased with her meal. She was so happy to get home and to her recliner!

Then I went to pick up Mariele as they were thankfully open until 7 last night (she had her re-surgery for her luxating patella). Her doctor took pictures of the surgery, which he showed me. I almost tossed my cookies because it looked like something out of a nightmare I might have-it truly looked like a very fresh chicken quarter. It was gross. Anyway, (having a flashback there) it was her leg, open, and it showed her knee before and after surgery yesterday. He showed me the before and told me that he had never seen anything like it. I asked him what she did to her knee. "What did she do?" he said, "She GREW BACK TISSUE (like some kind of iguana that had its tail pulled off) in the groove that he had created in the knee." YES, the groove was barely an indent and all the bad "stuff" was back in there, so everything popped back out again! The after picture there is a definite trench where all the ligaments and good stuff are supposed to go (that he did a la This Old House) and we are hoping that Miss Regeneration doesn't regrow her tissues again. He has never seen this. He's probably been a vet for 25 years or so I am guessing. Creepy!

So, she's home-she wagged her little tail when I picked her up out of the car and she saw she was home. She's on leash only outings for 6 weeks, stitches out in two.

Kramer doesn't want to go near her-he is skeeving her big surgery area, I swear! He stood and kind of squinted and wagged his tail at her and then walked away. Everyone is checking on her from time to time, but best of all is that Anna has a new job of being the official checker of Mariele. I guess she's decided that is her job because she is doing it so often and so sweetly and so well. It really is amazing to watch her going over, checking, sniffing, licking through the crate and wagging her tail.

I am very grateful for how well they are doing and for your support. Annalise says BIG thanks to Jacki and all the IMOM angels who have made it possible for her to have this wonderful healthy heart. I am thankful every day when I watch her bounce around, playing, wagging her tail, happy and silly with her friends and know that it wouldn't have been possible without all of you.

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAA

What a GREAT report to come home to!!!!

Anna is just a delight--and her sibs are wonderfully protective!! I am glad no medication is in order now.

Mariele--wow tissue regeneration---hmmm is there some super hero that can do that--or is Mariele in a class of her own?

I'm sorry the two jobs are causing u to be so busy and cutting into IMOM time. I think it is just a shame they expect u to work hard at BOTH jobs. That's just plain evil!!

Any recent pics of the furkids???!!!

Any recent pics of the furkids???!!!

Yes, about that job #3 that we all expect you to work really hard at... hmmm

Love to hear this news and the thread of interaction. Hopefully Mariele will not grow any more alien like tissue!

Hugs to All of them!

Martha Jane, Baila and Crew

Hi! Long time no post. I am getting really bad at juggling everything. Or spinning plates. Plates breaking, balls being dropped, whatever, there's always something I am behind in!!!!!!!!!! :motimonkey: I have been taking quite a lot of pictures lately and will put some links in to those. Unfortunately not so many of my dogs, and not yet doing the paying customer thing yet. I am hoping that can start in January. I have recently been spending more time on the GSD board trying to get some good dogs into rescue and keep people who shouldn't be getting dogs from getting them.

Mariele is doing really well and I keep telling her to take it easy on the tissue regrowth! A vet yesterday mentioned that Mariele could be an alien, which...maybe! Then her vet asked about her and said he worries about her-I am sure he does-he doesn't want to deal with me again and again, going off the Richter scale with worry! :smokin:

I actually had to take Anna to the vet on Friday. She took Kramer's Adequan appointment (that stuff is awesome for him-he is just full of it and doing so well). She hadn't felt great on the weekend, and then was fine, but Friday morning got sick all over and I found a piece of toy in her vomit (which drove all the dogs out of the house from the smell-they ran out with her like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek). That freaked me out, plus she was lethargic and had loose stool. But she ate breakfast (I wanted to see if she would-which was actually the right thing to do). I first scheduled her for Saturday, but then switched her and Kramer so that she could go in.

She and Ava went and my vet gets a kick out of how much they look alike. He kept saying he wished it was Ava he had to work with since she's a lot easier to take care of. Of course Ava doesn't mind being Anna's stunt double, but when she saw the latex glove go on his hand, she ditched Anna ASAP! Ava does stick by her though (after confirming the glove was not for her) and gives Anna and the vet schnuzzles while any procedure is happening.

He sent her home with some flagyl since she was eating, and she's eating burger and rice for a few days. No x-rays unless she stops eating. No more toy parts have come out of her. She is pretty sneaky, our Anna-she will lay on a toy so that I don't know she has it then if I fall asleep, takes it out and gnaws on it. I am pretty keyed in to the sound of her chewing and since she should only be chewing when I give her food...

