Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Kris S

Annalise BrightStar - rescue who will suffer NO MORE!

435 posts in this topic

And Jacki-Anna not only gets love, she asks for it! She is the dog who asks for the most petting of ANY of them. (not counting Mariele's apparent physical attachment to me as asking for attention-she's just kind of there like a twin) When I am on the couch watching TV it is Anna's petting time. It is sweet, adorable, and so many other words I can't describe it!

Denny is CUTE! He's sweet, too. And he seems very, very bright. You all got that right!!!

Thanks on the website. It's annoying to me to have such a hard time getting something that seems so simple! Oh well!

Kramer is going in on Friday for surgery. He's having two lumps taken off his chest. We went last Friday and had them aspirated and my vet put me on Yellow Alert as a way of getting my worry level adjusted, which was nice of him. They'll send the tissue out and after reading poor Jade's thread, I am going to say my terror alert has been elevated. I am going to ask them about that.

Tonight I took him out for some pictures before his chest gets shaved.

Kramer!

So, I am working on keeping cool. I've only researched once in almost a week which is amazing for me. Part of that is when my vet started talking about the lumps, he got the wa wa wa voice of Charlie Brown's teacher. I need to bring a notebook next time.

:pp_animal_103:

I'll make a confession. When I take one of mine to the vet for anything other than routine stuff, I take a little pocket recorder with me. I record my conversation with the vet. Then when I get home I listen to it to see if I forgot to ask anything. The vet I had before I moved was wonderful. The first time I asked him if I could record him he was really surprised. After the first time he expected it :) He knew I would go home and listen to the whole conversation, do some research and then call him because I forgot to ask something.

It's also good for those times when Pete can't go with me. Instead of trying to remember everything, I just let him listen to the tape.

I started doing after Magic was diagnosed with diabetes. It was all very confusing to me and I knew nothing at all about it.

I'll hold your handsome boy in my heart and send good thoughts.

Boy Jean, you sure know how to capture the beauty of the animals you photograph! Even those that are not yours. Both Kramer and Denny are amazing!

We're hoping all goes well for Kramer!

Martha Jane and Baila

jean,

are you at DEFCON 5 AND COUNTING?

thinking positve thoughts for Kramer and great pics of him he looks like a dignifed gentleman.

p

Edited by paulajmnj

Jacki-that is a good idea. It becomes blurrish. I usually come home and type it all out but that day things were just not sticking in the brain.

Thanks Martha Jane (and Baila)! I posted some more pictures of Kramer in that thread. We had fun at the cemetery. Well, he and I did, poor Nina was afraid of the cows. She was a kennel dog for years, so new things scare her. But she bounced back really quickly, which is great.

Yes, Paula, I am! I was trying to be all cool and calm today, but underneath it all...mess! I did see Kramer's vet today (he is now going to be Anna's vet because hers is leaving :sad: ) and I told him to get a good night's rest and a breakfast full of protein.

So, I will update everyone after 3 or so tomorrow with Kramer's info.

Now, Miss Annalise...what a girl!

Totally cool at the vets! Got on the scale without leaving anything behind, waited in the waiting room (under a bench, but still good), met her new vet today and LIKED him. You could see the way she was looking AT him while he was talking. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. She passed some gas big time at first and I thought a pooppuddle was going to come out but NO! Not until we got home like normal in the yard. And he was hunched over her and everything checking her out. While he was doing that, Ava curled up in a ball around Anna. SO sweet I almost cried seeing them huddled together there on the floor. There was a reason that out of all the dogs on Petfinder, I picked Ava.

Then, while the Dr. was telling me funny stories, crazy Ava sat and looked at him with her mouth open and would throw her head back like she was laughing. Do dogs mimic? I thinks she does.

