Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

k9sign

Merlin Rich-Barrows, 1993-2006

41 posts in this topic

Oh, Laurie, i know this is a hard day for u and Larry.

I, like Kim, am amazed that Bleys and Caine didn't leave Merlin's side while he was sick. They def were the 3 amigo's.

I imagine Bleys and Caine still see their brother and hang with him, becuz I am sure he is visiting u often.

Please give an extra special snuggle to Bleys and Caine and ask them to pass it on to Merlin for me.

Laurie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Larry today on the 1st anniversary of Merlin crossing to the RB. He was a beautiful boy. I know how hard it is as I look at pictures of Casey every day as well. Merlin and Casey are watching over us and their fur brothers and sisters.

Warmly,

Patricia and Lucy :eight:

Laurie, my thoughts and prayers are with you too. Merlin was a beautiful boy and he will always be in your heart.

Laurie - I think the first year anniversary of the Bridge Day is the hardest. Sometimes it just feels like yesterday - but also the "missing them" seems like eternity.

Lots of hugs coming your way.

And another year has passed since I last kissed my sweet Merlin.

He was such a sweet, funny, and goofy kid. A big lovable dude who would purr like crazy if you'd just look at him. He had a big rumbling purr that you could hear from across the room.

He was a really cuddly guy, too. He and Bleys and Caine used to spend hours and hours curled up together in all sorts of places. I'd sometimes come across the three of them crammed into one very tiny kitty bed -- legs and feet and heads and tails and bellies all hanging over the sides of the bed. It was so funny, and so sweet.

I thought I'd post a few of my favorite pictures of Merlin. Several of them are with his furry family, because he seldom slept alone.

Merlin, your dad and I miss you so much. We shared many wonderful years together, but it was not long enough. (It never is, is it?)

Here's Merlin under the Christmas tree:

merlin_xmas.jpg

And Merlin atop a different type of tree. That's Caine just below him, then Bleys, then Fiona. This kitty tree was their Christmas present one year. We didn't pose them -- this is what they all spontaneously did when Santa delivered the kitty tree.

merlin_tree.jpg

Here are Merlin and Caine, cuddling oh-so-sweetly:

merlin_cuddle.jpg

This is one of my all-time favorite photos of Caine, Bleys, and Merlin. I call it the "caboose photo" because Merlin is at the end of a kitty train.

merlin_caboose.jpg

I've posted this one before, but I love it so much I will post it again. Merlin cuddling up in the toasty sheets, right out of the dryer.

merlin_laundry.jpg

Such a handsome boy:

merlin_2005.jpg

Awwwww...how sweet he looked. I love the pictures of them all snuggled together and their Christmas cat tree. I hope that he is able to let you know he's thinking of you today as well. Take care.

Laurie, I'll take your word for it that Merlin was incredibly sweet. But I can see for myself that he was gorgeous.

He knows how much you and Larry and his brothers miss him. He knows. :heart:

There is something special about a LBK and I can tell Merlin was one special boy. I love all the pictures. The cat tree picture...are you sure you didn't pose them? That is a great picture. I love the cat train picture too. You can see how little Coot is compared to Merlin. I can see why you miss that boy, he had lots of personality. I hope he visits you in your dreams real soon.

Juli and Cooper

Thinking of u and Larry today.

The pics are super. I LOVE the Christmas tree and how everyone situated themselves. Are they in order of who is alpha??

Merlin looks very sweet--and also like he was a character!

In the caboose pic--Bleys has now graduated to Cootductor.

Hugs,

Are they in order of who is alpha??

Cindy, that's a very interesting observation -- one I had never thought of before.

And yes, you are right! Merlin, who was a gentle soul, wouldn't take an ounce of guff from anyone -- not even Caine, who is sometimes a bit of a bully. (I almost hate to say this because it sounds so bad, and Caine is such a sweetheart. But he can be a little $%#@ sometimes too.)

Bleys is lower on the totem pole, but I think that's because he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. And Fiona, well, she's a little girl.

How cool that you noticed this!

Hi Laurie,

I am so sorry that I missed Merlin's bridge day, I so vividly remember when you first posted about his illness two years ago. He was a beautiful kitty and I know you must miss him terribly. I hope he visits you often, certain angels of mine do and it is very comforting. Thank you for posting the pictures....he was just gorgeous.

Sending hugs to you and Larry,

Laura and the bratz...

It's hard to believe that it's been 3 years since Merlin went to the Bridge. In some ways it seems like such a long time... and in others it seems just like yesterday.

I will never forget the day we had to let our handsome boy go. He had so much life in him still. It was so hard and painful to say goodbye, but his pain was increasing, and we could not ask him to stay with us any longer.

We love and miss you, sweet Merlin. You were a funny, goofy, cuddly boy. Thanks for choosing us to be your people.

Thinking of you, Larry and Merlin on the third anniversary of his passing. Each year that passes makes you miss them more and want them back home. Merlin was such a handsome LBK!

Love,

Juli and Cooper

Thinking of u, Larry and the kitties-with gladness that u had the love of such a sweet kitty, and with sadness that I know ur heart still hurts.

Love and hugs,