It was weird when we got home, she was sashaying around all cutesy-I am not sure if it was from the ride, the care, him palpating her stomach, getting to come home and knowing she has a home or what, but she was very perky and quite sweet (as if she could get sweeter).

She's doing well now-it's raining, so she's been able to get some rest and relaxation in! She got me worried there though!

Still have my 3 fosters. :rolleyes: Ilsa actually has an interested potential adopter, which is giving me majorly mixed feelings. This is my thought-the girl can adopt her, give it a try, and if it doesn't work out, Ilsa comes back and is mine forever. If it works out, that's even better and she deserves a chance to have a home of her own. But I will only put her through that once. I do want her to succeed in a new home though. I think she'd like having her own person and just one other dog. :peeing: Still nervous thinking about it!

Jaeger met someone yesterday, but they want a bigger dog. He's little and like a circus dog with a lot of energy and I guess I am used to it, and get a real kick out of it, but for some people that kind of mania is a turn off! :P It actually gives me energy to see him like that. He does shut off though and can nap like a champion (a requirement here-all dogs are taught that nap time is sacred with the help of Kramer-it's a norming thing). I think they were looking for a more impressive dog-saying that people used to say their Husky looked like a wolf...I wanted to say, wellllll....LOOKING like a wolf is sorta impressive...but having a wolf... :motimonkey:

And Mario. Mario is no longer fainting in the car. He's able to stay awake and stable during a car ride, but still vomits like he's auditioning for a dog version of the Exorcist. Eh, what can you do. If my mom can't ride in the back with his puke bags, he goes in a crate. We actually started obedience on Friday so that he could get used to being around strange people and dogs, since we really missed that important socialization window due to his fainting/illness on car rides. He did have a hard time with the dogs but was very good about it. And let me tell you, his obedience, sits, heeling work were AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! He looked so impressive for a puppy. Okay, a very large puppy (I am guessing he's over 60# now). I was so proud of him because his love for food, desire to please, and his good working drive overcame his nervousness. That's saying a lot.

So, I think that is it for now-everyone else is doing well. Ava and Bella are having trouble with a food switch, so they HAVE to have the really expensive stuff. My prima donnas! Bruno-I will have to brag about him another time-he's been doing a lot of therapy work and presentations for me! Crazy Aunt Nina has been playing with Mario lately and because she really doesn't know how to play, just does what he does-they ended up on the ground together because they both rolled each other and neither knew quite what to do after that! And Naji and Micki really get along now. They don't do stuff together other than eat food and eat treats and when it's nice sit in the kitty habitat thing outside, but they really seem to have a very nice peaceful relationship now. Both are winter fluffy and so cute. Both also expect me to lift them and take them to their food (Micki) and their treats (Naji). Can you believe it!

Hope you are all doing well! I will post some picture threads next.

My friend's white shepherds: http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...9758#Post731311

Bruno and Ava's Halloween Pictures:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...true#Post721415

Bella and Kramer:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...true#Post707969

"Baby" Mario:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...true#Post716191

Not sure if I posted this one of Mario and Mariele playing:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...true#Post672985

Vet receptionist's dogs:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...true#Post726652

Vet receptionist's horses/dog:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...true#Post701801

I am getting tired of Photobucket because I see red x's but when I look at Photobucket, I see the picture.

I will have to do a pictorial of Anna if it ever stops raining!

Thanks Jean for all the photo links - you are SOME photographer! The horse shots are terrific!!!!

I always love the "dogs in action" pix, the white leaf eater - those are so funny!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Hi Jean, What a beautiful girl Anna is. She is really coming out of her shell. Each time i think, ah she is as happy as she can be, I check back and she has gone even further. She is such a lucky girl to have you.

I'm so glad that Kramers lumps were not too big of a problem. My dog Bear passed away from mast cell tumors. My vet loves me with my new dogs. I found a lump on Jake my Rotti and went ballistic. he gave him some antibiotics and did a scraping and by the time I was to take him back in for a recheck the lump had shrunk. I just know what he's thinking. Crazy woman :wacko:

And your Photographs are so beautiful. You not only seem to capture the animal but what its feeling inside. I would love to have a setting with my two. If you are ever down in Ithaca again, let me know I would love to make an appointment.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Linda! That is high praise coming from you on the horse pictures! THANK YOU! They were very sweet and personable. Padro, the white Shepherd, gets fixated on things like the leaves, so I could take a lot of pictures of him to get a good one!

Debs-I will be back to post tomorrow. I need to post something for Teddie. Definitely want to say hello to you!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0