Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

k9sign

Merlin Rich-Barrows, 1993-2006

41 posts in this topic

This topic was copied and pasted from our old community on 7/23/06

Merlin Barrows-Rich, 1994-2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am completely devastated. I have just learned that our sweet kitty and fur-son Merlin has cancer. It's a very aggressive type of cancer in his mouth, in an inoperable area.

We have maybe a month left with him -- maybe a lot less.

Me, my husband Larry, and our wonderful vet all agree that there's no point in putting him through chemo and radiation treatment. Because the cancer is inoperable, it's not likely that treatment would extend his life in any way, but would instead just make his final days with us miserable and painful.

So we will spend however many days we have left together keeping him as happy and comfortable as possible. I already told him he is allowed to have as much tuna as he wants.

Once I get done crying so damned much and so damned hard, I'm going to do everything in my power to always be positive around him. I know how upset he gets when his mommy is upset.

It seems impossible to me right now that I should be put in a position of having to make a call about when it's time for him to leave this world, but he will let me know when he's ready and I will not keep him here with me longer than is right for him.

So many of us here have been through this so many times, and will go through it again. It is such a blessing to share our love and our lives with these beautiful furchildren of ours, and it is incredible agony when we must say goodbye.

I wanted to share some pictures of Merlin. I hope you smile when you see them. They make me smile, but right now they also break my heart.

Laurie

Merlin (cudding with Caine, bottom)

Doing one of his favorite things in the world -- sleeping

Holiday kitty

Contemplating badness in closet (his tongue always comes out when he's misbehaving)

Head inside bag in search of "Feline Greenies" treats, which he loves

"Helping" mom fold sheets on laundry day

Edited by: laurieadrienne at: 2/21/06 7:45 pm

Kim

Local user

(2/3/06 9:04 pm)

Reply Re: Merlin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Laurie. I am so, so sorry. This is bringing back memories of when I got similar news on my boy Beanie. If I can offer you anything besides an electronic hug it is to advocate for pain management for Merlin. I was fortunate to have one of Beanie's vets give me Fentanyl patches for him when the pain started to inhibit his eating. It only bought us maybe one more week, but every day is precious.

Merlin's a gorgeous boy. Thanks for sharing his pics.

paulajmnj

(2/3/06 9:06 pm)

Reply RE:Merlin

Laurie,

I am so sorry to hear this awful news......

Merlin is so handsome and a big boy. just take it day by day and enjoy what time he has left with you.That pic of him helping you with the laundry is great.thanks for posting them.

I am so very sorry ...i wish i could make it all better.

p

Edited by: paulajmnj at: 2/3/06 9:08 pm

Judy Leathers

(2/3/06 9:31 pm)

Reply Re: RE:Merlin

Laurie, I am so sad for you...Merlin is such a beautiful boy...my heart is aching for you...

I can understand your comment about being strong for him. Isn't it something how they can sense when things just aren't right...

You spend quality time with him, snuggle and hug...as it's been said before, he doesn't know he's sick right now so he can just be himself...enjoy him and take photos...We will all be here for you...Judy

Sean Mom

(2/3/06 9:41 pm)

Laurie, count me in as another shoulder to cry on. I have a fondness for black cats, we lost our black persian cat a year ago January. Knowing when is the right time for them vs. the right time for us is so difficult. It doesn't matter whether it's the first time you are going through this or whether you have been down this road many times. It's always devastating. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you.

Laura imom

Committee Volunteer

(2/3/06 9:43 pm)

Re: RE:Merlin

Laurie,

I am so sorry....what heartbreaking news. Merlin is a beautiful boy. I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain, but I know there is not....

We're all here for you, whenever you need us.

