Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Laura IMOM

My sweet Kitty girl

8 posts in this topic

Copied from old forum on 7/23/06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so very sad, we "nudged" my sweet girl over the bridge tonight. True to her fiesty nature, she went down fighting. Hissed at the vet several times, like she always did. But no matter how "hissy" she was at the vet she was ALWAYS the sweetest kitty at home, she loved me so much, probably as much as I loved her. I had her for 18 years, which sounds long but isn't, and I realize this as I sit here typing and missing her beautiful face already. Goodbye my girl, you had a great life and were a wonderful companion. My life was forever changed that day you walked up to me and claimed me as your purrson.

Laura and the rest of the kittes....

Kim

Local user

(8/26/05 11:05 am)

Reply | Edit | Del Re: One year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura, these anniveraries are hard. But think of all the animals you've opened your heart to in the year since Kitty went on her journey -- not just Polly and Twinkle and Cosmo but all the PINs you've helped here. I think your feisty old girl would be proud of her mom.

Juli IMOM

Board of Directors

(8/26/05 12:52 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del One Year

Laura,

I went back and read Kitty's entire thread. I know our girls are together at the Bridge along with Jake and Elvis. That gives me comfort - that they have each other - and I hope it gives you some comfort too. I know this is a sad day, but I hope you spend some time with good, happy memories of Kitty such as the times she liked to snuggle with you in bed. When you meet again, you can snuggle forever.

Hugs,

Juli

mareanteasin

(8/26/05 1:34 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del

Re: One Year

Quote:

When you meet again, you can snuggle forever.

so much for saying that.

Many blessings Laura,

Precious and Marea

Kay

(8/26/05 3:05 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del Re: One Year

Oh, Laura, our time with these precious creatures is so short, but the love, that's forever.

JeanKBBMMMAA

(8/26/05 8:19 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del Re: One Year

Laura-it must seem impossible for it to have been a year. I would love to see any pictures you had of Kitty. My thoughts are with you-she sounds like she was really something.

Laura imom

Committee Volunteer

(8/27/05 9:12 am)

Reply | Edit | Del

Re: One year

Thank you Linda, Marea, Kim and Kay...for your very kind words, it means allot to me that you all understand..

Juli and Judy, I can't tell you how much the thought of Kitty being with Jake, Button and Elvis comforts me. I was so upset and worried when she passed, because of her sometimes "snarly" attitude. But I know she's part of a little group of special cats, and not by herself

Jean, while thinking about Kitty yesterday, I also thought of you quite a bit, she absolutely hated the heat as well. In fact we often joked that she had two purrsonalities, "summer kitty" (aka. Leona the Queen of Mean) vs. "winter kitty", (Katrina, her russian name)...

Here are some pictures of her, from 19 years ago when she found us, right around this time of year.

Edited by: Laura imom at: 8/27/05 9:14 am

mareanteasin

(8/27/05 1:08 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del

Re: One year

so much for the pictures...how absolutely beautiful she is!

Precious and Marea

Juli IMOM

Board of Directors

(8/27/05 2:35 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del Miss Kitty

Laura,

She was gorgeous. I see where Stripeman got his good looks! Was Kitty a torbie or am I just imagining the orange in her coat? I love that whisp of long hair that comes out her ears. Did you style it for the pictures?

Is it a coincidence that Hurricane Katrina is barreling her way through the oceans and Florida on the anniversary of your fiesty summer girl's Bridge anniversary? It might be Kitty a.k.a. wintertime Katrina's way of saying "I'm ready for summer to be over."

Juli

JeanKBBMMMAA

(8/27/05 4:57 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del Re: Miss Kitty

Juli, I think you are right about Hurrican Katrina. What a beautiful Kitty. I had a foster I named Katarina (after the skater, because she was so close to being PTS-she was skating on thin ice) and I called her Kitty Katarina. I like your kitty all the more to know that she hated the heat.

Laura imom

Committee Volunteer

(8/27/05 5:42 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Miss Kitty

Juli, yes she was a torbie, she had quite a bit of orange fur and she had the most luscious coat. It was very dense, and soft. Her vets would always remark on it, it stayed beautiful, all the way to the end of her life.

Yesterday I stayed home from work (unscheduled oral surgery) and sacked in bed most the day. All day long I kept hearing about hurricane Katrina, and it made me think about my girl all the more. I think Juli and Jean are right, and it was a sign from Kitty. Thanks for pointing that I out, I completely missed the connection. My poor bridge kids, they are always sending me signs and I'm too dense to see them Thank goodness I have you guys around to point them out to me

I'm sure with all the rain from Katrina there were some wonderful rainbows..... Kitty just sent them to a different part of the country so her ma would be safe.

Laura

Antares and his mommy

(8/31/05 8:05 pm)

Reply | Edit | Del

Re: Miss Kitty

Laura,

What a beautiful girl she was. I am sure that she is playing at RB with Twinkle.

from Aline & angel Antares

Today is Kitty's 3rd "Bridge day" anniversary. It feels like she has been gone so much longer, she was such a fiesty girl, allot like my Chloe who looks like a short furred version of Kitty.

It's funny how much I still think about Kitty, out of all of my cats she had the longest, healthiest life. We found her as a stray, at about 3 years old. She lived with me another 18 years and was never sick until her last summer. What a cat! I went to a big family get together Friday night and we all traded "Kitty" stories, my family thought Kitty was a funny girl as well, we all laughed allot.

Thank you, Kitty...for walking into my life, and eventually leading me here. Although we miss you, we still celebrate the long, happy life you had, I wish every pet could be so fortunate :)

Laura, Kitty sounds like a special and amazing girl. How wonderful that she was loved by so many people in your family -- that is really sweet that you all traded stories and laughed together remembering her.

She was with you for 18 years -- wow. How great it is that you were able to share so many years together.

Big hugs to you on Kitty's Bridge day.

Hugs to you on this day of memories. Kitty sounds like she was a wonderful baby. You are lucky she walked into your life and you had her all those years although they are never enough when you love a furbaby so much.

Love and prayers

Sometimes I think it is unfair that life goes on when we loss a loved one. But if life did not continue we wouldn't be able to make new memories with our current fur-kids.

I am glad that you had so many wonderful memories of Kitty, 18 years is a long time, but never long enough.

Kitty sounds as if she was extremely special and I am sure she is in RB sharing the same memories with her furry friends.

Aw Laura - I am sorry I wasn't here to help you Honor Kitty's Bridge Day.

Sending you lots of collie hugs.