Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Kris S

Annalise BrightStar - rescue who will suffer NO MORE!

435 posts in this topic

IPB Image

Thank you, Kris! She's even going to send me the CD of the original thread complete with all the slappy guys, pee your pants persons, and pics! I can't thank you enough considering my difficulty figuring out how to do it on my own (how embarassing is that)!

Anna's Bath Day Pictures

Starting off the new old thread with pictures! It has been SO hot-better now, but I haven't finished complaining from previous weeks! :angry2::bitchslap2:

Everyone is itchy (well, not everyone) but they are all getting regular baths to try to help with that. Anna did great-she seemed to enjoy the cool water and just layed on the ground with very big eyes while she got shampooed. One side of her is a little cleaner than the other! After I finished and took the leash off she looked at me like "That's it?" Later, in the house, she came over and gave me a kiss on the hand and stood there for her petting time, so all is well.

You're welcome, Jean! My pleasure to get Ms. Annalise's thread over to the new board so that we can start hearing about her adventures again. Love her bath pictures - such a good girl! I should have done that this weekend. Poor Max really itches in the summer when it's so hot and dry. Maybe this coming weekend...

Nice to see Miss Anna has graced us with her presense :spot And I might add, looking more stunning than ever.

Thanks for moving her, Kris.

Good to see Anna is back up and running!

Oh Jean, so many dogs to bathe .... When we had 4 dogs, bathe day was an ALL DAY project!!! And the aroma of WET DOG lingered all week!

Awesome bath pictures!!! I"m glad Anna wasn't stressed by her bath. Sounds like she may have even enjoyed it!!

Hugs,

Annalise wants to play NOW!

How is the heat in CO lately, Kris? Poor Max! Thank you again and again for doing this. Jacki-what is with her-how can she keep getting prettier and prettier?!?! It's amazing! Hi Linda-you are not kidding about how long bath day takes! BUT, mine have shorter coats, I am betting so I think it goes faster. I have a system where one dog is leashed to my chair, the other is bathed, while the Allergroom sinks in, the other dog is bathed, then the first dog is rinsed...I got 8 done in two hours! And it's been so hot that they dry quickly, but the wet dog smell is not the best!!!! Allergroom, even though it's not perfumy has a very nice scent. Thankfully! Diana-I do think she enjoyed it. I really, really do! Isn't that something! Makes me smile!

THEN! I got everyone Advantage and of course you have to put it on them. (I hate putting that kind of stuff on them but wanted to make sure that the allergies weren't flea related-even though I haven't seen any and the vets and I have picked through their coats like chimp mommies) So, everyone got theirs and Anna watched. I said it would be nice if you would go to the door so that I could put yours on-I said this as we went inside. Put the Advantage on the cats while she watched and held up her tube and asked Anna if she could please go to a petting spot so I could get this stuff on her and don't you know-she went to the doorway, wedged herself in there, and waited for me to put the Advantage on! She kind of creeps me out! :ohmy:

Jacki-what is with her-how can she keep getting prettier and prettier?!?!

I don't know what it is, Jean. Each time I look at a new photo of her I say the same thing. "Anna can't possibly get any prettier". But she does. With each milestone she shows more of her beauty.

Maybe all of Anna's inner beauty is coming to the surface :)

Jean made this comment about Anna...

She has such vibrancy now-like she went from B/W to color!

Doesn't that just describe her transformation perfectly?? Her "color" is getting brighter and brighter - that's why she's geting more and more beautiful!

Jean, where do you get Allergroom? I've never seen it. Max itches all the time. It's so dry here and it's been really hot this summer (and yes - it's still waaaayyy too hot for me!). He won't stop itching until the temp drops to about 60 -- and that's about when I stop complaining too! :lol:

You know what it reminds me of-that movie Pleasantville with Reese Witherspoon. Of course, maybe not for the same reasons, but as they came alive, they also went from black and white to color. I can honestly say that this Anna does not look at all like the Anna I picked up off of a transport two years ago. My mom was waiting to help me with introductions when I brought her home and she said that she never thought she'd see her walking like a normal dog, never mind sashaying! Her inner beauty IS coming to the surface. She is a testament to what happiness can do inside and out.

Kris-I get the Allergroom from my vet, but KV Vet Supply also sells it. It's made by Virbac. My vet's office let me order it at their price so it equaled the KV price because I didn't have to pay for the shipping-I got a gallon of it! I like it because it's mild but does a great job cleaning them. You, Max, and I have the same heat threshold! :P

:spot

HELLO JEAN AND GANG AND ALL ANGELS!!!!!! PRECIOUS IS SENDING TWIRLS, KISSES AND HUGS!!!!!!!

WE HAVE REALLY MISSED YOU!

THINGS ARE GOOD. MY MOM (PRECIOUS' GRANDMOM) HAD A KNEE REPLACEMENT, SO WE WERE AWAY SINCE LATE JULY, BUT ARE HOME NOW!!!!

WE ARE LEARNING THE NEW IMOM SITE>>>PRESH SITS ON MY LAP AND SAYS>>>"MOM, THAT IS NOT HOW YOU PUT UP AN ICON!!!!!!"

LOVE LOVE LOVE AND SO MANY HUGS :wbd3:

Edited by mareanteasin

We need to get Marea a signature thingy! So glad to see you back, Marea! Don't stress trying to post everywhere (just here- :biggrin::bitchslap2: we have another slappy thing)!