Laura

Edited by: Laura imom at: 2/3/06 9:44 pm

kshort13

(2/3/06 10:29 pm)

Laurie,

I am so sorry. Merlin looks so healthy and happy and I have a fondness for black kitties too. My black kitty particularly likes to help with the laundry also. I don't have any words to ease your pain, but know that we'll all be here for you. Give that handsome boy a big hug and kiss from me and mine...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kris

Murphy, Sheltie/Keeshond mix

Max, GSD

Taz, rescue gray kitty

Chessy, rescue B&W tuxedo kitty

Jacki, rescue Black DSH

Lucy, rescue gray & white DMH

JeanKBBMMMAA

(2/3/06 10:36 pm)

What a beautiful boy he is. I am so very sorry. He just looks so content. I am glad that Kim mentioned pain management-I hope that's a growing field of study in veterinary medicine.

My cat Micki loves her greenies, too-the chicken flavor. I'll be thinking of Merlin when she gets hers every morning.

Linda IMOM

Committee Volunteer

(2/3/06 11:28 pm)

I am so sorry to read this. I know how tough this is, when Lady was diagnosed, our focus and attention was alll about Lady, and we catered to her needs plus we REALLY spoiled her.

Give Merlin a snuggle for me. Remind him he's the "worlds best kitty".

Collie Hugs - Linda aka ellgee

Please click below to visit my furbabies

community.webshots.com/album/134598199QrXRlg

Please visit Monty's memorial page

www.svcsr.org/notforgot/monty.htm

Monty's IMOM PIN page

p088.ezboard.com/fimomcommunityfrm3.showMessage?topicID=88.topic

Diana S IMOM

Board of Directors

(2/4/06 12:56 am)

Laurie,

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. It may help to join groups.yahoo.com/group/feline-cancer/ for some support, and info on things that may help him.

Right now, he doesn't know he has cancer - he just knows you are sad. Cuddle him as much as you can - and spoil him. Take lots of pictures - though I can see you already do. He is absolutely gorgeous!!

I wish I could do more than cyberhugs - I'm here if you need me.

Now remember one thing - the timeframe is the doctor's best guess. Merlin may plan on sticking around longer than that. I surely hope so.

Have you consulted an oncologist? Dr. Rogers Fred (yes, his first name is Rogers, last name is Fred), in Redbank NJ, does do phone consults from what I read on the lymphoma list.

Nancy sent me these poems once - I'll share them with you.

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot destroy peace

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot suppress memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot steal eternal life

It cannot conquer the spirit.

Another version of this Poem:

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is SO limited.

It CANNOT Cripple Love

It CANNOT shatter hope

It CANNOT Corrode Faith

It CANNOT Eat Away Peace

It CANNOT Destroy Confidence

It CANNOT Kill Friendship

It CANNOT Shut Out Memories

It CANNOT Silence Courage

It CANNOT Invade the Soul

It CANNOT Reduce Eternal Life

It CANNOT Quench the Spirit

--unknown

Sending lots and lots of

cindyimom

Administrator

(2/4/06 10:32 am)

I'm so sorry, Laurie. Thank you for sharing his pictures - his purrrr-sonality really shines through, as does your love for him.

I hope he is able to be with you for many days. I'm sure each one will be both precious yet heartbreaking.

smalk50

(2/4/06 10:44 am)

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry to read such terrible news. You have already gone to the ends of the earth and back with

Caine and now this.

Merlin is such a handsome guy and his photos seem to show his love of life. And as Diana said, none of these diagnoses are etched in stone - he doesn't know that he is sick or how much time that he has left....

Sending many cyber hugs your way to try and comfort you during this time.

5 and a little

Chris

Not to raise your hopes and I'm sure that you have learned as much as possible about Merlin's condition but here are a couple more links that might be helpful:

www.wholisticanimal.com/a...?intl=true

www.geocities.com/feline_...ll_cancer/

Juli IMOM

Board of Directors

(2/4/06 11:59 am)

Reply Merlin

Laurie,

So sorry to hear this news. Your boy is beyond handsome. I like the picture of him helping with the Christmas tree lights. May you and your husband have many more days with Merlin. He must know how much you love him and will take that love with him when it is his time to go on.

