Welcome to IMOM Community Home

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dawn IMOM

Peanuts Leith needs surgery for mammary tumors

95 posts in this topic

Poor Peanuts.  I know this is also very stressful on you.  This is not easy.  Know you are doing all you can for her and she is getting the care she needs at the vet. 

I will be checking in  and hoping for good news.

I am so sorry to read this...poor, poor girl...AND you...again I will send positive thoughts and prayers that this is something that can be taken care of and Peanuts can begin to get well again...hugs...

Thank you also for so much support I really appreciate it this is been a very hard time in our lives I called the vet to see if I could go by andsee her and made it would raise her spirits and she might fight a little bit harder but the vet seems to think that she would get over-excited and probably call her IV out and it would be too stressful on her so they won't even let me see your right now so we're just waiting to hear if the IV antibiotics are clearing up for lunch or not and when surgery might happen or if it's going to be able to happen at all this is very sad and it's very hard and I will keep you all posted updated thank you

This is so hard for me but unfortunately I have bad news peanut didn't make it through the surgery and we lost our baby girl today and this is probably been one of the hardest days of my life and I'm not handling this well we were able to say goodbye to her and tomorrow we have to go pick out her urn because we're having her cremated and I'm keeping her ashes I don't know how to thank you all so much for your support your help and I so wish that I had better news to give you but maybe after I calm down some  i can go through some of my pictures and post some of the pictures of her on little better days and I appreciate your support thank you ....you all are amazing for what you do for animals.

I'm so very sorry ... hugs to you.  RIP, Peanuts :animcnda_lg:

My heart is broken hearing this news.  So sorry to Peanuts family, I know how much you loved her and what a big part of your family she was.  RIP sweet Peanuts, keep watch on your mom and dad from the bridge.

Widgey is still kinda confused but she's doing a great job of comforting me and looking for peanuts quite often. 

1462332734270-1313135608.jpg

Rest in Peace sweet girl.  You are very loved.  :animcndc_sm:

I am so so sad to read this...it is so hard to have to deal with this when you had such hopes to make her well again...

I am sending hugs and prayers that bringing her back home again will give you some comfort. I know it does for us...

Thank you for sharing your girl with us. I knew right away that she was special...Sadly :broken_heart:

Just seeing this...I am so very sorry. At least Peanut was loved and had a wonderful home. Godspeed, sweet Peanut.

Judy G.

ACycle.jpg

We received peanuts ashes today and the Beautiful mahogany box with a place to put a picture and a name plate with her name on it. The funeral home also put a best friend's heart that split in half.... half in the box and have sent me the other half... I'm wearing it on my neck now ....and a Rainbow Bridge candle,bookmark with a poem on it .it was very touching and I feel more at peace knowing she's home now. Thank-you all for trying to help peanuts and for helping me threw this really hard time. 

So on the way home from work tonight ..we got across this bridge on Meridian and there is a white and black pitbull fully grown male laying on the side of the road and I just couldn't help myself so I made Jason turn around we went back and picked him up brought him home and give him a bath and let him eat and now we're going to have to do tick  patrol because he has ticks .he is so sweet-natured he just loves us to death .....so we named him Pete and we're going to get him fattened up and vetted. The thing peanuts hated most was me crying and I believe that peanuts sent me a angel that needs me.

20160601_215017.jpg

I just can't believe that somebody would throw away such a pretty pit bull. He is so sweet-natured and very gentle with puppy taz. He's a great baby sitter to. He keeps taz busy. All his ticks and flees died and fell off now he just needs a little time for the sores to heal and to learn the rules of the house. I can't believe I even seen him cowarded down on that bridge and I really can't believe I talked Jason into going back to check on him.i thought he was hurt but nope just terrified. It's amazing that I was even able to coax him into the car.  What a blessing we found...oh and he decided he really likes taz bed lol!

Resized_20160531_224520.jpg

Peanuts is looking down from above and smiling.