I have some new pictures of my FOSTER Mario, trying to pick a new website picture, though I'm not sure I like any of them that well.

Mario for the Website

More Mario Silliness

Where's Paula-I think she'd like to see "little" Mario!

I love #3! He's adorable! It's hard to believe he's so big already!

Thanks for the info. on the shampoo - I'm going to order some.

Jean,

i'm having technical difficulties and EXTREME puter withdrawal :bitchslap2: i wish i could slap it straight.i miss you all.hopefully will get up and runnin soon.

anyhow I like number seven,he has a great gentle look,but why did his ears stop growing? :biggrin: love the pool shots and the Bruno-Mario playtime.

p

Jean -- #3 or #7!

But be sure Mario's Petfinder page specifies that he must have an Olympic-size pool. :rolleyes:

Well all Mario's pics are great!!! My fav is #3 and #6. But there isn't a one I don't like.

I think Anna is getting more and more beautiful becuz she is showing a reflection of the love u have for her, and she has for u--that love just keeps growing, as does her beauty.

:wbd3:

Might be too late but I've looked so many times I need to add my vote on Mario pics to 3,1 and 7.

Haven't finished Annalise's thread yet. Just got through Rocky's this week but have been trying to catch up on it since the old forum. Wow, what a story! .. And I LOVED all the pictures from the old forum. One thing is for certain, she continually gets more beautiful! What wonderful care you've given her!! She's one blessed dog now!

Martha Jane and Baila

Jean I just love the pix of Mario resting his head on the side of the pool. that is soooooooooo cute - can cool! What a expression!

Alos - I noticed what you are using for your signature - I GoodSearch for IMOM. http://www.goodsearch.com/ You are so clever and never miss a beat! Thanks for doing this!

Hi, I'd started reading through Anna's old thread back at the old forum and was able to continue for a while here but can no longer make the links work. Does anyone know if there is a way I can still access it? It was such an incredible story!

Jean you take wonderful photos. In fact, I have tried to catch Baila in the same moment of a run that you had one of Annalaise at the old site that i just loved! Finally caught one but as she had just gone behind a Ponderosa Pine all you see is her head and front and back legs totally missing the happy arch you showed us in Anna's picture. That one really stuck with me, but they were all amazing. I'd really like to keep reading the rest of the chapters if there is a way to access them.

You have really done some wonderful things!

Martha Jane and Baila

Jacki, That is beautiful ! Thank You!

Jean, You and Anna have such an inspiring story it's important and wonderful that Jacki is making sure we can all access it and doing such a wonderful job. Thank You for all the healing work you do with all these dogs! What a story!

Martha Jane and Baila

Hello! I have new pictures-these are based on Micki's outing in the yard. I love my little Micki (Miss Picki). I have found that she likes a bowl of ice with some water poured on top (water on the rocks?) and will sit and lap that up like she's a cougar at a mountain spring. She likes when the ice cracks, too!

Heeeere's Micki (with Anna pics of course): What is the cat doing outside?!?!

RE: Mario-I can't believe how big he's gotten either! He's still little, but big! His ears are hilarious. If they ever do stand he is very distracted by them and flips his head like those kids who let their bangs grow too long to cover their eyes to look cool, but are always moving the hair away! I am kind of glad they stayed down-I think he looks softer that way. I think I used picture 7 for the website but need to get one that's more well composed because his petfinder hits went way down. POOR BABY! I may have to lower my requirement from Olympic size to just a lap pool, Kim! He is a wonderful little guy. He LOVES Mariele-she was slamming him on to the ground yesterday and he was eating it up. I just have to make sure that he doesn't do it quite as hard back because of her knee. He is having a hard time understanding that.

Kris-how did that shampoo work? Did it help? I hope so. I feel bad for them when they itch.

PAULA! Get that computer fixed ASAP! We need all the comedy we can get!

I think Anna is getting more and more beautiful becuz she is showing a reflection of the love u have for her, and she has for u--that love just keeps growing, as does her beauty.

Wow, that gave me chills. Thank you, Cindy.

Martha Jane-I need to find Baila's thread-is there more than one-is that why I am confused? Thank you so much for reading Anna's story and for your compliments on the pictures-it's all I've been doing for years-photos of my pets! I wasn't sure if you meant the one on the GSD forum or this one? Here are the links to her GSD threads:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...part=1&vc=1 Very first one with first foster in VA

http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...part=1&vc=1 Second one

Current: http://www.germanshepherds.com/ubbthreads/...part=1&vc=1

She is really something! Right now she's laying right behind me. This girl does not want to miss ANYTHING!

Linda-yeah, I hope the Good Search link helps. I just did two searches earlier to make it $6.00 :P

Jacki-that site is so beatiful. It really means so much. I am so touched that Anna can be a part of people's lives. We are grateful, always.

Wow Jean, you are either an all night owl or a super early bird! :) It is so sweet that you've looked for Baila's thread. She started out in Behind the Scenes and then got moved to Ongoing Illnesses, Baila has not had the incredible obstacles of Anna. In fact, she has always had a fairly coddled indulged life. She doesn't even know what a raised voice sounds like. To catch up on Baila you could really just read the stories at the top of the each place and maybe scan for pictures but the pics are nothing like yours. You have a gift for it. Thanks for your interest. We just got fully sponsored yesterday!!

Must dash.. Thank you again for your wonderful work, stories and sharing it all with us!

Martha Jane and Baila

Sign in to follow this