Hugs,

Juli

laurieadrienne

Local user

(2/4/06 12:58 pm)

Reply Thank you

To all of my friends here at IMOM, I'd like to thank you for your support, sweet and kind words, and suggestions. They are invaluable to me. I am a lucky woman to have such a caring group of friends.

Kim, thank you for bringing up pain management. I'm with you on this. I will do everything I can to completely omit pain that Merlin is feeling. We started him on pain meds on Thursday, immediately after the diagnosis was made. He's receiving Buprenex -- I dose him .75 to 1 ml twice a day. I haven't used Buprenex before so don't know a lot about it. I'm going to talk with my vet in more detail next week about the pros/cons of Buprenex versus Fentanyl, which I'm more familiar with.

Paula, thank you for your words. It's important to me to remember that I need to take it day by day. It can be hard for me to do this in situations like this, so reminders are good.

Judy, I will definitely be taking lots of photos of Merlin. With five cats in the house, I don't always stop and take the time to snap cute shots when they're occurring (there are so many of them!) but Merlin will indeed be receiving a lot of photographic attention in the coming days.

Sean, I'm so sorry that you lost your black Persian a year ago.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support.

Laura, it is so important to me to have support from my friends here at IMOM; thank you for being here for me.

Kris, Merlin is having his breakfast right now (fortunately he still has quite the appetite) and as soon as he's done I'm going to give him a big hug and kiss from you and your family.

Jean, I love the idea of you thinking of Merlin when you give Micki her morning "Greenie fix." Merlin is so addicted to them, we call them "kitty crack."

Linda, you're so right that it's important to focus 10000% of our attention on our furbabies when they are ill. I know you lavished all of your love and care on Lady -- I know you spoiled her rotten. It makes me happy to hear this, I know she deserved every bit of it. My hubby and I are already hard at work thinking up a zillion ways we can spoil Merlin (more than we already do...)

Diana, thank you for the Yahoo Groups link. I'll be joining the group today. I have a lot to learn about feline cancer -- I have never been through this before with any of my furkids. And thank you for the reminder that the timeframe is just the doctor's best guess. My head knows this, but it's hard for my heart to remember. I hope Merlin has many, many weeks here with us. I am going to be meeting with an oncologist early next week (the veterinary hospital where I take the kitties has two oncologists on staff). And thank you so much for sharing the beautiful poems.

Cindy, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad that Merlin's purrrr-sonality comes through in his photos. He's such a sweet and loving kitty, always purring and cuddling.

Chris, you are right that Merlin has such a love of life. He's a funny, rather goofy guy and he's always cracking us up. I sincerely appreciate the additional links that you provided. I'm going to be spending a lot of time over the next many days learning more about this, and all suggestions for additional reading are so incredibly appreciated.

Juli, Merlin loves it that you called him handsome. He was funny when we were taking the Christmas pictures. He really didn't know what in the heck all of those "thingies" were, or why we plunked him down in the midst of them. The Christmas series with him and our other furkids always makes me laugh.

And to everyone, thank you again for being here for me and for sending so many cyberhugs my way. I cannot tell you how much that means to me.

Laurie

Diana S IMOM

Board of Directors

(2/4/06 2:11 pm)

Re: Thank you

We're here for you Laurie!

I found some more links for you:

www.haileybell.homestead.com/Index.html

www.gcvs.com/oncology/index.htm

www.perseusfoundation.org/

I know you'll find support at the yahoo cancer list. VERY knowledgable people. It was too depressing for me to post when TC was first diagnosed, but I did read and learn what I could.

Sending lots and lots of

k9sign

(2/4/06 2:58 pm)

Reply | Edit Re: Thank you

Laurie, I am so sorry for this devastating news. It sounds like u have a great attitude with spoiling Merlin as much as possible (as if u don't already, I am sure), taking lots of pics and being sure to have great pain control. Merlin could not have a more purrrrfect mom.

