Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Kris S

Annalise BrightStar - rescue who will suffer NO MORE!

435 posts in this topic

Jacki,

I love what you did with Annalise's old thread. It's gorgeous and so easy to read. And the pictures are there!!! Is this the "My Idea" you posted about in the Test Forum? I didn't really understand what you were saying at that point, but now I do. Would we be able to do this with the other threads also? (I'm sure you know where I'm going with this one!). Maybe once you figure out all the logistics, we could all pitch in and help again?

Sorry Jean and Anna - didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Jean - I haven't ordered the shampoo yet, but it's on my list of things to do. I feel bad for Max too. That's how his ear got screwed up. He scratched it so much that he developed a hematoma. They had to put drains in it, and even though my vet said it would never look right, I tried everything - taping a toilet paper roll inside it, using multiple other round things, but nothing worked. It's OK cause it gave him character! Thanks for the name of the shampoo!

And of course, Ms. Micki is just gorgeous. I love her strutting through all those big, bad German Shepherds! :aktion033: Looks like our house - Max is even afraid of little Lucy - all six pounds of her!

Martha Jane-I stayed up all night that night! I got going on a project for work and couldn't stop! EEK! Thanks for the links-I am going to check out the threads on Baila. I appreciate you posting on all these threads-it makes people feel so welcomed and cared for. That is a huge part of IMOM-on that page that Jacki did for Anna she wrote something about the support that I would need and it was so, so true. So, thanks for that.

Also-I am trying to think of a challenge for my namesake, Jeannie, the foxy dog who reminds me a bit of Mariele! If anyone has any ideas...

Kris-no hijack! Good questions-isn't that Anna page so amazing. I love it. I didn't know that happened to poor Max's ear. It's bizarre where the allergies go on these dogs. And yes, Micki is ruler over all! I love Max so much for his patience-you need to post that picture of him in the little bed-did you put that here anywhere? SO funny.

I worked so much the past few days I had some time today to go to the sunflower field with Bella, Ilsa, and Mariele, and of course, the camera!

Sunflower Girls

Anna wanted to say hi, too!

IPB Image

Jean, Jean the picture queen!! Wow, scenes, models and camera eye. Love the sunflower pics. How could we not come here and visit just for the art?

I sure looked like you were up all night, but we didn't see much of you the next day! :) Oh, I LOVE your photo's. Anna looks like she's feeling more domesticated in that photo. Relaxed and lovely!

Martha Jane and Baila

OMG! This is my first visit to this thread--I'm completely blown away!

My misfortune, I wasn't at all successful with the links (Part I, etc.) came up empty paged. But found a source for enjoyment reading the resident thread.

Of course, typically, I became frazzled trying to figure out who was who; new kid on the block as I am. But your upbeat exchanges were very encouraging.

I cut and pasted the "How to Take A Picture..." and sent it to my dog-puppy-loving daughter, she'll probably do a mass mailing as a result.

No favoritism here, but I did get to see all the pictures of Mario (Maria's dog right? Or, am I foiled again?). What a star!!! The movie industry out here would be fighting over him. But he looks too smart to be taken by all that glamor and plastic.

This has been a smile-provoking experience. Keep up the momentum! And, thank you.

Jade's Mom, Francine

Francine,

I have started a tribute site for our Anna. If you want to read the beginning of her thread, up to page 13 (of 80) the link is below. You can start with my tribute to Anna and from there you start on her journey. You can get up to the time she had her surgery.

http://imom.org/ipb/archives/anna/

Thank you for forwarding the link Jacki. I think I can only digest 13 pp at a time. Annalise's "previous" life is an extremely difficult read. Fortune entered her life in the name of Jean. Anna's a true heroine. It sounds like she reversed her fear into endurance, steeled herself to face the challenge of healing, trusting her first experience with true selfless love. She knew she found her "home."

Reading these threads certainly deepens my connection and strengthens my faith. Keep clicking those ruby red shoes, we all want to go where the heart is...thanks for finding me in my travels and illuminating the road!

(footnote: Animal abusers share their space with murderers, should they not then share their cells in kind?)

Jean,

I"mmmm BBAACCKK :lol: The suflower series EXCELLANT :aktion033: All of the pics were fab.

Mariele and Ilsa look beautiful next to the yellow(been watching a lot of HGTV) while the computer was down. complimentary colors for sure.but then again i love all your pics.I loved the pic of all the sunflower heads(the first 0ne) would blow up great.