BUT WAIT, there's more. In addition to Anna sitting straight up like she was in the military and listening and watching everything going on, getting her shots sweetly, having her HW test blood drawn, and having him check her everywhere, he could NOT hear her heart murmur! It was like a 1 or 2 at the last check but he could not hear it! He did say it could be his hearing (and I asked if I should talk to him like I do Kramer) but he could not detect it and checked from a number of angles! I'll see what Cornell says in October. She was just outstanding. She got a mini peanut butter cup when we got home (Anna likes sweets as much as Arby's so she gets a bite of chocolate on rare occasions). And of course, everyone had to smell her...

I am just BEAMING with her progress. I never cared if she did progress, I just wanted her to be happy, but being happy for her means progressing and I am just so amazed at her bravery.

Jean, did the vet do a needle aspirate of any of the lumps?? Often they are just lipoma's (fatty tumors).

Laura and I apparently have similar taste in men--we both have a particular fondness for Roadie and Kramer! Kramer's pics are so wonderful!!

PLEASE post as soon as u know anything tmw.

Anna--u are a wonder and a joy!

You do have similar test in men! HA! That's interesting!

Yes, last Friday he did the aspirate and didn't like what he saw and wanted to get more information. He put me on Yellow Alert. Just got an e-mail from a friend whose dog had the same last year, results came back negative, and all is still well with her, so hoping the same for the Big K!

Dropped him off this morning along with anesthesia cookies! Bruno went with Kramer and got to walk all around the vet clinic like he owned it, which he loves.

So now I am going to work for a bit and then do errands to keep my mind busy!

Thanks, Cindy!

I will be sitting on the edge of my seat all day today worried about MY Kramer. Back off Cindy :bitchslap2: , he belongs to me..... :biggrin: Sheesh, first she tries to steal my Roadie, and now my Kramer.

Ladies!! You have to watch that harlot Cindy around your menfolk at all times..... :blush:

Wishing Kramer the best news possible....let us know as soon as you can Jean.

Ladies!! You have to watch that harlot Cindy around your menfolk at all times..... :blush:

:P

I can't call until after 3, but will let you know as soon as I know how he did. How long does it usually take to get a path report? 10 days? I am ready to deliver it myself.

This whole thread is scaring me. Not about Kramer's surgery because we know our Elder Studmuffin has to be OK. But the thought of Neurotic Mother at DEFCON 5 with tape recorder!! :ohmy::lol:

All good thoughts for the Kramer Man.

Anna is amazing, amazing, AMAZING. :pp_animal_362:

I just hope that vet realizes that he is working on the Alpha of Jeanspackistan ;)

there better be NO slip ups-if you know what i mean. :biggrin: Hope Kramer gets to come home tonight.

Anna what a girl..as Kim said she is truly AMAZING. :bravo::pp_animal_362:

p

I need that little rolling laughing face for these last two posts! :aktion033::P

Kim-I wonder if I would get blackballed from all the local vets offices like Elaine and the doctors on Seinfeld!

Paula-I should have mentioned that, if you know what I mean! BAH!

And yes, Anna-she's the real deal!

Okay! He's up! He's standing! He's a little out of it! They used the old dawg anesthesia, but it still hits him hard! He did two separate incision sites. Both look good he said (cocky :lol: ). Antibiotics for a while. They'll send the lumps out and about 10 days for results. He's gong to get his Adequan shot, too.

I can pick him up b/t 5-6 I'll probably bring Bella because she loves him and it's easier to control her greetings on a leash. She throws herself at him like a shameless HUZZY!

WE need an UPDATE!!!

I hope he is home!! So do u know what the "old guys anesthesia is???" Is it isoforane?

How is he feeling?? Is he sleeping a lot?

UPDATE!!!!!!

OK it can wait till tmw since u are focusing on Kramer--but don't keep us in suspenders--uh I mean suspense!

Hug Kramer for me...and Anna ,,,Maribel...all the fury ones!

Sorry! I should have updated. The morphine they gave him before he came home certainly worked. WOW, he was out of it. He couldn't even stand for more than a minute and then he'd just sink down. He did drink a lot (relatively) but it took the edge of his appetite for sure. This morning he's just getting a little canned food and some kibble. He starts his antibiotics, too. He has five days of amoxy just as insurance.