It will get harder when the appetite goes down, so be sure to have a plan of some food options, so u can still get nutrition and calories into Merlin. I am so happy though he has a good appetite now--gives u a bit of time to let this sink in a little.

Many hugs to both u and Merlin--who by the way is an awesome looking dude!!!

Diana S IMOM

Board of Directors

(2/4/06 8:02 pm)

You should join groups.yahoo.com/group/Feline-Assisted-Feeding/ too. They taught me a lot about syringe feeding (by mouth) to help get nutrition into the cat. I ended up asking for a tube, and am very glad I did. That decision will need to weigh the potential benefits vs. the quality of life/time left. But syringe feeding by mouth, will buy you time too.

There are SO many lists! If you know the name of the type of cancer, there may be a list specific to that too. I know there was one for lymphoma.

Thinking of you and Merlin!

Kay

(2/5/06 9:38 am)

Reply Merlin

Oh, Laurie, that is such devastating news. I am so very sorry. I know every day we are given with our furry ones is a gift, but each moment becomes precious when we know the time is short.

Jacki IMOM

Administrator - IMOM Founder

(2/9/06 1:01 pm)

ezSupporter

Re: Merlin

Laurie,

I am so sorry to read this. Spend every moment you can with your sweet kitty.

We are here for you whenever you need us.

Diana S IMOM

Board of Directors

(2/10/06 4:55 pm)

Re: Merlin

Thinking about Merlin and you - got you both in my thoughts and prayers.

laurieadrienne

Local user

(2/10/06 11:33 pm)

Hi everyone, thank you again for keeping us in your thoughts. It really does mean so much to me.

I think we are doing well with the pain management. It took a number of days to get the meds just right, but I don't think Merlin's feeling much if any pain right now.

Fortunately his appetite is great. One thing we have in our favor, he has always LOVED his food. Eating too little has never been a problem for him. I know a time will come when he's not able to eat, but for now, I am taking advantage of his appetite and feeding him very generously, because he loves it so much, plus giving him lots of treats of course.

It's so hard to believe when I look at him that he is sick. Other than being a bit out of it at times from the pain medication, he just seems pretty much like his normal self right now.

His dad and I have been taking a lot of pictures of him. I think we take about 20000% more pictures of our furry children than we do of people.

So Merlin is doing okay right now. But when I stroke underneath his chin, I can feel the tumor -- it's in an inoperable area in his mouth. I feel it grow bigger every day, and my heart just hurts so much.

Laurie

paulajmnj

(2/11/06 7:41 am)

Laurie,

to you and Merlin. Keep thinking positive he can still eat and is comfortable.give that sweet boy pets from all of us.

p

laurieadrienne

Local user

(2/21/06 7:44 pm)

Reply Merlin Barrows-Rich, 1994-2006

Today at about 3:20, our sweet Merlin, he of the delicious kitten belly and the masterful jump-up trick, crossed from this life to whatever comes after.

Although our hearts are so heavy with sadness that he is no longer with us, we feel joy and relief that he is no longer in pain.

We will miss you so much, our sweet furry purry son. Our 12 years with you were a blessing and a gift, and our lives are all the richer for having been able to share time with you. We are grateful that you chose us to be your parents.

Laurie and Larry

k9sign

(2/21/06 7:52 pm)

Reply | Edit Re: Merlin Barrows-Rich, 1994-2006

Oh, Laurie,

I am so very sorry.

I know Merlin is at RB totally healthy and pain-free, waiting till someday he sees his mum and dad again.

Sadly,

Linda IMOM

Committee Volunteer

(2/21/06 8:31 pm)

Re: Merlin Barrows-Rich, 1994-2006

I am so sorry Laurie, I know how difficult this is, thank you for being such a good mum and giving him a wonderful life.