The Micki series was so funny-hmmm I thought Kramer was the alpha. ^_^ but looks like Micki has everyone's attention there.

pets to all members of the pack.

p

lost 2 of the emoticons in the move so lookin for more.

Hey, Anna, have u had ur Arby's today??? Tuckie wanted me to ask since today is his 6th birthday, and he has a feeling u would like Arby's over icecream!!!

Jean, thank u sooo much for the butt pics of the puppers. It definitely brought a big smile when I sorely needed one!! It was so sweet of u to take the time to get the pics for Tuckie--and of course for the puppers to show their butts!!! lol.

I too LOVE the sunflower pics too.

Girl, u are just an awesome photographer. U not only have the eye behind the lens, but also the heart behind the lens--what a perfect combo.

Hugs

So now we know where Paula disappeared to! Good to have you back Paula!

Andee is enjoying the cool weather, I bet the pack is too!

Mariele and Ilsa look beautiful next to the yellow(been watching a lot of HGTV) while the computer was down.

:lol: This gives new meaning to "color commentary." Glad you're back, Paula!!

Hi Jean, Anna is truly magnificent. I can honestly say she is one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen. With each new picture she seems to glow more and more. What an amazing transformation...

Jacki's tribute is also beautiful and really expresses the love and dedication you have for Anna.

There has to be something about black animals in general that really make them stand out and Jean has proven there truly is something special about black dogs.

I think it's because i like the colors orange and yellow. [i have an orange cat and a orange dog. hope anna and the pack are doing well.

p

Edited by paulajmnj

I can honestly say she is one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen.

So is our girl, Angel. There is a glow about animals who have suffered and then find somone to love and care for them.

Jacki, I agree totally.. Angel literally glows, the sparkle in her eyes get brighter everday.

Looking at Anna's earlier pictures you would never think she would come around the way she has. That truly is a miracle and proves that all they need is TLC.

Hi Jean, I already thanked you for visiting over on Baila's thread, but wanted to say Thank You again here. Have more to say, but not time now, so I too will be back later.

Martha Jane and Baila

Well, thank you!

I still haven't gotten my entire response done so wanted to post some pictures.

Mariele is a foster failure, and Mario is the cutie you all know, who is still a foster (no matter what anyone thinks)!

Foster Abuse!

And then here is the website I am working on for Annalise Pet Photography. I am having issues with the front/home page with some kind of little ..// problem so it's not all linked together correctly. Maybe someday!

Anna's a true heroine. It sounds like she reversed her fear into endurance, steeled herself to face the challenge of healing, trusting her first experience with true selfless love. She knew she found her "home."

That's beautiful!

Martha Jane and Francine-thanks for coming here and reading about Anna. I am always amazed when people go through and read her whole story (and I know it takes time-I read a few pages yesterday)! Glad you like the pictures-I've been taking dog pictures ever since I got Kramer-I discovered it was way more fun than taking pictures of people!

Speaking of pictures, threads, etc. JACKI! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANNA'S TRIBUTE SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that amazing or what! That was a lot of work, I know it was. From the minute we filled out the application to IMOM, Jacki has taken us under her wing and has done nothing but help and inspire us. :heart:

Paula-so glad you are back! YAY! HGTV! Yes! I first went past the field and then tried to figure out what dogs would look nicest against those colors. I thought the contrast with Bella would be nice, but the golden girls did do best! Well, having Bella along to help me with those two was still a very good idea!

Cindy-thanks so much-you let us know any time you need butt pics-I've got a whole pack of volunteers! Anna is going to get Arby's on Thursday-it's her annual vet visit. She wants Tuckie to feel better, too. And what a great compliment on the pics. :)

Linda-OMG! We are ALL loving this cooler weather. They actually want to play outside now instead of begging to go back in ASAP.

Looking at Anna's earlier pictures you would never think she would come around the way she has.

Diana-I totally agree with you. When I picked her up from the transport I thought wow...I wonder if she will turn beautiful with love or if maybe she won't be able to accept it? And of course, we know she did! Thanks so much for all your kind words.

Thanks again everyone, and again, Jacki-I treasure that site! Thank you!

Jacki has taken us under her wing

I'm a pushover for animals who have suffered abuse and finally get a chance to be well and loved.

That Denny is a doll baby! Makes me miss my lil orange dogs even more. I might have to get another one :pom2:

That Denny is so cute.Love the pic of him looking up with the tongue sticking out. :pom2: he is so handsome.

oh the website is staritng to look great.

p

Sign in to follow this