Today, he's better but has the saddest look possible. He followed me though and wants to be babied, so that's good. Of course, I think he looks like he's mad at me! I'll have to get him a burger after my meeting. That'll perk him up! He also wants to resume his duties in the pack already-so I have to separate him while giving him that job part time because he loves it. If I try to stop him too much, he loses that spark, so as long as they can be good around him it's fine. I've been just doing individual meetings for now because they do want to sniff him and also dogs will put on a good front so as not to appear weak, and he needs to rest more than posture! Nina has been hanging with him and is in her own world pretty much-which he likes-she doesn't pressure him for anything! But Mariele got to see him and he let her check out his incision-I don't know if anyone else will be allowed to! Bruno HAD to see him and Bella was with him all last night, being so good about being gentle (surprised that she could be that soft with him) and even brought him a stuffed toy in case he wanted it. Then, when she saw he didn't, she took it right back. She probably thought, PHEW, I didn't really want to give him the baby doll! So, the rest of the day the rest of the pack will get their turn and he will get some love and a lot of sleep and relaxation. THANKS!

Good morning Jean, just read about Kramer and hoping he will be okay!

I second MJ, you capture the most beautiful pictures and the way you tell your stories - when I read your posts, I feel as if I am there with you living the moment.

Enjoy your weekend and give Kramer a extra hug for me, and Anna, Nina, Marielle, Bruno and Bella (Did I leave anyone out?)

Sounds like you and Kramer have it all under control. May you both have a relaxing, rejuvenating weekend. Your dogs are so good and you have so much fun.

I just read about Anna's vet visit. It made me so happy to hear that she's happy and feels secure with you and your pack. This is what Happy Endings! is all about. :-)

Oh Yipppeee! Sounds like my boy is recuperating nicely. You are such an awesome mom Jean, and take the BEST care of your kids. I'm so glad that you have Kramer, and your special babes.

:hugs:

so as long as they can be good around him it's fine. I've been just doing individual meetings for now because they do want to sniff him and also dogs will put on a good front so as not to appear weak
Gee, Jean, ya mean ya didn't want to instantly subject him to the 'pack and the privledged'? So far it sounds like, at least individually, they're all recognizing that this outing was not to be privledged. Glad he's seeking babying and hope his recovery it quick.

Regarding: "I need that little rolling laughing face for these last two posts! "

It's too well merited to not be delivered as I too was IPB Image-so there you are!

Hope you and Kramer and pack are having a great day!

Martha Jane and Baila

Jean,

Your visiting Jade's thread, giving her so much support and promise, is deeply appreciated.

Finally have the breathing time to come here to read about Kramer. You're an incredibly strong, loving parent, and your pack surely feel that strength and love. They all respond with vigor.

So, Kramer's stoned but will recover, and Annalise weighed in but didn't poop out. Two wins in one family both so fortunate. They (you) give us all hope.

Edited by Jade Silverman's Mom

Oh my gosh, I've been out of town for over a week with no access to the internet. I didn't think I was going to survive the withdrawal!! And I missed Kramer's surgery. GEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!

I'm so glad to hear your boy is doing well, Jean. He is so gorgeous and such a character. Anna's story just gets better and better. And I'm in love with little Denny. He looks so much like Murphy. I've always thought she looked like a larger version of a Pom!

when I read your posts, I feel as if I am there with you living the moment.

Diana - you are SO right about that. I really think Jean should write professionally. Jean - just think how much money you could make and then you can buy a whole bunch of property and then we can all come live there and rescue cats and dogs and birds and bunnies and horses and all of God's creatures!!! :spot:butterfly::ferret::kittydrinking::scarecat::dal::four::runninghorse::bunny::turtle::pp_animal_362::pp_animal_556::EMOTITWOCATS:

I'll be back again to post. I didn't get to every thread I wanted to check and realized I should be awake tomorrow when I attend a training thing! No news on Kramer yet, but he's doing well and is as cute as ever. Anna was giving me hand kisses this morning-very sweet!!! And later, I was petting her and a spider landed on my arm and without thinking I screamed and threw my arm in the air. DUH. Scared her, but she came back a little while later for more petting and kind of looked at me like...idiot! Well, I really do need to go, just wanted to say hey!