Monty's IMOM PIN page

Frankenmuth2

(2/21/06 8:45 pm)

Laurie;

May God wrap you in his loving arms and hold you tight as you mourn the loss of your sweet and handsome Merlin! May he join the host of angelic angels that watch down on us all! Abby and I saw a bright star this evening and thought it was Venus, I now know it was Merlin watching down from the Rainbow Bridge!

;

Nancy

Kay

(2/21/06 10:25 pm)

Quote:

Our 12 years with you were a blessing and a gift, and our lives are all the richer for having been able to share time with you.

Laurie, these words are so true; we are blessed with whatever time these precious creatures can stay with us. I am sorry, though, that there was no more time. There is never enough time.

You have my deepest sympathy at the loss of your precious boy.

Kay

paulajmnj

(2/22/06 12:26 am)

Reply RE:Merlin

Laurie,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy

if only words could heal.....my deepest condolences to you.

Paula

Diana S IMOM

Board of Directors

(2/22/06 12:26 am)

Laurie,

My with yours. Cancer is such a horrid disease, so unfair to everyone involved. I'm sorry your baby had to leave, but I know he's had a most wonderful life with you. There are many angels at the Bridge, welcoming him, and teaching him how to make rainbows. I hope you can get some comfort knowing he is free from pain. I pray that he visits you often.

Lots of

Diana S IMOM

Board of Directors

(2/22/06 12:34 am)

I added a candle.

www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm

Type in Merli

Lots of

Laura imom

Committee Volunteer

(2/22/06 10:48 am)

Laurie and Larry,

You have my deepest sympathies on your loss of dear Merlin, these sweet souls leave such a hole in our lives when they go. I hope that time will ease your grief and heal your heart......although I know he will always be missed, but never forgotten.

Laura

smalk50

(2/22/06 1:46 pm)

Reply Re: Merlin Barrows-Rich, 1994-2006

Laurie,

I am so very sorry to hear about Merlin's passing..... I guess all of us were hoping for a miracle for your sweet guy.

Just be sure that while he was with you, he lived the life that a cat should live - loved, treasured and cared for in the best possible way. And that he is now with all of the other pets that have gone ahead to the Bridge - healthy and happy and waiting to rejoin your family once the time comes...

Chris

Kim

Local user

(2/23/06 1:12 pm)

Oh Laurie, I just saw the news. I was thinking about you and Merlin last night and was going to jump on the forum today with a quick hi. Dammit, I'm sorry you didn't get more time with your boy. But it has always come through so clearly that you and Larry cherish every day with your kids, in good times and bad, and Merlin was blessed to have had such wonderful parents and feline siblings.

Let us know how you're doing, OK? Electronic hugs from me and the feline herd.

Judy Leathers

(2/23/06 2:58 pm)

Laurie, I am so sorry to read that Merlin has gone to the Bridge...It is such a hard thing to deal with...know that we all care.

You and Larry gave Merlin a wonderful life...he was happy and loved...that's so important.

I hope that soon you will be able to think back to all the wonderful memories that you have...He will always share a piece of your heart...Judy

Laurie

Local user

(2/23/06 8:44 pm)

Laurie,I am so very sorry for the loss of Merlin.I know there are no words to ease your pain but please know we care and are here. Only time will help heal but Merlin will be with you forever. Thank you for being such a wonderful furmom.I am so deeply sorry.My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love Laurie,Kori and family

laurieadrienne

Local user

(2/24/06 6:16 pm)

Reply Thank you

Thank you everyone for your kind words and your friendship. I can't tell you how much it means to me.

Although I still have periods of intense sorrow, sadness, and crying, it is slowly getting better. I know I will always miss my sweet kitten, but it was really time to help him on his way, as his pain was growing too great. I do find great relief knowing Merlin is no longer hurting, though I miss him so terribly and wish so, so much that we could have had more time together.

Laurie

Kim

Local user

(3/14/06 7:47 pm)

Reply Re: Thank you

Laurie, just checking in to see how you're doing.......

laurieadrienne

Local user

(3/20/06 12:16 pm)

Reply Re: Thank you

Hi Kim, thanks so much for touching base. Larry and I are doing fine, though we miss Merlin so very, very much. I was grieving really hard the first 2 weeks after his death, but slowly the immediacy of the pain is lessening.

The house sure does feel empty without him, though (in spite of the other 4 kitties who allow us to share the house with them).

I hope you are doing well.

Laurie

Linda IMOM

Committee Volunteer

(3/20/06 8:36 pm)

Laurie, I am so glad you stopped in, I was worrying about you.

Monty's IMOM PIN page

Diana S IMOM

Board of Directors

(3/21/06 6:49 pm)

Sending , I know how empty the house must feel. I do hope Merlin has found ways to show you signs of him visiting.

laurieadrienne

Local user

(4/19/06 4:11 pm)

Reply 2 months...

It's now been almost 2 months since Larry and I had to say goodbye to Merlin. While the immediate, agonizing pain of losing him is lessening, there is so much around me to remind me of him and I think of him every day. Mostly now it's with a smile, as I think of something funny or goofy he would do (he was a pretty silly kid) but sometimes it's still with tears.

Springtime is finally arriving here in Sacramento, after an extended and very wet winter. The oak tree over Merlin's grave in our backyard is starting to sprout leaves, finally, and the plants around his grave are starting to fill out and bloom. Merlin's resting place is so peaceful and calm, and it makes me both happy and sad to look out my back window and see it, or to take a walk in the garden.

Laurie

**end copy and paste**

It has been 6 months since our beloved furkid Merlin went to the Bridge. In some ways it feels like it's been forever since I last cuddled with him; in some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that I last heard his loud, rumbly purr.

Although our house is always full of kitties, there's an empty spot on the couch where Merlin used to sit next to me, with his body stretched out next to mine and his butt touching my leg. (He always loved to sit with his butt touching people -- guess it was just his way of feeling "connected.")

I sure do miss my boy!

Laurie

I know how hard this is for you, Laurie. We all know and we are here for you.

Why don't you re-post the photos that got lost when we moved? I would love to see them again.

Laurie, the old saying is time heals everything, I don't totally agree, it has been over 2 years since I lost my beloved cat Jasper who I had for 16 wonderful years.

Everyday I look for him and I have his pictures throughout the house so I don't forget. I have had many cats before but there is always that SPECIAL ONE, like Magic and for me that was and still is my Jasper.

So you continue to remember Merlin and count the days since you last had your arms around him. It will keep his memory alive and I am sure he knows how you are feeling and he misses you and his family as well.

Sincerely,

Diana

Jacki, Juli, and Diana, thank you so much for your sweet and kind words, and your support and friendship. I can't tell you how much that means to me.

I'm happy to repost the photos of Merlin... I'm always happy to show off how handsome my boy was.

Laurie

IPB Image

Merlin (cudding with Caine, bottom)

IPB Image

Doing one of his favorite things in the world -- sleeping

IPB Image

Holiday kitty

IPB Image

Contemplating badness in closet (his tongue always comes out when he's misbehaving)

IPB Image

"Helping" mom fold sheets on laundry day

And here's one of my favoritest-ever photos of my big goofy kitten boy, taken just 5 days before he left us:

IPB Image

Great pix - I am sure you miss him terribly, what a fun boy, especially helping with the laundry - I love that picture!

Lots of Hugs!

Thank you, Laurie, for posting the pics. Something very special about those little black kitties.

I'd have to say my fav is the one with him helping with the laundry. Always a fun thing for cats :magicmoon:

Laurie, Merlin really was (excuse me, is..... he's just on a different "floor" now) gorgeous. And you can tell that he's a character!

That last photo means so much. Boy, if all our kitties could be relaxed and happy in a patch of sun so near their RB date........

That last photo means so much. Boy, if all our kitties could be relaxed and happy in a patch of sun so near their RB date........