Also if you want to Goodsearch for IMOM, please try searching for Annalise Pet Photo or Photograpy and see if it comes up-it hasn't for me yet, but I figure every time I try it, I make a little $ for IMOM!

Okay, just wanted to post this before I check on some PINS.

Kramer's vet called today with biopsy results from the two lumps.

The smaller lump was a skin gland type cyst and benign. Totally removed, no tumor cells in the margin.

The second, larger lump is a fibroscarcoma (just started goodsearch/googling) of the lowest grade, a grade 1. It is unlikely to spread but can recur in the same place so while I do lump checks anyway, will be very careful to lump check that area of his chest. If it were to recur, he'd just take it out again and remove more of the area around it. From my understanding, this is a good result compared to other things it could be.

Kramer goes Friday to have his stitches removed and get an Adequan shot so I can ask more questions from my research then. THANKS.

Diana-I'm not sure if you left anyone out-I do head counts when they go out the door and when they come in! Then I do roll call. :turtle5::turtle5: Bruno is notorious for hiding because he thinks if he shows himself, he doesn't get to go for a ride, or a walk, or something else that might be fun! Awww, thanks for the kind words, too. I appreciate that.

Juli-thanks! I think it's so neat to watch Ava and Anna together. When there is a noise and everyone starts barking, Ava runs to Anna. It reminds me of little kids in school and the bossy little girl the teacher assigns to watch over the new girl. And the new girl is appreciative, but maybe a bit smothered! Tonight I listened to Anna's heart and after I was done, Ava was all over her checking her out. By the way...that heart...sounds amazing! Like Tommy Lee is drumming in there (except hopefully it's cleaner...)!!!

Thanks, Laura! That is so nice of you to say. I can make myself a little nutty because I keep thinking that I found that lump through luck-a big tuft of his hair was sticking out and when I went to pluck it, it didn't come out. It was the lump! Your big boy is doing so well. I will give him a big hug from you (and a Denta-Stix-he loves those).

Martha Jane-thanks for posting that little laughing guy! Did I mention the Bruno thing the night I brought Kramer home? Bruno had gone with me to drop Kramer off. That's one of his jobs-the vet procedure drop off, or he goes batty all day looking for the missing dog (and I truly believe this goes back to when Mikko had to be put to sleep). So, he did the drop off, Bella did the pick up. Bruno did not SEE Kramer with his own little eyes that evening. That night, Bruno slept curled in a tiny ball right next to my head, which he never does-or hasn't since Mikko passed. I think he was really troubled by not seeing Kramer. Next day, he saw him, hung out with him and then slept in his normal spot that night! WEIRD.

So, Kramer's stoned but will recover, and Annalise weighed in but didn't poop out. Two wins in one family both so fortunate. They (you) give us all hope.

Jade's mom-you made me laugh so hard and then smile! Thank you so much! I haven't been on the board much lately and really want to get caught up on everyone's posts and pets!

Kris! Anna's Sanctuary! Wouldn't that be amazing. And Murphy and Mariele could be brought around on those things...whatever they're called, like Cleopatra! Thanks for saying that about my writing. It's fun to write about these guys because they are so funny. Right now, behind me, Anna, Ilsa, and Ava are playing some kind of biting/hopping game. And it's over and I get kisses! They really do make me laugh. Glad you are back online, btw! Denny does remind me of Murphy and Mariele. I just love those little foxy faces. I almost stole him that day!

So, yes, Anna's heart sounds good to me and this morning when I woke up, I saw that instead of being on the end of the bed in her spot, she was MUCH closer to me than she ever had been. This was after yesterday's very bold standing on the bed getting petted event. I wonder if she's got something up her sleeve for tomorrow morning!

Sign in to follow this