Kim, you are so right. I think that's why this photo means so much to me. Merlin was no doubt in at least some pain at the time this photo was taken (though we were working hard to manage it as much as possible). So though it was a very hard time and my sweet boy didn't feel good, he was still able to relax in the sun and purr and give and get lots of love.

Kim is right. I don't admit that much. I wish I had more pictures of Button before her RB date. The last one I had was a month and a half old. Laurie, please post more Merlin pictures!!!

Please post more Merlin pictures!!!

Twisted my arm.... :)

Bleys and Caine didn't leave Merlin's side the last 3 weeks of his life. (Nobody's ever going to be able to tell me that kitties don't know when their family members are sick!) Although the three of them were always somewhat cuddly together, during the last 3 weeks of Merlin's life, Bleys and Caine went with him everywhere. Whenever Merlin laid down, Bleys and Caine laid down with him. Merlin never slept alone, as far as I could ever see.

In the photo below, that's Merlin on the left, then Bleys, then Caine.

IPB Image

In the photo below, that's Bleys on the left, Caine on the right, and Merlin being a warm and furry kitty sandwich at the bottom.

IPB Image

This photo was taken the day before Merlin went to the Bridge. (The "kitty yarmulke" is a Fentanyl patch.)

IPB Image

This is the last photo I ever took of my sweet boy...

IPB Image

It has been 9 months since Merlin left us. 9 months since I last tickled his kitten belly and gave him kisses and told him that I loved him.

Merlin, I think about you so frequently and I see your pictures every day.

Your mom and dad miss you!

I loved going thru the pics again. What adorable kitties. They obviously loved one another. I know they must miss Merlin too.

I know this has to be particularly hard since Bleys has been so sick. I know Merlin is watching over u...and of course Bleys.

Hugs

Hi Laurie,

I was just checking "new posts" and ran across Merlin's thread. What a beautiful boy and it is so sweet that Bleys and Caine stuck to him so closely until the very end. I know how difficult it is to get over the passing of our furkids. I still get choked up over cats that I lost over 20 years ago. I have a Merlyn too but your Merlin looked exactly like my Lance. My Merlyn has longer hair. Actually, I have a Merlyn, a Lancelot and a Gwenyvere (Lance and Gwen to their friends). They all want to send you head butts for being such a kind and caring Mom. Thank you for sharing your pictures of your sweet boys.

Lynette

Laurie, I had never seen your pictures of Merlin before. Anniversaries are so hard, aren't they. He is a beautiful LBK and I'm sure is playing with my JR & Honey & Maggie at the Rainbow Bridge. It was good to see Bleys & Caine also. Give all the furbabies hugs & kisses & chin scritches from me & mine.

Sending you an electronic hug, Laurie. If our pain in losing them is equivalent to how much we loved them, no wonder it hurts so damn much.

Bleys and Caine didn't leave Merlin's side the last 3 weeks of his life.

I have to tell you that this is really extraordinary. For the most part my beasties all get along, but they've never been like this when one was about to leave us. Nor do I hear of my friends' cats closing ranks like this. Your boys are pretty amazing!

Today is Merlin's Bridge day. It is hard to believe that it has been a year since we had to help him cross the Bridge.

I thought I would post some photos of him but I don't think I can do that -- not today, anyway. Too hard....

Larry and I miss our sweet, goofy, big overgrown kitten so much. I look at his photos every day; I have two photos on my desk (one with me, one with Larry) that were taken about a week before he went to the Bridge.

We had many wonderful years together. We wanted many more.

Hi Laurie,

I wanted to post here but it seems I can't...the tears have over taken me once again.

Big Hugs Laurie - our LBC's are together and watching over us.

Lynette

Wow, it's been a year already...... -_- It still amazes me how Bleys & Caine never left Merlin's side. Such loving boys. :heart:

Thinking of you today Merlin's one year anniversary. Hope Bleys and Caine wrapped themselves together and slept in the sunshine. Merlin would have liked that.

:eight:

Juli